Game-Labs Forum

Le Req is changing the game!

Le Requin:

You pay real money for the DLC. You get a free ship EVERY DAY!, so it's totally expendable, there's no risk (the concept of risk being at the very core of this game!).  It's stats are OP: too many crew, too fast, too good a sailing profile, hard to hit and surprisingly tough if you do hit it. It's (pretty much) uncatchable by anything that can kill it (except another one). It's BR is too low and it is now ESSENTIAL to have a fleet of them for Port Battles and it has totally changed PB dynamics (for the worse). Show me a PB fleet with no Le Req's and I'll show you the losing team. It looks shit too (they may or may not have been common in the Caribbean, who cares? it does not fit in with the game's aesthetic).

Let's be honest, we all know the Le Requin is a complete disaster.

I've always disliked the hatred shown by some former players towards this game, and I've written positive steam reviews and comments and always reminded people when I could what a great game this is... BUT... here's the bit I'm really worried about:

The devs won't be rebalancing/nerfing this ship (even though they know they've fucked up) because they are NOT ALLOWED. People have paid for the DLC and steam won't let them nerf it. We are stuck with it. I really really hope I'm wrong, but I think this might be the final nail in the coffin, and this game is now broken beyond repair.

(will this post be deleted?)

• Like 10

Just now, Jean Ribault said:

@Christendom mentions in another post that the DLC ships have created pvp.  Maybe he's right, but if you look on the Steam reviews lately there is a whole lot of hatred towards this change.  I don't hate it but tend to agree with those views.  Bad turn this game has made IMO.

Facts are that DLC ships created more OW PvP only thing needed too be done is balancing DLC ships with crafted ones so both sides are happy

1 minute ago, Lovec1990 said:

Facts are that DLC ships created more OW PvP only thing needed too be done is balancing DLC ships with crafted ones so both sides are happy

Like I said in a thread earlier for P2W "...no one could ever convince me that any of this can be balanced now, and personally it appears there will be no attempt to do so, since the DLC sales would reduce or stop."

This is game changing, not a temporary issue.  As you see, some like the change.  Steam reviews don't show a lot of the positive ones though.

10 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

So did you win?  :unsure:

Lol, nope, But he was down to half armour or less on both sides and knew he'd been hit.  He did well to get a really good hit with chain early on and lowered my maneuverability which was my main advantage.  He also knew to not let me behind him.  Good long fight though...(Carros next time...)

12 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

win or lose its fun that makes some of us do this.

But...did you win?  Curious of the two ships, skills notwithstanding.

EDIT:  LOL, simultaneous posting.  Thanks for reply. :)

Edited by Jean Ribault

• 2 weeks later...

An increase in PvP that does not matter. 

This has just added to a wider problem with this game: Nothing has any real purpose or effect on anything else. Most of the ports are useless. Trading, establishing territory, winning PvP battles, completing missions,  none of it has any effect on the game world. Even setting up a PB and winning it just changes the colour of little flag and since now you don't even need mats or ports to build ships, even that's pointless!

You might get a slight increase in pvp, but you may as well have just got rid of most of the map and had only the seven ports, one for each nation! There would be loads of PvP then.

Most of my clan have uninstalled the game. They refuse to buy the DLC, as do I, cos it's wank. There are tons of mats left so i can build pvp ships for a while and carry on playing but I'm not wasting my time with any more buildings or resources or trading, or strategy or books or marks or any of that cos it's devoid of any meaning and when the mats eventually run out I will uninstall too. Sailing about and shooting stuff is fun yes, but there is no incentive to invest time in anything else. It could have been so much more.

• Like 5

Totally pissed off with Le Req, it's ruining the game (80BR...REALLY???) and making it a DLC which provides an infinite supply of free replacements is a disaster ( I think the Herc DLC is lousy idea as well). Coupled with the recent "rebalancing" of reinforcements (that is to say, making them totally useless), this all means it's happy days for capital campers and gankers and why shouldn't they, they face NO adverse consequences whatsoever, on the rare occasions when they get sunk, who cares? they get another free one tomorrow, and so on ad infinitum. Since I started this game last December, I have played virtually every day.  Now to be honest I don't know I'll bother anymore. Trading is just too risky and what's the point of investing time and effort earning Gold to build ships when they just get wiped out by a couple of freebie ships.

