Game-Labs Forum
admin

Partial materials wipe - advanced warning

2 hours ago, admin said:

Economy patch will be deployed before the port UI patch. We do not have the date yet.

It will include 

• Denomination of currency (it will lose a couple of zeroes)
  • Updated crafting for ships and upgrades (which will also include changes to resources required for ship building)
  • Intermediary materials (like oak frame parts) conversion into raw materials (based on the table provided in the main topic)
  • Removal of permit requirements for low level vessels except for ships of the line

Was hoping we get it before the end of last month or this week (tomorrow is a US holiday), but when it gets here I guess it will get here.  I'm taking if this is taking longer than so will the in port UI and we prob won't be seeing that by end of the month?

On 6/17/2018 at 12:26 PM, victor said:

Then you should have also re-grind your ship knowledge as anyone else.

Everyone has its own concept of "fariness" here, and I do not see any objective reasons why to treat in one way ship knowledge "rewards" and other kind of rewards, since they both are "rewards" for time and effort spent in game.

And to TBH getting rare skill books takes much more time and effort than grinding ship knowledge, so they should be higher than ship knowledge in the list of "saved" things.

PS: keep in mind also that another hard-wipe (it would be the third or fourth, I do not remember) in the acutal situation really could bring with it the risk of killing the game population.

Just a good example of how stupid and imbalanced the skill book system is more than anything.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Soon?  Mayb?

Admin said it will be deployed at the same time as the port UI. 

So dont expect to be very soon. It took a while to release OW UI, same will happen with this one.

On 7/3/2018 at 1:16 PM, Intrepido said:

We would support the game far better if we bought cosmetic DLCs.

Why do you ask to pay for paints? Who in their right mind asks for payed content that was already in game a year ago for free? DLC should be discussed after release,  not during alpha and the fact that we have dlc before many other fixes is a complete disgrace. Takes devs 2 months to fix wasa, God knows how long for dlc ship rebalance and roe/rvr fixes but when people ask to pay for stuff like Admiralty it's added less than a month later. What a joke. Chains still are a mess and repairs also but dlc is more important to some people I guess. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HachiRoku said:

Why do you ask to pay for paints? Who in their right mind asks for payed content that was already in game a year ago for free? DLC should be discussed after release,  not during alpha and the fact that we have dlc before many other fixes is a complete disgrace. Takes devs 2 months to fix wasa, God knows how long for dlc ship rebalance and roe/rvr fixes but when people ask to pay for stuff like Admiralty it's added less than a month later. What a joke. Chains still are a mess and repairs also but dlc is more important to some people I guess. 

Paints can be another source of income that might encourage admin to invest more into NA hiring new programers so we can get those fixes sooner.

Also admin has said paint can be obtain playing the game.

4 minutes ago, Joernsson said:

You mean to make it useless.

It is not useless. Just not as popular as Bellonas, you still can see them in port battles.

Edited by Intrepido

7 minutes ago, Joernsson said:

You mean to make it useless.

Well it's not a bad ship now, @rediiijust released a nice battle with it. For some reason the idiots didn't chain him once but the wasas problem is that the Bellona is simply better. There is no way to fix things like this. Bellonas are heavier ships but wasa is still more than capable of taking a Bellona out in good hands. I would not call it useless. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HachiRoku said:

Well it's not a bad ship now, @rediiijust released a nice battle with it. For some reason the idiots didn't chain him once but the wasas problem is that the Bellona is simply better. There is no way to fix things like this. Bellonas are heavier ships but wasa is still more than capable of taking a Bellona out in good hands. I would not call it useless. 

Looks some people doesnt play the game but like to comment in forums.

12 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Paints can be another source of income that might encourage admin to invest more into NA hiring new programers so we can get those fixes sooner.

I already paid for a game that is still unfinished. I will gladly support the devs when the game is fixed. It has never been more broken than now. You know what happens to games with a community like you? Star citizen. 186 million and still not even an estimated release date but 30 grand ship packs because the devs are so poor. Money does not always increase development time and in cases of early access it makes things worse. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Looks some people doesnt play the game but like to comment in forums.

Hmm. If you don't see me online you're not playing buddy just look at global. I ask for 1v1s every hour. You just made an idiot out of yourself there. 

2 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Hmm. If you don't see me online you're not playing buddy just look at global. I ask for 1v1s every hour. You just made an idiot out of yourself there. 

And I wasnt refering to yourself mate. 

You were just too fast assuming you were the target of my comment.

8 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I already paid for a game that is still unfinished. I will gladly support the devs when the game is fixed. It has never been more broken than now. You know what happens to games with a community like you? Star citizen. 186 million and still not even an estimated release date but 30 grand ship packs because the devs are so poor. Money does not always increase development time and in cases of early access it makes things worse. 

Star Citizen is a very special case. Their proyect is getting out of hands.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

And I wasnt refering to yourself mate. 

You were just too fast assuming you were the target of my comment.

Rediii was also playing every day this weekend. I have him on steam. Even if he wasn't playing he would have a good reason not to. 

6 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Rediii was also playing every day this weekend. I have him on styeam. Even if he wasn't playing he would have a good reason not to. 

Joernsson.

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Joernsson.

It's just my personal impression that Wasa is not that used as it was before it got "fixed".

Your comment "Looks some people doesnt play the game but like to comment in forums." is unnecessary. 

6 minutes ago, Joernsson said:

It's just my personal impression that Wasa is not that used as it was before it got "fixed".

Your comment "Looks some people doesnt play the game but like to comment in forums." is unnecessary. 

I disagree.

It is important that a personal view has some basis behind it considering we are in a forum with the goal of providing useful feedback in order to make NA a better product.

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

It wouldn't be any issue if you could choose to get paints as a DLC aswell as accessability via ingame currency (which ever it will be - pvp marks preferably)

Edited by Palatinose
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

It wouldn't be any issue if you could choose to get paints as a DLC aswell as accessability via ingame currency (which ever it will be - pvp marks preferably)

I would be damaging to economy 

27 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I disagree.

It is important that a personal view has some basis behind it considering we are in a forum with the goal of providing useful feedback in order to make NA a better product.

What's your ingame name?

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Really how can we get paints in game right now?  Only paints I know of was NYE paints we got.  Other than use we haven’t seen paints in over 9 months?  Don’t know why they keep them out of loot drops when every thing gets wiped any way upon release.