Game-Labs Forum

Please Restore the Social Perk

@ Fox2run you want fair big battles. Why you don't participate in port battles? The purpose of them is to create big even fights....

And don't attack ports that are fair away from everything.

Edited by z4ys

If it is such a waste of time then don't do it. 

You say you are talking about the social aspect of the game? 

I'd say the social aspect of the game is to sail with your buddies and be on TS chatting and having fun. Which is exactly what i described in my 1st post.

You claim the "ONLY" players that like 2 min timers is people with too much sparetime and those who are afraid of meeting a larger force and the people that like empty PB's.

Dude, you have absolutely no idea what you be talking about. Our little group more often than not meet a larger force when we go raiding, and you know what? We usually attack that larger force. 
I know a ton of veteran players that do what we do. We have fun, we enjoy the social aspect of the game. 

Furthermore my group/clan only go to PB's where we expect enemies to show up. Why? 
Because playing an empty Port Battle isn't fun. 

Btw. The ones with too much sparetime are the ones that bring 25 ship revenge fleet out to some place where there is a battle and then sit there for the next hour hoping for the enemies to jump out of Battle Result screen. 

You are the ones wasting your time and i for one have no idea why you do that. It's the pinnacle of boring. 

• Like 5

@ Fox2run you want fair big battles. Why you don't participate in port battles? The purpose of them is to create big even fights....

And don't attack ports that are fair away from everything.

PBs are fun - they are simply just too time consuming and heavy to get into. The preparations takes too long. And its pretty fixed. In OW battles its a funny mix of who is close to a battle... much more fun

Sounds like you have an issue with people who work as a group more than you do with the timer. 

I am sorry but punishing those who work closely together and sail as a fleet and act as a fleet.

The perception of "punishing" a group if players is interesting. Maybe the TS communities feel threatened by changes that give other players a better experience as the TS ers might loose influence? Maybe you should ask yourself what your real interest is in the 2 min timer...  :o

It must be possible to provide some good, fun gaming mechanisms without the use of 3rd party software like TS.

Edited by fox2run

My real interest in the 2 min timer is: 

- It promotes the social aspect of the game.

- "What you see is what you get". Aka, you cannot have a 5 man group scouting and initiating battles while hiding a 20 man fleet outside line of sight. 

- The "hide in port" ganks dont really work.

Btw, we often have 1-3 people sail with us without them being on our TS. 

We have no problems with 2 minute timers because we communicate and stick together as a real fleet would do. TS or not, it don't really matter as long as you sail together in a group.

• Like 6

30 min Social perk is some how overpowered. 

2 min Timer is not good enough.  It doesn't work well to many ppl either.

Me personaly use to love 5 min timer.    Lest face it, if u want 1v1 go to mission screen and do battles there.

Open Sea is not a place for 1v1. Never was never will be.

Devs u can consider social perk in a some type of Reinforcement System.

Player who had a Social perk, Gets an option in Battle to call for Reinforcements.

Reinforcments = Battle Swords in open sea opens up for a xx time. 

xx time duration would be determinate to a distance of your, nation capital or nation town. 

The futher away u are the less time u get.  Kind off reflects real world situation. 

All times could be tested and most optimal solution could be implemented.

This way if u are in home waters u can get help, as in reality u would.  

If u are fare away with no land around , well then you screwed.

Such system might work well around home waters.

What ever the case 2 min timer is not a way forward. 

2 min timer sucks for some and loved by others.

How about u can have a buffer zones.

Close home waters 5 min timer.  Futher away from capitals  2 min timer.    

Every one is happy. 

PVP ers happy 

PVE ers happy .

Gankers Crying  rivers.

You are still talking about fairness. Screw fairness. Im taling about wasting less time and the social aspect of things. My latest battle in 2 min timers says it all: 20:1. My mates couldnt help as the circle closed. So they waited for half an hour (waiting - nothing else - waste of time). What where they waiting for? The ganking fleet. And the ganking fleet? They where waiting in battle screen. Maybe for some cutter to scout for them first. Everyone was waiting. Finally a fight occured. And who could not participate? Me. I was destroyed and send to some remote harbour in a cutter. The gankers got crushed.

So would a 5 min timer change this? Yes . the reinforcements would be there in time. A big battle would envelop. Without waiting - without wasting time. And the attacked would have a chance as well.

The ONLY players that 2 min timers is a favour to is:

TS crews that have too much sparetime and dislike any risk of meeting a larger force.

