Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2 US] Political Situation's and Port Battles reports

Sir Texas Sir

Just now, ElricTheTwo said:

Port Battles on weekends are the only answer while the server population is split across so many time zones.  The Danes have attended battles during the USA/GB/Dutch 'prime time' when it falls on a weekend.  All it takes is everyone agreeing to weekend only battles.  The Danes did move their early morning PB's from 4am-5am eastern to 7:30am eastern so more could join - but for many, the early morning weekdays is an issue regardless.

GB just scheduled a PB in the middle of the USA workday....  duh... I can't see that being good for too many.

I question if the Danes have jobs to be honest. I don't know how they are able to join in at all times regardless of days, well I do. But.

23 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

I question if the Danes have jobs to be honest. I don't know how they are able to join in at all times regardless of days, well I do. But.

If you spent the time to understand the time zones around the world, you wouldn't need make this statement.

Early morning USA time is the evening to late evening for the Chinese players.  Friday evening in the USA, is Saturday morning in China. If you look at when the Danes show up, it matches this....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

If you spent the time to understand the time zones around the world, you wouldn't need make this statement.

Early morning USA time is the evening to late evening for the Chinese players.  Friday evening in the USA, is Saturday morning in China. If you look at when the Danes show up, it matches this....

Yea, but don't they need sleep and have to get ready for work? Either way annoying, and bs server bias. They should go to the EU server or fight the pirates.

3 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Yea, but don't they need sleep and have to get ready for work? Either way annoying, and bs server bias. They should go to the EU server or fight the pirates.

????  you are showing a remarkable lack of understanding of time zones.  Spend 5 minutes and look at the times in different countries around the world for workday and weekends.  If you actually look at this stuff, you wouldn't make this comment.  If the Danes/Chinese should go to PvP1, then so should all the Aussies - and probably all the New Zealand, Korean, Japanese players as well..  That would leave less than 50% of the PvP2 players left....  not exactly what is needed.

Just because Game-Labs doesn't cater to your exact time zone, you think everyone else should leave....  interesting concept.

• Like 2

I also live in Hong Kong and traded round the worlds time zones and yes its still on confusing....

just a rough guide. The Bold times is the UTC server start....

NYC UTC GMT HKT AUS
19:00 0:00 0:00 8:00 3:00
20:00 1:00 1:00 9:00 4:00
21:00 2:00 2:00 10:00 5:00
22:00 3:00 3:00 11:00 6:00
23:00 4:00 4:00 12:00 7:00
0:00 5:00 5:00 13:00 8:00
1:00 6:00 6:00 14:00 9:00
2:00 7:00 7:00 15:00 10:00

3:00 8:00 8:00 16:00 11:00

4:00 9:00 9:00 17:00 12:00
5:00 10:00 10:00 18:00 13:00
6:00 11:00 11:00 19:00 14:00
7:00 12:00 12:00 20:00 15:00
8:00 13:00 13:00 21:00 16:00
9:00 14:00 14:00 22:00 17:00
10:00 15:00 15:00 23:00 18:00
11:00 16:00 16:00 0:00 19:00
12:00 17:00 17:00 1:00 20:00
13:00 18:00 18:00 2:00 21:00
14:00 19:00 19:00 3:00 22:00
15:00 20:00 20:00 4:00 23:00
16:00 21:00 21:00 5:00 0:00
17:00 22:00 22:00 6:00 1:00
18:00 23:00 23:00 7:00 2:00
19:00 0:00 0:00 8:00

3:00

I'm a purchasing manager and work with suppliers in Australia, Taiwan, Japan, China, Vietnam, UK, Germany, Italy, Argentina, Canada and across the USA.   So I have a decent awareness of what time it is around the world as I have to plan my waking hours around this - I can be on the phone with Australia in my late evening, or on the phone with China early in my morning.. 

It is especially confusing when the northern hemisphere switches to summer time and the southern hemisphere goes the other way.  My supplier in Argentina goes from 1 hour to 2 hour to 3 hour different over a 2 week period - then 6 months later changes back...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Not really enjoying the night battles. Thinking about just letting them at it. Especially since only one swede shows to them. It's stupid that these asians are in a NA server dominating because we can't fight in our prime, we may be starting a boycott on the game. 

You just need to stop crying about the timezones and flip it back at your convenient time.

