Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

Just now, rediii said:

Yes I think I understood now. I thought 20% cost increase is calculated as 120% cost but its 30%basecost +20% from 1 upgrade and +20% for second so today we should have 70% cost of tax in philippsburg. Thats some heavy costs. :D

needs change of course

• Like 3

On 18/09/2017 at 9:14 PM, admin said:

Patch update message (main post updated too)

Hotfixes done over last week (including today)

• Cities set as neutral by clans will have their own unique marker
  • Cities set as neutral by clans allow outpost construction and placing contracts
  • Port battle attack limit set as 3 per enemy nation (it was temporary remove during last weekend to give some more freedom). Previous limit of total 3 port battles was too small. 
  • Production bonuses now work both on trading resources (more trading resources spawn in the city) and on production in buildings (more volume can be mined or grown) 

Other fixes

• Hostility quests disappear from the list of available if your nation has already set 3 port battles for one enemy nation. 
  • Teleport is allowed to free towns
  • Forge papers allow usage in free towns and neutral towns
  • Nation descriptions and difficulty levels added player creation description.

This is a bit confusing ? 

So we CAN pickup hostility missions. We have FOUR Battles for brits in queue. But when we do hostiltiy missions we get ZERO points.

So REALLY we can only have THREE port battles scheduled...and then go have a break from the game ?? as far has port capture is confirmed ?

Worst idea ever....game over port battle wise for us 'post shutdown' players....

PANTS.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 3

Just now, Ink said:

Captains, in case you teleport between outposts from a city without discount to a city with LH discount (or vice versa) - discount won't be dispaled correctly (UI uses information from the latest outpost you just teleported) but actual LH will be consumed correctly. Fix in process.

E.g.: Ays has LH discount, you have two outposts in Ays and Rio Seco and you want to craft iron ingots (10 LH by default).

• If you teleported from Rio Seco to Ays, you will see Iron Ingots require 10 LH but actually it will consume only 8 LH (discount LH).
  • if you teleported from Ays to Rio Seco, you will see Iron Ingots require 8 LH but actually it will consume full 10 LH.

The workaround untill fix - undock and dock again (or just ignore it if you know that a city has LH discount).

• Like 1

Also make sure your smuggler flag is off when you heading on a warship to an available for all port - currently smuggler flag prevents you from undocking on a warship, fix is also in process.

If you are stucked, set the ship on sale, grab basic cutter, undock, find a closest port where you can turn the flag off and return for your ship.

2 hours ago, Jeheil said:

This is a bit confusing ? 

So we CAN pickup hostility missions. We have FOUR Battles for brits in queue. But when we do hostiltiy missions we get ZERO points.

So REALLY we can only have THREE port battles scheduled...and then go have a break from the game ?? as far has port capture is confirmed ?

Worst idea ever....game over port battle wise for us 'post shutdown' players....

PANTS.

Well the problem is this
Limit of 3 attacking port battles against a single nation only looks small NOW. it will not look small once there are no more neutral towns.
We removed all limits last weekend because were were testing the feature and could not deploy it on Friday.
But now it is working and we think it should stay, because we want to promote nations to attack other nations, and we can't have a separate limit against neutrals (unfortunately we can't do it fast and by the time we do it there will be no neutral towns anyway).

So the question is why can't you attack ports that are already captured.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

Because we are very limited on ouposts and dock spaces. Normally a nation has 2-4 frontlines, so it usually takes 2-4 ports for RvR. Fleets should be ready in ports for defending from aggresor. How can we be ready if you can attack now 50 ports, soon 70 or so. That what actually raids should be for, surprise and sudden attack, unexpected. Raids would actually now change port ownership, just looting and plundering. 

Distance limitation could be done
For example - we can limit the distance of hostility missions from the port to the 10 nearest towns. 

But
It can easily be avoided by just port hopping (which was done successfully in the past with flags). Get the port behind the front line, defend it and you again can operate behind the frontline. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, admin said:

Well the problem is this
Limit of 3 attacking port battles against a single nation only looks small NOW. it will not look small once there are no more neutral towns.
We removed all limits last weekend because were were testing the feature and could not deploy it on Friday.
But now it is working and we think it should stay, because we want to promote nations to attack other nations, and we can't have a separate limit against neutrals (unfortunately we can't do it fast and by the time we do it there will be no neutral towns anyway).

So the question is why can't you attack ports that are already captured.

You still haven't fixed long travel problem. No matter what you change you are not promoting casual player population. However, if you are ok with 400 people playing that is another story then. In my opinion you should come up with a way to move pvpers around the world much more quicker compared to now. This will undoubtedly increase pvp and other activities in all parts of the world during any time of the day.  

