Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 7 for patch 9.97

Ink

14 minutes ago, sruPL said:

The roadmap would be pretty short as they plan to release game in next months I believe, but I would like to see it as well.

I don't believe it, unless they have been working on contend behind the doors and kept it secret. 2017 roadmap would be ok, but not required. I think it works better if we find out content by surprise. This way people will appreciate it more.  

21 minutes ago, sruPL said:

The roadmap would be pretty short as they plan to release game in next months I believe, but I would like to see it as well.

There is no way they are making a release any time soon as we haven't even got pirate mechanics or gone into beta testing stage. I don't even see it making release during the summer unless a lot of stuff gets put out real fast for us to test and them to tweek.

15 minutes ago, Wind said:

I don't believe it, unless they have been working on contend behind the doors and kept it secret. 2017 roadmap would be ok, but not required. I think it works better if we find out content by surprise. This way people will appreciate it more.  

I actually think it would be better if they update it and let us know what the plans are.  We are loosing folks interest cause they know there will be wipes soon and well a lot of folks are tired of not having pirate mechanics too.  RvR and Nation Conquest stuff is out and being tweeked.  I think it's time for the pirates to get a little love and there system worked on.   

• Like 6

Perhaps I am not understanding how voting works, but why is my only option to down vote, and why am I provided only 10 votes, all of which are only for down voting that unlocks up votes only after down voting?
GR4XHe4.jpg

The image below is how it should look. If I've earned 10 voting points, I should see them and be able to use them for any nation up or down. If there is a current alliance that I wish to down vote, then once tallied by all nation members, it should shorten the alliance, provided that alliance has more down votes. Once all up votes are tallied, the top 2 nations our nation votes for should start the alliance, provided the other nations we voted for did the same. (Meaning no nation should be able to lock another nation into an alliance by their nation having more votes for it.) Anyway, give me my votes and allow me to use them in any manner, not tying them to up nor down votes. Like so:
kP8icMt.jpg

I believe the bug still exists :D

• Like 3

This is working as intended to force wars. You must put one vote for war to get one vote for alliance, for a total of 20 votes. If you could vote for alliance only, what would prevent the server to become a giant carebear fest? 

The bug is more about the alliance falling out for no apparent reason, as we just saw between France and Sweden. Unfortunately, it looks like the fix will only work at the next alliance cycle.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Serk said:

This is working as intended to force wars. You must put one vote for war to get one vote for alliance, for a total of 20 votes. If you could vote for alliance only, what would prevent the server to become a giant carebear fest? 

The bug is more about the alliance falling out for no apparent reason, as we just saw between France and Sweden. Unfortunately, it looks like the fix will only work at the next alliance cycle.

But the problem is on PvP2 they all ways down vote war with Spain a dead nation with like 1 active player (maybe 5 tops) and not with each other.  Are two largest nations have not fought a single port battle against each other since August last year.   There is something wrong with a system where your two largest nations can be in alliance and peace with each other that long.   

You get one vote for each rank you are, but you need to be Rank three and in a nation for two weeks before you can start voting.  Since you maxed out level you get 10 votes.  They want you to vote for war first to stimulate war between nations like Serk said.  Something that doesn't get done on PvP2.  Because every one is so afraid of the Pirates cause of things one Clan did months ago before the patch.  It's even worse now up till recently we had the three largest nations all in alliance with each other and no one was fighting except the Pirates.  Which are kind the third most pop nation, but I'm not counting them out of the Nationals cause we don't get alliance.   We should be the odd man thorn in the side for the other nations.  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

But the problem is on PvP2 they all ways down vote war with Spain a dead nation with like 1 active player (maybe 5 tops) and not with each other.  Are two largest nations have not fought a single port battle against each other since August last year.   There is something wrong with a system where your two largest nations can be in alliance and peace with each other that long.   

You get one vote for each rank you are, but you need to be Rank three and in a nation for two weeks before you can start voting.  Since you maxed out level you get 10 votes.  They want you to vote for war first to stimulate war between nations like Serk said.  Something that doesn't get done on PvP2.  Because every one is so afraid of the Pirates cause of things one Clan did months ago before the patch.  It's even worse now up till recently we had the three largest nations all in alliance with each other and no one was fighting except the Pirates.  Which are kind the third most pop nation, but I'm not counting them out of the Nationals cause we don't get alliance.   We should be the odd man thorn in the side for the other nations.  

