Game-Labs Forum

We never lost...Mr Jeheil,we never lost Spaniards,Danes and Frenchies..and u know it!

pellasgos

Dear Mr Jeheil,

Thank you for your informative episode 28...but you are forcing me to come here once more and declare it once more!

We ,the Dutch nation haven't lost the alliances war ,we never lost a single war and you are really misinformed in your last episode.

I am really curious why you claim defeat for the British and dutch nations and victory for the swedes,Danes,french,Spaniards???

Why?We know that you are gathering information's from sources from all nations but who told you that we lost??Was it the Danes who told you that?Was it the Spaniards?Was it the French or maybe the Swedes?Where did you get your information's from?

Did someone from the Dutch nation admitted defeat and if yes can you please name the player who did that?

Or did you check the map and you decided that since the Dutch have 2 ports then that means that they are defeated....???We would like a clear answer on these questions.

Do you really know what happened?Do you know why the Dutch decided to stop fighting or you just make assumptions of what actually has happened?

I respect your job to promote and show the history in this game in a weekly basis but unfortunately i think you got it all wrong here matey,,,

We watched your episode and let me tell you this...you really frustrated a big portion of the Dutch nation!!!

You used words that really made our day....

Let me inform you that we never lost morale or spirit...neither in the west or east...and on top of that you are using words like "collapse","pushed back","2 ports","leak the wounds",etc etc.

Why are you trying to frustrate us?

Let me correct you a little bit by writing one more time what has happened...

We kicked their asses...this is what happened matey....We embarrassed them all 4 of them...and it wasnt even 4v2 it was 5 v 1,5 maybe not even 1.5 and i use 1.5 because the British nation except a specific number of captains who assisted us in the west the rest of the British nation was sailing outside Jamaica doing missions...and i say 5 v 1.5 because i count the 2 pirate fleets down here..

What have they done and we lost....apart from capturing empty ports???None of them could force us to stop fighting ...we haven't stop playing because we were loosing ...

I am going to use my beautiful capital letters now in order to emphasize what i want to tell you and dont take it as a shouting and but i would like to show it to our enemies too big letters and finish this matter once and for all!!!

WE STOPPED FIGHTING BECAUSE THE DEVS ANNOUNCED THAT BY THE END OF SEPTEMBER START OF OCTOBER WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A MAP RESET AND SINCE THAT WAS OFFICIAL WE DECIDED AFTER THE EXPLOITATION OF THE FLAG SYSTEM BY THE SPANIARDS AND DANES TO STOP FIGHTING...

and let me explain you our decision behind that...

When you are a dutch captain fighting vs 5 different enemies part of your strategy is to limitize the number and the capabilities of your enemies...

So pushing the Spaniards back to one port(Baranquila) ,kicking out the Danes from the whole south and focusing to the frenchies and pirates in our waters was the right strategy do you agree or not?In any case either you agree or not...we did that!!!

After weeks of constant fighting with so many enemies we ACHIEVED to kick out the Danes!!! We ACHIEVED to push back the Spaniards in one port and block them there for days!!!We ACHIEVED TO CAPTURE one port on the east and craft numerous flags against the French!!!We ACHIEVED TO DO ALL THESE THINGS WHILE fighting with pirates fleets too!!!

WHO IS THE REAL WINNER HERE SO FAR?Is it them or us embarrassing them all????

We simply stopped fighting since the mechanics of the game allow the exploitation of trading the damn flags....That was THEIR ACHIEVEMENT!!!

Do you understand how much you frustrate us with your ignorant video today?

What else have they done? They captured our empty ports!!!That was THEIR ACHIEVEMENT TOO...

and we let them capture them simply because we refused to spend resources and money for pointless ports which are going to be reseted and go back to Spain in less than a week...

...and you are coming today and you are using words to frustrate a whole nation...and i believe and all those British and American captains who spend hours and hours in daily basis to support out cause...

How in hell you are awarding them victory??? I didn't see you awarding us victory when we made France 3 port nation...I didnt see you awarding us victory when we beat them in the summer in Haiti and Cuba....and who told you that the war is over????I can assure you ...its not OVER JUST YET!

I really dont know if you are working or not for this company in order to promote the game...i dont know if you are just a youtuber , in any case i am fan of your episodes ,i am one of your subscribers but today you really made us and me personally crazy especially when i saw the crying emoticon...!!!Really now???

If you are working for the company then i need to advice you to be more careful when you are trying to describe the wars...if you are just a youtuber then please accept my criticism!

I understand you are an australian captain and you are playing in a different timezone but please be more careful when you gather informations.

Finally in order to end this post....i would like to send my message to the danes,spaniards and frenchies...

YOU NEVER BEAT US...WE NEVER LOST...YOU HAVE BEEN BEATEN....AND YOU HAVE LOST....

Congratulations for the empty ports ,congratulations for convincing your communities that you beat us...but in order to beat someone you need to do it in battle not in THE EMPTY PORT CONTEST!!! If we were beaten you ignorant fools you would post screenshots with full 25 ships fleets lost ....we on the other hand we have plenty....

