Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

5 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

the really funny part that is not listed in the patch notes at all is that we can now roughly harvest only 1/3 of resources from buildings. Quite a huge cut..

there are 10 mln iron ore loads, 6 mln iron ingots loads, and 4 mln iron fittings loads in the system right now (in stores or in player holdings). Some resources were cut as they were oversupplied

1 minute ago, admin said:

Unlike reality (iron deposit is finite) the supply is unlimited as 10000 players can build a mine in the city, and mine normally.

The daily production is reduced but it is in fact unlimited because of european traders that were brought back. Place a contract for coal in a coal producing city and if the price is right the resource will be brought to you.

There is no inflation on production costs as a result. 

Well, if you put it like that the resources was infinite before already. Just a higher daily yield.

19 minutes ago, Rigge1988 said:

You decreased daily production and storage thereof.

For folks that want to stay in the safe zones of the capital.  Maybe capture a port and set up your buildings and pump up production and lower labor hours and you won't have a problem.  That is what we are doing .  You need a reason to capture ports and one of them is that along with certain resources.  If you keep it AI owned you keep the reduced production rate.  I'm prob out producing any one on coal for cheaper right now cause we took a port and pump it up to 20% while most guys are still using the one in the safe zone.  

As for Econ is dead, I'm making a killing off cannons once again cause folks are active.  I even have the lowest prices in Mort for the 6/9 lbrs and they sale like hotcakes.  With new econ though I'm prob going to jack up my prices cause every one has money now.  So don't tell me you can't make money, just like the guys bitching they can't make money about trading.  No you have to pick your trade goods better and don't get the easy instant big pay outs like before.  They want it easy and not have to work to make money. I made an easy couple 100K the other day just from goods I picked up on the way back with an empty load from dropping off some goods (coal).  Though I'll be honest the real money maker is grinding AI now.  This will put the guys that actually like to kil thins more equal on money with the guys that just run around doing trade goods all the time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

For folks that want to stay in the safe zones of the capital.  Maybe capture a port and set up your buildings and pump up production and lower labor hours and you won't have a problem.  That is what we are doing .  You need a reason to capture ports and one of them is that along with certain resources.  If you keep it AI owned you keep the reduced production rate.  I'm prob out producing any one on coal for cheaper right now cause we took a port and pump it up to 20% while most guys are still using the one in the safe zone.  

As for Econ is dead, I'm making a killing off cannons once again cause folks are active.  I even have the lowest prices in Mort for the 6/9 lbrs and they sale like hotcakes.  With new econ though I'm prob going to jack up my prices cause every one has money now.  So don't tell me you can't make money, just like the guys bitching they can't make money about trading.  No you have to pick your trade goods better and don't get the easy instant big pay outs like before.  They want it easy and not have to work to make money. I made an easy couple 100K the other day just from goods I picked up on the way back with an empty load from dropping off some goods (coal).  Though I'll be honest the real money maker is grinding AI now.  This will put the guys that actually like to kil thins more equal on money with the guys that just run around doing trade goods all the time.

So you're saying that ports that are owned by clans will have a higher yield for daily production? If that's true it's good.

Now I just wonder where I claimed economy dead, or where I said I didn't make any money. Stop projecting and keep it to the discussion without finding excuses to call people out as idiots.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

Pfoblem isnt that you dont have money or cant sell stuff

Problem is that you cant buy stuff from money because there is no reason to sell stuff right now. Contracts got way less but maybe it gets ok again soon when people bought up ressources in ports and realize that we have to produce again ... I will do some marketing in the nation for it though.

But I didnt know that yoh can buy ressources with contracts now

One of the biggest issue if folks don't put up contracts or try to fill them. I use to put them up all the time for a decent profit for who ever brought them, but folks won't don it.  Than they sale to the AI and make a little profit.  Or they want way to much of a profit and put up there own contract that I will not buy resources for more than 100% profit.  For me 50% profit for raw goods unless it's something rare or harder to get I will not pay more than that.  We have a lot of greedy players that have no clue how economics work.  It's very easy to see when some one ask me to build a ship. I give the the price of the ship using cost and price of the market permits (cause of CM cost) and than give them the total price of the ship with a slight mark up for my time and labor.  They go nuts saying it's to expensive.  Well it cost me to make this ship and I'm giving you a good deal cause i did every thing myself instead of buying from others.  When if you put in those cost it would be another 50-100K more.  Than again CM's/permits where getting a  bit silly pre-patch on cost in shop.  They don't understand if you want a permit ship you bring me the permit or your paying the market price for the CM's it takes to get that permit (even though I get the permits with CM's I grind out not buy).

So honestly the biggest issue is that 90% of the players have no clue what the cost of things is or how economics even works.

9 minutes ago, Rigge1988 said:

So you're saying that ports that are owned by clans will have a higher yield for daily production? If that's true it's good.

