Game-Labs Forum

We never lost...Mr Jeheil,we never lost Spaniards,Danes and Frenchies..and u know it!

pellasgos

It appears right there you are saying that despite having preformed admirably, or wonderfully, crushing opponents wherever they appeared, that you 'faded' away, and lost a large amount of ports. Which I think going from 120 ports, to however many it was before the most recent recovery(5/10?), is reasonable to call that something of a 'Loss'.

not necessarily a valid comparison, but Napoleon at one point controlled most of Europe (in one way or another), but in the end he lost it all, I'd like to see an argument he won that series of wars, outside of the fact he survived them all.

lol 5/10 most recover?look letter to the king +22 in a week , and now up to  like+ 30, again    you try to diminish us like Jeheil by a good 1/5 1/3 of our real success.  Must be an inferiority complex?  or is becouse we sieging jamaica again?

Yeah your issue is the non objectivity,  pirates owned for what 2/3 of the time, more territory then brits, but is not the ports that matter right? even if no other nation ever manage to reply such dominion on the map include brit. the problem is no other nation ever ruled for soo much  so if we need to make a recap and say who       won the period pre alliance, by maths of ports owned and time of such ownership and in general strenght in pvp fleets pirates clearly won.  I remember rubli destroyng an entire brit firsts fleet withouth a single loss, i remember sorry destroyng 2 usa first fleet and reducing them to impotence twice,  i remember sorry win vs brit firsts in carslile,          In general pirate where better more organized and really aggressive.      Even today sorry podw and other clan go attack brits in front of kpr winning battles with -40 -60% br,    Did we ever seen any brit fleets in front of mt dare to do the same?       never they know they will get rofltstomped thats say a lot..

Also pirates did their pvp and rampage alone, not in a coalition form.        Wake me up when brits will conquer 73 ports in 10 days as nations (we did as clan) and own 60% of map ALONE.

Also i dont know in wich hole Heatwhill lived all this time, but while he was going around in a privateer ganking traders, we have fight all pirates war expanding pirates nation and defending it, and i cant recall any period where pirates where reduced to few ports beside  2 months ago.       and by looking letter to the king 1-20     and some old screen, pirates always owned north haiti bahamas, south/north cuba since start of the server.

PVP wise now, podw sorry and other pirates clans are literally smashing any swedish british fleet even at their home sometimes in spectucular/humiliating ways,   like 1900 br vs 5000, or 8 podw vs 18 swedish i highyl suggest Jeheil to go check podw and sorry recruitment thread and see what happens pvp wise to brits and swedish at their home getting pwned by pirates.  Sorry captured 10 brits vic in the last 4 days, let me know when a brit clan or swedish one will do the same in front of mt, they try like HRE but when they come at mortimer they get destroyed (sheeps cant act like lions) , coalitions make people weaker.  Swedish was much better 2 months ago then now.  Be under pressure force ppl to play better and improve faster.  the new pirates are shaped by the stress situation the nations put them, and who sourvived is a much better motivated and strong player.

The average pirate clan now is vastly more competent in pvp then the other nations. beside some very small pvp clan.

I am also quite sure that in future pirates cant become again that strong unless we have a huge population,  the alliance system favour the nation and exclude pirates who do alliance out of game feature,  but no spanish can join a pirate port for defend it or dock into it :)        thats why pirates now hold less territory very concentrated around our capital and focus on attack 1 target at time, more for estabilish a base near to them for terrorize in ow, then the pb /port ownership (for us is more e necessity then something we wanna do)

• Like 1

Please tell me it isn't only me that thinks pellasgos and vicious were seperated at birth?

If no one likes "A letter to the King" then maybe you should spend YOUR time making your own, as simple as that.

Carry on.

Edited by Tac
  • Like 7

The only thing Jeheil is wrong on (not so much wrong but omitted a critical detail) is that he forgot to include the pirates against the Dutch. Pirates mysteriously appeared to blockade/harass dutch any time a flag was launched. I recall a few instances when you couldn't even get a ship out of Willemstad because of the blockades. They never seemed to attack the Spanish/Danes/French. They want to be a nation except when they don't want to be a nation and then they're not a nation anymore but they sort of are . . . I can't keep up with it.

