Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

8 minutes ago, JeanJacques de Montpellier said:

Is not possible and maybe easer remove all bonuses? No upgrades only a "ship setting".

Believe it or not. Being able to customize a ship is a big draw to a lot of players. There is a little mystery behind how a ship is built when you have different upgrades. 

4 minutes ago, Flinch said:

Believe it or not. Being able to customize a ship is a big draw to a lot of players. There is a little mystery behind how a ship is built when you have different upgrades. 

You confuse the desire of the bonus with the customization. I also like customization, skins, figureheads, crew. All things that NA hasn't for now.

I repeat not confuse the bonuses (magic things) with the customization.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Flinch said:

So, this:

Siq9RRa.png

and maybe a few small speed upgrades on top isn't customizing enough?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

We have the answer on how to fix this issue but unfortunately it is impossible to implement it in this game (due to how changes are welcomed by the players). New generations of future sailing multiplayer games will not have this problem due to significant changes to combat, implementation of fatigue and morale, deeper sail control and first broadside importance. Balancing the combat not based on ship stats but around the positioning, fatigue control and sail management will provide options for experienced player to win against a superior ship (speedy vs el gamo) or (mercury brig vs 2 line ships)

With the current system the game is balanced around ship stats and players will sail 3-4 ships in the ow ignoring all others. There will always be the best ship for the task and once Xebec is added most solo players will sail the Xebecs, because of its speed profile and large crew. 

Hold on, am I reading this right? Are you saying in other words that the problems in this game cannot be solved? You refer to new generations of future sailing multiplayer games, is this going to be a game you are developing or are others developing such games? 

Why cant it be implemented in this game? Players may welcome it more if it was proposed and discussed a bit first to iron out any obvious flaws people could see and then run on a test bed setup to simulate what you are trying to achieve with a select group of testers before rolling it out to the main server for final testing.

Pre-wipe I played a bit on the test server and in the end a lot of things on there were changed when the game went live after the wipe.

With the speed mod changes crooked hull seems to have lost its place. Its bonus is in line with all the others at 2%speed, but it still boasts a -5% to armor HP. I am not aware of it being any more obtainable or bargain priced compared to other speed mods. I would suggest its speed bonus be buffed to either 2.5 or 3%.

43 minutes ago, JeanJacques de Montpellier said:

You confuse the desire of the bonus with the customization. I also like customization, skins, figureheads, crew. All things that NA hasn't for now.

I repeat not confuse the bonuses (magic things) with the customization.

Your the only one who made the confusion. I replied to you about bonuses specifically as a form of customizing a ship. Athestetics are not as important as ship builds and theory crafting ships with bonuses. 

If the goal is variety in the ships we sail, we shouldn't have mods at all with the exception of wood build choices. However, I know players like mods. We like shiny stuff and want our ships to be "special". 

There are too many mods now but it would cause such a ruckus removing any from game without a total wipe. So instead, for now, don't make them stackable. Also, require significant labor hours -- or even better a port cool down period -- to install refits, figureheads, or to "teach" our captains and crew that book. 

1 hour ago, jodgi said:

Yup.

What made bellonas and connies reach 15 knots?

Oh, we did that. A lot of it. Then speedmods were introduced...

When wasn't it?

You know the bellona is almost as fast a suprise now, that is the issue. Teak teak bellona still does 13 knots and so does a teak teak surpise.... speed mods having 1% or 10% makes no difference. The end results are simply 13 knots or 15 no matter what. You stack them your still the fastest. All Speed mods need to be removed except for copper like in months before last wipe! Speed mods are not the main issue. Ship speeds in general are unbalanced because the build buffs are op as f***..... 

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:12 AM, Hodo said:

This patch is a no for me.  Because of this I have gone to Life is Feudal MMO Beta, until things change here or this phase of beta is over.   I cant say that the VM idea is a good one, but I am sure if I wait a week it will be scrapped like every idea the devs has had.  Instead of tweaking an idea they tend to overreact and just get rid of it.  They must work on Binary... 01010101001 (off, on, off, on, off...)

Same here.   Patch was too drastic.  I either wipe character and start fresh. get rid of my favorite ships.  or don't play this game til they figure it out.   last one seems fit.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Hold on, am I reading this right? Are you saying in other words that the problems in this game cannot be solved? You refer to new generations of future sailing multiplayer games, is this going to be a game you are developing or are others developing such games? 

Why cant it be implemented in this game? Players may welcome it more if it was proposed and discussed a bit first to iron out any obvious flaws people could see and then run on a test bed setup to simulate what you are trying to achieve with a select group of testers before rolling it out to the main server for final testing.