AND Those coward luring 2-3 ships outside any and all free towns.

The game is a big boredom UNLESS you have 1) too much sparetime, 2) Like to sit hours on end in TS, 3) like to play in empty PBs

Cmon - its NOT fun!

You should try wows.

im not talking about fair fights. Im talking about having one without the heavy organization on TS, clans, hourlong preparations etc.

Its not complicated:

short timers - fewer battles - smaller battles

long timer: more battles - larger battles

unfairness will always exist in OW

I have no clue on how to post pictures or those cool streamers (signatures) in here but my latest screen was of a 20 vs 1 fight i had... no reinforcements could make it. So what happened? I got crushed of course... but the aid came, but waited for long time outside the battlescreen to countergang the force attacking me. They wasted 30 min or so. And i couldnt join the ensuing fight as I was destroyed. The following big battle came after a lot of wasted time for all: me, the attackers hiding in battle screen and the reinforcements.

If the join timers where - say 5 min - i would have had fun too maybe being part of a more fair fight, and no one had to wait in battle screens or outside for another battle. The outcome where exactly the same. 2 min is just less fun and more wasted time for all players. Cant you see it?

You should try wows dude for real.

• Like 2

You are still talking about fairness. Screw fairness. Im taling about wasting less time and the social aspect of things. My latest battle in 2 min timers says it all: 20:1. My mates couldnt help as the circle closed. So they waited for half an hour (waiting - nothing else - waste of time). What where they waiting for? The ganking fleet. And the ganking fleet? They where waiting in battle screen. Maybe for some cutter to scout for them first. Everyone was waiting. Finally a fight occured. And who could not participate? Me. I was destroyed and send to some remote harbour in a cutter.  The gankers got crushed. 

So would a 5 min timer change this? Yes . the reinforcements would be there in time. A big battle would envelop. Without waiting - without wasting time. And the attacked would have a chance as well.

The ONLY players that 2 min timers is a favour to is: 

TS crews that have too much sparetime and dislike any risk of meeting a larger force.

AND Those coward luring 2-3 ships outside any and all free towns. 

The game is a big boredom UNLESS you have 1) too much sparetime,  2) Like to sit hours on end in TS,  3) like to play in empty PBs

Cmon - its NOT fun!

Nope!

The short timers also favor the guy who takes a lone Niagara out of Tumbado to hunt Spanish traders off Cuba, and does not feel like having every. single. chance. to capture a trader foiled by some guys 3 horizons away.

Edited by ajffighter86

look, just like ÆthlstanI have logged 1377 hours in this game.  I have seen the rise and fall of many guilds, been in guilds that rose and fell, been in 25 man port battles and empty port battles, been ganked when there were 5 minute timers and 2 minute timers; I have seen it all.  I am telling you the game was better with 5 minute timers. 

When I first started playing this game, I would leave port and there would be PvP everywhere.  I could join and get into the action quickly.  I have never once complained about timers until 2 minute timers were forced on us.  I know personally people who have left because of the lack of PvP that came with the 2 minute timers.  When you sail out of port and there is battle after battle closed because of a timer that expired, it blocks people from playing your game.  The largest drop off in player base I have seen is when 2 minute timers were implemented. 

Now you can make the argument for 2 minute times all you want, with your realism arguments, about how in RL you couldn't participate in a battle 3 ports down, or how it makes grossly lopsided 20v1's, or how you could plead in your nation chat that you got attacked and get reinforcements or how at this particular battle back in 1877 this happened.  But the fact of the matter is, your average every day player wants to log in and get into the action as quickly as possible.  I am sorry that with 5 minute timers you don't get to gank traders and lone wanderers with your organized TS gank squads, but what you gain is PvP everywhere with lots of players participating. 

I personally do not find ganking traders and lone ships at sea with a 5 man gank squad enjoyable.  I do not enjoy getting ganked by 5 guys outside of ports either, and I do not think the majority of your players who left enjoy it either.  All the 2 minute timer does is make the game less noob friendly and caters more to the hardcore TS organized players. 

The 2 minute timer is a broken combat mechanic for a game like this and your game will die a slow painful death as the player-base dwindles more and more.  This needs to be addressed ASAP to bring big combat battles back to bring back the player base that just wants to get into the action. 

The open world adds the immersive experience of trading and sailing from port to port, and I enjoy that aspect of the game, but without a good combat system, your game sucks for the majority of gamers out there. 

