Game-Labs Forum

Ability to create battle group cross faction

Pretty simple one. Last night we had a mighty screening fleet between Danes and Pirates to defend North Inlet. With current mechanics we were unable to effectively team up and pull the Russian fleet as by default we were split into two battle groups meaning we didn't have enough BR to pull. Felt pretty gamey and lame as we had more than enough across the two factions.

Possible implementation:
-Friendly clans cross faction would allow cross faction battle groups. This would require a UI update to friendly clans as its terrible in current form and needs a search function.
This could also stop the ability to pull the other factions clans members while they are friendly. (would be handy)
-Just straight up make it so we can invite other factions members to groups. I see no reason why different nations couldn't team up like this in certain situations.

FYI
Pirates and Danes are not allied :P Enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.

I don’t agree. Nations who help screen should do so independent;y and not supplement the numbers or lack of numbers of another nation by combing total BR values.

What next? They will be entering  port battles for another nation. Not all ports have a massive BR limit and everyone can see what sort of force they would need to screen before hand.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fletch67 said:

I don’t agree. Nations who help screen should do so independent;y and not supplement the numbers or lack of numbers of another nation by combing total BR values.

What next? They will be entering  port battles for another nation. Not all ports have a massive BR limit and everyone can see what sort of force they would need to screen before hand.

God no on port battles don't be ridiculous. But its so frustrating trying to work together and being stopped by a stupid pulling mechanic. I've always hated the BR to strong mechanic.

• Like 1

i Hear what your saying but without that a lynx could grief a first rate and continually pull it into battle.

If you allow people of another nation to join your battle group to tag the attackers, what’s to stop attackers from abusing this to make their own attack force from having an even bigger BR than than a defending nation can pull into a battle? Before long no nation could attack or defend by itself it would get silly in my opinion.

• Like 1

I think you are correct. Although you over estimate it haha. I think it would end up with a few nations just power housing around like that together.

I don't know how to counter the BR problem but its so frustrating to waste so much time itching for a fight for it to be denied by such a gamey mechanic like that. Wasted a good 25 peoples time and we all left saying "should of done the epic mission instead" which is reinforcing the why bother PVP attitude which seems to be becoming more and more present.

• Like 1

I'm game for anything that creates more content (especially the lack of PVP currently)

It has been reduced to ganks and dock-humping. 

I think that BR has its use for PBs, but has done more harm then good for OW pvp battles, it prevents skilled players from taking on more adversaries such as this-

7DA5F65AA6704B9E898DFE0C65577B16884B83E2

Why do people think clan based will make more content? All the most skilled clans will end up on the same side and the ones without chance will either stop playing or move to a clan on the winning side. Once all the noobs are fished clean and no one left to kill people will leave from boredom

10 minutes ago, Fletch67 said:

Why do people think clan based will make more content? All the most skilled clans will end up on the same side and the ones without chance will either stop playing or move to a clan on the winning side. Once all the noobs are fished clean and no one left to kill people will leave from boredom

Most of the time when people say clan-based they mean more clan content. The game is already clan focused. Things like clan wars isn't clan based, its just what clans do.

Then there are people who say nations shouldn't be a thing which I couldn't disagree with more.

This battle group thing is really a call for out of nation alliances, which would require in-nation wars. Clan based game? More so but much less so than something like E.V.E.

This is my opinion

• Like 1