While I agree, still PBs are only 25v25, even if 3 nations are allied. What I want to see are pirate mechs to allow them to join any side of any PvP or PB, and even allow each pirate to join any side they choose, allowing half pirates on one side and half on the other, if so chosen. But then, I could see pirates still banding together and killing only nationals on opposite teams, as to not take away ships from their kind, eventually ending the battle in a draw with only pirates surviving both sides.

22 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

While I agree, still PBs are only 25v25, even if 3 nations are allied. What I want to see are pirate mechs to allow them to join any side of any PvP or PB, and even allow each pirate to join any side they choose, allowing half pirates on one side and half on the other, if so chosen. But then, I could see pirates still banding together and killing only nationals on opposite teams, as to not take away ships from their kind, eventually ending the battle in a draw with only pirates surviving both sides.

Snickers....we talked about this before and even brought up the last part.  Just kill every one and keep all the booty for our selves...lol  

But what we are talking about on PvP2 is once we get the buffer back some day is just letting the Nationals fight it out so they don't freak out about us and keep it OW PvP fights.  Many us got burned out bad when we did the whole bring US to 11 ports and than Brits to 1 port thing.   It was only 10-15 players after all and that is why we go so silent  November before the patch came out.  I even took that month off and only logged in to do econ.  We don't want to get into that spot again cause it wasn't healthy for the server and all nations to be fighting like that when the server is so small pop wise.

But we do need some god dang pirate mechanics so we can be pirates and folks can stop complaining. Even though they will never stop complaining.  It's to much part of human nature.....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

You want to put half of blood thirsty Pirates on National side? You clearly don't know how much Pirates would abuse this system. Let's take for example 6 Pirates, they split into 3 guy groups. One group joins Nats, I order them to block shots and do weird sailing that does not benefit the nats. At the same time other Pirate group is beating the **** out of Nats and ignoring their Pirate friends who are' supposed to help the Nationals'. Making it a legal gank or 6 vs 3+3 passive Pirates.. In the end we have Nats sunk and 6 Pirates sailing in capped ships that they can trade between each other. I hope you get what I mean.   

And yes it would be legal to do so, since you can't tell the player on how he supposed to sail. As long as he doesn't touch the ship he is not breaking any game rules and this includes blocking friendly fire. He just 'doesn't know how to sail'. ;)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

10 minutes ago, Wind said:

You want to put half of blood thirsty Pirates on National side? You clearly don't know how much Pirates would abuse this system. Let's take for example 6 Pirates, they split into 3 guy groups. One group joins Nats, I order them to block shots and do weird sailing that does not benefit the nats. At the same time other Pirate group is beating the **** out of Nats and ignoring their Pirate friends who are' supposed to help the Nationals'. In the end we have Nats sunk and 6 Pirates sailing in capped ships that they can trade between each other. I hope you get what I mean.   

That is what my "But then" was referring to. I am certain it would happen. However, how can devs make it so that some pirates who want to do truly pirate privateering, and those who don't, can join the side they are hired for? I mean, say pirate clan 1 is hired by nation 1 and both are fighting nation 2. Say another pirate clan sees the battle and wants to help out nation 2 because they hate nation 1? How could this be rectified to allow each pirate clan to enter whichever nation they support?

Certainly I can see backstabbing happening by both rat clans, but then nation 1 would know to never trust rats again...as always should be. heh

14 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

That is what my "But then" was referring to. I am certain it would happen. However, how can devs make it so that some pirates who want to do truly pirate privateering, and those who don't, can join the side they are hired for? I mean, say pirate clan 1 is hired by nation 1 and both are fighting nation 2. Say another pirate clan sees the battle and wants to help out nation 2 because they hate nation 1? How could this be rectified to allow each pirate clan to enter whichever nation they support?

Certainly I can see backstabbing happening by both rat clans, but then nation 1 would know to never trust rats again...as always should be. heh

Outlaw class. Nation can hire them, so they become allies and can help in battles. Reputation must be added to the game. If they cheat their Rep can go down making business with that Nation difficult. This means sail and help your allies or cheat and get Outlawed. Outlaws can work on their rep, so they can do Privateering for Nations who hire them. All this would require good Rep standing. Reputation can be earned by accepting kill contracts. ex. Britain listed 20 kill contracts around xxxx Port during xxxx Time. So, if I sail there and help them flip the port, kill their enemies and screen during PB I earn Rep and eventually will be able to join their Fights or Even PBs. 