But then again to do this you will need to stop being a troll and actually start wanting to fight and in your case I belive both are going to be an issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElricTheTwo said:

????  you are showing a remarkable lack of understanding of time zones.  Spend 5 minutes and look at the times in different countries around the world for workday and weekends.  If you actually look at this stuff, you wouldn't make this comment.  If the Danes/Chinese should go to PvP1, then so should all the Aussies - and probably all the New Zealand, Korean, Japanese players as well..  That would leave less than 50% of the PvP2 players left....  not exactly what is needed.

Just because Game-Labs doesn't cater to your exact time zone, you think everyone else should leave....  interesting concept.

Tell me what our server is called.

11 minutes ago, koltes said:

You just need to stop crying about the timezones and flip it back at your convenient time.

But then again to do this you will need to stop being a troll and actually start wanting to fight and in your case I belive both are going to be an issue.

They show up in more numbers even in our time zones that we can,  but we can't fight in our prime because the devs don't allow it. 

20 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

They show up in more numbers even in our time zones that we can,  but we can't fight in our prime because the devs don't allow it. 

Your alliance partners can field PLENTY of players at the majority of times.  Yes, the west coast USA is hurt by the PB cutoff times - but that hits everyone not just the Dutch..France has a number of players who rarely come online now - all because of this.

The bigger issue GB/USA don't want to show up unless they outnumber the Danes/French/Swedes.  The Dutch managed to get 9 or 10 players in the PB this morning - if your allies were worth anything, you would have easily outnumbered us this morning.  Not our problem, it is your problem.  It is not a developer issue, it is a Dutch/GB/USA player issue.  Far too many of the GB/USA players are PvE or gankers ONLY.

How many GB/USA players escape from battles as they are just getting going?  Far too many - often before all the players are in the battle.  On a couple of occasions USA/GB/Dutch players have abandoned when the PB should have been USA/GB/Dutch to win...  sad mentality.  I've said this many times - but far too many PvP2 players don't want to fight an even fight.  I don't care if I'm outnumber 2:1 or 25:1 - I have not escaped a PB before the conclusion in a LONG time.  Damn - I think the last what when I was fighting alongside the Dutch at Zoutman when the Pirates turned my ship into Swiss cheese. 

Edited by ElricTheTwo
  • Like 2

Cap Fran - 16 Pirates vs 3 Brits (there was a few more out side)

This is a prime example how rogue/new players can effect things.  What we heard was some one was grinding and was suppose to stop and they didn't so the port flipped.   No pirate alts where used for this flip,  it was just some newer player it seems (MaccCap I believe flipped it) didn't understand the system.  This was very apparent as they tried to join from the inner circle too.   Y'all need to do some cross training and hate to say it.  Let the new guys into the fights.  Making them stay out side and screen is not helping one bit.  They will never get expierence that way of port battles.   Prime example of this was Little Harbour.  Not one of the guys we saw in the port battles  (well maybe one or two) where guys we ever saw out side fighting for that region.  Sorry if I have the agro and I was US/BRIT/DUTCH I would start saying screw you about who can enter or not first on these smaller 4th rates and below port battles.

And 'll be updating the alliance stuff prob this weekend.  Last Sunday had a good friend get killed on his motorcycle in a wreck and helping the family with issues right now.   I should be at the port battles if I can make it, but won't be in game much other wise. 

37 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

PvP2 players don't want to fight an even fight. 

PvP1 is in the same boat. Majority of open world is ganking. Port Battles on PvP1 are slight different story mainly because of population. 

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Cap Fran - 16 Pirates vs 3 Brits (there was a few more out side)

This is a prime example how rogue/new players can effect things.  What we heard was some one was grinding and was suppose to stop and they didn't so the port flipped.   No pirate alts where used for this flip,  it was just some newer player it seems (MaccCap I believe flipped it) didn't understand the system.  

Yeah that was MaccCap. Was one of my guys left him behind though. It is not that we have not attempted to teach him how to the mechanics work. We have told him and explained multiple times how things work such as tacking and port battles. In fact at Caracas we specifically told MaccCap about the circles for port battles

11 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I should be at the port battles if I can make it, but won't be in game much other wise. 

Sorry to hear your absence is due not to positive events. 

Been drained of the game myself. The hypocracy and imbalance of the population of the server, among other items is driving me to take a break from Naval Action.

46 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Tell me what our server is called.

I'm not going to tag every thing you said in the last day.  You sound very much like the anti US players on the EU server.   The location of the servers if to give players better ping, it is not saying that is the player base location.  Many folks in SEA/AU can't play on the EU server cause the ping is insane.  Have you ever seen the screen shots of the actually Chinese players.  They are playing with pings up around 600 most the time.  So if your getting your arse beat buy a bunch of guys lagging like crazy it tells me your lacking in skills you can't make up vs the numbers difference.  And remember they aren't all SEA players, but they have some players in the US, AUS, and other places but they have a unified clan like the Pirates cause of there language.  

