Game-Labs Forum

the death of port battles

balz

15 minutes ago, Surathani said:

Played with swedes in DAOC, played WOW on EU server, then played Oceanic with my AUS friends. Trust me Aegir, dont be the fool you are flirting with being. I can play any damn EU FPS server that doesnt auto kick a 200+ ping.

Well, nevermind then, DAOC and WOW have no asset loss and couldn't even find Oceanic. If NA was the same - basically just staging large RvR fights for entertainment's sake for a little bit of reward and losing having no significant effect - then no one would really care about timezones and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

12 minutes ago, Leku said:

You still refuse to accept fact that Danes attacked Sunbury when Spain still was keeping Smyrna. Your alliance cutted our coalition from fine live oak for 1-2 weeks. You guys started it. Dont try to twist your deeds.

And you still refuse to change your attitude and keep playing the harrassed ones.

I can only rotfl.

You complain about the fact that Dane taked Savanna but you what did you do with the brit by fucking the French and cute them silver from the hand and gank them by group of 6 or 10 player all the day in front of french capital you think this is better ?

• Like 4

Where did all the Dutch Care Bears go? 

Well in this story 4 nations thought they would fuck the Dutch nation over to 2 ports setting zoutman and las aves to timers of 2-4am whilst ganking every dutch noob that left the capital. 

Can you guess the result? Floods of guys left or switched and when the hardcore Dutch stayed up to attack those those ports at 2 am how many enemies did we face? Well a single figures is the answer, if only those 4 nations would of considered the result of those actions then.

Im afraid you do indeed reap what you sow, you may have a somewhat valid point but when you wield the big pointy stick don't expect sympathy when you poke yourself in the eye with it.

• Like 4

Note all of these games run 24x7 and allow multinational players. You do know that the term RvR came from DAOC right? No of course you dont, cause you have not one clue of which you pitch to me.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/oc     <--- oc = oceanic. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realm_versus_Realm

In 2001, Mythic Entertainment introduced a new team-based form of PvP combat with the release of Dark Age of Camelot and called it Realm versus Realm. In Realm vs Realm the rules would be similar to PvP combat. Where a single combatant or a group faces one another in PvP. RVR introduces entire Factions fighting each other. RvR was also made more interesting by bypassing the normal "red vs blue" type team battles seen in most games at the time. For RvR, they created a third faction to bring about a large scale "Rock-Paper-Scissors" experience. Last they chose to allow Realm vs Realm to be played out in an open world PvP environment known as the RvR zone. The RvR zone was a free to roam map where players had the choice of where to attack, when to attack, and with how many players. Complete battlefield freedom (even the freedom to not take part) allowed for RvR and DAOC to become one of the most successful MMOs of its time.

Your RVR was invented by an MMO that many of us played with Europeans, but I guess NA is something special only you can play together right?

Edited by Surathani
  • Like 1

Redii the idea that because the Daines are now loosing that they will all quit is a had far fetched. If the do all quit that means the wagon you guys hitched your horse upto could be about to burn!

I didnt see Daines or sweeds complaining when the Daines beat the Americans at 3am, neither did I see you complaining when you launched attacks on them when they fell out of the stupid alliances! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

Attacking and fighting is part of the game. You had the chance to defend, you lost the battle. That's not compareable to attacks in nights of weekdays

Yes it wasnt and isnt because your alliance has enough EU players. i dont care about the rest, everyone did it.

Im out of this forumtopic now. lost any hope in solving this. Go on dev's and find a solution but do it fast pls. thanks

Then deal with facts. You are being attacked its part of the game. You lost the battle.

You were supposed to go out from topic? Yet you are still here.

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

QQ.

now you focus on destroying the whole playerbase instead of finding a solution. well done

It`s not our side destroying playerbase. It`s you guys. You with your attittude and with refusal of using diplomacy which is the basics of sandbox.
But personally i would love to see Danes fall, and im not going to cry if they leave.

Now some tip.

You attacked US port when you still had fine live oak at spanish hands in new smyrna. When attacking US you should realize you are opening box with "timers" as US playerbase is mainly in different timezone. You start it and you blame others for your own actions. Now go to the corner kids, cry there and deal with consequences of your decisions.

Instead of forcing out part of playerbase ( hey hipocrites you know you want to cutt off 1/4 of server playerbase? You know what HIPOCRITE means? ) with another stupid limitations in creating port battles, mabye. Just fuckin maybe realize your problem not lies in so called nightflips.

