Game-Labs Forum

graphics card requirements

Don't be.

I used to run a 780ti upgraded from two 580s, well, the 780 died didn't it - and I'm still looking for the receipt, dohhh! The point is I only put one 580 back in and guess what?

It works beautifully :)No stutters or pauses and still get good reflections on the water and detailed ships! 

Running at - 2560X1440 at Medium settings. Going for FPS numbers not really relevant to this slower paced game - it's not a twitch shooter ;)

For what it's worth. Have at it!

S! or as I've seen in game, o7 :P

Mauler.

P.S. Still looking for that damned receipt!

My budget is about 450 dollars tops. Good thing is I have a monitor etc. Just need a new tower. Can't convince the wife to go with a build, needs to be out of box " shudder" thanks for the glimmer of hope tho.

dude.. dont do that. onboard grafics will not satisfy your gaming experience.

I know AMD does some decent APUs but seriously. That rig is an office PC not meant for gaming!

Dual core processor? You are going to get to an upgrade in a year. If you ever are satisfied with the performance of that PC..

Invest more time convincing your wife about self built rigs.

Its easy you cant do it wrong and there are sooo many forums wich can help you out. Also Youtube is full of build tutorials.

If you already have an operating system you can use it instead of investing 100 bucks on win 8.

And take into account how "future proov" such a complete computer is (for that money). As said above. dual core is not state of the art. And IF dualcore. Go intel. AMD does not do well core-to-core comparisn.

450 bucks gives you an entry level gaming rig wich still wrecks the PS4 or XBone performance wise. Even if you have to spent 100$/€ on the windows.

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/2ri7th/build_ready_budget_gaming_pc_500_g3258_and_r9_270x/

Look what I found. But all of this disassembled and without Windows (OS). Still. Those few rigs are capable to double, triple (or even more?) the performance of the PC you posted yourself.

Why? Because all of them use a dedicated Grafics Card.

this Setup is maybe the best bang for buck you can get for 440. Sadly as said. No OS or assembly.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-amd-fx-series-8gb-memory-black/4757115.p?id=1219638967131&skuId=4757115

This likely what I will be getting, has the GE 720 which from my understanding is between the minimum and recommended. Not sure if it's dual core or not. But if it gets me started playing I will upgrade in the future as needed.

Thnx again for the help guys

All right. I just had a look at your link.

I did some research and asked some other geeks about that machine.

At that pricetag its a decent rig. You certainly are aware that your not buying a gaming rig per se. The GPU will struggle with demanding games. At least the minimum requirements are fulfilled. shader model 5 and dx11.1. But in many cases this card is slower than the recommended GTX 460. Still I *think* you can run NA on lowest settings. (no garantee only my own thoughts)

The base is solid. That processor plus the 8gb RAM is pretty decent and can last a while.

If you go with that offer I may suggest you to buy a better grafics card in the future. That should not be something uber powerful. Another 100$ +/- will offer you some really epic price/performance card. Wich can run most or maybe even all games at 1080p (HD) resolution on low to mid grafic settings.

If your happy with what you got there is nothing to upgrade :P

You don't need a top end card. I had a Radeon 5000 series with 1 gb ram that ran the game on low settings fine. I just upgraded to a R7 260x with 2gb ram which can be found here:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8907100&CatId=7387

You could also go with the R7 250 or 240 for closer to $99. I can run NA on high settings with 40+ fps on an old pc circa 2011 !! (Phenom duel core with 8gb ram).

I appreciate the replies/ info guys. It would be a lot easier to figure this all out if we had the min/rec system requirements for the game, but I understand at this phase it's not really possible for them to tell us.

Might just sit on it for awhile, then get a system once I know more about what's needed.

Edit to add.

I will say graphics are not the end all be all for me. Great graphics and resolution are nice, but as long as the game is playable, without lag spikes that leave me vulnerable to other players etc I'm pretty happy. Been a console person all my life, but this is the type of game that will likely never be on console so there is really no reason to stay on consoles.

Thx again guys

Edited by Justme

Official statement is this:

Video card: Game requires a video card with full DX11 and Shader Model 5 support with at least 1GB of video memory.
nVidia gtx 460 and higher or AMD Radeon HD 6450 and higher are required.
nVidia gtx 660 and higher or AMD Radeon R9 270 and higher are recommended.
Intel GPU is supported from Intel Iris 5200 and higher but not recommended due low visual quality and performance.

About CPU there is no info but the 4 core AMD and the 8gigs of RAM in your bestbuy PC will do the job.

The GPU will run NA at lowest settings and then it will run rather "slow". low FPS.

And then its up to you to decide how smooth you feel the game runs.

Official statement is this:

About CPU there is no info but the 4 core AMD and the 8gigs of RAM in your bestbuy PC will do the job.

The GPU will run NA at lowest settings and then it will run rather "slow". low FPS.

And then its up to you to decide how smooth you feel the game runs.

My biggest concern is it being choppy/laggy to the point where I can't control the ship or others have an advantage. Everything else I can live with.

How good is the Radeon 6670 graphics card? I seen a pc with dual 6670 graphics card and was wondering if its worth it. Tried looking up to see if it supports both direct 11x and shader 5.0 but managing to find some contradictory answers.

Edited by Justme

• 7 months later...

Well, I have read some posts in this topic and my conclusion is that this game is just for those with very strong gaming computers.

I'm very unhappy about the fact, but this is the crude reality.

Adios, my friends. See you ten years later, if we'll live until then.

Best Regards,

colorado71

I have a Graphics workstation, Xeon proc. 1 - Quatro 2000 1 GB, 1 - Quatro 4000 2 GB, running together, is there any settings or configuration that I should know about that will give better performance? I have no issues now, and the game looks great, but If I can tweek it for better performance I would.

- Tanks

post-14199-0-12840300-1450723962_thumb.jpg

My graphics card is not that great (getting a new one for X-Mas) and although open sea can be pretty crappy the battles are smooth even at 18fps because of the slow nature of the game. I'm just here to say that people should not get discouraged if they think they will only have 15-20fps because this game is very playable,smooth and looks good even at those low frame rates in battles....where it counts anyway.

I'm still down for an equipment issue (should be up in about a week..., Guatemala is a beautiful place to live, but has some challenges on hardware availability, especially during the holidays.) but was wondering if there are any recent operating metrics from folks  using performance monitoring during different scenarios (i.e. single combat, small group combat and large group combat).  It appears there are many new captains (I'll include myself in this group) with questions on hardware to start operations and to also plan ahead on possible new upgrades or equipment for future operations. 

Respectfully, an old Gringo.

Thank you Ink... are these the standard requirements you are talking about?

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:16 PM: DX11 only..... Minimal, Dual core CPU,4gb ram, Nvidia GTX 560 or Radeon 6870.....Recommended, Quad core CPU,8gb ram, Nvidia GTX 760 or AMD R9 270x.

Best Regards

cmdrbobcito, those that are listed on the official site are:

System requirements

Video card: Game requires a video card with full DX11 and Shader Model 5 support with at least 1GB of video memory.
 GeForce GTX 460 1GB or AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB and higher are required.
 GeForce GTX 660 2GB or AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB and higher are recommended.
Intel Integrated GPU is supported from Intel Iris 5200 and higher but not recommended due low visual quality and performance. 

Operating system: 64 bit Windows 7 and above. Playing on 32 Bit operating systems is possible but not recommended.

Processor. Minimum: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 B60 3.3 GHz. Recommended Intel Core i7-3770 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-9370 4.4 GHz

Memory: 4GB RAM, 8GB recommended