35 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

Your alliance partners can field PLENTY of players at the majority of times.  Yes, the west coast USA is hurt by the PB cutoff times - but that hits everyone not just the Dutch..France has a number of players who rarely come online now - all because of this.

The bigger issue GB/USA don't want to show up unless they outnumber the Danes/French/Swedes.  The Dutch managed to get 9 or 10 players in the PB this morning - if your allies were worth anything, you would have easily outnumbered us this morning.  Not our problem, it is your problem.  It is not a developer issue, it is a Dutch/GB/USA player issue.  Far too many of the GB/USA players are PvE or gankers ONLY.

How many GB/USA players escape from battles as they are just getting going?  Far too many - often before all the players are in the battle.  On a couple of occasions USA/GB/Dutch players have abandoned when the PB should have been USA/GB/Dutch to win...  sad mentality.  I've said this many times - but far too many PvP2 players don't want to fight an even fight.  I don't care if I'm outnumber 2:1 or 25:1 - I have not escaped a PB before the conclusion in a LONG time.  Damn - I think the last what when I was fighting alongside the Dutch at Zoutman when the Pirates turned my ship into Swiss cheese. 

Yah we been noticing less and less alliance members been showing to there battles and I think it's part of the reason the US break it as the Dutch really brings nothing to the table in there alliance and it's only just 1-4 guys that show up on both sides.   You think we would see more Brit players with the Dutch fights.  I actually think the Brit/Dutch alliance is a good thing.  Makes there numbers more equal to the smaller nation alliance.  The problem isn't our alliance the problem is there alliance and there inter clan fighting running off there own players.  If ya'll would stop pointing fingers and doing things to get your numbers up in the US/BRIT/DUTCH nations than ya'll would be very healthy and wouldn't need the alliance.  US and Brits have more players in there own nations than any of the others combined.  They just keep trying to fight with each other clan wise and not letting the little guys say what to do.  

I know we have a very big SEA/AU player base, but unless you start getting them involved and having fights they can join than your never going to flush out those numbers in those time zones.  BLACK has a large number of players of ALL TIME ZONES.  While US Pirme time still our best time zone we can field players just about all.  We might not get more than 10 players, but that better than nothing and we hope the Mort Rats fill the rest.  Now for the nations in alliance they have two other nations to fill and help them.  Get into better relations with those other nations of your alliances and it will help.  Right now I think we have to many folks pointing fingers and blaming each other that nothing productive is getting done in the super alliance so they our loosing grounds.  It happens when you get to big for your britches.  Maybe loose some regions and get organized and take them back.  There is 71 regions in this game.  If every one had 5 including there capital (that is 4 extra) than we have 31 regions to fight over.   You don't have to own every port out there.   If you don't want to be attack than don't attack some one that is going to beat you. 

I keep saying over and over when folks bitch about the Danes.  Stop attacking Pounce and SD and I bet you they will go silent again and just do there thing, but until you stop attacking there two major econ ports they won't be silent any time soon.

25 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

I don't care if I'm outnumber 2:1 or 25:1 - I have not escaped a PB before the conclusion in a LONG time.  Damn - I think the last what when I was fighting alongside the Dutch at Zoutman when the Pirates turned my ship into Swiss cheese. 

Just out of curiosity, mate, how are you replacing your lost ships? I know that I lost my only 3 1st rates. Granted they were junk freebies, but from fighting with those, I know it is useless to use any wood other than Live Oak or Mahogany. So I won't bother making anything unless I can start recollecting those types. Because no one ever in their right mind would think any game is fun if you always lose every time because of either always being outnumbered, outclassed, or outcrafted while being stuck in crap ships. A person can't even last long enough to learn to get better when they sail with paper hulls. Imagine in WoT being stuck in the tier 6 German HT No VI, pure shit, paper thin, can't even bounce a L Traktor, and having to face tier 10 Russian T62A every single day of your life and never being able to get a better tank because you can't build anything better. Surviving no longer than 1 or 2 shots give you no time to learn anything. And anyone who thinks that is fun, is a rare bread of window licker.

11 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

PvP1 is in the same boat. Majority of open world is ganking. Port Battles on PvP1 are slight different story mainly because of population. 

Yeah that was MaccCap

Been drained of the game myself. The hypocracy and imbalance of the population of the server, among other items is driving me to take a break from Naval Action.