• Like 2

Enemies can enter during 10 minutes in the Zone. They have only 3 minutes if not in the Zone.

Why do we insist in playing with fire and choosing the 10 minutes option ?

( note: reinforcements are not replacements. )

7 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Enemies can enter during 10 minutes in the Zone. They have only 3 minutes if not in the Zone.

Why do we insist in playing with fire and choosing the 10 minutes option ?

( note: reinforcements are not replacements. )

Sorry, I don't see what this reply has to do with the "Pay for Play" DLC's or in particular the Le Requin.

1 minute ago, Arngill said:

Sorry, I don't see what this reply has to do with the "Pay for Play" DLC's or in particular the Le Requin.

"this all means it's happy days for capital campers and gankers and why shouldn't they, they face NO adverse consequences whatsoever"

Pulling the string. That line has absolutely nothing to do with DLC ships as well. Just pointing that some reasons are not exclusive.

I really do not understand why you'd make another topic on Le Requin. If you have suggestions, feedback or remarks regarding Le Requin I suggest you do so in this topic: 

as this will probably not be taken seriously due to it mainly being a topic of complain and hate towards the ship and DLC ships.

I suggest you stick to constructive feedback as that will increase the chances of the Dev's actually listening to you and the rest of the community; they are working hard to provide the community they have with a game that we would enjoy and that other people will enjoy after release. However as with any alpha/beta/early access game mishaps and mistakes will be made along the way.

Now imagine making a drawing for a relative of yours, have they ever told you it's ugly? No... because that would be demotivating. Same goes for our Devs, we have to provide them with CONSTRUCTIVE feedback in order for "problems" to improve and be solved.

- Abraham

• Like 1

Herc is bad enough but the Requin takes this BS to a whole new level of retardedness. What makes it even more retarded is the same experienced players using this broken ship around capitals for easy kills every day, just to get their name in lights on top of the PVP Leader board. 

Herc and Requin destroyed the Bahamas for good battles, now they are quickly doing the same for deep water.  

But basement dwellers with too much time and moms credit card are always going to game the game, no matter how damaging it is to the player base. 

Edited by William Wade
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, William Wade said:

Herc is bad enough but the Requin takes this BS to a whole new level of retardedness. What makes it even more retarded is the same experienced players using this broken ship around capitals for easy kills every day, just to get their name in lights on top of the PVP Leader board. 

Herc and Requin destroyed the Bahamas for good battles, now they are quickly doing the same for deep water.  

But basement dwellers with too much time and moms credit card are always going to game the game, no matter how damaging it is to the player base. 

Captain William Wade. 

Capital waters are unfortunately where ya need to go to even find players, that's where most are hiding. 

Now I have a question for you,

What ship do you advise me to sail when i go hunt near your capital?.

Any ship you name i will explain why it's a bad idea.

(i didn't starting hunting when dlc was introduced, so i know what's it like to hunt there in other ships)

Edited by Po Tsai
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Po Tsai said:

Captain William Wade. 

Capital waters are unfortunately where ya need to go to even find players. 

Now I have a question for you,

What ship do you advise me to sail when i go hunt near your capital?.

"Capital waters are unfortunately where ya need to go to even find players. " 

And how did the player base get to that sorry state? Players over fish around the capitals and then wonder why there are no fish.  

1 minute ago, William Wade said:

"Capital waters are unfortunately where ya need to go to even find players. " 

And how did the player base get to that sorry state? Players over fish around the capitals and then wonder why there are no fish.  

Because players in general can't handle not having a safe zone.

The Ship Captain Wade... name the ship.

Edited by Po Tsai