Game-Labs Forum

Did the game once have a different 3rd rate?

Sir. Cunningham

Stop being to biased from PotBS

Can these be user seen only paint jobs. As In WoT . Then I can have the colours I want and not some hideous looking paint scheme forced on me by others. My idea and someone else's idea of what looks good are not the same so please give us the option to turn off the custom paint jobs.  This also includes any clan tags or markings. I want a "historically" correct looking game. Just looking at the Potbs video in one of the clan threads made my eyes hurt.

i cant find it a gain but we found a like to diffrent type of paint sheme used

praise the lord http://www.larsonweb.com/Transfer/Miniatures/Sail/NAPSHIPS.htm

Image1.gif

Image2.gif

Image3.gif

Image4.gif

Can these be user seen only paint jobs. As In WoT . Then I can have the colours I want and not some hideous looking paint scheme forced on me by others. My idea and someone else's idea of what looks good are not the same so please give us the option to turn off the custom paint jobs.  This also includes any clan tags or markings. I want a "historically" correct looking game. Just looking at the Potbs video in one of the clan threads made my eyes hurt.

My understanding is that customization will be within the bounds of realism.

IE, range of historical patterns to paint your ship in with suitable color variations. Variety of pennants (admin mentioned something about unlocking these), possibly user created flags. Hopefully not custom sails though, because these were in reality very rare but if its allowed ingame they will be everywhere.

Certainly no user created skins, I share your dislike of them  ;)

• Like 1

I spy with my little eye, a (former) St. George Squadron colleague :D

Avast!  I've been found out!   ;)

BTW, I would paint ALL of my ships the color scheme used during the Austrian Succession and Seven Year's war:

royal%20george%20ship.jpg

Or figure 2 in Mirones post.  That's how I tried to paint all of my PotBS ships but the colors and regions never quite panned out.

600px-HMS_Lenox.png

i cant find it a gain but we found a like to diffrent type of paint sheme used

praise the lord http://www.larsonweb.com/Transfer/Miniatures/Sail/NAPSHIPS.htm

Image1.gif

Image2.gif

Image3.gif

Image4.gif

I am so hoping for nr.2  :wub:

Btw, on those pictures you can clearly see the straighter hull of the ships that came after the Bellona, such as the Canada class, a feature I simply adore - hence I really hope the devs add a ship of this class later, such as the HMS Orion or Collosus :) That having been said the ships below the Bellona are infact 80+ gun ships.

Avast!  I've been found out!   ;)

BTW, I would paint ALL of my ships the color scheme used during the Austrian Succession and Seven Year's war:

[...]

Or figure 2 in Mirones post.  That's how I tried to paint all of my PotBS ships but the colors and regions never quite panned out.

[...]

I'm completely new on this forum, since I just found out about this gem, and while browsing more of the forum I saw that more St. George Squadron members have found their way over here, along with Marion van Ghent (sp?) and a few others. Felt like aaaaaaages since I regularly mingled into the PotBS community :D Anyway I'll end my thread derailment here ;)

I am so hoping for nr.2  :wub:

Btw, on those pictures you can clearly see the straighter hull of the ships that came after the Bellona, such as the Canada class, a feature I simply adore - hence I really hope the devs add a ship of this class later, such as the HMS Orion or Collosus :) That having been said the ships below the Bellona are infact 80+ gun ships.

If you are talking about the ships in that picture I'm not sure exactly what the top ship is but it seems to be a British 60 gun ship of about 1740-1750 rather than the Bellona. The other ship outline is a french Temeraire class 74, which is indeed a bit larger and has straighter gundecks than the Bellona.

My favorite of those paintschemes is the 3rd down, the Royal navy used that scheme a lot before the Nelson chequer became standard because it rather hides the number of gundecks and makes it harder for the enemy to identify your ship, so you'd see that paintscheme on everything from frigates to 1st rates.

alex he emans the very late sail ships not after the bellona in case of the 4 picture but after the time she was launched.

like HMS Ganges and the earlier French 80gun she is based on ~1750 vs ~1825  where decoration became less and the ships where becoming an tool of war instead of the prestige of the countries just 30-40 years befor

i preffer the 1600-1750 designe more than the later one