Game-Labs Forum

Patch 14: Part 2 experimental patch increasing realism in ship behavior

admin

8 minutes ago, admin said:

conquest marks? people will trade port battles then. Current system does not allow trading because when losing ports you lose a lot more points. So if you traded your ports to a friendly nation you will drop deeper on the leaderboard

Pretty sure Spanish have swapped ports with Russia to allow easy access to gulf of Mexico area and I think las tortugas

6 minutes ago, admin said:

conquest marks? people will trade port battles then

Yeah, I know it's not perfect but it would promote diplomacy... or you could make it so ports maintenance are more expensive the more players you have in your nation and cheaper for the smallest nations... I don't see how the smaller nations can survive if the 3 top nations get boosted every week while the smaller can't replace their big ships...

May as well just make it so Sweden and Russia are only nations to buy 1st rate permits. :D

This will seriously damage motivation to even bother with port battles more than is currently the case. At moment most ports on map are a gold drain , there simply isn't the population to maintain taxes on levels they currently cost.  Also if only 1st 3 people who gain enough points or whatever to gain a vic mark nations may not even be able to replenish ship losses for the battle itself,  will i think create more and more abandoned ports.

Hope i'm wrong but thats the logic path my mind takes.

Edited by Dibbler

1 minute ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Winning PBs doesn't pay. Loosing PBs doesn't hurt. Owning ports counts.

Of course. It's a conquest game not a short race. 

There are ports that give more points for control (3 vs 1). To get 30 points you only need to control 10 of them.
Taking ports from someone actually loses them a lot more (win 10 battles they lose 20 points + all control points). 
There is a strategy here and all you need is to concentrate your forces on important things (ports) instead of trying to capture the whole gulf for example, wasting time and money.

Anyway I think we've seen RVR for a large majority of players has become stagnant/boring... I've seen many comments in nation & global chat about players can't be bothered with RVR anymore for various reasons I guess & I doubt this change will promote RVR when what do you really need victory marks for when 1st rates are nearly obsolete in game, the other ships requiring Vic marks are also obsolete apart from heavy rattle which is the go to ship for shallow PBS meaning if nation can't obtain ship to defend port effectively why bother to defend at all..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, admin said:

Important experimental update.

Gameplay changes
Victory marks (marks received for winning the map) conversion is now only available for the PVE server

Improvements
Crash reports sent only take into account logs of the recent crash (speeding up returning to the game significantly after the crash)

Conversion was removed to increase importance of port capture and victories in conquest. Expected effect = more port battles and more pvp; higher importance of port control and port victories.

Do you guys have this dream of someday seeing nothing but Wasas on the map? Because it seems that almost every update lately is designed to push people towards them. People are far more interested in open world pvp than RvR but its almost impossible these days because 9 time out of 10 you end up meeting the OP Wasa. 

The simple fact is that the game sadly does not have the player numbers for the current RvR mechanics or to be perfectly fair, RVR in general and yet you seem to be pushing it more and more.

Edited by NethrosDefectus
Terrible spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Do you guys have this dream of someday seeing nothing but Wasas on the map? Because it seem that almost every update lately is designed to push people towards them. People are far more interested in open world pvp than RvR but its alomst impossible these days because 9 time out of 10 you end up meeting the OP Wasa. 

The simple fact is that the game sadly does not have the player numbers for the current RvR mechanics or to be prefectly fair RVR in general and yet you seem to be pushing it more and more.

wasa's are a temporary aberration. 

• Like 4

Sick to death of wasa everywhere I look hope this "temporary" which has been to long already gets nerfed or lost sooner then later..

or just delete all wasa give back upgrades as redeem then nerf hell out of it And make it craft able like the rest of the ships..

Or just do what you want it's your game and as I'm clearly a sucker for punishment  I will carry on playing and make do. Lol

P.s. I may be a little salty today

Edited by Spitfire83

I like crafting ships, first rate ship in particular and supply them to the nation. But if your victory marks exchange changes stays as it is, you can count me out of this game.
I cant see any good reasons to have limitation to 1st rates. They are not cheap to build as is, but with this change you will handicap game. Might as well remove all ships except for Wasa with such changes.

3 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Sweden starts this conquest with 50 ports and 60 control points. Britain starts with 55 ports and 55 control points and Russia has to compete only with 22 ports and 22 control points. Make all old port controls invalide for the conquest and you get a fair race. Otherwise you give two nations a lead the rest cannot catch up before running out of ships.

Gues who will win the race.

if you capture 12 3 points ports (many controlled by one nation - lets call it Nation A) you will achieve the following
you will get 36 control points
you will get 12 battle points
Nation A will lose 24 battle points
Nation A will lose 36 control points

just by taking 12 ports you get on top and destroy a leader and have so much pvp (giving a lot of pvp options to all other nations as well)
Taking 12 ports is possible in 2 rounds, if you have 1 port battle per day.