You need to say thank you to the devs for saving you from further embarrassment!!!!

With respect to Jeheil,

Cpt Pellasgos o7

PS1.The episode is here for those who havent watched it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v-FcotNf64

ps2.trolls and haters feel free to come and post your hate.

ps3.and yes we have a big ego in the Dutch nation...and its not the only big thing we have...

ps4.thank you my babies...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SywDBIAqpUQ

LIAR

So if a pangolin fought an aardvark, who would win?

And I mean fisticuffs, not a 'the pangolin left all the ants nests for the aardvark, but doesn't count it as a win because the rain season would force all the ants to the surface in a matter of days anyways' kind of win, because that's up to personal interpretation.

So if a pangolin fought an aardvark, who would win?

And I mean fisticuffs, not a 'the pangolin left all the ants nests for the aardvark, but doesn't count it as a win because the rain season would force all the ants to the surface in a matter of days anyways' kind of win, because that's up to personal interpretation.

The pangolin has scales...end of story...

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

I think the problem here and in the past is the difference of being Defeated and losing a War.

If a nation is Defeated they surrender and agree to terms and conditions dictated by the other side. They have no choice in this.

You can lose the war, (What happened to the Dutch and Brits this time) and (Spain France Danes and Pirates last time). Though they lost the War they where still in a position to negotiate terms of a cease fire or break in the fighting. Or just keep on fighting with one port. and wait out the attackers. (US with Pirates).

Now there are no absolutes here, you can always say "well I never gave up" but in a game world thats pretty easy.

Edited by Nikodemus
  • Like 1

The pangolin has scales...end of story...

Well yeah, but it's the pangolin's 30-odd kilos against 60-80 for the aardvark, I'm not convinced that armoured scales can even those odds.

Edit - After consulting with the World Wildlife Wrestling Federation (WWWF) the Aardvark has been moved up a weight division, and the pangolin will instead face an armadillo.

Edited by Guest

Well yeah, but it's the pangolin's 30-odd kilos against 60-80 for the aardvark, I'm not convinced that armoured scales can even those odds.

who would win between a rattle armored like a buc and a buc armored like a rattle?

Edit - After consulting with the World Wildlife Wrestling Federation (WWWF) the Aardvark has been moved up a weight division, and the pangolin will instead face an armadillo.

Edit: now thats a match i'd like to see

Edited by Tenakha Kan

Because we can't "destroy" a nation by taking their capital port you can never really win. Nonetheless, taking a nation down to it's last Capital port is the closest thing there is to "winning." So in my view you can continue fighting all the time, but the Dutch nation did lose the war in the long run. The Dutch nation players fought incredibly bravely, and from what I heard, were always in high spirits.

• Like 2

what about those?

Non-biological additions are considered to be on par with doping and steroids, and is shunned accordingly.

If it ain't keratin, it ain't right!

Edited by Guest

was about to post some cute cats to improve this topic but decided to be serious this time...

If you cant admit defeat how will you get better? i mean if you cant see your own mistakes how will you change your actions for the future?... you might be stuck mediocre or just plain bad for good...

200.gif

this topic still needed some cats

• Like 11

Eeeep.

So firstly, Pellasgos, i have sailed under your battle command a number of times and as a Port Battle commander I hold you right up there with the best of them. I hope to sail with you again one day, so I really hope I haven't personally upset you or created an enemy.

Now onto MY OPINION that the war as it was under this 'new alliances' patch was lost. I am an old hand, I have played since the days of the X80Z and have enjoyed many persistent MMO's. So I really do understand that in a perpetual PvP server that unless there is an 'action' you can take to 'actually' take the last port, capture the last flag, kill the last foe there is no real win or loss.

But I look at the long game. Over the last say 4-6 months we can split this time into two major campaigns. The "grand alliance" war, a player made alliance where IN MY OPINION, France, the Danes, Spain (and in separate actions the Pirates) can be seen to have lost that "War" or as I try to refer to it in my L2tK episode "Chapter".

I make very clear then in this "chapter" that a major factor is the looming Port Reset. I also, in my opinion, point out that winning is a smowball where more folks jump on board and losing is a spiral where folks look for reasons for the action "not to matter". I truly believe that this chapter concluded when the French, Danes and Spanish decided enough was enough (as happened in the three Admirals treaty). Now I know you reject this position. As did several core Spanish players with the 3 admirals treaty. However, from a helicopter view of the map....from seeing what has transpired over the last 2 weeks, there really is, in my opinion, an opinion that carries no more authority than any single player in the community, only one conclusion.

Of course, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one, so ya know, don't get too upset by this one.

Again, I stress, I have fought and won, fought and lost in many battles with the Dutch nation, waking up at 4am on the weekend !! to help in the war effort (much to Mrs J's chagrin) I cannot imagine what more I could have done as a British ally in my timezone to assist you directly and more importantly the Dutch nation as part of our alliance. So I really hope we can still sail together and I am not carrying a black spot with you or in general the Dutch nation.