On PvP1, we Dutch do get plenty of PvP battles with the French and Swedes outside La Orchila. Quite a lot of fun because it never seems to always turn out to be who can outnumber who, or who can bring the biggest ship. It's usually 5th and 4th rates sailing everywhere hunting for the fun of it.

With MaccCap being a Rear Admiral, you'd think he would know better. Personally, I thought he was an alt, but apparently I'm wrong.

Ya, I'm a bit worn out too from PvP2, but I try to log in to both servers, morning for PvP1 and late night for PvP2. It just depends on my availability.

8 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Just out of curiosity, mate, how are you replacing your lost ships? I know that I lost my only 3 1st rates. Granted they were junk freebies, but from fighting with those, I know it is useless to use any wood other than Live Oak or Mahogany. So I won't bother making anything unless I can start recollecting those types. Because no one ever in their right mind would think any game is fun if you always lose every time because of either always being outnumbered, outclassed, or outcrafted while being stuck in crap ships. A person can't even last long enough to learn to get better when they sail with paper hulls. Imagine in WoT being stuck in the tier 6 German HT No VI, pure shit, paper thin, can't even bounce a L Traktor, and having to face tier 10 Russian T62A every single day of your life and never being able to get a better tank because you can't build anything better. Surviving no longer than 1 or 2 shots give you no time to learn anything. And anyone who thinks that is fun, is a rare bread of window licker.

While I know some ships get passed over from one nation to another in support. I can honestly tell you all these ship notes I get.  The firs get broken down.  The crappy but usable builds get put up in random Freetown ports for sale.   The good builds either go to Mort (don't do this any more cause nats buy them) or Kidds or to some small nation needing ships.   That is just me, but I'm sure others do some what the same thing.

Even though I haven't done it in a while but I made my fair share of ships for other nations too.  Being two level 50 crafters pirates with all the BP's except one (H Rattler eludes me) on my main means i can pretty much build any ships right now. I don't charge the small nations other than meterals and notes.  So there are ways to restock your ships if your contacts are nice enough to help you.  I still don't see how DUTCH our out of ships and woods.  You actually haven't came to many fights, you have other nations in your allaince to get the woods from and last you as of typeing this still have some major econ ports of your own to craft them in.   Also share your resources.   While we have been holding Castries I have filled every contract for french and swedes.   Though I have stopped since I no longer us that region for my silver.  

Funny you ask this, cause haven't you said you supplied ships to the small nations?  Wouldn't that mean you know where they are getting there ships from or was that just some hot air BS?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

I don't get sunk very often.  I have lost a total of 4 duration on 2 nice aggies, and 1 dur on my old buc in the last 3+ weeks.  In that same time I've received at least 10 free redeemable ships which brought 3 nice aggies and a decent l'ocean.  I've been able to craft replacement gold mods so I actually have more battle ready ships now than 3 weeks ago.  I just crafted a new buc, so I gifted the old one for another French player.  I have enough materials ready for another ship once there is a need.

I have also purchased numerous ships from La Navasse and La Tortue for my own use and other French players to use.  SHips are easy - the gold mods are not so easy - especially when the Dutch/USA/GB and pirates control the majority of Silver and copper production.  THe buc I've been using for the past 2-3 weeks has been down to 1-dur all that time - and fitted with all green replaceable mods...  so it's not like my ships are all fitted out with the best stuff.  I fight with what I have.

Edited by ElricTheTwo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Funny you ask this, cause haven't you said you supplied ships to the small nations?  Wouldn't that mean you know where they are getting there ships from or was that just some hot air BS?

We did receive a fair amount of help from vdD - ships and notes, and some materials too.  They helped our junior players a lot.

Edited by ElricTheTwo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

With MaccCap being a Rear Admiral, you'd think he would know better. Personally, I thought he was an alt, but apparently I'm wrong.

You don't want to know how many times we have gotten into fights with RA and they couldn't even manual sale.   While in the past we use to think it was just guys coming over from PvE or something, but man honestly I think it's we just have a good number of causal players that bad.  That and some folks get power leveled up through grinding fleets and such and never learned any of the mechanics of the game. I was Lt Com before I even asked about Port Battles and on PvP1 when I asked how do you know where they are and such (flag system) I got called a spy traitor as any one that rank should of known that by than.  Kinda why I picked to switch over to PvP2 at the time cause the attitude of the older stable players over there.  Than I find that PvP1 isn't much different.  Got to Master Com, got my surprise and started to show up for the port battles.   Though was constantly told to stay out side even though  a full 25 wasn't showing at them so I was the last to enter every time and never was learning anything from them.  I didn't really get to learn about them until I joined UNKN cause they fought shallow water fights all the time.  Than I learned more after we switched to Pirates. So unless your part of a PvP clan you might not ever learn things about RvR and such.  I hear folks all the time saying they have no clue about how to vote either.

