Game-Labs Forum

Log off at after battle screen - lose your battle rewards and ship dura restored to those that did not log off and those waiting outside.

While I am against a penalty or a timer in the post battle screen, I can totally understand the ones complaining about it.

I think it is a very bold move to take your large PVP/gank fleet to an enemy capital, sink or capture your 4 to 5 lonely ships before a defense can form and then expect that they don't gather a revenge fleet. Of course they will do and that is the point when said gankers chose to be done for the day and avoid the following fight they would have to endure.

There are some clans, who still come out and fight. I appreciate that because very often they still win it if the odds aren't extremely bad. But in the last few weeks we have french, danes, spanish and pirates around KPR every day sporting this tactic. It is frustrating for new players. I left Port Royal because of that and because I am not a fan of massive fleet battles anyway(if they happen). And I also don't have fun fighting an inferior force, which is the case if you gank lonely players and if you gank the gankers with your revenge fleet.

I don't have a good solution for BS camping. Maybe spawn the fleets after a battle in a random position 10 OW sailing minutes away from the initial location of the battle. Because if we look at it technically and consider the time difference between OW and battle instance, the battle is actually long over before the revenge fleet gathers around it. This way they can't be ganked back but also can't immediately start their show again. On the other side this will fuck with trader hunting. It's very difficult to come up with a solution that pleases everybody. Maybe don't change anything at all and appeal to the players to change their behaviour (sure :P)

Also a part of the problem is that the most players are still concentrated around their capitals imho. So you have to sail there to get your big battles. An incentive to spread out to other regions and developing ports would be nice.

• Like 1

Can it be that you guys did a mistake and took a PvP Server instead of a PvE Server?

Are you serious?  Do you know who you are talking to?  The majority of people against the suggestion in this thread are heavy pvpers.  Heavy pvpers who aren't able to play naval action 24/7 just to get back to port to log off.

Sometimes I was caught in the last hour of the night when I am in the last miles to enter in a port and go to bed. It took me 1,5 hours playing for scape and then, I need exit from the grey screen and take the risk for another 1,5 hours playing the game?

He had his opportunity for catch me one time, now is time to go to sleep. If hunters want not waste time awaiting outside, is ease, don't wait outside.

• Like 1

Ok I nailed it.

How about, after a certain amount of time of the battle ending, if  there are still ships inside the battle simply opens again, and people from both sides can enter. I do think however the people coming out of a battle need a bit more of a chance than is currently possible. I did like the old invisibility timer but it seems many did not.

Ok I nailed it.

How about, after a certain amount of time of the battle ending, if there are still ships inside the battle simply opens again, and people from both sides can enter. I do think however the people coming out of a battle need a bit more of a chance than is currently possible. I did like the old invisibility timer but it seems many did not.

Not bad or how bout this. Leave it the way it is. Some people have to log out of NA for things like life and stuff.

And there I was at Ragged Cay with my Surprise and my buddy in a Renommee. We were happily ganking four US 6th rates.

I had called in a ganking ... revenge fleet of one Frigate and an Essex. And when they arrived I exited to the battle screen.

My buddy however stayed in battle and proceeded to sink one 6th rate. The bloody kill-stealer.

The three US remaining ships ran and exited to battle screen as well, so I turned to Open World.

Ha, the perfect gank was about to happen, if only they would come out of battle screen.

And yes! They did, but what the hell...

"Where is my Renommee!? Exit battle screen! Exit battle screen! NOW!"

"What do you mean he has gone for a leak? He is not supposed to hide in battle screen when I have the perfect gank tag coming up!

They freaking need to change this mechanic, so he is tossed into to Open World to gank along!"

"Huh, what do you mean? The mechanic is for people wanting to take a leak?

No way! Get back here now, toss him into Open World and get those bloody US ships ganked!"

And as they maneuvered into the shallows our opportunity to gank them was lost...

• Like 1

Solution to favor both sides:

You may log off in battlescreen but a mark will be left on the place you log off (mb with name and shiptype). When you log in again your mark will turn red and you will spawn in 2-5 minutes around your mark.

This way you can go to sleep or eat After a battle. Players waiting outside know if you ve logged off. There wont always be a massive force if you log in again. And people can go hunt for red marks.