• Like 4

look, just like Æthlstan, I have logged 1377 hours in this game. I have seen the rise and fall of many guilds, been in guilds that rose and fell, been in 25 man port battles and empty port battles, been ganked when there were 5 minute timers and 2 minute timers; I have seen it all. I am telling you the game was better with 5 minute timers.

When I first started playing this game, I would leave port and there would be PvP everywhere. I could join and get into the action quickly. I have never once complained about timers until 2 minute timers were forced on us. I know personally people who have left because of the lack of PvP that came with the 2 minute timers. When you sail out of port and there is battle after battle closed because of a timer that expired, it blocks people from playing your game. The largest drop off in player base I have seen is when 2 minute timers were implemented.

Now you can make the argument for 2 minute times all you want, with your realism arguments, about how in RL you couldn't participate in a battle 3 ports down, or how it makes grossly lopsided 20v1's, or how you could plead in your nation chat that you got attacked and get reinforcements or how at this particular battle back in 1877 this happened. But the fact of the matter is, your average every day player wants to log in and get into the action as quickly as possible. I am sorry that with 5 minute timers you don't get to gank traders and lone wanderers with your organized TS gank squads, but what you gain is PvP everywhere with lots of players participating.

I personally do not find ganking traders and lone ships at sea with a 5 man gank squad enjoyable. I do not enjoy getting ganked by 5 guys outside of ports either, and I do not think the majority of your players who left enjoy it either. All the 2 minute timer does is make the game less noob friendly and caters more to the hardcore TS organized players.

The 2 minute timer is a broken combat mechanic for a game like this and your game will die a slow painful death as the player-base dwindles more and more. This needs to be addressed ASAP to bring big combat battles back to bring back the player base that just wants to get into the action.

The open world adds the immersive experience of trading and sailing from port to port, and I enjoy that aspect of the game, but without a good combat system, your game sucks for the majority of gamers out there.

Every day there was a hundred post saying 5 minutes was to long.

With instant no cool teleport 5 minutes is to long now.

• Like 2

look, just like ÆthlstanI have logged 1377 hours in this game.  I have seen the rise and fall of many guilds, been in guilds that rose and fell, been in 25 man port battles and empty port battles, been ganked when there were 5 minute timers and 2 minute timers; I have seen it all.  I am telling you the game was better with 5 minute timers. 

I don't understand how anyone can have that much time in the game and yet still advocate for a system of longer timers that >>>> has already been tested and was determined not to work. <<<<<

What was it Einstein was credited with saying?

"Insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."

Edited by ajffighter86

I don't understand how anyone can have that much time in the game and yet still advocate for a system of longer timers that >>>> has already been tested and was determined not to work. <<<<<

What was it Einstein was credited with saying?

"Insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."

Because there was lots of PvP and there were big battles all over the place.  That is reason enough for me to advocate for 5 minute battle timers even though they come with their own problems. 

look, I am not saying I have not had fun with 2 minute timers.  I have found myself in closely matched 1v2's, 3v4s, 5v5's.  But when we had 5 minute timers, we had much bigger epic battles, 10v10's and higher.  I do not think 5 minute timers is the answer to all the games problems and flaws, but I think 2 minute timers is probably the most damaging change to this game I have seen.  Maybe deadman's chest is a little bit more damaging?  IDK. 

What has not been tried?  How about 3 minute timers, 4 minute timers?  How about 1 hour timers, where you just spawn farther and farther away from the action the longer it takes you to get there in open world? 

Edited by Ultravis

you forget the social aspect : how to help mates and how to find a battle? the FUN factor

What about the FUN for me??  I just spent the last hour avoiding Rattlesnakes and Speed Trincs in my Lynx looking for a trader that doesnt have 2 Victories as a stupid "Fleet".  I finally find one that I can pursue and capture.  All of a sudden, because of some magic, a person that was crafting in a port 1000 miles away, mysteriously appears and is able to keep me from the prey I've been trying to find all night.

You say that's FUN?  How is that FUN for me?

• Like 2

What about the FUN for me??  I just spent the last hour avoiding Rattlesnakes and Speed Trincs in my Lynx looking for a trader that doesnt have 2 Victories as a stupid "Fleet".  I finally find one that I can pursue and capture.  All of a sudden, because of some magic, a person that was crafting in a port 1000 miles away, mysteriously appears and is able to keep me from the prey I've been trying to find all night.

You say that's FUN?  How is that FUN for me?