It lies in your attitude, and mostly in fact that DEVELOPERS changed timers on PB. Before it was about week when you could start gaining hostility again in defended region. So it gived you ~9 days where you were safe from so called nightflips. Maybe OPEN your eyes and instead of blaming players for PLAYING fuckin game, talk with developers to repair THEIR product which they fail to build.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Redii the idea that because the Daines are now loosing that they will all quit is a had far fetched.  

It's  not losing. It's lopsided timezones.  And yes, we are in hibernation.

Edited by Kloothommel

3 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

Sorry we deprived you of content by not playing. Like your side deprives us of content by nightflips ingredients.  Prepare for a very hollow victory.

Maybe why thats why you cant RvR, you slept through Dark Age of Camelot, the meaning is lost on you totally. Night night.

Edited by Surathani

I find the claim that Savannah is a carte blanche to be taken over using any means necessary because it's next to the capital a bit strange - have there actually been players online at US primetime (not counting pirates of course,though most of those have probably given up the black and fled to the Brits by now) that have been attacking the US players there? Because if not, then what's the problem, scary-looking AI fleets? Sounds like nothing compared to other nations who have had their capitals blockaded by enemies.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Delafair said:

You complain about the fact that Dane taked Savanna but you what did you do with the brit by fucking the French and cute them silver from the hand and gank them by group of 6 or 10 player all the day in front of french capital you think this is better ?

Wait, wait. Still you took Savannah before brits took Dominica or how it`s called. Dominica port battle was setted via doing pvp in french waters and it was never aim of any of us to get this region. Yet when we got PB we fought it. I was there and we were attacking in old 1st rates and we expected to get whooped by new sh 1st rates. But instead we whooped their asses. It`s not our fault that they failed even with handicap.

Argument with silver doesnt hit me. They have few more silver ports in their allies ports. We dutchies were fighting about 1.5-2 months to get cartagena in our hands and get our closest silver and gold mine. Before we were having only silver in one of brits port which they took from spain. Dont compare it dude, because your arguments sounds bleak.

And attacking enemy in front of capital? Whats wrong with that? They have plenty of room in gulf of mexico for example to play safely. If they refuse to adapt then it`s their problem. Not my lol.

6 minutes ago, Tac said:

Where did all the Dutch Care Bears go? 

Well in this story 4 nations thought they would fuck the Dutch nation over to 2 ports setting zoutman and las aves to timers of 2-4am whilst ganking every dutch noob that left the capital. 

Can you guess the result? Floods of guys left or switched and when the hardcore Dutch stayed up to attack those those ports at 2 am how many enemies did we face? Well a single figures is the answer, if only those 4 nations would of considered the result of those actions then.

Im afraid you do indeed reap what you sow, you may have a somewhat valid point but when you wield the big pointy stick don't expect sympathy when you poke yourself in the eye with it.

cwclp.gif

18 minutes ago, Kloothommel said:

PVP2 looks like a valid comparison of what pvp1 will look like soon :(

Why do you think all of us came here from PVP2, you think it was nightflps? Almost every single person you pitched your sob story too last night came from PVP2, you think nightflips chased them out? No, bad patches, lame mechanics resulting in a low player base made PVP2. You dont fool anyone. Your sorry excuse tied to the results of bad mechanics was not the death of PVP2 or the bane of PVP1 today.

Edited by Surathani
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leku said:

Wait, wait. Still you took Savannah before brits took Dominica or how it`s called. Dominica port battle was setted via doing pvp in french waters and it was never aim of any of us to get this region. Yet when we got PB we fought it. I was there and we were attacking in old 1st rates and we expected to get whooped by new sh 1st rates. But instead we whooped their asses. It`s not our fault that they failed even with handicap.

Argument with silver doesnt hit me. They have few more silver ports in their allies ports. We dutchies were fighting about 1.5-2 months to get cartagena in our hands and get our closest silver and gold mine. Before we were having only silver in one of brits port which they took from spain. Dont compare it dude, because your arguments sounds bleak.

And attacking enemy in front of capital? Whats wrong with that? They have plenty of room in gulf of mexico for example to play safely. If they refuse to adapt then it`s their problem. Not my lol.

cwclp.gif

Sure that gank 1 low level player with 10 people it's great it's what i saw all day in french chanel .

10 minutes ago, Delafair said:

Sure that gank 1 low level player with 10 people it's great it's what i saw all day in french chanel .

I personally dont attack lowbies but thats me. Still i see no problem as they have plenty of room for semi safe and safe sailing. Be it in own waters placed arround carribean, or allied ports.
If they refuse to adapt then in my eyes they deserve what they recieve.
When your alliance two ported dutch with abuse of trade flag mechanic, attacking on 3 fronts and pulling multiple flags same time, we didnt had such luxury and safe haven they have atm. You saw no problems then. Now it`s a problem?