It was nearly impossible to do any fighting around Coquibacoa because of the pirates. When the British did manage to show up to help early in the war, the pirates tied up a British 1st rate screening fleet bound for Cojoro to assist the dutch.

I guess they'll thump themselves on the back but, yeah, 5 on 1 against the dutch, Bravo and all that. British have gone into hiding until the port reset, currently losing ports in Jamaica of all places. USA is just far away, and might as well be the Chinese nation.

I thought overall it was a pretty accurate LTTK episode this week.

Yeah we did it but we retreated after 2-3 day of heavy presence,  since 5 vs 1 was pointless.   But yeah we were intercepting all britis firsts fleets wich tbn never where bigger then 15, strange how around kpr they undock 50 ppl but for help an allied they cant even master 1 fleet.

And in generally camping every dutc brits move from conquibacoa to fort orange

Please tell me it isn't only me that thinks pellasgos and vicious were seperated at birth?

If no one likes "A letter to the King" then maybe you should spend YOUR time making your own, as simple as that.

Carry on.

Is not question of liking or not liking,   is question of be precise

IS called objectivity man open letter to the king 1 and then 16, and tell me pirates not owned a lot for the longest period , the pre alliance war period end roughly at letter to the king 18? 19? so for 90% of the time pirates owned more then majority sometimes getting on top of brits or being 2nd.    Is mathematic  time/ownership.   Is not an opinion.  i am simply expecting Jeheil to be more honest and less funboy of his nation.

Only the weak need to hide the success of the others, but if you like we can all pretend pirates not ruled the server from charleston to panama, all of this never happened, is just fantasy.

• Like 2

You cannot claim that there are more british players on our home island than in south america. That's just silly. Besides, I remember the day the map was going to be painted black. I remember the AUSEZ-Clan going pirate to make some kind of "the mechanic is cracked"-statement which I never had understand. And british palyers taking a break because the funpart was burned out because of severall exploits. I was one of them.

So ... the map was black ... yes but so what? Your mate Otto is calling us a zerg nation anytime we take a few ports, but you zerged the whole map and you are proud of that. This is confusing. And leads me back to my last post. You did it, we did it (stopped because everyone was calling us unhealthy for the community), now the spaniards, french, danish and swedes did it. So what? Get over it. New round, have fun again.

Edited by Jonathan Arlington
  • Like 3

Is not question of liking or not liking,   is question of be precise

IS called objectivity man open letter to the king 1 and then 16, and tell me pirates not owned a lot for the longest period , the pre alliance war period end roughly at letter to the king 18? 19? so for 90% of the time pirates owned more then majority sometimes getting on top of brits or being 2nd.    Is mathematic  time/ownership.   Is not an opinion.  i am simply expecting Jeheil to be more honest and less funboy of his nation.

Only the weak need to hide the success of the others, but if you like we can all pretend pirates not ruled the server from charleston to panama, all of this never happened, is just fantasy.

Maybe he should go back and "edit them" because your subjective view differs to his,then he can go and edit the ones Pellasgos disagrees with,if it's not precise enough DON'T Watch them,OR make your own more precise version.

See how easy that was?

If we were to believe everyone everyone would be a zerg nation, and everyone would be a carebear nation and the best nation and the worst nation and so on and so on... I agree with hethwill here, this has become like seagulls fighting over some chips...

• Like 1

You cannot claim that there are more british players on our home island than in south america. That's just silly. Besides, I remember the day the map was going to be painted black. I remember the AUSEZ-Clan going pirate to make some kind of "the mechanic is cracked"-statement which I never had understand. And british palyers taking a break because the funpart was burned out because of severall exploits. I was one of them.

So ... the map was black ... yes but so what? Your mate Otto is calling us a zerg nation anytime we take a few ports, but you zerged the whole map and you are proud of that. This is confusing. And leads me back to my last post. You did it, we did it (stopped because everyone was calling us unhealthy for the community), now the spaniards, french, danish and swedes did it. So what? Get over it. New round, have fun again.

Nothing Jonathan simply was black, in a way or another. thats history   nobody can deny it, then we can found and agree or not agree on the reasons.  One if for example that my clan manage to have high pop when majority where losing numbers, but then it happened to us also.  Only recently we returned to good numbers 20-25 on peak time

Maybe he should go back and "edit them" because your subjective view differs to his,then he can go and edit the ones Pellasgos disagrees with,if it's not precise enough DON'T Watch them,OR make your own more precise version.