If you want such mechanics it has to be earned by hard work and can't be given free from the start. Outlaws Rep would be horrible with all Nations from the start, but they can decide in what nation they should blend in. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Wind said:

Outlaw class. Nation can hire them, so they become allies and can help in battles. Reputation must be added to the game. If they cheat their Rep can go down making business with that Nation difficult. This means sail and help your allies or cheat and get Outlawed. Outlaws can work on their rep, so they can do Privateering for Nations who hire them. All this would require good Rep standing. Reputation can be earned by accepting kill contracts. ex. Britain listed 20 kill contracts around xxxx Port during xxxx Time. So, if I sail there and help them flip the port, kill their enemies and screen during PB I earn Rep and eventually will be able to join their Fights or Even PBs. 

If you want such mechanics it has to be earned by hard work and can't be given free from the start. Outlaws Rep would be horrible with all Nations from the start, but they can decide in what nation they should blend in. 

Cannot think of anything more confusing leading to boring. It's difficult enough getting players to come out and seek a fight, let alone help your own nationals.

1 hour ago, Lannes said:

Cannot think of anything more confusing leading to boring. It's difficult enough getting players to come out and seek a fight, let alone help your own nationals.

It's Alpha difficulty nothing more. Confusing? Not at all. By being Outlaw I dictate my rules and I decide who to help and who not to. YOur Nation needs help? List Contracts and we come and wreck Chaos on those who oppress you. Simple as that. Outlaws build their Rep and get paid doing the job, they give **** who they work for. In my opinion this is better than being a Pirate because they can get hired to kill them . 

If Devs ever introduce this class I will get few more copies as Thanks .

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ink said:

Captains, we will try to provide 2017 roadmap by the end of the week

I put all my hopes and prays to hear that you will be working on redoing PB mechanics and conquest mechanics and make player driven economy, global markets, more player interaction in building ships, give us professions and either make pirates a free nation with same tools as other nations or make us a complete separate mechanic.

I hope I did not ask too much, but it was said that if you do your wish in one sentence it counts as one :D

Current Alliance system limits fun and historic relations. Since when did captains vote on national issues?

I would suggest cycles like this:

1 month each

All hostile

Government decided war (Napoleonic)

All hostile

Government decided war (historic war...)

All hostile

Government decided war (random choice by government - 2 sided)

All hostile

Government decided war (random choice by government - 3 sided)

and repeat.....

This would give more fun and force seizing land instead of relying on this alliance setup.....

AND YES..... PIRATE mechanics needed!!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ink said:

Captains, we will try to provide 2017 roadmap by the end of the week

Please create a poll for each bullet point on the road map for us to vote on what content we are excited for or don't care for? If not, at least please do this for each new patch review poll. It will certainly help.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Lol, I know, you'd think that the "fix" could have included just a simple setting of the alliances to what they know we all intend, staggered by the correct spacing of voting periods and the lengths that make it so these drop-outs don't occur. This should have been done overnight the first time this occurred (months ago).

And why they don't just make it a binary system, Allied/Not-Allied is beyond me. As far as I know there's not a meaningful difference between being at "War" with a nation and not-allied with a nation. Requiring us to vote for "War" status has never been anything other than a meaningless exercise to get access to our ally votes. <_<

Actually there is a difference.  Unless they changed something if you come up to some one your at war with and they are in a fight with another nation you can't pick the at war side.  If they are just neutral on both side you can pick wich one you want to join.  We did this early today joining Dan missions to help them grind down some hostility (we being pirates) that the US was creating.   Seems they want to attack yet another nation that is not doing anything and only has a few regions.   Still don't understand why the two biggest nations on PvP2 aren't at war with each other.  All ways in a carebear alliaince.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Regionals should be in balance.  Right now we have some that are simply not that good, the bonuses are smaller.  There is no real need for this.  Better to have plenty of pretty well balanced regionals.

They do that cause that means some regions are worth more than others and they should be fought over, but if you don't have those high value regions you can still craft with just the lesser perks.  The problem is folks don't fight over them for the most part mainly cause they make alliance and can just use there buddies.