Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 5 for testbed patch 9.99

admin

33 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Something like this

Lumber Camp - Produce any wood of that port that it produces at the camp depending on labor hours.

Mining Camp - Produce any metal ore at that port that it produces depending on your labor hours.

Farm - Produces any Cotton, Hemp, Sugar, Tobacco (do we still need that?) at a port that produces that them.

Shipyard - We all can figure what these do, but would love to limit them to ships of only that port (shallow water ports only produce shallow ships so can only have a level 1.  Deep water can produce any Frigates and below.  The line ship ports (all capitals should be this) can produce every thing. 

Workshop - Make it for every thing that isn't a raw material you need a workshop in that port to convert it. 

You have 5 slots so you can actually produce more in more ports if you want by having only one building for more than one resource, but remember each resource is limited to your Labor Hours on how much it can be produced.  Have the buildings take mats to build and upgrade like the workshop and shipyard (though maybe a bit less as that is a lot of mats they took).   Shipyards and work shops can be put in any port you have an out post in (including freetowns). 

finally come full circle ..from forcing players to sail in ow to this ,,,,,,. if i have all building slots in a port i dont have to sail anywhere at all just sit in port come online for 10 mins everyday swap around production

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

finally come full circle ..from forcing players to sail in ow to this ,,,,,,. if i have all building slots in a port i dont have to sail anywhere at all just sit in port come online for 10 mins everyday swap around production

You still have to sail and have them in the ports that have the resources.  If one port only has Fir, Oak, Mahog, than another Copper and Coal, but a third has Iron and Hemp you have to put the respective buildings in those ports.  Than bring the goods to where your shipyard and workshop is.  So no you can't have all your production in one port.

51 minutes ago, Bach said:

That quick reactionary response with prestaged ships just isn't practical no matter how much they care about a region.  Under the old system we had x10 outposts and each could dock x5 ships. So we could rock x50 ships spread out. Under the new patch you start with only x5 dock slots.  You can reasonably upgrade to 8 slots but after that it's very expensive.  So realistically in the new system players will have X1 Cargo hauler, x1 Line Ship & x1 4th Rate & x1 Shallow boat for PBs and x1 5th Rate for OW PvP. That's x5 ships right there. In there best case scenario they won't be able to pre-stock more than two outposts with ships.  Response times to port flip are now in hour and days. No more teleporting around to defend much beyond the capital and one war front.  

So under the Flag system, once we know where the enemy ships are at a small group of 2-3 players could buy a flag and pretty much flip any other lower priority ports undefended.  There just isn't anyway to respond other than dividing your team out amoung all your ports.  This then allows the aggressive enemy the option of overwhelming one area. Flags will just give way to much advantage to the attackers and generate a lot if empty port battles or conquest farms.

As long as I remember since EA started we only had 8 out post never been more than that and you where only able to have 5 buildings.   

Lets not forget we can't leave our fleet ships in our fleet in that port. You have to take them out even though your not in those ships and put it in the docs.  So your fleet ships all ways takes up how many dock spaces you have.  They should go back to the click the box thing if your going to use those ships in those ports or not.

Though i agree on the problems with the flag system, that is why it's best used for raids and creating agro not actually conquest of a region.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

I think you still dont realize that we arent going to have all our outposts filled with PB fleets. Have you seen the requirements for crafting an agamenon or a bellona? How many PB ships do you think a nation with an average playerbase is going to have? Let me answer: if lucky, one at a time.

Yeah, the marks system required for crafting them is ridiculous, and the other problem is the lack of dock space. Even still, on testbed, it wouldn't be a big deal for me to crank out a SOL or two or three each week for myself, its not the materials that limits me, it is the other requirements (conquest marks). But remember, you don't *need* the SOLs or best frigates to fight a PB. That being said, if you engage a SOL fleet with frigates, you should expect to lose. However, keep in mind that if the enemy has stationed his best ships near your waters, it may be wise for you to move your heavy ships there too, or prepare to lose ports...

5 hours ago, Bach said:

Permits only effect ships larger than Tricomelee. The new system has geared to 5th rates being the most efficient and practical OW ships. I have found I can build x2 non-elite 5ths per day. More if I gain access to labor contracts.  Building an elite 5th or 4th per day is also achievable but you will need x15-25 PvP marks.  The days of running around in disposable Line ships are over.