You're an evil ganker stealing the lifeblood of poor, hardworking merchants. You're not allowed to have fun. Your fun is wrong fun and is not actually fun, but you are misguided and delusional and think it is.

Sorry, my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek. I've removed it now.

• Like 3

Okey, time to add one more worthless opinion...

Every time i leave a port i do it with a knowledge i may not return with my ship into it again.

As i play on PvP server i have no problem with this. I am rear admiral rank, lvl 50 crafter with full warehouse full of resources and craft materials.

What ever loss i take on OW i can compensate it fast and easy.

I have whole array of ships in my outpost that are tailored for every mission you can think of. Scouting, PB's, missioning, random Pvping, hunting, etc..

When i go missioning i usually go alone but i choose my mission and only take those that are very close to harbor and often take them from couple of ports and

then proceed to do the one that is the safest and closest. I watch the nation chat for reports of enemy activity and plan accordingly.

Before starting a mission i turn my ship in the direction of the port i plan to return to as to not lose time in order to turn my ship after it.

At mission end (in battle report screen) i take a minute to scroll through chat in order to find out if there are any gankers/raiders reported. 

When taking a trade run i take the ship most appropriate to the run's role. I do not use fleets as i do not find them useful. 

I play it safe and generally i stay safe. With all that said, i believe we have an issue regarding RoE in this game and i think it plays a major part in bad player retention this

game suffers from. i can not provide any numbers but from my experience playing NA for this 2 years (pre steam sea trials to now) i will put a player retention at about 15%.

That means from all the player who bought/tried NA only about 15% is still somewhat active. This may be normal for early access title but one has to wonder how many players have

left with a bad taste in their mouth never to return again..

Some of you will maybe dismiss this out of hand claiming that these players were bad, carebears, whiners, entitled children, (and i saw many a time those words used from the users who use

this forum on daily basis) but consider this as players are the MEAT of this game. Players are those who give you content and a reason to play! Without players who will participate in Pb's, huntings, trading and who will you gank in OW? Low player count will hit hard core PvPiers the hardest as PvP implies PLAYERS!

So i believe WE MUST HAVE COMPROMISE! PvP or not this game should be a bit more "player friendly" and those of you that i see every time commenting on EVERY single forum

post berating other players who do not share exact vision of what this game should be would benefit from a bit of compassion towards your fellow humans.

Not everybody plays this game for the same reasons nor enjoys the same things you do or has the same conditions.

I understand that there are about 50 of you hard core pvpers very active on this forums who jump on every thread that in your opinion endangers your 

PvP heaven, be it timers, fleets, sociable perk or perks all together...   

2 min timers are a joke, people DO NOT LIKE IT. Sociable perk is still mentioned in chat and most thought it was a good edition making for more PvP and better Pvp!

30 mins was dumb and over the top. However most will agree that timers would do a good job if they were 3-4-5 minutes long. Personally i would kill timers all together but 

that would probably brake balance as the nations with numbers supremacy would be able to rule the OW. 

Often i am at sea in my home waters sailing or patroling and seeing a distress signal in chat that somebody is being ganked but i am unable to be of help as i am aware that by 

the time i get there the battle will be closed even if i am very close by. Even if i am in a position to help i will do it reluctantly as i know that i will (and the ganked victim) will 

​be facing a superior enemy and i am entering a losing battle. From any standpoint (military, fun, economic,ego) surely it's better to lose 1 ship then 2. 

Sociable for me brought a whiff of fresh air into the game making the PvP more readily, exciting and fun. Fighting a battle not knowing what will happen 

during its course was a blast! Will enemy get more ppl in, will i get more reinforcement?

Bringing it back to 2 mins made me not wanting to play this game AT ALL!  

You ppl say use escorts or patrols...Yeah well, gankers use speed rigged ships and are generally very skilled in running away only attacking if they have a superiority

Those stories of "honest gankers" who sail around looking for honest combat are BS and you all know it. I saw it happen sometimes but for every "honest" one there are

​50 cowardly ganks. 

For all that is wrong with this game, catering to only one play style (ganking) is surely the worst offender. If a working compromise is not found none of us will be playing 

NA in the future. With all this potential and a beautiful game in the making it would be a sad, sad affair.  

• Like 2

What has not been tried?  How about 3 minute timers, 4 minute timers?  How about 1 hour timers, where you just spawn farther and farther away from the action the longer it takes you to get there in open world? 

Because if it is 3 minutes, you will arrive at 3:01 and complain. if it is 4 minutes, you will arrive at 4:01 and complain. And if it is an hour, you will arrive at 1:00:01 and complain that the game just cut you off from joining.