• Like 3

If they remove coordinates, remove battle markers, then maybe they can remove log off from battle.  But as long as the open world runs compressed while battles do not, you can't do this.  People must be able to log off.  Otherwise people moving at light speed can come to the battle and wait for the people in the battle to get out and gank them.

Thats for sure a problem - but on the other hand, hiding in a battle screen for ages is also annoying.

What about adding some timers and some random factors like a maximum of 15 minutes to stay in the battle screen and a random spawn within a certain range (e.g. 0.25° radius) of the original battle location as well as a 90 seconds tag-protection timer after spawning.

It removes the ability of  one to hide inside the battle screen as well as the ability for other players to wait for one to leave the battle screen and gank him instantly because they don't know where one will drop out of the battele and he's protected for 90 seconds.

Thats for sure a problem - but on the other hand, hiding in a battle screen for ages is also annoying.

What about adding some timers and some random factors like a maximum of 15 minutes to stay in the battle screen and a random spawn within a certain range (e.g. 0.25° radius) of the original battle location as well as a 90 seconds tag-protection timer after spawning.

It removes the ability of one to hide inside the battle screen as well as the ability for other players to wait for one to leave the battle screen and gank him instantly because they don't know where one will drop out of the battele and he's protected for 90 seconds.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop saying people are hidding in the damn screen ! When my friend and i play we have limited time and we look for pvp and after a hour battle alot of times hes got to go to work RIGHT NOW cuz he played right up till then and i need to log to make supper and get ready for work.

What you people are asking is for players who have jobs, wives and kids, a house to manage or sleeping patterns to not play this game and im f'ing sick of hearing it from no life gamers who are willing to spend 4 hours staring at a screen not moving just to gank someone.

Now if you want to give the very popular teleport mechanics to us to use after each battle so we can teleport home im fine otherwise just move the F on and find another fight instead of pathetically waiting for four hours for a gank.

And another thing, 100% of the time i hunt in british water and about 50% of the time i hunt in US waters there are a dozen ships who just sit and watch me chase and tag and attacka ship and do NOTHING to help but as soon as i leave the battle theu are waiting in a gank squad.

Seems to me we have a bunch of try hards who could really care less about the ship we attack and just want easy ganks. !

Sorry for the rant bit DAMN some people do have jobs.

Edited by Mrdoomed

A surprise for you:

I am one the player who want a time limit in after battle screen and dont want to log out ability because of the hiding problem AND I am 38 years old, have a job, a house, a wife and two litte kids AND i am not a "no life gamer" like you called me. Both wishes are legitim, not ONLY your wish. And if we say people hiding in Battle Screen, that's because it is the fact. Also fact is what you say, people use this exploit (yes i say its an exploit coz i cannot found a diffent statement from the devs) to just go to bed after a gaming session.

"Sorry for the rant bit DAMN some people do have jobs."

Yes, i also have a limited time to play and dont want to see every ship I hunt over the sea can easily escape by this exploit and i have wasted my gaming-time and i need to invest more time to search the next possible battle.

But what about, what Paulus posted?

"Solution to favor both sides:
You may log off in battlescreen but a mark will be left on the place you log off (mb with name and shiptype). When you log in again your mark will turn red and you will spawn in 2-5 minutes around your mark.

This way you can go to sleep or eat After a battle. Players waiting outside know if you ve logged off. There wont always be a massive force if you log in again. And people can go hunt for red marks."

A surprise for you:

I am one the player who want a time limit in after battle screen and dont want to log out ability because of the hiding problem AND I am 38 years old, have a job, a house, a wife and two litte kids AND i am not a "no life gamer" like you called me. Both wishes are legitim, not ONLY your wish. And if we say people hiding in Battle Screen, that's because it is the fact. Also fact is what you say, people use this exploit (yes i say its an exploit coz i cannot found a diffent statement from the devs) to just go to bed after a gaming session.

"Sorry for the rant bit DAMN some people do have jobs."

Yes, i also have a limited time to play and dont want to see every ship I hunt over the sea can easily escape by this exploit and i have wasted my gaming-time and i need to invest more time to search the next possible battle.

But what about, what Paulus posted?

"Solution to favor both sides:

This way you can go to sleep or eat After a battle. Players waiting outside know if you ve logged off. There wont always be a massive force if you log in again. And people can go hunt for red marks."