Larger than a Trinc, lol ok everyone one that really pvps will stop playing in 2 weeks once everyone can start building ships above 5th rates.  The return to battle is to much.  You guys test away.  Fine woods sucked for 1 reason main getting back into combat after the lose of a ship with 5 dura or 4s. Not because you had a long way to sail back but because you had to replace the/a ship once lost.  About a week of me getting killed before I Saw the problem (4th rates).  With the 1 Dura as Soon as people can make them after the wipe I figure a week.  Then another week of losing ships this will be be like getting slapped with a Tire iron.  This is just to get to 4th rates.  Yea Just like last summer with Fine woods.  You Fooled me once and I came back many did not.  I see the same problem once everyone get on their feet.  But what do I know   

19 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You still have to sail and have them in the ports that have the resources.  If one port only has Fir, Oak, Mahog, than another Copper and Coal, but a third has Iron and Hemp you have to put the respective buildings in those ports.  Than bring the goods to where your shipyard and workshop is.  So no you can't have all your production in one port.

As long as I remember since EA started we only had 8 out post never been more than that and you where only able to have 5 buildings.   

Lets not forget we can't leave our fleet ships in our fleet in that port. You have to take them out even though your not in those ships and put it in the docs.  So your fleet ships all ways takes up how many dock spaces you have.  They should go back to the click the box thing if your going to use those ships in those ports or not.

Though i agree on the problems with the flag system, that is why it's best used for raids and creating agro not actually conquest of a region.

I like your suggestion on the raids.  There is definetly a place in the game for "Flag pull" style quick attacks. Just probably not in something as permanent as a port conquest.  They way the new rare woods aquisition is looking we just might need to be able to raid warehouses to get any. ?

57 minutes ago, Bach said:

That quick reactionary response with prestaged ships just isn't practical no matter how much they care about a region.  Under the old system we had x10 outposts and each could dock x5 ships. So we could rock x50 ships spread out. Under the new patch you start with only x5 dock slots.  You can reasonably upgrade to 8 slots but after that it's very expensive.  So realistically in the new system players will have X1 Cargo hauler, x1 Line Ship & x1 4th Rate & x1 Shallow boat for PBs and x1 5th Rate for OW PvP. That's x5 ships right there. In there best case scenario they won't be able to pre-stock more than two outposts with ships.  Response times to port flip are now in hour and days. No more teleporting around to defend much beyond the capital and one war front.  

So under the Flag system, once we know where the enemy ships are at a small group of 2-3 players could buy a flag and pretty much flip any other lower priority ports undefended.  There just isn't anyway to respond other than dividing your team out amoung all your ports.  This then allows the aggressive enemy the option of overwhelming one area. Flags will just give way to much advantage to the attackers and generate a lot if empty port battles or conquest farms.

Yeah, they need to reduce the cost of docks expansion and the marks requirement to build bigger ships. That would ease a lot of concerns and make PvP more prevalent, as it is...I am thinking Fine Woods 2.0 is getting nearer and nearer.

As to being spread out...that is the point of the conquest system: the nation that spreads out and does not have the means to defend its territories should lose those territories to the first enterprising group bold enough to buy the flag. And remember, if you have an OP in the region, you can always TP there and buy a cheap frigate off the market and hope your team can pull enough numbers to hold the circles and win if the attacking force is only 2-3. If it is more than you can handle, then at least you now know where the enemy is most likely to strike next. Nations should not have days to prepare for a PB and make sure the best fighters are stationed there. If you don't have an outpost with a half-decent fighting ship nearby, then maybe the region was not important to you to begin with.

As to advantage to the attackers...why shouldn't they have some advantage? Defenders have towers, forts, they start off holding a circle, and they don't even have to engage the enemy if they can hold circles: all they have to do is wait for points to accumulate. Seems pretty well stacked on the defender's side.

