Game-Labs Forum

Losing The love for the age of sail

1 hour ago, Lars Kjaer said:

You can't nerf the DLC boats because there is no caveat in the dlc sales pages. This means that changing an already sold asset will give every single individual that bought them the possibility to refund since the item is no longer as it was sold.

I have to say I'm surprised that admin didn't learn from the issues Wargaming had when they started changing the stats on Premium ships. I assume he was part of the team during those times. 

A simple line of text would be all was needed:

"This Ship is subject to testing and balancing, therefor current stats are not guarenteed long term" 

Or something like that

DLC ships CAN and WILL be changed...  which SOME will consider a nerf.  

While I understand the frustration of losing a ship, and I have raged just as much as others, I wish people would take a second to put things in a bit of perspective.

You are losing nothing but a bit of time.

If you've never lost a ship because the Admiral (wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend) has called you to bed, then its time to re-think your priorities.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

DLC ships CAN and WILL be changed...  which SOME will consider a nerf.  

While I understand the frustration of losing a ship, and I have raged just as much as others, I wish people would take a second to put things in a bit of perspective.

If you've never lost a ship because the Admiral (wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend) has called you to bed, then its time to re-think your priorities.

For me it is not about losing ships to these OP monsters, it is about losing parts of the game if I don’t spend the extra money to buy these ships. Shallow water port battles are awesome! 10-25 small ships per side mixing it up. That is fun. That is worth the $40 I spent on the game. Now to do the same battle I have to spend $15 more and I only get the choice of using one ship. The enemy has only one kind of ship. It takes most of the fun out of it. That is what is pissing me off the most. I am losing fun factor from this game.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

For me it is not about losing ships to these OP monsters, it is about losing parts of the game if I don’t spend the extra money to buy these ships. Shallow water port battles are awesome! 10-25 small ships per side mixing it up. That is fun. That is worth the $40 I spent on the game. Now to do the same battle I have to spend $15 more and I only get the choice of using one ship. The enemy has only one kind of ship. It takes most of the fun out of it. That is what is pissing me off the most. I am losing fun factor from this game.

Understood.  And I believe Admin has said it will be addressed one way or another.

What we all must remember is that we are playing an unreleased game from a small developer.  Changes will never happen as fast as we want them to.

They have said they are focusing on nothing but finishing the UI and eco.  

We may not like it, but thats what they decided.  Sometimes taking a break and letting things age is a good idea.

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

time->money->car, house, kids education 

time->relationships-> friends, family, wife

Drawing the conclusion, having to grind for losses that those ships inflict to you can cost you your car, house, family and wife. Probably not worth it :) It's safer to just pay this 10 EUR and sleep well, without stress (which also costs you your health)...

...or just stop playing NA and have even more cars, houses, kids and families :) 

Seriously though, it's about frustration and being forced to pay, or being handicapped or discluded from basic content.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, z4ys said:

Trinc (my  baseline for proper 5th rate) = 1669 LH  with crafting parts + ship. 42LH /rl h makes it worth around 40 rl hours so lets add resource gathering and 48h cd sounds reasonable.

So your baseline for a proper 5th rate....is the biggest 5th rate we have in the game?

but in terms of Cooldowns for a 5th rate DLC, I agree that 48 hours is fine.

Plenty of well established middle aged and retired adults do engage in their hobby & gaming full force and if you go to a tabletop con you will see a lot of old farts proudly presenting their figurine historical armies, and well modelled vehicles which they drove in the back of their brand new Tesla :)

If you are a youngster and put ANY game in front of everything else...then... no idea what we talking here.

A hobby - figurines, modelling, computer gaming, etc - is by definition an activity to be engaged when there's extra cash and free time.

If by abandoning a hobby means more time for family, cars, house, etc, then the priorities of RL were skewed from the start.

The discussion was well conducted regarding what is felt as not entirely correct with part of the NA hobby, not about life choices.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

So your baseline for a proper 5th rate....is the biggest 5th rate we have in the game?

but in terms of Cooldowns for a 5th rate DLC, I agree that 48 hours is fine.

Isn't indefatigable the biggest 5th? Just picked trinc because it seem to be the IT ship. Could have been Essex tho. But many wouldn't call it proper because it has no chaser.^^

Edited by z4ys

36 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Isn't indefatigable the biggest 5th? Just picked trinc because it seem to be the IT ship. Could have been Essex tho. But many wouldn't call it proper because it has no chaser.^^

Indef,endy and Trinco are bigest frigates or end game 5th rate frigates

8 hours ago, z4ys said:

My mate was tagged by a "DLC SHIP" in his snow earlier today. He wasted time and had to pay repair AND got 0 reward for [...] the sucker.

?

You do get rewards for sinking dlc ships; comparison cutter - dlc ship doesnt work

Requin is clearly unbalanced at the moment. I don't really wanna fight them ingame atm, because I know, I can't really kill them - they will just bugger off at 15 knots even with a mast missing

Hermione for instance would be fine, it's a pretty meh ship, characteristics (not model). I dont like her for the bad upwind and tacking capabilites. But would probably still use her as a dlc. Other than the Requin it would actually be killable pretty easily. And it behaves, well, like a proper ship

• Like 1

You don't get rewards when xebec decide to sail away after some pounding. Haven't some people complained about that's impossible to chase a xebec?

Isn't that equal to basic cutters? You clearly beat him but no kill no reward even tons of repairs were wasted.

Edited by z4ys

Just now, z4ys said:

You don't get rewards when xebec decide to sail away after some pounding. Haven't some people complained about that's impossible to chase a xebec?

exactly, thats the point as to why it's the Trollquin. 

In your quote where you replaced the cutter by DLC ship; I think the intention was that there was no point in fighting the cutter, because even when sunk no rewards were earned.

Pretty sure people would be fine with fighting a properly balanced Requin, that can't just twat off at any point in time

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Liq said:

Pretty sure people would be fine with fighting a properly balanced Requin, that can't just twat off at any point in time

A prince can sail away any square ship as well. We did it many times. Try - find your limits sail away.

I understand pvp marks are reward but for some players they are not. A ship taken out of the RvR equation can be reward as well. It gives a bigger meaning to a fight more as just a bit of pew pew and I have a bigger ..... A xebec or herc will just appear again out of the void nothing related to the bigger RvR picture. It's actual no loss. 

Edited by z4ys

Kill me all day long, we split the difference type of "should yield more" !? ... 🤑... *sarcasm*

Actually i'd say zero loss zero win. Let the love for the ship be the driving factor behind sailing it, no the fastfood mark gathering ;) 

• Like 1