Game-Labs Forum

Fan Made Video - Battle of Placentia 1789

Beginning of the video reminds me of the opening scene of Master and Commander movie. Nice :)

Edited by Guest

Hey guys!
Thank you very much for sharing this, appreciate it alot! 
2 days ago i decided to make some test footage to see if i can make cinematic videos in this game since i absolutely love the time period the ships etc.. 

The next day we had a small skirmish which was indeed a gank :D
However i thought why not take some footage of it (since i was dead in the wind) and put something together, 
as someone mentioned that the intro looks like the movie master and commander, this is right, the first song is also the song from this movie and since i loved this movie alot i decided to kind of try and base it on that. 

It is copyrighted yes, but i do not care to much about making money from videos i just love to put things together :)

I am planning on making alot of videos, since i am fairly new to the game i have not yet been in any big battles, however when i do i will make sure to get some footage from that as well. 
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Borch said:

I have keept watching Port battles and that was one of the things bringing me to the game just the size of the battle with all the ships all the tactics going on and so on but as revi said we are new to the game and have yet to take part in a large scale battle. but still get exited about meeting a open world fleet fighting 8 ships.

Edited by UgeY

5 hours ago, Revi said:

Hey guys!
Thank you very much for sharing this, appreciate it alot! 
2 days ago i decided to make some test footage to see if i can make cinematic videos in this game since i absolutely love the time period the ships etc.. 

It is copyrighted yes, but i do not care to much about making money from videos i just love to put things together :)

I am planning on making alot of videos, since i am fairly new to the game i have not yet been in any big battles, however when i do i will make sure to get some footage from that as well. 
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Some videos that we promote get a lot of views. Copyrighted music can cause some problems or youtube will just delete the videos (using content ID blocks). Better use free music (royalty free). Or find inexpensive one in libraries. 

But great work! Keep it up!

In 5-6 months find me - lets shoot a Trafalgar Real Time reenactment. We will script it (AI will fight) and you will do camera work. 

• Like 4

This video makes me want to create one myself. We should create a NA video challenge section. Best ones could get some items monthly. Plus it would promote NA on YouTube. What do you think @admin?

Edited by Montauban

51 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

@Revi

Love the work and effort. Would like to see a “How to...” Guide on how you build these things. Am an old fart knowing nVidia plus YouTube are not friends. I struggle with this part of the game.

N.

Would say wait for the UI to drop than that would be a great time for any of the talented guys can make some great videos for the game.  Many a things need updated videos of.  

Hopefully when it drops we will see more vidoes from folks like @Revi and many of the other guys that stream.  Also enjoy watching other folks videos they post.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norfolk nChance said:

@Revi

Love the work and effort. Would like to see a “How to...” Guide on how you build these things. Am an old fart knowing nVidia plus YouTube are not friends. I struggle with this part of the game.

N.

Sony Vegas is very easy to use. Start there. Tons of lessons on you tube. Record with Fraps or shadowplay for example. 

https://www.howtogeek.com/259573/how-to-record-your-pc-gameplay-with-nvidia-shadowplay/

Edited by Montauban
  • Like 1