No the best a d easiest solution is to just leave it. If people are such no life losers tht they will sit for 4 or more hours to gank someone then they are getting what they deserve.

If YOU want to leave and spend 5 hours getting back to port then go for it but if i need to go to work then its fine. Why start addinf stupid shit to the map to just clutter it up? Why so gankers can just sit all day again waiting to gank ? It makes no sense at all.

The system now works for everyone as it is. You can be a loser and sit for 5 hours or you can log off or you can go look for other fights.

Just think if these pathetic gankers acually spent thr 4 hours sailing and patrolling for bullies they could catch then BEFORE battle..oh wait then they cant gank.

You were saying ? Oh yeah you support gangbangs

The entire topic is really just gankers and port huggers wanting easy kills for no work.

Ill explain using just from what ive read from the ones wanting the a timer.

Lots and lots and lots of meanies come sink people in our capital.
The bullies then hide in battlescreen and make me wait 4 hours.
Ihave to waste hours waiting for a bully to get out of battle.
I dont have all day to sail and intercept guys.

Something from this logic dont make sense. They all claim to wait fo hours and hours and hours in ow to kill the bullies. They all claim that the sea is just full of bullies at the capital.

If they were genuine and intellectually honest then they would spend all these hours sailing around killing the tons of bullies in the capital or even sailing to meet them before they get there.
I mean am i the ONLY ONE who sees this flaw in the argument?

What they seem to be really saying is this. I want to sit in the capital crafting and bullshiting with friends on ts then when a guy i dont care ablut gets jumped we can all form up and get an easy kill.
Hell guys if the bullies are so many and you KNOW they will be there just get off your butts and sit in the OW instead of ports amd you could get into these supposed battles in your capital.

Im sorry men but my faction kills anyone who gets near our capital amd the cries gonout amd we all show up. Our faction never has this probelem for 6 months.

Moderator Note:  A new topic for this discussion does not need to be made.  Topic merged with current discussion.

Because there are so much threads about this issue, everybody can see there IS A NEED TO TALK about this problem. You can bellow like a baby and depricate the opponent side nevertheless this battle screen hiding is a game design problem and as long as this is possible there will be much guys who start a suggestion thread to stop this insanity.

Edited by Sven Silberbart

..hiding in a battle screen for ages is also annoying..

Thats it. And because of that we need a compromise! Compromise means both sides reduce their claims.

One side says: Let it be, like it is at the moment

Other side says (and my favorite): Implement a auto kick to Open World after x minutes

if personally like this compromise

Edited by Sven Silberbart

Because there are so much threads about this issue, everybody can see there IS A NEED TO TALK about this problem. You can bellow like a baby and depricate the opponent side nevertheless this battle screen hiding is a game design problem and as long as this is possible there will be much guys who start a suggestion thread to stop this insanity.

Stop hiding in your capitals and acually sail around a bit instead of sitting waiting to gank for 4 hours amd boom problem solved.

This is such a bogus storyline made up by gangbangers who want to just sit in port and get free kills.

Yawn.

Yesterday I witnessed a new 'tactic' to avoid a battle. We were hunting 2 Pirates and what did they do? Attack each other so they had a headstart and could easily sail away to the battle screen...

Right now the advantage lies with the pirates/privateers with fast ships. They can pick an easy target and chose the time and location for the fight. Once enough defence has formed they just have to evade combat once (which is easy in the right ship) and are save in the battle screen. How is that fair?

So, ar you saying that you have never used BS to hide from the battle you didnt wanted to fight?

So, you saying that people hiding in BS for 2 hours because they dont want a battle to happen or they just want to attack unsuspecting players out of nowhere 2h later are actually no lifers, losers and pathetic gankers?

So, are you saying that players are hiding in ports but not in the BS?

Isnt that the storyline made up by gangbangers who just want to sit in BS and get free kills?

Thats what im saying pretty much. Only time i sit in it is after a battle and i need to get a drink and relieve myself OR when i need to go to work and have been taged iver and over by griefers.

Sorry to disappoint. In fact 2 weeks ago my friend and i lost 2 connies to a fleet of 25 british revenge gankers in ships from rattlesnakes to 1st rates...

On my last day off i was chased by clans NPG and ASP the entire length of florida and never one time exit from game. I spent my entire morning running from a gank squad.

