Game-Labs Forum

Le Req is changing the game!

1 hour ago, Arngill said:

Title of this topic should be "Le Req is ruining the game". Because it is. As I write this, half a dozen Pirates in Le Req's are ganking around kpr, of course, superior numbers of players in REAL ships are going out to do battle, but to what end?

They come in HercOPules in my neck of the woods...

2 hours ago, Arngill said:

Title of this topic should be "Le Req is ruining the game". Because it is. As I write this, half a dozen Pirates in Le Req's are ganking around kpr, of course, superior numbers of players in REAL ships are going out to do battle, but to what end? the Le Req trickship just runs upwind and no-one can touch them. I even chased one DOWNWIND in T/T Bellona , copper plated, Bovenwinds, hull refit still can't catch the bloody things. And I f we do sink one, well whoopydoo! they just get another tomorrow. Congats devs, I think this time you've really done it. I hope the revenue from the DLC sales is worth it.

Pissed off, may leave.

Are your kidding??

A teak/teak ballonia should not be able to catch xebec whatever the mods!!!

You moan about not catching them yet you all come out in big fat slow ships against light fast raiders.

The battles were 12 - 16 vs 3 - 4 how is that a gank??  Lmao.

The 'gankers' on two seperate ocassions let two noobs in OW battles leave once we saw what rank they were.

Also most of the fights were against rear admirals not low level players and you guys had plenty of chances to sink us.

Stop talking BS and git gud.

#mybigshipdontwin

Edited by Crow

16 minutes ago, Crow said:

You moan about not catching them yet you all come out in big fat slow ships against light fast raiders.

Well, wadda you expect them to fight your uberships in, little 60 man Privateers and Pickles or something?  Princes and Rattlers with half the number of crew or perhaps much less?  LOL 

26 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

1 privateer and 1 prince, handled by proficient captains, will dispose of a xebec.

but still, 2 captains tied up for 1.

Can we try that?

I challenge you to that battle setup. You and a friend bring a prince and privateer. I will take a xebec.

23 hours ago, Crow said:

Are your kidding??

A teak/teak ballonia should not be able to catch xebec whatever the mods!!!

The battles were 12 - 16 vs 3 - 4 how is that a gank??  Lmao.

The 'gankers' on two seperate ocassions let two noobs in OW battles leave once we saw what rank they were.

Also most of the fights were against rear admirals not low level players and you guys had plenty of chances to sink us.

Stop talking BS and git gud.

#mybigshipdontwin

The only ship that you can fight a La Requin is another La Requin. Smaller ship I get rage boarded, bigger ship I can’t catch you. I DONT WANT THAT STUPID OP MONSTER OF A MISTAKE TO THE GAME. If I bought it, I would get stuck like so many of you just sailing one ship. That’s pathetic.

4 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

I hope all this drama with the DLC ships doesn't spill over into next patch. The last thing this game needs is a pay2win issue going into the new economy, of all things.

what pay to win?

Devs said that based on hard data decision about DLC ships will be made at worse case situation we will only have req and herc otherwise more DLC ships are coming

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

what pay to win?

Devs said that based on hard data decision about DLC ships will be made at worse case situation we will only have req and herc otherwise more DLC ships are coming

That's still an ugly mark on the game. If it's true they really can't touch these ships because they didn't read the terms of steam or acted hastily because they needed money to finish the patch, we're gonna feel still feel the salt from that come the future.

like I never imagined DLC ships, I thought paints where gonna be the money was at since ya know we've been asking for them for years and that's what was promised originally. It never crossed my mind that we needed free redeemable ships in the game and I still don't really see why that decision was made when the effects from it are very negative in most aspects.

Edited by Slim McSauce

1 minute ago, Slim McSauce said:

That's still an ugly mark on the game. If it's true they really can't touch these ships because they didn't read the terms of steam or acted hastily because they needed money to finish the patch, we're gonna feel still feel the salt from that come the future.

ugly mark created by buthurt players and hasty devs. Im not  defending requin or Hercules directly but i kinda hope we get more DLC ships

Just now, Lovec1990 said:

ugly mark created by buthurt players and hasty devs. Im not  defending requin or Hercules directly but i kinda hope we get more DLC ships

At this point I'm afraid that's the only choice we have to move forward. Unless they can somehow balance the distribution of these ships, or limit them to OW only then they're going to continue to dominate. Even if we buff ships around them, it will still be the best 6th rate with it's crew count and manueverability. Same with the herc being having absolute monster firepower.

