Game-Labs Forum

We never lost...Mr Jeheil,we never lost Spaniards,Danes and Frenchies..and u know it!

pellasgos

Hi,

I would like to see ostracism introduced in the game, a secret island on a different server where players can be banned if their behaviour is embarrasing to the others sailing under the same flag.

Grtzzz Bubbles

A sub-tab in the alliance voting system allowing each nation to nominate one player to be sent to the new rookie region for a couple of days. :D

Hi,

I would like to see ostracism introduced in the game, a secret island on a different server where players can be banned if their behaviour is embarrasing to the others sailing under the same flag.

Grtzzz Bubbles

i totally agree with this statement...

we need this system...maybe this way will get rid of noobs and failures from this nation...

you see ...this is our difference...some of us dont bend over and some others have it as a daily habit...keep bowing ...we dont !!!

You need to think again of who is really embarrassing the dutch nation...the fact that you are a dutch in real life doesn't make you and the other dutch captains better or with more privileges in this nation...you should know that...its a game!!!

So i strongly recommend to you and to some of your friends that with your nationalistic approach to a game its just pure rubbish for us and you embarrass your nation with this behavior!

after all...we still remember your embarrassing leadership back on time...

stay here and add your name next to the trolls...

who cares...we play the game ...so stay out of our way...

we made an agreement and you are keep violating it ...

ps. eksostrakismos  is more right than ostrakismos... ekso = out!  but what should i expect from a wikipedia reader...

<group hug>

I look forward to sailing with (or even against you) again sir.

I think we shall have to agree to differ on our perspectives as to where we are 'war' wise.....indeed I look forward to being surprised....should the patch of uncertainty not arrive for a few weeks....would give me something for episodes 29 and 30...which to be honest may require me to include my review of Westworld.

o7   :)

Hi,

Grtzzz Bubbles

Would love to see that. This kindergarten becomes an

embarrassment for our nation.

• Like 3

I remember a time when we, the british declaired winning the war against spain. Spain was like "Nooo, we never surrender!"

Than we did what you did in this war. We started to take one port piece by piece until Spain had five ports left. Then we talked again to Spain declairing that we obviously won. Spain again:"No! Never!" and the allies were like "Zerg Nation!"

Well... Here we are. You did the same to the Dutch. You zerged them to less then five ports. You declaired Victory. They are like "No!"

Same story.

So what is this post about. Some of you may think it's about "Ah! You are baaaad and hypocrite" but, no.... I'm over with you did,but you first, you more, Yadayadayada... No. This post is just a reminder. That no side is really better then the other. All the anger in here is about pixels on both sides. Pixel nations and instead of divergenting in pixel-nation-communities we should start to act like one community fighting in pixel-nations against the other but for fun. It couldn't be healthy for this game that every time a nation read angerfull propaganda this nation is feeling upset, shooting back and retour.

There is no use in discussing whether Dutch lost because there is no end of the war. There may be casefires but nether an end.

Gentlemen, we PLAY the war in this game. It's like the napoleonic war. Enimies turn to allies or are forced to be. Then allies are turning for their own good or because they feel the time is ready to crush the forced ally-chains.

So... This round was for the "DSSF maybe... well obviously helped by pirates" ally No matter why. So what?

Wipe is coming in the next rounds. And then? New anger? New "We won." "No never!" Well as I proved every side was in former days in the exact same position then the other one and therefore I declaire the following for myself.

Every playerbase of every pixel-nation is so much different to the others than they maybe believe. Every side was in the same shoes of the enemy or will be or be again.

So... time for something new. Maybe we can have some cool fights in the future and after the fight we can shake hands and have a new round.

I start. Nice advantage Spain. You learned to manage your fleet. Danemark, everytime fun to meet you at the waves. Unfortunately I didn't have the honour to fight against the other Pixel flags. But at least, good coordination mates.

So, Wipe is comming.... We regroup, we train our lines, we are planning our tactic with our honourfull allies and then... Beware Spain... Beware.... And have fun. :-)

Be sure I will...

o7

• Like 6

Obviously you don´t know what are you talking about.

Or you have not read the Spanish Council statement or did you deliberately ignored it. We have not declared any time winning anything.

The spanish statement said:   

El Reino de España

Announces Through her Representatives

The Most Noble and August Clans:

RAE, EI, CELTI, BIC, CORSO, CAZA, COSA etc.

The End of the Dutch Campaign

The Spanish faction considers the Dutch Campaign over.  Therefore unilaterally and without conditions Spain declares she will not contest any ports to the East of Cabo de La Vela.  All Spanish ports West of Cabo de la Vela will remain under Spanish control until further negotiations.  Spain needs until Monday to remove our fleet from the affected ports and so asks the Dutch not to take those ports until that date.  The Spanish captains wish to have it known that they believe the Dutch fight well and bravely and they consider them a worthy adversary.  Spain also hopes for a future where she and the United Provinces might one day work together in achieving mutual goals.

El Consejo Español

Lesser_Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_Spain_1700_

Obviously, what you think that was declaired, what others wrote in the other thread you are talking about and what was shown and then unterstand and on topic discussed in this very other thread are two things. So yes, I know what I am talking about.

The poor thing is you ignore what my post was about. Sad...

Edited by Jonathan Arlington

Eeeep.

So firstly, Pellasgos, i have sailed under your battle command a number of times and as a Port Battle commander I hold you right up there with the best of them. I hope to sail with you again one day, so I really hope I haven't personally upset you or created an enemy.

