Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

2 hours ago, admin said:

The prices of long guns (or crafted uncapturable ships) will go up until it becomes profitable to make them. Which to my opinion is as player driven as it can be.

Yah I need to adjust my price with the fact now folks make more money. I been giving great deals to our nation for the common longs but still making a great profit.  Time to up the price.

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

Charcoal, gunpowder, muskets, war supplies. For some reason trader tool is still listing all "fine woods" probably as place holders. I hope this never gets back to the game, admin should burn it to the ground, delete all of the traces of it from past.

I figured I'll wait to see how much they change and than run a ship full of those goods to a free town and dump them.  Was trying to see if Charcoal is used for anything else and not finding it.

1 hour ago, Quineloe said:

I'm not making cannons because which size is it you want? 4 6 9 12 18 24 32 - that's  seven different cannons. Add carronades you get another 4 relevant sizes,

That is 11 different products. Putting a working number of all of them into the store would require more labor hours than I have available. I pay a lot of taxes to do that and then half of the contracts just expire for nothing. Nope, not gonna work it like that.

4 6 and 9's longs are the best profits cause every one needs those.   I wouldn't touch any others  unless it's buy to order. I leave the Carros for some one else, but I got through stacks of 160 of the 6 & 9's daily easily.  Great profit for some one of lower level to get into it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shaeberle84 said:

I cannot make more cannons if nobody is selling iron and coal and my labour hours are all used.

Congratulations, you have created a player-driven economy that does not generate enough supply of the simplest goods.

If it were not from mission drops of cannons, we would all play a naval action game not being able to shoot each other.

Place buy contracts. Don't know your server, but 3x per day I check Mort's market and buy all oak/iron etc available at a halfway reasonable price. Undoubtedly other people are using the flux in market to stockpile which is probably why you're having trouble finding things for sale- they've been bought already

39 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

No, I don't spam nation chat, it's a low-level strategy of advertising. I talk to leaders, diplomats, influential players. You need to convince them to your ideas and plans :) Also port battles and hostility generates natural demand for certain goods. 

We're talking about two different things here.

45 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Bots have started to fire chain... At least two mercs in a captain mission fired chain at my ventre.

AI is always chaining when player is sitting on a merchantman.

28 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Seems the option to increase resource production for clan owned ports does NOT increase building production which is a bummer in my opinion. Will it in the future?

Although for ports with special resources or rare woods, it is a good boost!

Yah it's only trade goods and woods that the port produces as I tested it out all ready. Good for a port that would be a good trade hud between nations.

Just now, Sir R. Calder of Southwick said:

Not necessarily. In dozens of captured enemies (NPCs at least) I have yet to ever find long guns. They are only armed with mediums.

are you talking about looting sunken ships or are you talking about boarding and capturing ships and keeping them?

5 hours ago, admin said:

The prices of long guns (or crafted uncapturable ships) will go up until it becomes profitable to make them. Which to my opinion is as player driven as it can be.

And this is the answer to the Captain who posted that we should be allowed more production buildings. No. If the rich can just expand production infinitely, there won't be a market.

1 hour ago, jodgi said:

is not reliable, or so we've been told.

shot log and sound log is getting disabled next week

1 hour ago, Sir R. Calder of Southwick said:

Not necessarily. In dozens of captured enemies (NPCs at least) I have yet to ever find long guns. They are only armed with mediums.

ah

npc carry medium (i meant pvp of course). you can steal best ships in pvp (with rare upgrades)

2 minutes ago, admin said:

shot log and sound log is getting disabled next week

didn't know we had a sound log, but please don't disable the shot log.  It's one of the ways we can tell whens some one friendly fires on you and have proof.  That and it's kinda nice to know if your actually pen/hitting something or just blowing through sails.  Though if ya'll plan to update it than just leave it until it is updated.  You have a habit or removing usefully features for doing trouble shooting and than not replacing with something else.

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

didn't know we had a sound log, but please don't disable the shot log.  It's one of the ways we can tell whens some one friendly fires on you and have proof.  That and it's kinda nice to know if your actually pen/hitting something or just blowing through sails.  Though if ya'll plan to update it than just leave it until it is updated.  You have a habit or removing usefully features for doing trouble shooting and than not replacing with something else.

They could add friendly fire info to reward screen. ex -100 bd x 15 hits. World of warships have it. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

1. Produce 300k iron fittings

2. Sell to one port

3. Become the richest and wealthiest player on the server

Since the 11 patch this is not possible, price on full stock is updating live, have you tried it?

9 hours ago, admin said:

You contradict yourself here. 
The fact that there are no long guns in capital ports actually means that economy IS player driven. Lack of long guns means = not enough people making them. Maybe someone will step up and start making them - showing everyone how player driven economy works.

Sure, for 20k per gun... Otherwise it's easier for him to grind PvE missions instead. Since most people will have so much money he won't need more though, no guns will probably be sold soon.

6 minutes ago, vazco said:

Sure, for 20k per gun... Otherwise it's easier for him to grind PvE missions instead. Since most people will have so much money he won't need more though, no guns will probably be sold soon.

Long guns deficit is a made up problem. If players don't want to make long guns - its a player driven economy decision.

7 hours ago, admin said:

Prices for certain goods will go up until it becomes profitable to make them and sell them. 

This would require players to need money. With the current system, you won't be able to buy anything from players,  due to superinflation. Noone wants to sell anything if next day it's worth more. Noone will want money if you can't buy anything with it.

The only trade will be with eurpean traders, or a barter economy. That's a basic economical knowledge... It happened many times in history.

Long guns will be made, however only within clan and distributed without money, or made only by single people for themselves. It's not a money-based economy. If this is how economy would work, you could actually remove money market, as it would be only a complex mechanism without any influence on the game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vazco said:

This would require players to need money. With the current system, you won't be able to buy anything from players,  due to superinflation. Noone wants to sell anything if next day it's worth more. Noone will want money if you can't buy anything with it.

We want to remove money from the equation for certain things/activities completely. Thats what we are testing now. (we tried austerity before)

The theory proposed was that it was cost of the ships and lack of progress on mid levels inability to buy anything is a main limit to pvp

The decision - "hmmm - why don't i go try pvp today" should not have any monetary concerns whatsoever at this stage of testing. And medium guns are totally fine for group pvp. 

So if group pvp increase and low level and mid level retention increase with this money supply - it will be awesome and it will stay.

Important point!!

ps btw the current money supply is LOWER than in 2016. it just feels like that
reward for victory kill was 400k! before now its 175 also there were 5 durabilities before

Its just austerity was so strong that 50% rewards from old pre may 24th levels feel like .. money shower

• Like 3

In this case I would consider removing parts of economy completely, to not to confuse new players.

Any complex system that is not influencing anything is better removed or simplified.

It's sad for me, as I liked trading and crafting for profit, however I get it that not everyone does.