Game-Labs Forum

wreck distance

I do not think that bottles are worth it anymore.   Takes 4 episodes of a series on Netflix to go get them.  This is not a game when that happens it is torture and the Devs are laughing all the way to the end of the game.

It is just not worth it for something that can be made by half the players.  So much boarding crap that is all countered with one Officer Perk.

Edited by angriff
  • Like 2

I don't want to explore the map, as you say, at the cost of midless sailing and then getting sunk in enemy territory with the loot on board, thank-you very much.

you have the opportunity to destroy cargo if in battle you have no chance of getting out of, better to destroy and yield nothing.

I understand doing some sailing, but this is ridiculous. Found & opened bottle at Sunbury and wreck is stones-throw off the coast of Colombia. There is NO WAY (well maybe not no way, but damn near impossible) for a bottle would find it's way from Colombia/Venezuela to Sunbury (east US coast) floating on current flows. Southwest coast of Cuba would've current-force-dump the bottle somewhere in the Gulf or Yucatan. Maybe if I found/opened bottle in Bonaca or Bensalem?

Perhaps the devs can incorporate or tag (coding) the bottles where they were found and then have these wrecks somewhere 2-3 days sailing within that found area's ocean/sea current flow?? Not some RNG.

*edited for misspelling 

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
  • Like 1

Dude we dont need explorers, we need fighters.... warriors,..... guys who keep the freedon in the Nation, defend our Ports!

u can explore as a midshipman...

But not every one is a fighter.  Some folks might want to be the explore or trader and not the fighter.  There should be a system for them and things to do.  I just don't like it when you make it full on care-bear (PVE server).   They still have to face the risk of the seas and getting hit as they explore and trade though.  I like fighting just as much as I like exploring.  Though I don't like spending 10 days at sea to pick up a bottle and come back to my nearest national port.   It's getting where I only pick up a wreck every 3-4 bottles. I'll just open new ones if I don't like the location until I get one that is reasonable distance to go to.

• Like 1

Allow more OP's to be obtained. Maybe by having more -- you can TP to the closest one, and go from there. Cutting your time down significantly.

8 OP's are a bit restraining. I ask that we are allowed to obtain as many OP's as we can afford (each subsequent port being double cost of the previous one: #9 = 2M, #10 = 4M ...etc...) - but still this would allow a player to expand over the map (via Freeports or conquest) and have the ability to "explore" from a closer port of call.

Just a thought to remedy the overkill in transit times.

• Like 1

An easy way to please everyone about wreck distance is to create short-distance missions with small prizes and long-distance missions with bigger prizes.

Prizes could be proportional to the time you spent in mission and risks you take (wreck in enemy territory).

To me extra TP isn't a good idea as Explorers have to be in the OW to be Enemies' preys.

• Like 2