As players we should be teaching folks in our nation these things.  Though I'll admit I have taught a good number of guys how to get out of irons only to sink them afterwards.

The other day had a great fight with my suprise (close haul build for trade hunting) I was out testing and tagged this low level in a Snow.  He actually fought and fought hard for a good long time.  I demasted him and than right before I boarded I told him he can surrender to save his crew and officer.  He thanked me for the good fight and did that.  I hope to see him out there cause that player (brit) is goign to be good when he gets higher up.  These guys ya'll need to keep and not run off.   We been seeing a lot of new faces in the shallows on all sides too.  We need to encourage more fights for these guys to keep them interested in the game.  We all get burned out a bit when we play all the time. I took most of November off cause of this. I might do it again soon.  So a little time off is good for folks to not get burned out.   Remember not to long ago Pirates was down to two regions and could hardly muster 10 guys and some nights you would see only 3 guys in our TS.  Every one is going to have there up and downs.  Bet you see some numbers rise when the new patch comes out (hopefully this month).  Folks get bored and want change.  Hell when ME:A comes out you prob won't see me for a week....new games also drag players away from this one.

Maybe I need to get back to doing those PvE events for notes. Although, I'm tired of getting the same old rewards, cheap Rattle Snake Heavies (about 6 million of them), and cheap Indefs and Endys. Usless on PvP2, but used everyday on PvP1. And I'm not gonna relocate my lost warehouse, and have no more free ports. Although at the rate of us losing our worthy regions where my ports were, maybe I should just dump them. I'm just too damn lazy to make 50 trips to move the supplies from them.

9 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

We did receive a fair amount of help from vdD - ships and notes, and some materials too.  They helped our junior players a lot.

That good to hear that it isn't just BS and he is helping, but isn't that to effect helping the enemy and making him a traitor to his nation and alliance?  Sorry got to poke fun at this one since that is how he views all us Pirates that use to be part of a nation......so vdD is a spy/traitor...every one hang him....lol

• Like 1

Having contacted the US about our alliance it was not due to our lack of availability in their PBs, in fact i called their last win, it was due to pirate propaganda in poor spain and looking at the vote amounts it was very clear that they tried to go for us but couldnt, either due to alts or idiots. If they wanted more support in their PBs they wouldnt have tried to go Spain now would they? 

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

That good to hear that it isn't just BS and he is helping, but isn't that to effect helping the enemy and making him a traitor to his nation and alliance?  Sorry got to poke fun at this one since that is how he views all us Pirates that use to be part of a nation......so vdD is a spy/traitor...every one hang him....lol

Different thing there, helping out new players that are a part of a small nation that needs help is perfectly fine. I have done the same for Sweden, yes, Sweden. And i even helped a pirate a while ago. Its character that matters, and Van Der Decken is a person of great character, he like I, are just frustrated that you jsut flat out lie, you are worse than American Politicians. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

so vdD is a spy/traitor...every one hang him....lol

:ph34r: lol. We have a frienemyship with France. And I was doing my part in helping build an alliance with France, that did not go through. So it remained a frienemyship :)

2 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Having contacted the US about our alliance it was not due to our lack of availability in their PBs, in fact i called their last win, it was due to pirate propaganda in poor spain and looking at the vote amounts it was very clear that they tried to go for us but couldnt, either due to alts or idiots. If they wanted more support in their PBs they wouldnt have tried to go Spain now would they? 

People need to remember you can't get an alliance with a nation that is in an alliance with a nation your at war with.  Spain can't join the US while they are in an alliance with France, Swede or Danes cause US is at war with all three of those nations.  You can only have two alliances at a time, since I think Danes had move votes for Spain over France I believe that is why France got bumped out this time, not to mention there is a rotate of one week cool down.  I'm going to bet that is what happens with US/DUTCH, but I know for a fact folks where asking to vote against that alliance so it wasn't just alts that did it, it was prob the small nations sick of the alliance and want a change.  While I'll admit we have our spy/alts vote against the alliances when needed, but there aren't as many as ya'll would really think that can.  The majority is still the main player base that votes for things.   Also remember any one that changes nation is locked out of the vote for 2 weeks so nation flipping won't allow you to change the votes.   

• Like 1