Edited by Slim McSauce

3 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

At this point I'm afraid that's the only choice we have to move forward. Unless they can somehow balance the distribution of these ships, or limit them to OW only then they're going to continue to dominate. Even if we buff ships around them, it will still be the best 6th rate with it's crew count and manueverability. Same with the herc being having absolute monster firepower.

no limiting period DLC ships should be allowed to do PBs period

6 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

The only ship that you can fight a La Requin is another La Requin. Smaller ship I get rage boarded, bigger ship I can’t catch you. I DONT WANT THAT STUPID OP MONSTER OF A MISTAKE TO THE GAME. If I bought it, I would get stuck like so many of you just sailing one ship. That’s pathetic.

Short sighted and opinionated. Its a shsme your so butt hurt.

You need to relax and understand that this game has changed so many times in the last three years and it will again.

You like things your way, well life is not like that. Let the devs, develop.

Just Chillout, some of us, have been here a long time and endured far more than this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slim McSauce said:

I hope all this drama with the DLC ships doesn't spill over into next patch. The last thing this game needs is a pay2win issue going into the new economy, of all things.

No pay to win here.

Just git gud to win.

It's only the higher ranks that are throwing toys from the pram. The mid level guys are fighting the new ships well, but then no one has told them how unsinkable they are and they are not on the forum. Ssshhhh don't let them know that they can't beat them or they may stop sinking them......

Drama is all self made.

Enjoy the game.

3 minutes ago, Crow said:

No pay to win here.

Just git gud to win.

It's only the higher ranks that are throwing toys from the pram. The mid level guys are fighting the new ships well, but then no one has told them how unsinkable they are and they are not on the forum. Ssshhhh don't let them know that they can't beat them or they may stop sinking them......

Drama is all self made.

Enjoy the game.

i Think their issue is not requin or herc its something else:

-priror the DLC ships there was some sort of hirarchy that sperate mid tier and casual players from elite players, but then DLC ships came Herc was banned from PBs and nerfed 3 days after release becouse he destroyed hirarchy completly and requin still does thats why old this hate becouse mid tier players are far more willing too fight and less worried about ship loss while elite with their super moded golden/purple ships are worried and want too return the state of the game too time when they were dominating the game.

Yes requin did change the game and yes he still need bug fixes, but did it changed the game positively or negatively:

Positive:

-More PvP becouse more players are willing too PvP

Negative:

- Becouse of cheap replacement and bypass of game economy its very popular so it appears everywere

• Like 1

^except when veteran players use the requin, then the point is moot because mid tier players, and people who didn't pay lose still get swatted, you've only further increased the gap.

It's basically how much of your soul are you willing to sell for more PVP.

Shallows have been swarmed by the DLC plague, deep water is likely up next if the trend continues.

Edited by Slim McSauce

Just now, Slim McSauce said:

^except when veteran players use the requin, then the point is moot because mid tier players, and people who didn't pay lose still get swatted.

It's basically how much of the soul of your game are you willing to sell for more PVP.

Shallows have been swarmed by the DLC plague, deep water is likely up next if the trend continues.

Well if DLC ships that might come are balanced with proper timers and swarm of them still persists there is another underlying issue instead of asking why not ban them ask yourself why people rather pay real money compared to earning ingame gold and craft/buy the ships?

Well if DLC ships that might come are balanced with proper timers and swarm of them still persists there is another underlying issue instead of asking why not ban them ask yourself why people rather pay real money compared to earning ingame gold and craft/buy the ships?

because it's easy

yes but thats the game issue if DLC ship is popular becouse she bypass crafting/buying then should we not look at it instead of just bashing DLC ships?

I dunno. I think no matter what people will pay to make the game easier. Now that they're here we won't see how the new economy would've functioned on it's own and whether not the issue would've been resolved. People may love this new economy, it may completely have solved the economy issue, but we're still gonna be stuck with these pesky ships stirring up a storm in the community because apparently we can't nerf them or exclude them from PBs.

9 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

We are working to tune the alternatives. But we believe a lot of players will still use the requin and herc because of convenience even if there are other alternative 6th rates and 5th rates that are better

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, admin said:

We are working to tune the alternatives. But we believe a lot of players will still use the requin and herc because of convenience even if there are other alternative 6th rates and 5th rates that are better

we only have 2 6th rate DLC ships why do 5th rates need tuning?