Now I just wonder where I claimed economy dead, or where I said I didn't make any money. Stop projecting and keep it to the discussion without finding excuses to call people out as idiots.

Thank you.

Yah I can increase my production by 10/20% at the cost of 10/20% to port upkeep.  I can decrease the labor cost by 10/20% at the cost of the same. So if you have a max out port it cost you 140K to upkeep.  Not bad as I pay that with one mission.   Tax can only be adjusted from 0-10%.  By what I'm seeing on Global is that the tax can pay any where to 25-100%+ of your upkeep depending how many folks use that port.  

The second part was about the general discussion that was going on about the econ.  It had nothing to do with you.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

1 hour ago, jodgi said:
1 hour ago, Skully said:

Opportunity cost is on the rise. ;)

What does that mean?

To obtain a certain commodity, in the current circumstances, you have two choices:

• Wait until something comes available at fair price
  • Buy at high price

Since option #1 isn't really viable, you can only choose #2.

Opportunity cost = high price - fair price.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

With prices on the rise, it is a fast upward spiral.

But there is an end to it. At some point we have to accept a price to be fair and then the opportunity cost has become 0 (at the high price level).

PS. I'm selling Hull Repairs in Christeansted (G) for as little as 4000 / p. ^_^ GONE :D

Edited by Skully
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, CaptVonGunn said:
1 hour ago, admin said:

The daily production is reduced but it is in fact unlimited because of european traders that were brought back. Place a contract for coal in a coal producing city and if the price is right the resource will be brought to you.

Wait WHAT!????

Oh shoot, fair price is established. :D I need to run and redo my calculation sheets.

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

If someone is wondering how Town Management looks like:

uG3WhZ.jpg

Question - why "Last cost" is 221k and not 100k?

You know you can scroll over the map and it tells you the tax info so it's not hard to figure out what port makes that much money.  Dang that is a good chunk of money too...lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

there are 10 mln iron ore loads, 6 mln iron ingots loads, and 4 mln iron fittings loads in the system right now (in stores or in player holdings). Some resources were cut as they were oversupplied

So, why not take that data and show it to player. Where? How much? For how long? Knowing this player will move and clean up these piles much faster thus increasing global econ. Right now we are blind folded and these useless material numbers will only increase. I see an easy fix here, but do you?

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, George Washington said:

So, why not take that data and show it to player. Where? How much? For how long? Knowing this player will move and clean up these piles much faster thus increasing global econ. Right now we are blind folded and these useless material numbers will only increase. 

One of the biggest problems is players try for the easy money and sale to the AI and not put up contracts in ports that need them (like capitals).  why haul it to a capital when you can make just as much profit saleing it to a free town?   We really need a way to see all the shops in a region or nation to know who is trying to buy stuff or sale them.  A trader tool overhaul would help with this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, admin said:

Everybody wants realistic economy and zero sum balanced rewards, but nobody plays those games. 
Realistic economy means 1% are rich, everyone else has a job. We found that most players don't  want a job in a game, they just want progress at their own pace and it means money should not be a problem for everyone. 

You are wrong here, first introduce open market similar to potbs and then see what happens. Realistic Economy in game is to be able to see what Countries sell and what is missing in ports, I would gladly sail long distances and become a true trader then. No one likes to invest time into a blind game you have to understand this. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

Something that needs fixed is when placing a contract you should drop the minimum to 1 not 10 as well as when crafting . I should be able the place a contract for 1 Tera -cata to fill a delivery order. No have to buy 10 minimum which requires a shit load a money . and also when crafting eating all your labor hours up and warehouse space whitch brings me to we need to have more available warehouse house space and dock space and cheaper expansion prices on it . please

Edited by Captain corn blower

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah I can increase my production by 10/20% at the cost of 10/20% to port upkeep.  I can decrease the labor cost by 10/20% at the cost of the same. So if you have a max out port it cost you 140K to upkeep.  Not bad as I pay that with one mission.   Tax can only be adjusted from 0-10%.  By what I'm seeing on Global is that the tax can pay any where to 25-100%+ of your upkeep depending how many folks use that port.  

The second part was about the general discussion that was going on about the econ.  It had nothing to do with you.

we think the bonuses could be increased

btw i think the resources bonus only affect trading resources brought to town (not production in buildings). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, admin said:

btw i think the resources bonus only affect trading resources brought to town (not production in buildings)

I would like to see increased bonuses! as well as different bonuses if that's possible :)

I was under the assumption that the increase in resources was for production buildings too...hmmm - I'll check this, but I feel that it should also affect production buildings if it doesn't.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, admin said:

btw i think the resources bonus only affect trading resources brought to town (not production in buildings). 

Yah I haven't got back to port to test this out.  Was wondering about that too.   Though it says production.   Either way the labor hour discount is nice.  I would love to see maybe tax's bump up to 20% max maybe.  We will get some testing on it and see how things go.  By looks of it that most folks can get more than enough money to pay the upkeep in a few ports while making up for what your not making in others.