Game-Labs Forum

Did the game once have a different 3rd rate?

Sir. Cunningham

Or is it just an earlier version of the Bellona? It could very well just be the paintjob & stern Gallery that misleads me, but in that case it looked A LOT better before than it does now IMHO! The thinner stripes of the paintjob and more detailed stern gallery look absolutely gorgeous here. Infact everything looks a lot more detailed.

3rdrate2.jpg?format=1500w

Current Bellona:

med_gallery_2604_39_915235.png

• Like 1

devs where not satisfyed with the quality of the old models since they improved their skills and quality so they had to rework her just like they are doing now with the ,,Frigate,,

That that stern gallery! It's flipping gorgeous! IMHO much prettier than the current one, and ditto with the paintjob!

The pointjob really brings forth the true lines of the ship, instead the oddly curved black stripe we have on the Bellona right now, don't like that at all  :(

Please redo the Bellona's stern gallery & paintjob devs, pretty please!  :wub:

I don't like the fact that the black stripe curves so much, it should run parallel with the gunports IMHO, like the later paintschemes used on her by the RN .

Actually the paintscheme on GameLabs first model of the Bellona above looks absolutely gorgeous in my eyes, the stripe follows the line of gunports beautifully. Only thing I'd change was using black instead of darkblue as the secondary colour.

Paint job is just 2-3 clicks

For stern gallery we need a good sculptor artist that we don't have right now. Old stern was taxing on performance.

We decided that ship with no stern decorations ( temp) is better than no ship at all, cos we can always add this later.

• Like 3

For stern gallery we need a good sculptor artist that we don't have right now. Old stern was taxing on performance.

We decided that ship with no stern decorations ( temp) is better than no ship at all, cos we can always add this later.

Is there any way I could convince you to try a new paintjob then? :wub:  Would be really nice with the typical straight lined (as in runs parallel with gunports) RN paintjob in black & yellow, alternatively the one with a single big yellow stripe as below :)

DRepZMx.jpg

• Like 1

Is there any way I could convince you to try a new paintjob then? :wub: Would be really nice with the typical straight lined (as in runs parallel with gunports) RN paintjob in black & yellow, alternatively the one with a single big yellow stripe as below :)

DRepZMx.jpg

We actually took this paint job from a historical model as well :) but yes. Paint schemes you guys posted are awesome. We will think of something on 5th 6th once we come back to work.

• Like 1

Would the sculpting then be 2d painted, normal mapped, or actually be modelled (highly unlikely)?

We actually took this paint job from a historical model as well :) but yes. Paint schemes you guys posted are awesome. We will think of something on 5th 6th once we come back to work.

You guys are the best!

PS: I've seen the model the current paintjob is based on, it was supposedly the Bellonas first paintscheme, but it was soon altered to RN colours we see in the paintings, and I really do prefer the later RN paintjobs :)

One thing I hope you add later is masts and rigging for Bellona.

Currently she uses the rig from Victory and it is massively oversized. Looks top-heavy and downright dangerous.

One thing I hope you add later is masts and rigging for Bellona.

Currently she uses the rig from Victory and it is massively oversized. Looks top-heavy and downright dangerous.

Good point.  From the front it can be difficult to tell the Bellona from the Victory unless you bring up the spyglass and zoom in.  

later on we will ahve the option for diffrent paintjobs so i'm sure that we see her in a prettier optic

Can these be user seen only paint jobs. As In WoT . Then I can have the colours I want and not some hideous looking paint scheme forced on me by others. My idea and someone else's idea of what looks good are not the same so please give us the option to turn off the custom paint jobs.  This also includes any clan tags or markings. I want a "historically" correct looking game. Just looking at the Potbs video in one of the clan threads made my eyes hurt.

• Like 1

Can these be user seen only paint jobs. As In WoT . Then I can have the colours I want and not some hideous looking paint scheme forced on me by others. My idea and someone else's idea of what looks good are not the same so please give us the option to turn off the custom paint jobs.  This also includes any clan tags or markings. I want a "historically" correct looking game. Just looking at the Potbs video in one of the clan threads made my eyes hurt.

Before the RN adopted the "Nelson Chequer" it was common for the captains to choose their own paint scheme. I think the best thing is to let people choose their own custom paint jobs but limit the choice of colours.