Empty port battles are not fun, this is true, but if the port is worth having, then the PB should not be empty unless the enemy doesn't care for some reason. Conquest farming...If two nations agree to swap a port back and forth so they get conquest marks, then that is entirely up to them, think of it as a verbal alliance, if you don't like it, get a group up and go sink them before the PB! Or hit them on their way sailing back from the PB and steal their goodies too :ph34r: (assuming that you still get other loot from the PB besides just conquest marks).

But I'm pretty sure all these points have been made before regarding the flag system vs current system, so I'll get back on topic:  TL;DR: make ship slot expansion cheaper and reduce the conquest mark requirements to build the SOLs and heavy frigates.

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

With the flag system you will realize of this reality after losing several regions. Im quite sure you remember the old days of 12 flags every day. 

Now we have regions which had 4-7 ports each. The loose of a region is something far more important than before.

After the enemy takes easily 2-3 regions, lets see how you recover your losses considering that the enemy have several conquests marks that allow them to rebuild their fleet.

Lets these blitzkrieg tactics for other time periods.

Aye, you have a point, that is why I asked if the new system would be with individual ports or regions. Also, they could limit flags by making them cost a considerable amount of gold, and limit them to 2 being planted per nation in a 24 hour timeframe, but you can buy as many as you can afford (to avoid alts buying 2 flags every day and letting them expire).

Not disagreeing, the flag system needs tweaking, but the hostility grind is absolutely boring, and it needs major re-adjusting or removal. But the main point I was trying to get across is this: if an enemy does not show to a PB, he denies the attackers any conquest marks, since there was no damage done in the PB. It doesn't matter how the PB is created, the rewards need to adjusted somehow to reward those who fought, but also make it so it is more advantageous to the defenders to show up and lose the PB (giving the attackers a chance to sink them) than it is for them to not show up, lose the PB, and prevent the attackers from getting any conquest marks.

3 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Larger than a Trinc, lol ok everyone one that really pvps will stop playing in 2 weeks once everyone can start building ships above 5th rates.  The return to battle is to much.  You guys test away.  Fine woods sucked for 1 reason main getting back into combat after the lose of a ship with 5 dura or 4s. Not because you had a long way to sail back but because you had to replace the/a ship once lost.  About a week of me getting killed before I Saw the problem (4th rates).  With the 1 Dura as Soon as people can make them after the wipe I figure a week.  Then another week of losing ships this will be be like getting slapped with a Tire iron.  This is just to get to 4th rates.  Yea Just like last summer with Fine woods.  You Fooled me once and I came back many did not.  I see the same problem once everyone get on their feet.  But what do I know   

I'm still not really seeing the problem.

Last year we sailed regularly off KPR in Suprise and Reno. Tons of players hunted in frigates. To sail to KPR from La Navasse or Cayman Brac was 15-20 min.  We sailed in a small group.  IF one of our x5 Dura Suprises sunk the captain appeared in la nabasse or Brac.  Sometimes they came back but most often they just called it a night as we had likely been playing for over an hour by that point.

In the new patch, that entire scenario described above would still happen the exact same way and any player that lost two ships definetly quit for the night.  It's not like anyone actually burns through x5 dura a night and keeps coming back. If they do they aren't a pvper they are a target.

Now let's consider other play styles:

4th rate PBs. Last year was 1-3 maybe per week. Under the new patch 1-3/wk? Still workable but slightly more challenging.

Line Ship PB. Maybe X1 every other week. Under the new patch. Workable but not in 1st/2nd rates.

Epic fleet grinding was done in 1st and 2nd rates last year. Under new patch no change unless you actually get sunk by NPCs 

Trade harvesting last year was done in LGV or Frigs. Under new patch no change.

Hauling last year was in super fast LGVs. Under new patch still possible with partial load but not fully loaded. However you can now sail x4 haulers at a time and still make the same load fast. Or have the option to slow Down and carry more than ever.

Sailing to OS in 1st & 2nd rate Line Ship revenge fleet was easy last year. Under new patch this will be risky as hell.

3 minutes ago, Bach said:

I'm still not really seeing the problem.

Last year we sailed regularly off KPR in Suprise and Reno. Tons of players hunted in frigates. To sail to KPR from La Navasse or Cayman Brac was 15-20 min.  We sailed in a small group.  IF one of our x5 Dura Suprises sunk the captain appeared in la nabasse or Brac.  Sometimes they came back but most often they just called it a night as we had likely been playing for over an hour by that point.