See how easy that was?

beside mine is not a subjective way, again go look letter to the king 1-16 pirates where on top of the list , is mathematic. you like it or not.. map ownership is not subjective for the same reason dutch lost this war, is not subjective when you reduced to 2 ports you lost like it or not.   Then we can agree it was done by 2 3 4 5 nations results is same. 

Afterall if pirates not where the strongest nations not needed to ally together 4-5  for diminish them :) and no i not was the cause becouse i not was playng during that 2 months all where attacking pirates, i left when pirates where at 120+ ports and returned when they where under siege

Nothing Jonathan simply was black, in a way or another. thats history   nobody can deny it, then we can found and agree or not agree on the reasons.  One if for example that my clan manage to have high pop when majority where losing numbers, but then it happened to us also.  Only recently we returned to good numbers 20-25 on peak time

beside mine is not a subjective way, again go look letter to the king 1-16 pirates where on top of the list , is mathematic. you like it or not.. map ownership is not subjective for the same reason dutch lost this war, is not subjective when you reduced to 2 ports you lost like it or not.   Then we can agree it was done by 2 3 4 5 nations results is same. 

Afterall if pirates not where the strongest nations not needed to ally together 4-5  for diminish them :) and no i not was the cause becouse i not was playng during that 2 months all where attacking pirates, i left when pirates where at 120+ ports and returned when they where under siege

I merely take it for what is,an enjoyable watch not a documentary.

lol 5/10 most recover?look letter to the king +22 in a week , and now up to  like+ 30, again    you try to diminish us like Jeheil by a good 1/5 1/3 of our real success.  Must be an inferiority complex?  or is becouse we sieging jamaica again?

Yeah your issue is the non objectivity,  pirates owned for what 2/3 of the time, more territory then brits, but is not the ports that matter right? 

The average pirate clan now is vastly more competent in pvp then the other nations. beside some very small pvp clan.

You evidently didn't read what I said, or at least didn't understand it, I never said the pirates didn't own most of the map, they did for a while, and because of the 'friendliness with the Danes' effectively owned approx 90% of it. 

What I am saying if that, just because you owned 2/3 of the ports for however many months, means little when you lost most of them afterwards. I remember personally, when the dutch took Little inagua, the swedes took Parrot cay, lorimers etc at that time the Pirates 'lost the war' in my opinion. I never said i was objective, but when i saw the pirates went from hegemony over the entire map to a few ports, it was damn like the collapse of the Soviet Union. This was all done in pre-alliance (if my memory serves me right). In your mind you may have won pre-alliance because at one point you controlled, well lets be honest - the entire map - for a good portion of that time. But to me It means nothing to have controlled the map for so long, only to lose most of those gains it at the end of the era. Have the Pirates recovered? yes i think pirate 1st rates outside of KPR is evidence enough of that, and though to an extent i'm glad to see them back (mainly for the PvP) This recovery is all post alliance patch, which is outside the scope of what jeheil, and I was argueing

also I left the last point because its true, in fact you bringing up the siege of Jamaica, I think its a good thing, It will hopefully get some of the lazier brits off their seat cushions, and will hopefully result in some good PvP

Edited by 3rdguards
  • Like 1

If memory serves, you ruled the Bahamas and the Coast of the US.... The Brits have controlled Panama through to Mexico for a majority if not entirety of the servers life time... Now, that's not saying that the Pirates haven't controlled huge swaths of territory, and I +1 to that as the Pirates have time and time again proved to be more than worthy opponents.4

And Based on your standards, you should be showing the Brits the same respect, as we currently control the largest number of ports on the map. Its a game of give and take Vicious. If you want respect you have to give it.

Never seen the pirates get forced all the way back to mortimer. Always baracoa and cayman brac, coqui, sunbury, plymouth, plenty of ports.

Do you really intend to make that argument (including all those freetowns)?

Because if that is what you want to do, then the following arguments can also be made:

---The Spanish were never pushed all the way back to Habana because "baracoa and cayman brac, coqui, sunbury, plymouth, plenty of ports".

---The US was never pushed all the way back to Charleston because "baracoa and cayman brac, coqui, sunbury, plymouth, plenty of ports".