None of that matters if you sail together. In fact, if you sail close enough together, you don't even have to worry about timers because you all get dragged in to the fight together when it is initiated.

But you do not want that. You want to be able to call for people outside of visible distance to come to your aid because you are lazy and do not want to be hassled with sailing with other people, until the crap hits the fan, and then suddenly the game mechanics are 'broken' and prevented you from helping each other which you apparently didn't want to do in the first place.

Does. not. compute.

2 minutes is about the amount of time you can reach each other based on the sight-lines. Again, 'fight what you see.' Anything more than that becomes some magical GPS-guided SOS distress system that absolutely RUINS immersion.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 2

Because if it is 3 minutes, you will arrive at 3:01 and complain. if it is 4 minutes, you will arrive at 4:01 and complain. And if it is an hour, you will arrive at 1:00:01 and complain that the game just cut you off from joining.

None of that matters if you sail together. In fact, if you sail close enough together, you don't even have to worry about timers because you all get dragged in to the fight together when it is initiated.

But you do not want that. You want to be able to call for people outside of visible distance to come to your aid because you are lazy and do not want to be hassled with sailing with other people, until the crap hits the fan, and then suddenly the game mechanics are broken and prevented you from helping each other which you apparently didn't want to do in the first place.

Does. not. compute.

2 minutes is about the amount of time you can reach each other based on the sight-lines. Again, 'fight what you see.' Anything more than that becomes some magical GPS-guided SOS distress system that absolutely RUINS immersion.

You really believe in that BS?

Let me break it to you, if for any single action you take in this game you must go through a process of assembling a fleet of other players then it STOPS being a game and begins to

be a CHORE! Plenty of times there are calls for mission runs in chat that last for half an hour or more for only a few players to assemble and go.

It's maybe hard to believe it to you but most do not live in Naval Action nor have the time finding a fleet for everything they want/plan to do in the game.

Not to mention how hypocritical you are. You are unwilling to budge on this issue even for 1 minute yet are happily proposing other players 

moving through a long, boring and time consuming process...

• Like 1

Let me break it to you, if for any single action you take in this game you must go through a process of assembling a fleet of other players then it STOPS being a game and begins to

be a CHORE! Plenty of times there are calls for mission runs in chat that last for half an hour or more for only a few players to assemble and go.

It's maybe hard to believe it to you but most do not live in Naval Action nor have the time finding a fleet for everything they want/plan to do in the game.

Not to mention how hypocritical you are. You are unwilling to budge on this issue even for 1 minute yet are happily proposing other players 

It's a sliding scale. If you want to mission run in safety, you will need to take some time to ask other players (or you know, ask friends) to join you. Same for hunting enemy players. If you don't want to wait, nothing stops you from going alone at your own peril. Nothing requires you to build a fleet. I rarely need to wait because I sail alone for the majority of my ingame time. I do so at my own peril, and there have been times where I've bitten off more than I can chew. It's part of the game, and I'm not going to cry over it if I get ganked. If my friends couldn't reach me in two minutes, they aren't going to reach me in 5 or 10. I lost a dura, I learned from a mistake, and I'm that much deadlier or if nothing else harder to catch the next time around.

Yes, I really believe it. The point is that the issue is not the timers, it is the players.

Summary of your post:

1) I do not want to be troubled with playing with other players, takes too much time, effort, blah blah blah.

2) I suddenly want to play with other players.

3) Game is working when things go my way. Game is broken when things do not.

And what exactly is hypocritical? I have been the victim of many 'ganks' within sight of port. Join the club, bud! I doubt there is anyone in NA who hasn't had that experience at some point. I still maintain that it is better to have the system we have now than to punish players who are working together while giving training wheels to people who do not.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 3

It's a sliding scale. If you want to mission run in safety, you will need to take some time to ask other players (or you know, ask friends) to join you. Same for hunting enemy players. If you don't want to wait, nothing stops you from going alone at your own peril. Nothing requires you to build a fleet. I rarely need to wait because I sail alone for the majority of my ingame time. I do so at my own peril, and there have been times where I've bitten off more than I can chew. It's part of the game, and I'm not going to cry over it if I get ganked. If my friends couldn't reach me in two minutes, they aren't going to reach me in 5 or 10. I lost a dura, I learned from a mistake, and I'm that much deadlier or if nothing else harder to catch the next time around.

Funny how you mention "sliding scale" yet you do not believe your own words. 