In the new patch, that entire scenario described above would still happen the exact same way and any player that lost two ships definetly quit for the night.  It's not like anyone actually burns through x5 dura a night and keeps coming back. If they do they aren't a pvper they are a target.

Now let's consider other play styles:

4th rate PBs. Last year was 1-3 maybe per week. Under the new patch 1-3/wk? Still workable but slightly more challenging.

Line Ship PB. Maybe X1 every other week. Under the new patch. Workable but not in 1st/2nd rates.

Epic fleet grinding was done in 1st and 2nd rates last year. Under new patch no change unless you actually get sunk by NPCs 

Trade harvesting last year was done in LGV or Frigs. Under new patch no change.

Hauling last year was in super fast LGVs. Under new patch still possible with partial load but not fully loaded. However you can now sail x4 haulers at a time and still make the same load fast. Or have the option to slow Down and carry more than ever.

Sailing to OS in 1st & 2nd rate Line Ship revenge fleet was easy last year. Under new patch this will be risky as hell.

I called Fine wood as a problem the Day it it live server.  Hey maybe I am wrong it happens.  Its not on live server yet

How are we supposed to farm NPC traders or is that being done away with because it is a PvP server?

With the current system on the testbed you cannot capture a NPC, so you board it or sink it and take the cargo, but as you are most probably in a warship to do this you have only a small hold which is probably almost filled with repair gear and you end up having to leave some cargo behind.

I thought with the new system of fleets you could transfer items between ships in your own fleet, but since the end of battle screen is now gone how do you do this. I thought if I took a trader with me in fleet I could transfer the gear from the captured ship to my fleet trader, but when I boarded the NPC and get to the transfer cargo screen there is no access to my fleet trader hold to put gear in.

I know the current NPC traders do not have a lot of loot, but still it is at least something. I missed out on a historical artifact in loot because I did not have enough hold space.

3 hours ago, Jarlath Morrow said:

It costs 250k to expand to have 8 ships, right? 8 dura of ships for fighting, crafting, and trading isn't a whole lot. In the old system (assuming you owned 4th and 5th rates), we used to have dozens of dura in our outposts - way too much in my opinion.

But 5 or 8 ships is feeling a little bit too restricted. And like Texas and others keep pointing out, we are the ones who have a good idea of how to make money - a new player who freshly installs the game will find these hurdles much bigger.

Do people really have a dozen plus ships sitting around?  Three ships seems enough for anyone.  :blink:

20 minutes ago, rownd said:

Do people really have a dozen plus ships sitting around?  Three ships seems enough for anyone.  :blink:

I have over 60 on the main server between my main character and my alt. I'm always running out of room or trading ships back and forth.

I can't think of a way to enjoyably play all aspects of the game without at least: 1x first rate, 1x 3rd rate, 2x4th rates, 4x5th rates, 2x6th rate, 1x7th rate as well as 2-4 trade ships of varying classes. That is 13 ships minimum, not to mention the fact that all ships are 1 dura, so it makes sense to have a couple of similar builds of ships and spread them about. In addition to this, many of us like to have a couple different builds of the same class: some are speed builds, some are tanky builds, some are for general PvP, etc.

Besides all this, now without ability to instantly move ships about, it will be important to keep a mix of battle-ready ships at every outpost so you are always able to go and PvP. 

So I think that EVERY player, regardless of rank or wealth, should get at least 40 ship slots (like you do on main server, if you buy all 8 OPs). I do like that we can now have many ships at one port, instead of just 5+the one we are on.

24 minutes ago, Willis PVP2 said:

I have over 60 on the main server between my main character and my alt. I'm always running out of room or trading ships back and forth.

I can't think of a way to enjoyably play all aspects of the game without at least: 1x first rate, 1x 3rd rate, 2x4th rates, 4x5th rates, 2x6th rate, 1x7th rate as well as 2-4 trade ships of varying classes. That is 13 ships minimum, not to mention the fact that all ships are 1 dura, so it makes sense to have a couple of similar builds of ships and spread them about. In addition to this, many of us like to have a couple different builds of the same class: some are speed builds, some are tanky builds, some are for general PvP, etc.

