Game-Labs Forum

Wipe on release, 3-4 months?

21 minutes ago, Thomas Boyle said:

Don't force to spending time again for the grind top books(ArtofShip, Gunnery) and open slots. Don't mock on faithful players. pls.

If books aren’t nearly as important, then the “grind” becomes “no grind”....  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HachiRoku said:

LOL, what difference does it make? 90% of pvpers are trash. 

True.  And one of the reasons is because most people use "mods" as a crutch.  

The best way to learn, IMO, is to sink a bazillion times (like I did) and try and figure out why....

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

True.  And one of the reasons is because most people use "mods" as a crutch.  

The best way to learn, IMO, is to sink a bazillion times (like I did) and try and figure out why....

No my dear friend. If you sink a bazillion times you will not learn anything. Someone with mods will fight better than someone without. 

• Like 2

Ahoy Captains and Devs,

I would personally like to see mods done away with. Replaced with time spent on ship XP. Use a ship, learn all that ship can do for you and get XP bonuses for time spent commanding her. Get bonus XP for crew not killed because their training carries over. The more crew you have left at the end of a battle the faster your new recruits will train. Upgrades like copper plating etc. must be built and installed by the shipwright and are permanent to that ship. Do any of you remember Pagan Pete? He used only one ship most of the time and he was wicked GOOD with her. I do say, I miss him ravaging the coastlines.

Fair sailing and have a great day/night.     

• Like 4

8 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

No my dear friend. If you sink a bazillion times you will not learn anything. Someone with mods will fight better than someone without. 

That's weird...  I often beat players with mods that I don't have....   

Hmmmmm

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

That's weird...  I often beat players with mods that I don't have....   

Hmmmmm

And I often have people Yolo sink to me because their "ship has no mods anyway" and I don't like people that just throw away ships without a decent fight. 

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, EdWatchmaker said:

Do any of you remember Pagan Pete? He used only one ship most of the time and he was wicked GOOD with her. I do say, I miss him ravaging the coastlines.

Spoke with Pete recently. He is not to happy with the ROE and safe zones size and placement. But he still pops on now and then and is still leader of our clan.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 7:55 AM, HachiRoku said:

Anyhow... All I know for certain is that I will never grind a ship again nor will I get the 3 books again. If that is wiped I'm done. 4000 hours in naval action and I went to effort to ask devs before I got 3 books. I don't have time for another 1000 hour grind. That's a discrace imo. 

Did you forget you are a beta tester and EVERYTHING is subject to change without notice?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Do I get paid for the grind? Its to much. I am not doing it a 5th time now. 

Erm, ni. That's not how beta testing works when you purchase a game that CLEARLY states it's in beta, and subject to change and wipes. I agree with you it would SUCK to lose that knowledge, but I've seen admin say from day ONE "expect the worst". I don't know how much more plainly descriptive they can be. Your reward is the reduced price you got it at, and the hours of fun you've had. You also have a leg up on those who purchase at release through your experience. I've sailed against you a few times and you're one hell of a sailor.

Edited by Werewolf
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Werewolf said:

Erm, ni. That's not how beta testing works when you purchase a game that CLEARLY states it's in beta, and subject to change and wipes. I agree with you it would SUCK to lose that knowledge, but I've seen admin say from day ONE "expect the worst". I don't know how much more plainly descriptive they can be. Your reward is the reduced price you got it at, and the hours of fun you've had. You also have a leg up on those who purchase at release through your experience. I've sailed against you a few times and you're one hell of a sailor.

Ink told us that books would not be deleted. I don't care what you have to say about betas. I have gamed for 20 years now and something like that would be unacceptable. Games where ranks are wiped do not require you to regrind 500 hours of knowledge and books. 4th the time so far. I bought na during sea trials. I did not ask for open sea grind fest. My knowledge and books stay like ink told us or I'm done. End of conversation. NA grind is not fun. I have not sank an AI ship in a year and have no plans to ever do it again. Period. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

Ink told us that books would not be deleted. I don't care what you have to say about betas. I have gamed for 20 years now and something like that would be unacceptable. Games where ranks are wiped do not require you to regrind 500 hours of knowledge and books. 4th the time so far. I bought na during sea trials. I did not ask for open sea grind fest. My knowledge and books stay like ink told us or I'm done. End of conversation. NA grind is not fun. I have not sank an AI ship in a year and have no plans to ever do it again. Period. 

I played WoWP (World of Warplanes) when it was closed beta and open beta. I did the grind twice in that time and played around 1000 hours in the beta. After release i played it for a while and quitet for some personal reasons. In the end i played the game until i reached some T8 Planes after release. I think it is a normal thing that some regrind will happen. But in the end i hope we dont must unlock the books again.

I admit to being very surprised by some of the established players on here who are very attached to some of these mods/books.  I have been playing since Xmas and have yet to see one of them, so I guess I don't understand their importance.  Are they really so game changing powerful that you cannot win without them?  I feel that if there were a total wipe (and we are assured there will not be), the best players would rise very quickly to the top of the heap regardless of any mods/books.  No need to grind as you're already the best in these circumstances.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

It's not what I say about betas, it's the very definition of a beta, dude. Come off your high horse. With all those demands and Conditions, you'll never be happy. Why don't you go ahead and just leave and let those of us who actually understand what beta means finish testing the game until release? Acting like sinking an AI is such an offensive travesty... lmao. Yeah, you should probably just go ahead and pack your bags. I had no idea you were such an easily offended little snowflake. I don't care if you've gamed for 100 years.... you obviously still have NO clue what beta means.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I admit to being very surprised by some of the established players on here who are very attached to some of these mods/books.  I have been playing since Xmas and have yet to see one of them, so I guess I don't understand their importance.  Are they really so game changing powerful that you cannot win without them?  I feel that if there were a total wipe (and we are assured there will not be), the best players would rise very quickly to the top of the heap regardless of any mods/books.  No need to grind as you're already the best in these circumstances.

If you think you can beat me if I have no mods you're wrong. I dont want to grind again. I wont and thats the end of story for me. 

1 hour ago, Werewolf said:

It's not what I say about betas, it's the very definition of a beta, dude. Come off your high horse. With all those demands and Conditions, you'll never be happy. Why don't you go ahead and just leave and let those of us who actually understand what beta means finish testing the game until release? Acting like sinking an AI is such an offensive travesty... lmao. Yeah, you should probably just go ahead and pack your bags. I had no idea you were such an easily offended little snowflake. I don't care if you've gamed for 100 years.... you obviously still have NO clue what beta means.

Since youre such a smart ass tell me what you think a wipe will do?  Tell me what difference it will make if we have no books and knowledge after it?

Rare books drop rare in os fleets and epic events - We all know that and no testing is needed.

AI grinding is still the most annoying shit in the world and grinding all ships to level 5 again will prove my point.

Economy is BS. The economy patch will not make it better since there has been multiple attempts at it and they have failed. Books and knowledge have little to do with economy and once all players get their books again they will be completely irrelevant. Even if the devs fix it, it will be broken again because we could have 2000 players online on release. 

If you want to grind 500 hours for all that shit again be my hello kittying guest and don't worry, I will be gone if they wipe my stuff. As I said there is no way I will do AI missions again.  

On 9/12/2018 at 6:30 PM, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Some folk actually spend cash for their hobbies... go figure.

I was shocked when i knew about that 😮 

god, you are such a suck up. I think if the devs sold you dog shit you would give it a good review. 

• Like 2