Now onto MY OPINION that the war as it was under this 'new alliances' patch was lost. I am an old hand, I have played since the days of the ZX80 and have enjoyed many persistent MMO's. So I really do understand that in a perpetual PvP server that unless there is an 'action' you can take to 'actually' take the last port, capture the last flag, kill the last foe there is no real win or loss.

But I look at the long game. Over the last say 4-6 months we can split this time into two major campaigns. The "grand alliance" war, a player made alliance where IN MY OPINION, France, the Danes, Spain (and in separate actions the Pirates) can be seen to have lost that "War" or as I try to refer to it in my L2tK episode "Chapter".

I make very clear then in this "chapter" that a major factor is the looming Port Reset. I also, in my opinion, point out that winning is a smowball where more folks jump on board and losing is a spiral where folks look for reasons for the action "not to matter". I truly believe that this chapter concluded when the French, Danes and Spanish decided enough was enough (as happened in the three Admirals treaty). Now I know you reject this position. As did several core Spanish players with the 3 admirals treaty. However, from a helicopter view of the map....from seeing what has transpired over the last 2 weeks, there really is, in my opinion, an opinion that carries no more authority than any single player in the community, only one conclusion.

Of course, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one, so ya know, don't get too upset by this one.

Again, I stress, I have fought and won, fought and lost in many battles with the Dutch nation, waking up at 4am on the weekend !! to help in the war effort (much to Mrs J's chagrin) I cannot imagine what more I could have done as a British ally in my timezone to assist you directly and more importantly the Dutch nation as part of our alliance. So I really hope we can still sail together and I am not carrying a black spot with you or in general the Dutch nation.

Until next time. o7.

One small edit : I have no connection at all to any gaming company beyond being a fan and enthusiast for games development in general and Naval Action (among others) in particular. 

How exactly pirate lost  the pre alliance erA? when for 80% of time of the server pirates owned  majority of ports, and peaked at 122 a number no other nation not even brit ever reached? going from charleston usa capital to west east florida gulf of mexico, all bahamas,  nord cuba, north tahiti,     down to panama?  and sometimes even owning all ports in jamaica?  cant recall brits owning all around mt or owning 122 ports, in the entire game history.  Or camping our capital with a first rate fleet day and night like sorry did on carslile. Sorry alone conquered 73 ports in 2 weeks, a number that not even brit as a nation that back then was able to form up 4 fleet full ever manage to reach.    And pirates where doing that pretty much alone not in huge coalitions.

Look your own letter to the king lol

pirates faded away only in last 2 months  of 6-7 months of pre-alliance patch  with koto as clan dead, and sorry-rubly inactive and under attack of brits usa swedish dutch and later even other nations like france-danes supported the attackers    

from letter to the king 1 to letter to the king 15-16, pirates have hold the majority of ports or was in the top 1-2  nations you made 27 letter to the king?  even at 17-20 pirates where still holding gulf of mexico so how the hell pirates lost the pre-alliance patch era? LOl thats mathematic not opinion.  Mats not lie. So stop being a brit fun and go back check facts.

call me when brits will own what 60% of the map ?

pirateslol.jpg

pirates faded away only in last 2 months  of 6-7 months of pre-alliance patch  with koto as clan dead, and sorry-rubly inactive and under attack of brits usa swedish dutch and later even other nations like france-danes supported the attackers    

It appears right there you are saying that despite having preformed admirably, or wonderfully, crushing opponents wherever they appeared, that you 'faded' away, and lost a large amount of ports. Which I think going from 120 ports, to however many it was before the most recent recovery(5/10?), is reasonable to call that something of a 'Loss'.

not necessarily a valid comparison, but Napoleon at one point controlled most of Europe (in one way or another), but in the end he lost it all, I'd like to see an argument he won that series of wars, outside of the fact he survived them all.

Edited by 3rdguards
  • Like 2

It appears right there you are saying that despite having preformed admirably, or wonderfully, crushing opponents wherever they appeared, that you 'faded' away, and lost a large amount of ports. Which I think going from 120 ports, to however many it was before the most recent recovery(5/10?), is reasonable to call that something of a 'Loss'.

^^^^ is exactly the point I made.

• Like 1

Problem is the letter to the king only looks at port ownership and port battles. Which is perfectly fine for nations but, doesn't look at all the PvP that goes on. Maybe a bit here and there about the ganking around the capitals and such. And I'll admit it'd be damn hard for any 1 player of any group to follow every little bit of combat that goes on 24/7 on the server, it'd be ludicrous to do so.

I don't really see the gains of the americans over the pirates as any sort of loss. It's a pretty common theme if you look at it. Pirates attacked and held Jamaica, The british quit playing. The pirates went to the Americans. The americans quit playing, so the pirates went to the dutch. The dutch quit playing, now the pirates will go elsewhere. Ports schmorts.

If your scoreboard is governed by however many ports you own, shouldn't play a pirate.

• Like 1

Pirates have been reduced to MT and a couple of ports two times, the most recent United Nations war versus the pirate "nation" ( lol ) and once even before the "US civil war".

Memories are indeed very short. Not that it matters though :), BallsofSteel has it right.

Never seen the pirates get forced all the way back to mortimer. Always baracoa and cayman brac, coqui, sunbury, plymouth, plenty of ports.

Absolutely. Ironman outlaw mode needed for pyrates as an alternative to Pirate Nation.

• Like 1