Besides all this, now without ability to instantly move ships about, it will be important to keep a mix of battle-ready ships at every outpost so you are always able to go and PvP. 

So I think that EVERY player, regardless of rank or wealth, should get at least 40 ship slots (like you do on main server, if you buy all 8 OPs). I do like that we can now have many ships at one port, instead of just 5+the one we are on.

So many people scream Alt abuse when it not true. That being said A true FACT. I will have a outpost with my alts at major hubs just so I can store boats for my main.  The limited Space and the Way out of Wack dock space prices.  With 1 alt I can get sunk like 8 or 9 times with out even thinking about it. Main 5 spot alt 5 spots. Advantage People with ALTS... This is truly the 1st time I have Seen technical advantage for having alts used in a way that will directly impacts PVP for an ongoing battle. Its not who can win the battle its the war. All others Alt abuse screamers in my eyes, are just people that just like to bitch and or broke. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JobaSet said:

I called Fine wood as a problem the Day it it live server.  Hey maybe I am wrong it happens.  Its not on live server yet

I'm definetly not contesting your point of view on fine woods.  That was not what I would have called a game enhancement.  I also have reservations on the new wood system but otherwise I think this patch is pretty good and challenging.

Just now, Bach said:

I'm definetly not contesting your point of view on fine woods.  That was not what I would have called a game enhancement.  I also have reservations on the new wood system but otherwise I think this patch is pretty good and challenging.

A challenge is getting to a goal or the end of something.  Not doing it over and over and over and over.

2 hours ago, Archaos said:

How are we supposed to farm NPC traders or is that being done away with because it is a PvP server?

With the current system on the testbed you cannot capture a NPC, so you board it or sink it and take the cargo, but as you are most probably in a warship to do this you have only a small hold which is probably almost filled with repair gear and you end up having to leave some cargo behind.

I thought with the new system of fleets you could transfer items between ships in your own fleet, but since the end of battle screen is now gone how do you do this. I thought if I took a trader with me in fleet I could transfer the gear from the captured ship to my fleet trader, but when I boarded the NPC and get to the transfer cargo screen there is no access to my fleet trader hold to put gear in.

I know the current NPC traders do not have a lot of loot, but still it is at least something. I missed out on a historical artifact in loot because I did not have enough hold space.

You can still hunt npc traders for cargo and xp.  After you win the boarding press (x) to bring up the cargo menu. Take the cargo and any skill books/mods into your cargo.  Then clink sink ship at the top then click confirm. You get the cargo, xp and money.  You just don't sail away with a useless trader hulk you break up later for next to nothing.

On one hand i'd say that this all sounds good.

On the other however, i'm really starting to have my doubts that the wipe will motivate people to PvP. The whole "You lost a ship, now you gotta spend 20 hours of trading/crafting to get a new one!" seems counterproductive to me. 

Like Joba and other have said, this could easily turn into another PvP killer just like Fine Wood.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

On the other however, i'm really starting to have my doubts that the wipe will motivate people to PvP. The whole "You lost a ship, now you gotta spend 20 hours of trading/crafting to get a new one!" seems counterproductive to me. 

20 hours or maybe much more if it is anything above connies.  Who will risk anything more than a store bought ship in pvp if they require marks or precious woods to craft.  PVE will be the logical and safe choice.  But that is my opinion.

My comments on test server, patches and new features.  Delete the post if you wish.

Tried out the test server. Ground up and opened 4 slots on each ship up to aggie.  Opened up 1 slot on santi, 9kp xp and 2nd slot is 40k.  No half decent fleets to open up that 2nd slot and got bored killing mini fleets for 1k xp.  I am guessing that 5th slot will be like 200k xp and that is not counting all the slots of ships below that will need to be opened.  That is like grinding 10 times to reach rear-admiral level.   Also, the difference between a connie with 4 slots opened and 2 slots is huge.  A 4 slot opened connie will win over a 2 slot in a pvp fight.  Thus, no incentive to go pvp with a 2 slot.  I will lose my ship and get nothing.  Only solution, more pve and grinding. 