Until next time. o7.

One small edit : I have no connection at all to any gaming company beyond being a fan and enthusiast for games development in general and Naval Action (among others) in particular. 

First of all i would like to say Mr Jeheil thank you for you quick reply,

I also need to clarify from the start that  you haven't created an enemy ,neither with me personally and neither with the Dutch nation as a whole i want to believe ...but you did upset us and that is why i have been forced from your last episode to come here and write a thread-protest full of criticism.

I respect the fact that you are a person with great experience and mature but so do we or at least some of us ...(from the period of Hyundai 16v and ms graphic solutions disks since you are from the ZX80 :))... and for this reason we or i came here to protest and inform you that your approach to the outcome of the this game so far is at least unfair towards the dutch nation ,the British nation and the American nation and i only mean your last episode.

Of course I cant speak for the last 2 nations but i can speak for many dutch captains who watched this episode that we feel that the "helicopter "view you mentioned is at least unfair...

The fact you used a "helicopter" approach doesn't make you our enemy ...its your way of viewing things but we the dutch since we are the victims of your approach ,we wrote this thread in order to state clearly what has bothered  us and write constructive criticism by asking you specific questions...and on the same time to tell you loud that we strongly disagree with your helicopter....

We are not fighting in the clouds...we are fighting on the sea...in the ports ...on the ground...on the ships so you need to approach us the players and get a better understanding.I mean really you believed that the spanish beat us?That the danes and the french beat us?They couldnt do it for weeks and suddenly they captured all the ports?Really now...???I would propably be in a hospital with 2 heart attacks before if i would ever see the damned croissants outside willemstad with the spanish paejias!!! Not even in their dreams they cant beat us...!!! :)

Yes we agree with you that  opinions are like arseholes we all have one...and that's why we are upset with your last episode...because we never expected from you and we never before seen you embarrassing a nation so openly like you did in the last one...we respect your opinion and you personally but we strongly disagree.

Of course you might want to ask why you are so offended...well the answer is simple...we have been targeted as a nation both in game and forums...we spend hours of our life in this game fighting sailing etc ,and we get the helicopter????? naaahhh we dont like that mate...opinions are like arseholes but sometimes a kick on those arseholes help to realise some things...

I also find it weird that you are trying to compare a peace treaty and a cease fire (3 admirals treaty) with your statement about this war but anyway each person uses his or her own criteria...

In any case even though we became upset with your opinion we have been enforced to come here in this forum and declare things once and for all ,we declared exactly what happened because sometimes its better to search more in depth than use the helicopter...you will discover more interesting things which can help you spot the problems in an alfa stage game...point them out publish them and make people aware!Some people might agree with your opinion or mine ...who cares in the end of the day...but the difference with you is that you use a tool to spread the news while we the players dont...so we wanted you to understand that you did a great mistake on your last episode!

We would love and i more than anyone else to see you sailing with us,fight with us  as you did in the past and even if you become an enemy in game one day we will treat you as a friendly foe  with respect ,nothing more and nothing less!

Finally thank you for informing me that you are  fan and an enthusiast ,i have a better picture about you now... i really didnt know and i was always curious so the only thing i would like to tell you is that keep making the episodes with the letters to the king ,keep sailing and fighting , just listen to my advice...and dont use the helicopter...both we and you dont deserve it.Thank you for listening and replying.

with respect

Pellasgos o7

• Like 1

<group hug>

I look forward to sailing with (or even against you) again sir.

I think we shall have to agree to differ on our perspectives as to where we are 'war' wise.....indeed I look forward to being surprised....should the patch of uncertainty not arrive for a few weeks....would give me something for episodes 29 and 30...which to be honest may require me to include my review of Westworld.

• Like 1

"Finally thank you for informing me that you are fan and an enthusiast ,i have a better picture about you now... i really didnt know and i was always curious so the only thing i would like to tell you is that keep making the episodes with the letters to the king ,keep sailing and fighting , just listen to my advice."

Jeheil I'm not actually sure if he is thanking you for being a fan and enthusiast of "the game" or more likely himself.

I think there should be an automatic spell check replacing every time the word "Dutch" appears in his post to "my clan",maybe he should make an alternative version to yours called " A letter to myself" the early years in the asylum.

• Like 8

Pellasgos, to win or loose a war, one has to fight it, I agree. However, if one party calls it quits does the other party automatically win? Jeheil, if one party declares a win does the other party automatically lose?

Discussions like this are, like Jeheil suggested in his answers, mere biased opinions and, if I may add, the result of the game mechanics not providing good win conditions yet within the new alliance / war mechanics we needed to test. Admin, I hope you guys are willing to look into this mechanic a bit in the future/ before release to provide a win condition of some sorts within the mechanics; I find threads like these and those threads before, ample sources of community test results on the new mechanics, to warrant me suggesting such a win-condition feature.

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 2