Yes it should be a sliding scale but ATM it is NOT! Now, it's either sail with a fleet or face annihilation if spotted. No "scale" in this scenario. The scale is ALL DOWN on gankers side! 

But if we added 1-2-3 mins to timer then IT BEGINS to be a sliding scale as now you have a chance of a nearby friendly ship to assist you but not a whole nation to join your side!

And tell me who mentioned "safety"?? NOBODY! But many others mentioned, a chance! 

Edited by Rabid_Infidel
  • Like 1

But you do not want that. You want to be able to call for people outside of visible distance to come to your aid because you are lazy and do not want to be hassled with sailing with other people, until the crap hits the fan, and then suddenly the game mechanics are 'broken' and prevented you from helping each other which you apparently didn't want to do in the first place.

Does. not. compute.

Again, I have logged over 1,200 hours in this game, and not once have I complained about the timers until it was changed to 2 minutes.  You are just throwing out a strawman's logical fallacy. 

Then you resort to calling me lazy.  How exactly does wanting to sail solo equate to being lazy? 

I like doing missions solo once in a while and I usually do my trade runs solo in a ship that has been tagged many times but never been caught in battle, and that's about the extent of my solo play.  On the contrary, I find solo trade missions quite adrenaline pumping because the risk of getting caught is always there.  I have transported as many as 20 high grade notes in my exceptional fir traders lynx from my capital to a free port for transport to another free-port where I do my ship building, and there has almost always been enemy ships around looking to steal my precious cargo. 

That does not mean however that I think 2 minute timers are healthy for the game. 

Edited by Ultravis
  • Like 1

Yes, I really believe it. The point is that the issue is not the timers, it is the players.

Summary of your post:

1) I do not want to be troubled with playing with other players, takes too much time, effort, blah blah blah.

2) I suddenly want to play with other players.

3) Game is working when things go my way. Game is broken when things do not.

And what exactly is hypocritical? I have been the victim of many 'ganks' within sight of port. Join the club, bud! I still maintain that it is better to have the system we have now than to punish players who are working together while giving training wheels to people who do not.

Whatever you smoking is very potent as i have not stated ANY of things you mentioned! 

Never have i stated that i DON'T WANT/WANT play with other players... What i DID state that i do not want to be forced through tiresome process of finding 

other players for EVERY ACTION i plan to take in this game! Please do not attempt to strawman me another time.

As for your 3rd point you accuse me off it's it seems to me more of your own mindset as you seem to be deeply offended/protective about 

a change to this game you consider helpful to your game style. 

All we have proposed is adding a few mins (1-2-3) to battle timer and with it adding a chance of a ganked victim of getting some help. Help that would be only available in waters populated by

friendly ships anyway. What that means to you is your ganks in front of enemy towns would be a bit more risky, yea we can't have that! 

Yes it should be a sliding scale but ATM it is NOT! Now, it's either sale with a fleet or face annihilation if spotted. No "scale" in this scenario. The scale is ALL DOWN on gankers side! 

I sail off Jamaica constantly hunting traders and 5th rates. I do this alone. I've been caught and sunk twice in 3 months. I've never come close to being "annihilated" by a superior fleet. The ships I lost were in 2v1s where I gave a good accounting of myself. Not the 20v1s I would have had to deal with if longer timers were in. 

But if we added 1-2-3 mins to timer then IT BEGINS to be a sliding scale as now you have a chance of a nearby friendly ship to assist you but not a whole nation to join your side!

No, it turns into a dogpile on any lone player or pair who dare sail on the OW. I had enough of that crap at the start of early access, and have no wish to return to it. Fight what you see is the only "fair" ROE, whether it's accomplished by 2 minute timers or by Admin's double circle ROE. If I have friends that  can help me, they are already sailing so close that they'd make it in on a 30 second timer. If they're farther away than that, they're not "sailing with me" in the first place and have no business in the fight that I got myself into.

And tell me who mentioned "safety"?? NOBODY! But many others mentioned, a chance! 

Yours and others definition of a "chance" is perfect safety and total risk aversion. After all, somebody could have come and bailed your sorry ass out for a poor decision you made, if ONLY the game mechanics were modified to allow it. No, ajf has it right. You won't be satisfied even if the battle was open for an hour and a half, you'd complain that battles were to short. I think instead you should learn what constitutes poor decisions in this game and either live with the consequences of making them, or learn to avoid them.

Edited by Enraged Ewok
  • Like 1