Game-Labs Forum

Remove loss of durability from Small/Large battles under missions

Small/Large Battles  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should durability (and crew) be lost when sinking in a Smalk/Large battle (in the missions tab)

• Yes
    • No

Now, I have not done a small battle under the mission tab in a while, so I'm not sure what has changed. If there is no dur loss anymore, remove this topic please.

After reading multiple topics, it seems many want quick access to large battles.

NA already has that, in the missions tab, the small & large battles.

But it is not utilized.

I used to do small battles but quit due to all the basic cutters showing up.

Should loss of durability and crew on sinking be removed from these battles?

What would also be nice, and hopefully implemented in the future, is a lobby where, up to a certain BR met, you can choose sides, or create your own lobby (like skirmishes in POTBS)

If loss of durability is removed, maybe this could also be brought to the PVE server for those players to dabble in PVP?

Edited by Anne Wildcat
  • Like 3

I believe people would keep playing this game for longer if they could dip in for 30-60mins and have a fun 3v3, or 6v6, instead of the 2-10 hours its takes if you join up for a port defense or attack. It is a shame the Tournament room is not available to try this. I also think there should be no Dura loss and very little gold (enough to cover repair if you win, but not lose).  It would mean people would bring 1st rates in.

• Like 1

I believe people would keep playing this game for longer if they could dip in for 30-60mins and have a fun 3v3, or 6v6, instead of the 2-10 hours its takes if you join up for a port defense or attack. It is a shame the Tournament room is not available to try this. I also think there should be no Dura loss and very little gold (enough to cover repair if you win, but not lose).  It would mean people would bring 1st rates in.

i am agree with you mate ; i think that many more people will join small and large battle if there are no loss like in many other games, maybe if u got damage on ur ship u have to repair that only this, and if u sank with ur first rate u have only to repair that for 100k or so... BUT if u do massive damage u got some $.. this will be awesome imho.

if i got only 1h to play i ll never play NA atm... only for find some bad PvP u need to sail for 30 min at least; with fast large or small battle i will instead enjoy this beatiful game more when i have less time to play! but atm i cant join small battle in my Santi cause the risk of lose it.

imagine a fast placed battle with 10v10 first second and frigate or 15v15 , that would be cool and if u win u can also earn some money 

• Like 1

Missions are how you learn - and it can be a brutal reminder of not getting in over your head - especially with Fleet Missions...  Without the 'permanent' damage, you would never start to appreciate the difference between Fir and Live Oak construction.  Or why you don't go toe-to-toe with a much bigger ship - but rather use tactics to avoid the brutal broadsides.

Missions are how you learn - and it can be a brutal reminder of not getting in over your head - especially with Fleet Missions...  Without the 'permanent' damage, you would never start to appreciate the difference between Fir and Live Oak construction.  Or why you don't go toe-to-toe with a much bigger ship - but rather use tactics to avoid the brutal broadsides.

Definitely durability should be lost if you sink during a mission. I'm just suggesting, to hopefully bring more back to the small/large battles and satisfy those complaining about no action, remove the loss of durability when sinking in a large/small battle (not a battle on the open world but the small/large battles found in the missions tab).

Semi-off topic, are the weekend trifagulars still happening?

i am agree with you mate ; i think that many more people will join small and large battle if there are no loss like in many other games, maybe if u got damage on ur ship u have to repair that only this, and if u sank with ur first rate u have only to repair that for 100k or so... BUT if u do massive damage u got some $.. this will be awesome imho.

if i got only 1h to play i ll never play NA atm... only for find some bad PvP u need to sail for 30 min at least; with fast large or small battle i will instead enjoy this beatiful game more when i have less time to play! but atm i cant join small battle in my Santi cause the risk of lose it.

imagine a fast placed battle with 10v10 first second and frigate or 15v15 , that would be cool and if u win u can also earn some money 

I think the Devs are missing out what makes this game really good, reasonably even fights against real people. Just give it a MM like WoWships so only certain number of each ship can be on each side and away we go. We can still delve into the OW and map functions when we have the time. I do not think it would be hard to add and cater for that type of purchaser of the game.

• Like 1

While I can see the usefulness of an arena style that is NOT the reason why I bought the game and I am sure the majority will profess the same. Actually it was exactly the absence of it that made me do it. The promise of open world, sand box :)

But a Sea Trials little niche could benefit down the road.

• Like 2

While I can see the usefulness of an arena style that is NOT the reason why I bought the game and I am sure the majority will profess the same. Actually it was exactly the absence of it that made me do it. The promise of open world, sand box :)

But a Sea Trials little niche could benefit down the road.

i agree with , the open world and rvr and other cool things related to the map are fantastic and they bring me here; but at the same time they take away too much time and life is short we know... so yes, open world is cool but when i got only 1 hour to play a matchmaking without loss of durability would be awesome! (still pay for repairs and be paid for dmg u do)

Some of these comments seem to want rewards for nothing. No gain should come with out risk. You want to get coin for the damage you do, then expect risk of loss. Take out all rewards if you want to keep the dura if you sink.

I agree, if you remove loss of dur, you also need to remove rewards for damage.

why not put reward for dmg dealt and repair fee for dmg received??? just like in world of warship(only an example)... i mean id like to make some gorgeus battle in my santisima just click on a button while im docked in mortimer town and now it is not possible cause of the loss of the dura... guys if i have not enough time to sail everywhere and do some OW PvP i should have the possibility to have fun in 20-30 min in small battle or large battle ( imho they can also merge this 2 mods ;)

• 3 weeks later...