All your development that soon will end up in the game will not be used by majority. Why not add spawn points around the world and make your work worthy? Faster travel will force nations to participate more and use your system at full. Right now all your hard work will be wasted in the end. I hope you understand what I mean. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

In my oppinion limit was needed with flags because you were able to instantly cap the port.

Now defender gets the info 1 day before.

Not to mention manpower and prep necessary to get people and ships into position to grind multiple ports. If SWERG can successfully grind 5 ports on the same timer, let them.

Going by monk33y and qw639's thread, the expansionist clans will soon hit critical mass and be required to grind missions religiously to get ahead of upkeep costs, so the risk of having too many fronts that a clan can't defend will likely decrease as people pull back and only hold ports around their Econ hubs and strategic interests. 

With new clan centric system, limits just hamstring Australian clans on global and smaller clans on eu, they don't actually accomplish anything 

1 minute ago, rediii said:

I agree fully that missions are way too far from the targetport. We grinded missions for point a pitre in front of deshais! No way that anyone would search there.

For hat island we made missions at marigot

doesnt promote pvp atm

we already cut the distance by 15%. Is it still far? or you are saying based on todays build?

I would just like to second the point about Guacata (the lake port). Right now, hostility missions pulled for it ALL end up on the east coast of Florida. It seems to me like this removes a lot of the defensive capabilities of such a unique port, as it would take 10-15 min or more to sail to the location of these hostility missions from Guacata.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

Without the pb limit france set more pbs than sweden. :D

I agree fully that missions are way too far from the targetport. We grinded missions for point a pitre in front of deshais! No way that anyone would search there.

For hat island we made missions at marigot

doesnt promote pvp atm

Read what I posted above, the trick to pvp and action are easier travel tools or spawn points. Only hardcore vets will invest time into such activities and that makes less than 100 players. The rest will never participate no matter what you will do and what rewards you will add. Main goal is to make world travel faster and more efficient, but please continue. I did not mean to disturb. 

Edited by George Washington

14 minutes ago, George Washington said:

Read what I posted above, the trick to pvp and action are easier travel tools or spawn points. Only hardcore vets will invest time into such activities and that makes less than 100 players. The rest will never participate no matter what you will do and what rewards you will add. Main goal is to make world travel faster and more efficient, but please continue. I did not mean to disturb. 

but you can teleport to any neutral town now with no cool down + travel times are 40% faster than they were on launch last year.

• Like 6

Are Combat Missions no longer a thing? Had an hour to kill last night and figured I'd grab a Combat Mission near Belize and get some gold/xp/Combat Marks. Only mission I could get was in a Neutral Region about 2 regions over which was way beyond the sail time + battle time I had available. 

Ended up grabbing a US AI Surprise in OW but that battle somehow wiped all my Combat Marks.. F11'd it so I guess we'll see. Pretty gutted at this turn of events though. 

23 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I would really reconsider bringing "tow" feature back into the game, as we are back to more casual rathen than hardcore style. The old tow that you pay gold to deliver your ship from one outpost to another after maintenance. With travelling times I find it terrible when I have to move my L'Ocean from Cartagena de Indias to New Orleans (I did it a couple of times). 

Maybe make public poll on forums to check players opinion?

Would appreciate that aswell. I think that would increase RVR a lot, would raise the losses of the nations. Crafting a first rate isnt as annoying than driving it where it is needed.

But wouldnt implement tow to freeport though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, admin said:

We mentioned it before and i think during tax discussions.
Maintenance = % of tax collected but not less than 100k. I think the number is 30%. The more tax you collect the more support you need for that. Taxmen, military, defence, administration.

Additional services is based  on maintenance cost - the richer the city the more support services cost. 

Philipsburg made 1.3 mln i think. Why you are unhappy with the 900k profit per day?

Apparently this was answered on later pages.

Edited by Quineloe

Regarding PvP activity, here a few numbers:

Approximately 2-3k total players casually playing 2-4 hours each day are loosing less than 150 ships in probably more than 2500 battles each day. 

Thats a average ship lifetime of more than 10 days. If you assume that about 30% of ships are lost in a PvP battle, about 80% of battles are PvE.

In terms of economy, 2500 people are earning approximately 2000kk gold each day + 300k combat marks, probably more. Thats enough to gather resources needed for 3000 Victories + Long cannons, and enough marks for 2000 Wasa, while actually less than 100 ships (boarded ships dont count) need to be replaced.

@rediii Do you know what your ports are making money with? Is it actual economy, or people buying/selling upgrades/books expensive, buying from european traders , or setting large mark contracts? When i look at philipsburg, economy is as dead as in gustavia. No ship market, no material market, just a few resource contracts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

That's 10m-15m gold transactions each day.

Not much when 5th rates were selling for 1,5kk and a cannon set for about 200k. And thats what you would have to charge to make profit as a shipbuilder. But people are neither buying ships, nor selling mats.