---The British were never pushed all the way back to KPR because "baracoa and cayman brac, coqui, sunbury, plymouth, plenty of ports".

---The Dutch were never pushed back all the way to their capital because "baracoa and cayman brac, coqui, sunbury, plymouth, plenty of ports".

I remember a time when we, the british declaired winning the war against spain. Spain was like "Nooo, we never surrender!"

Than we did what you did in this war. We started to take one port piece by piece until Spain had five ports left. Then we talked again to Spain declairing that we obviously won. Spain again:"No! Never!" and the allies were like "Zerg Nation!"

Well... Here we are. You did the same to the Dutch. You zerged them to less then five ports. You declaired Victory. They are like "No!"

Same story.

So what is this post about. Some of you may think it's about "Ah! You are baaaad and hypocrite" but, no.... I'm over with you did,but you first, you more, Yadayadayada... No. This post is just a reminder. That no side is really better then the other. All the anger in here is about pixels on both sides. Pixel nations and instead of divergenting in pixel-nation-communities we should start to act like one community fighting in pixel-nations against the other but for fun. It couldn't be healthy for this game that every time a nation read angerfull propaganda this nation is feeling upset, shooting back and retour.

There is no use in discussing whether Dutch lost because there is no end of the war. There may be casefires but nether an end.

Gentlemen, we PLAY the war in this game. It's like the napoleonic war. Enimies turn to allies or are forced to be. Then allies are turning for their own good or because they feel the time is ready to crush the forced ally-chains.

So... This round was for the "DSSF maybe... well obviously helped by pirates" ally No matter why. So what?

Wipe is coming in the next rounds. And then? New anger? New "We won." "No never!" Well as I proved every side was in former days in the exact same position then the other one and therefore I declaire the following for myself.

Every playerbase of every pixel-nation is so much different to the others than they maybe believe. Every side was in the same shoes of the enemy or will be or be again.

So... time for something new. Maybe we can have some cool fights in the future and after the fight we can shake hands and have a new round.

I start. Nice advantage Spain. You learned to manage your fleet. Danemark, everytime fun to meet you at the waves. Unfortunately I didn't have the honour to fight against the other Pixel flags. But at least, good coordination mates.

So, Wipe is comming.... We regroup, we train our lines, we are planning our tactic with our honourfull allies and then... Beware Spain... Beware.... And have fun. :-)

Be sure I will...

o7

When the Dutch population is equal to, or slightly bigger than, the spanish and french...its not zerging.

You escaped leaving your ally to die

Yes, when asked by him to do this, outnumbered a few times :) Lord Vicious meanwhile escaped when he had an advantage.

When the Dutch population is equal to, or slightly bigger than, the spanish and french...its not zerging.

You're wrong about numbers mate:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16750-alliances-and-the-player-base/

And now people are referencing that thread as though it's some scientific study. As if the assumptions made and cherry-picking information wasn't bad enough already.

The idiocy is palpable.

Edited by Guest

This data is in line with observations. Number of active players in RvR is similar in Dutch, French and Spanish nations, as they can all field an average of 1 active fleet, sometimes 2. It's higher in GB and Pirate nations. I fought a long time ago against Swedes, however it seems they have a bit more active players as well. As for Danes, I can't tell.

Claiming that Dutch nation is larger than France and Spain combined, even though being a nice complement, is wrong.

This data is in line with observations. Number of active players in RvR is similar in Dutch, French and Spanish nations, as they can all field an average of 1 active fleet, sometimes 2. It's higher in GB and Pirate nations. I fought a long time ago against Swedes, however it seems they have a bit more active players as well. As for Danes, I can't tell.

Claiming that Dutch nation is larger than France and Spain combined, even though being a nice complement, is wrong.

While your last sentence is indeed accurate, it doesn't justify the rest of the data. Just for starters, it implies that the Swedes have as many 'active RvR players' as the Brits - even though they have completely stopped doing RvR ever since the pirate campaign ended. Does that not seem ludicrous to you?

I don't claim Swedes have more active players than Brits, maybe I wrote not clear enough. According to what I saw a long time ago, they have more active players than Dutch. This might have changed, as I didn't fight with or against them for some time.

I've seen TS's of 4 nations so far, and shaeberle84's data seems about right. There's no point of discussing it further. Everyone can believe what he wants :)