2 minutes ago, admin said:

if you capture 12 3 points ports (many controlled by one nation - lets call it Nation A) you will achieve the following
you will get 36 control points
you will get 12 battle points
Nation A will lose 24 battle points
Nation A will lose 36 control points

just by taking 12 ports you get on top and destroy a leader and have so much pvp (giving a lot of pvp options to all other nations as well)
Taking 12 ports is possible in 2 rounds, if you have 1 port battle per day.

So far the theory :D

18 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Sweden starts this conquest with 50 ports and 60 control points. Britain starts with 55 ports and 55 control points and Russia has to compete only with 22 ports and 22 control points. Make all old port controls invalide for the conquest and you get a fair race. Otherwise you give two nations a lead the rest cannot catch up before running out of ships.

Gues who will win the race.

They have not been 'given' this lead they have fought for it, earned it.

Also, everybody is always saying the brit RvR capability is too low to properly defend all their ports, so why don't you try and take some of their ports?

8 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Did you have a look on the BR of those ports. You need 25 people to conquer them. Who has those numbers? Only the nation which controls them. 

All nations have at least 25 players. we just need to give them an incentive to get out of the safe zone; a real incentive to practice and fight. No leading nation can withstand the simultaneous attack on multiple fronts.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Important experimental update.

Gameplay changes
Victory marks (marks received for winning the map) conversion is now only available for the PVE server

Improvements
Crash reports sent only take into account logs of the recent crash (speeding up returning to the game significantly after the crash)

Conversion was removed to increase importance of port capture and victories in conquest. Expected effect = more port battles and more pvp; higher importance of port control and port victories.

With 300 players during the day and 500 in the evening, do you really think it's wise to embark on this kind of experimentation (already attempted)?
The game did not have time to resuscitate on steam that he is dead again ...

Solo players or small clans are numerous and ignoring them can have consequences on everything else. Good luck !

Just now, admin said:

All nations have at least 25 players. we just need to give them an incentive to get out of the safe zone; a real incentive to practice and fight. No leading nation can withstand the simultaneous attack on multiple fronts.

Limiting ship production is not a good incentive. Instead giving better access to all sort of ships will give incentive. If you can very quickly replace ship you have lost few minutes ago, will give incentive to go out again and have a pay back. Otherwise who would want to lose 1st rate which you wont be able to build anymore? Reverse logic of developers.

12 minutes ago, admin said:

25 players that want to RVR including grinding the PBs.  Every night 4-6 hours for what 1 or 2 weeks to win a victory mark not realistic only nation that has the commitment to bother is the Russians and there not doing it for victory marks.

Doesn't include grinding cash for ports that don't make profit, grinding mats & upgrades for losses in fights..

Edit...

And the motivation should in part be pvp marks/ pvp in general but I know I can get those fighting at kpr without any of the hassle of setting up RVR ports, repairs to PB area, ships to be in place etc.

And you need reserves not just 25 for a campaign like you describe because of real life commitments, counter attacks etc.......

@admin be realistic 

Edited by Spitfire83

10 minutes ago, admin said:

Remove safe zones for all ports except the capital. That's plenty of incentive.

10 minutes ago, Spitfire83 said:

25 players that want to RVR including grinding the PBs.  Every night 4-6 hours for what 1 or 2 weeks to win a victory mark not realistic only nation that has the commitment to bother is the Russians and there not doing it for victory marks.

Doesn't include grinding cash for ports that don't make profit, grinding mats & upgraded for losses in fights..

@admin be realistic 

100k ? You get 200k by selling 1 pvp mark. (This is a pvp server remember?). 

There are multiple activities players can chose in the game.
The question "why should I and my friends capture the port" did not have a clear answer before - now it has a clear answer; a goal.

15 minutes ago, Baron De Bourbon said:

Limiting ship production is not a good incentive. Instead giving better access to all sort of ships will give incentive. If you can very quickly replace ship you have lost few minutes ago, will give incentive to go out again and have a pay back. Otherwise who would want to lose 1st rate which you wont be able to build anymore? Reverse logic of developers.

Yeah, here's the problem and it's been this way since they went to the 1 durability model. I had one fight last night, I lost. I thought about the 2 hours it would take to sail a new ship up to my outpost. I decided my time was better spent in mechwarrior online.

6 minutes ago, admin said:

The question "why should I and my friends capture the port" did not have a clear answer before - now it has a clear answer; a goal.

There is absolutely no value in rvr. I don't care what ports if any are owned by my nation. Port ownership is too expensive, and there is zero reason why I want them. I actually prefer enemies to be closer to my capital because it's less time I have to wait to gank the gankers.

rvr is a grind fest, time wasting and cumbersome mechanic for no discernible reward. It is not fun, has never been fun. It would be much better to go to a raid system where a raid opens a 10 hour instance where everyone from the two parties could join and fight for a decent reward at the end.

Edited by Valentine Karrde
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, admin said:

Edited original post.

The fact is the goal as you put it is not that rewarding for the time and effort required and pvp marks are easier to obtain sat at kpr waiting on crap gankers or out ganking the gankers remember this is a pvp server not a time sink server.

see what I did there...

Plus I'm keeping my pvp marks to obtain OP books like 6% speed increase..

Edited by Spitfire83