As for trading and crafting.  I now I have tons of resources and mats, but cannot craft anything with them.  If on pvp2 I could craft a few 1st rates.  I do not have the marks and do not wish to grind to get 8000 or more pve marks to convert to pvp marks and then conquest marks (and realize that this only works on test server).  Also, for the ships that I can craft, why craft when you can buy the same ship at a fraction of the price in the store.  Did some trading, watched my ship sail for 30 minutes only to find that the port was overcapacity.  This is on test server, what will it be on live server.   What will I do once most ports are at overcapacity. Watch my ship sail for 2 hours to no avail.  At present, this game feels like a job and forces you do to boring tasks over and over again.  What is the point, the challenge or the objective btw?

Used to have many clanmates that played the game and it was fun.  Now we have 1-2 that play.  Forget having a pb without clanmates and without a huge number of pb, then no bps for 1st rates.   

It is the devs game and they are free to do as they please but so am I.  Going back to pvp2 to enjoy it while it lasts.  Thank you to the devs for their efforts.

Edited by TheLoneWolf
  • Like 2

In my opinion, delivery missions are not profitable.

I opened the most profitable mission in Mortimer Town. Deliver 21 Gold Coast Ivory to Kingston / Port Royal.

According of Trader Tools Gold Coast Ivory is available only in Willemstad.

Pirate must first enter to the Dutch capital, buy items, and then delivery all this to the British capital. And he get only about 200k additional  revenue, 50 xp and craft xp.

=== rus ===

По моему мнению, миссии по доставки не выгодны. Я открыл самую прибыльную миссию в Mortimer Town. Доставить 21 Gold Coast Ivory в Kingston / Port Royal. По данным Trader Tools Gold Coast Ivory доступна только в Willemstad. Получается, что пират должен сначала попасть в голландскую столицу, каким-то образом вывезти купленное от туда, а затем еще доставить все это в британскую столицу. И все ради дополнительных 200к дохода, 50 xp и 50 craft xp.

Edited by qw569
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, qw569 said:

In my opinion, delivery missions are not profitable.

I opened the most profitable mission in Mortimer Town. Deliver 21 Gold Coast Ivory to Kingston / Port Royal.

According of Trader Tools Gold Coast Ivory is available only in Willemstad.

Pirate must first enter to the Dutch capital, buy items, and then delivery all this to the British capital. And he get only about 200k additional  revenue, 50 xp and craft xp.

We have nerfed the trading missions to reduce its monetary inflow into the economy. Several other inflows (ship capture) were removed as well. But they will be adjusted and tuned weekly after the wipe patch is installed on live during the work on the interface. By the release time we will have to have fully tuned money income sources and money sinks. 

Currently - most profitable activity should be supplying the shipbuilders. 

• Like 1

Totally agree with @qw569 the trading mission rewards are too small.Everything got so time consuming. And because of this forced sailing arround there is the risk of loosing your cargo every single time. My suggestion is this: If a nation is efficient at this missions they should have the benefit of bigger and better ships at the nations shipyards.

1 minute ago, admin said:

We have nerfed the trading missions to reduce its monetary inflow into the economy. Several other inflows (ship capture) were removed as well. But they will be adjusted and tuned weekly after the wipe patch is installed on live during the work on the interface. By the release time we will have to have fully tuned money income sources and money sinks. 

Could you give me some example  profitable support shipbuilder on the testbed?

=== rus ===

А можно пример в цифрах поддержки судостроителя?

И сколько я получу денег, если я полностью загружу трейдер сноу необходимым товаром?

4 minutes ago, qw569 said:

Could you give me some example  profitable support shipbuilder on the testbed?

=== rus ===

А можно пример в цифрах поддержки судостроителя?

И сколько я получу денег, если я полностью загружу трейдер сноу необходимым товаром?

ну на лайве я точно знаю что на лафеты всегда был спрос позволяющий зарабатывать миллионы

15 minutes ago, admin said:

How is this so.  I have plenty of resources and plenty of mats to build any ship, including 1st rates.  I do not have the conquest marks for the bps, the fine wood planks or the conquest marks for the permits.  Why would I buy mats or resources to build ships if I do not have conquest marks or fine wood planks?  Also, for any ship connie and below, the npc store can do it cheaper than me.