Hipocrits.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leku said:

I personally dont attack lowbies but thats me. Still i see no problem as they have plenty of room for semi safe and safe sailing. Be it in own waters placed arround carribean, or allied ports.
When your alliance two ported dutch with abuse of trade flag mechanic, attacking on 3 fronts and pulling multiple flags same time, we didnt had such luxury and safe haven they have atm. You saw no problems then. Now it`s a problem?

Hipocrits.

lol Hipocrits yourself your the news troll afther Pelagos so just shut up a bit that will give us holiday and about the safe area you said they are not safe seem for the rookie zone lot of french that started the game just got ganked by USA experimented player most than once and you said you had no safe zone not true you had GB water around Bonacca oh and of course the PVE are of flatss too :P that was very safe for play quiet so i can said the seem for you about that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delafair said:

lol Hipocrits yourself your the news troll afther Pelagos so just shut up a bit that will give us holiday and about the safe area you said they are not safe seem for the rookie zone lot of french that started the game just got ganked by USA experimented player most than once and you said you had no safe zone not true you had GB water around Bonacca oh and of course the PVE are of flatss too :P that was very safe for play quiet so i can said the seem for you about that

Dude. Read again what i wrote, and then read your reply. Your reply is so dumb that i cant even speak now. Only insults comes to mind. But i`ll give you a chance to fix your mistake.

21 minutes ago, Leku said:

Hipocrits.

Only Point that i agree with you of your other Post was the trade of flag and for this well was not the nation that decided to do but "some player" afther about the danes when they did this for come in south it was was some players that used this trick and not the Nation choice it's clear that this trick should not be used but well that hapened .

Not long ago the Danes were unstoppable, many people flocked to the Danish flag to be on the winning team. Now its no longer the winning team you will see the numbers drop again as the glory hunters go off to find the next flavour of the month Faction. Im sure there is hard core underneath to keep the nation going once all the cry babies have left.

Just now, Delafair said:

Only Point that i agree with you of your other Post was the trade of flag and for this well was not the nation that decided to do but "some player" afther about the danes when they did this for come in south it was was some players that used this trick and not the Nation choice it's clear that this trick should not be used but well that hapened .

Dude Dutch were 2 ported when you couldnt use ports of allies. There wasnt noobie area in bahamas then. Our newbies were simply throwed from game and switched nation. Not only noobies but also carebears. France atm have plenty of space to play atm. Like half of map if not more. Your arguments are bleak and have no value. If you dont understands that, well we have nothing to talk about then.

I didnt saw who exactly was trading flags ( from danes that is, nor i care about it tbh ) but when i fought danes during this campaing it was always same people RDNN and RUS. Same faces. We beat your fleets, we throwed you out, we loose some fights, we won some. We pushed back 3+ nationts attack simultanously on us with some help from brits ( very apprecieated but you could done more be honest ) and mostly what we recieve back was exploits ( trade flag when your normal attacks were multiple times beaten ) and abusing ( multiple attacks on 4+ ports simultanously ). On the end you even tried to lock us out with 2-4am timers on important ports.
All with some shitty excuses, that you did it by mistake and because brits done this and that bla bla bla. Bullshit arguments.

Still i dont blame you for 2 porting us. Thats not the problem. Problem lies in the way you done it. And reasons behind it.

Dont try to twist facts here dude. Not going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Leku said:

Dude Dutch were 2 ported when you couldnt use ports of allies. There wasnt noobie area in bahamas then. Our newbies were simply throwed from game and switched nation. Not only noobies but also carebears. France atm have plenty of space to play atm. Like half of map if not more. Your arguments are bleak and have no value. If you dont understands that, well we have nothing to talk about then.

I didnt saw who exactly was trading flags ( from danes that is, nor i care about it tbh ) but when i fought danes during this campaing it was always same people RDNN and RUS. Same faces. We beat your fleets, we throwed you out, we loose some fights, we won some. We pushed back 3+ nationts attack simultanously on us with some help from brits ( very apprecieated but you could done more be honest ) and mostly what we recieve back was exploits ( trade flag when your normal attacks were multiple times beaten ) and abusing ( multiple attacks on 4+ ports simultanously ). On the end you even tried to lock us out with 2-4am timers on important ports.
All with some shitty excuses, that you did it by mistake and because brits done this and that bla bla bla. Bullshit arguments.

Still i dont blame you for 2 porting us. Thats not the problem. Problem lies in the way you done it. And reasons behind it.

Dont try to twist facts here dude. Not going to happen.

uhuh yea forgot there was not aliance posibility to use allied port sorry about that ^^

• Like 1