Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 3 for testbed patch 9.99

admin

There should not be no rewards at all for capturing a ship, especially in pvp.  Prize ships were a big source of income historically from what I understand, and certainly, there is experience to be gained when capturing a ship.  I like the direction these patches are going a lot, but there are some tweeks needed in these issues I think.

• Like 3

The funnest part about this whole subject is a Warship or Trader weight was the same no matter how much cargo it had or didn't have.  They added Rocks for ballast or removed as needed to keep ship at top speed. Empty or full didn't matter.  So if  don't know what the lines on a ships hull then or now,  now you know so the whole subject is worthless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

The funnest part about this whole subject is a Warship or Trader weight was the same no matter how much cargo it had or didn't have.  They added Rocks for ballast or removed as needed to keep ship at top speed. Empty or full didn't matter.  So if  don't know what the lines on a ships hull then or now,  now you know so the whole subject is worthless.

what does that have to do with the game?

Just now, Hodo said:

He is pointing out the stupidity in the recent patch about the trade ship and warship cargo load effecting speed.

The only thing the cargo load should effect is the heel of the ship, and the agility of the ship, not the top speed.

i know but its in the game and its a bit of an issuse

9 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The problem is ships are worth NOTHING right now. 

Are you even on the test server?  Have you even captured a ship and tried to sell it.

A Navy Brig is 24k on the market, sell it and it is worth 1.  

Hmm.. see a problem.

You can sell a ship via a contract!

8 minutes ago, Chustler said:

There should not be no rewards at all for capturing a ship, especially in pvp.  Prize ships were a big source of income historically from what I understand, and certainly, there is experience to be gained when capturing a ship.  I like the direction these patches are going a lot, but there are some tweeks needed in these issues I think.

Did you read what you wrote.  You should get nothing even tho it was historically correct that capturing a Ship was a big source on many

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Chill bro. Missions will get removed except for low level I think. PvE also only gives 1/3 of XP you get from PvP, so boosting with enemy is much faster.

3 kills in 3 hours lol.

You can even kill 10x NPCs in less than a hour.  

Atl abuse is fixed Stop using it as a excuse

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Not to the NPC trader.  

And how often in a game with a population of 90 do you see people capturing other peoples ships when you ONLY get marks for sinking.  

None

Just now, HachiRoku said:

what does that have to do with the game?

Everything with this last patch.  About weight and being slow or fast

3 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Will never be fixed I'm afraid
Some people own several alts, know a few that own 5+, which could all be farmed every hour.
IMO it needs to be made VERY clear to everyone that alt abuse, if caught, has serious consequences.

Edited by Liquicity

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

I don't mean to be rude as others seem to be, but the test server is for all servers. 

If you want PvE content only then there is the PvE server for that. That is your test server and your live server. 

All the changes happening on the test server will also be changes on the PvE server, so if you won't test on the test server then you're missing out on the additional changes until the patch gets placed on the live servers.

We really shouldn't waste time, data, and money on another test server that barely gets used again.

Your so politically correct ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

3 kills in 3 hours lol.

You can even kill 10x NPCs in less than a hour.  

Dont even need an alt, just a friendly clan on the enemy side. You meet up somewhere and start capturing each other until all of you are max level.

Its too much abuse possible with this...

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Its just cargo over speed and traders might suffer less because a surprise with 500 hold looses 2 knots and an lgv with 3000 around 3 

we always said holds are not final. Trader's Snow for example cannot carry more than victory for example and it not going to remain for long.

15 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Dont even need an alt, just a friendly clan on the enemy side. You meet up somewhere and start capturing each other until all of you are max level.

Its too much abuse possible with this...

we dont want to pop any ones bubble but here is the thing

• Admiralty will only reward sank ships with xp and money.
  • If you captured a good ship, sell it to players.
  • If players don't want your captured ship  = it its worth nothing.
  • Admiralty does not need trash that nobody wants. 

Ship capture or surrenders will not reward any monetary value. NPC as well because you can abuse it with fleets. Give your fleet stop command and your alt captures them all gaining both ships and xp. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

R U high?!?  Or just special?  

did you just try to insult me calling me special?? Did not you read the rule 15 or Rule 1 about mutual respect? We have never abused your or trolled you or said anything against you personally ever on this forum.
I give you 10 mins to apologize as I am kind today. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

This is idiotic and narrow minded thinking. 

Not to mention ahistoric.  Do you HONESTLY think that Black Bart didnt get any better after capturing ships, and only learned from sinking them?

Do you think that Sir Francis Drake a RENOWNED Privateer didnt get any better capturing ships?

You should get SOME XP for capture, even if it is a NPC ship.   After all you are having  to deal with the boarding of it, or killing the crew.  Both of which take time and skill.  

Sinking a Trade Brig is not even a challenge and yet I get more XP and money from that than I do from capturing the damned thing.

So either make the goods in the holds of NPC ships worth something OR give half the XP for the ship capture.

I'm pretty sure the issue is that Bartholamew Roberts and Francis Drake's privateering opponents didn't make the exact same moves every single fight.  There by remove all risk and quite frankly any knowledge gains from subsequent mirrored fights.

2 hours ago, Maloco said:

Well, I will not spend more time playing the test server, since it is only for the pvp server.

Pve players should have right to have our own test server

There is rarely more than 36 players on the test server at a time and almost no one is PvP hunting.  Your good to play there now.

2 minutes ago, Bach said:

I'm pretty sure the issue is that Bartholamew Roberts and Francis Drake's privateering opponents didn't make the exact same moves every single fight.  There by remove all risk and quite frankly any knowledge gains from subsequent mirrored fights.

and you just described half the players out there that folks get too.  Not just the AI.  Hell we been in some fights where we prob would of got a better challenged against AI cause the players (not just one, but more than one) was just that bad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, admin said:

we dont want to pop any ones bubble but here is the thing

• Admiralty will only reward sank ships with xp and money.
  • If you captured a good ship, sell it to players.
  • If players don't want = it its worth nothing.
  • Admiralty does not need trash that nobody wants. 

Ship capture or surrenders will not reward any monetary value. NPC as well because you can abuse it with fleets. Give your fleet stop command and your alt captures them all gaining both ships and xp. 

Admiralty is already paying xp and money for nothing (a sunked ship)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, admin said:

surgeon gives them rum so they don't shout much when he cuts their legs.
Q10XdQM.jpg

I think you need to give pvers some rum very fast because this picture illustrates what is happening to them right now regarding the changes and it sounds like it's happening without the rum.

• Like 1

Just now, Kaos said:

I think you need to give pvers some rum very fast because this picture illustrates what is happening to them right now regarding the changes and it sounds like it's happening without the rum.

We gave everyone 1000 rum on testbed just today.

• Like 1