Pre-wipe I played a bit on the test server and in the end a lot of things on there were changed when the game went live after the wipe.

They can't stay in development forever, though I would like to see the changes in Naval Action, but we can easily predict the reactions we will see.

4 minutes ago, EL LOCO said:

Same here.   Patch was too drastic.  I either wipe character and start fresh. get rid of my favorite ships.  or don't play this game til they figure it out.   last one seems fit.

Now this is a drastic solution.  Why the hell would you wipe experience, skills, ships, resources, money all because they lowered the the effectiveness of speed mods and added negatives, like many of us asked for?  In what world does this make any sense whatsoever?

7 minutes ago, Prater said:

They can't stay in development forever, though I would like to see the changes in Naval Action, but we can easily predict the reactions we will see.

Now this is a drastic solution.  Why the hell would you wipe experience, skills, ships, resources, money all because they lowered the the effectiveness of speed mods and added negatives, like many of us asked for?  In what world does this make any sense whatsoever?

I can't change nations.  1/2 of Spain became Danish.  Spain now is completely boring and will be boring.    Game is now completely a waste of time.   

1 minute ago, Prater said:

So what you are saying is that they should just release this game in a broken state and move on to developing another similar game?

2 minutes ago, EL LOCO said:

I can't change nations.  1/2 of Spain became Danish.  Spain now is completely boring and will be boring.    Game is now completely a waste of time.   

You don't have 3 forged papers to use?

2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

So what you are saying is that they should just release this game in a broken state and move on to developing another similar game?

I don't think the game is broken, and adding the things admin talked about certainly won't make it fixed if you think it is broken.  Those are new complex and advanced features.  Anyway, they said Naval Action would be released early this year and luckily it is still in development.

46 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

You know the bellona is almost as fast a suprise now

I'm less concerned with the one point max speed than the full profile, but they are indeed quite close at 135.

5fdf30269672444ce5dc3aa05dd0c70f.png

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

You know the bellona is almost as fast a suprise now, that is the issue. Teak teak bellona still does 13 knots and so does a teak teak surpise.... 

nope, base speed difference is 1 knot between surprise and bellona + bellona sux at bad wind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jodgi said:

(I noticed you said "testbed" but people will react negatively to good changes since they're invested in the old ways when the corrections finally hits live.)

The problem is they have a testbed and they aren't using it for feed back before they put a patch in.  I'm half wanting to destroy most these mods i have on my ships but I'm half wanting to keep them too cause they might change the patch in a day or two cause of how many folks complain.  I do agree we need to fix the speed meta, but they could of done it in so many ways.  Hell the only reason really I might remove most of the speed mods is cause of all the 10 and 20% crew required to sail ships added to them now.   Did any one notice Crooked was drop in speed, but still take s 5% off your HP.  To me that mod was made right cause you had a penality to your stats if you added it.  Bovinewinds refit should prob had a penality to your sails if you added it.  Copper Plating I think could of stayed.  Than what they could of done for the ship knowledges is have a stack rate degration on more than one speed state so the more you put on the less points you get for each one.  The 20% cap on speed to be honestly is a good number for the cap on mods, but they should remove the speed cap of 15 knts too when they do it.  This will still keep some ships under the 15 knt speeds, but lets other ships reach it or go a bit higher.  Endymion suppose to be the fastest ship in game, but it hits the 15 cap fast and isn't that fast when you compare it to anything else that can hit that speed cap too.  Though it's down side is it's wind directions and crappy turn rate.  

5 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

now compare with connie. it is a joke 

How is it a joke when there are significant differences upwind?  I mean, sure, some players I attack try to escape going at their worst point and my best point, but those aren't experienced players and surely we all know about the sailing profiles and you don't just go 135.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The problem is they have a testbed and they aren't using it for feed back before they put a patch in.

I've heard birds tweeting that testbed will be used again.

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This will still keep some ships under the 15 knt speeds, but lets other ships reach it or go a bit higher.

Letting these ships go past 15 knots is like letting a Spitfire16 punch through mach 1 "for balance reasons" in a flightsim. Most of us are somewhat detached from the history and realism aspect, but it won't do to let them run that fast.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jodgi said:

I've heard birds tweeting that testbed will be used again.

Letting these ships go past 15 knots is like letting a Spitfire16 punch through mach 1 "for balance reasons" in a flightsim. Most of us are somewhat detached from the history and realism aspect, but it won't do to let them run that fast.

But the diffrence is some of these ships could actually hit 15 knts in the perfect wind conditions  so that isn't exactly the correct comparision and again your still limited to the 20% stack not the old 40% so you will see a lot less ships hit that mark.   Though the ones made for that could actually do it and it spreads the purpose of certain ships duties out more.