So no, i have no problems reentering the OW but ill be damned if im giving a gank squad a free ship cuz ive got to go to work or bed or doctors after thier failed attempts to kill me. Sorry brah.

Edited by Mrdoomed

Yesterday I witnessed a new 'tactic' to avoid a battle. We were hunting 2 Pirates and what did they do? Attack each other so they had a headstart and could easily sail away to the battle screen...

Right now the advantage lies with the pirates/privateers with fast ships. They can pick an easy target and chose the time and location for the fight. Once enough defence has formed they just have to evade combat once (which is easy in the right ship) and are save in the battle screen. How is that fair?

This is not a new tactic. It's existed since pirates have been able to tag each other, and is a broken legacy mechanic that needs rework. And that being said, I saw a national in a 2nd rate "defensive tag" an AI brig from another nation to get away from a 6 ship pirate group near MT. No possible way to catch him, since he spawned so far from the "enemy". After escaping he hid in the battle screen or logged. I didn't stay to find out which, I have better things to do with my ingame time than hope for somebody to be stupid enough to pop back out into certain death. I've seen a lot of nationals do this defensive tag on AI to escape me even when I've been alone in a rattle or privateer.

The issue is not the battlescreen preventing you from engaging the guy a second time. The issue is the tag mechanics preventing you from engaging him in the first place. If I engage a guy and he outsails me, good on him. He earned his escape. If he tags an AI at the edge of tag range to keep me from ever tagging him in the first place and to force me to spawn well outside gun range in the battle itself, that's just broken.

This is not a new tactic. It's existed since pirates have been able to tag each other, and is a broken legacy mechanic that needs rework. And that being said, I saw a national in a 2nd rate "defensive tag" an AI brig from another nation to get away from a 6 ship pirate group near MT. No possible way to catch him, since he spawned so far from the "enemy". After escaping he hid in the battle screen or logged. I didn't stay to find out which, I have better things to do with my ingame time than hope for somebody to be stupid enough to pop back out into certain death. I've seen a lot of nationals do this defensive tag on AI to escape me even when I've been alone in a rattle or privateer.

The issue is not the battlescreen preventing you from engaging the guy a second time. The issue is the tag mechanics preventing you from engaging him in the first place. If I engage a guy and he outsails me, good on him. He earned his escape. If he tags an AI at the edge of tag range to keep me from ever tagging him in the first place and to force me to spawn well outside gun range in the battle itself, that's just broken.

Can someone give this man a beer ? He did what normal people do. He didnt sit for four hours hoping for a easy kill he went about his day.

After reading everyones comments and frustration, I've come to the conclusion that it is legitimate for players to be able to log off in result screen, otherwise they have to deal with the revenge fleet.

This is a bummer and frustrating when pirates capture your ship and then not showing their faces in the OW, but it is also the responsibility of the captain to ensure the waters he is sailing in is safe and have enough escort assisting him/her.

At the moment, the mechanics is heavily favoured to the aggressor, but nations can take measures against this behaviour.

Better be prepared than sorry. And nations also tend to attack the pirates in the same way and also other nations.

Ganking in the OW was a reality in the 18th century. The difference were the distances and as some members here said, we have to deal with a scale which warps ships around, but in battle, the ships has to conform to real speeds.

Instead of logging out in result screen, give the aggressor some form of fleeing ability from the revenge fleet. If his/her ship is too slow, then its a shame for them and have to bear the consequences of the revenge fleet. They must also have the opportunity to have something which can face against the revenge fleet.

well for a start  :lol:  (on the cynical way)

log of in battle screen is a  very  realistic tactic........ 

the captains..... they all did it in the 17 th and 18 th century and at the beginning of th 19 th century 

(only when the iron clad era began it did not work anymore:because of short-circuit )

in the old age they just pushed the escape button on the wooden steering wheel ,  waited 30 minutes and where in safe waters again...

but...... it was a very  big secret !     :)  and that s  why you never heard of it in the history books  :ph34r:

So yeah ... very historical ....

ppfrrrpfff....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope they figure out some tactic to overcome this issue

i see it as an exploit(help of the computer)..... i dont like it either...

to much time consuming for the guys and girls who just missed the 2 minutes timer  :o and just waiting in ow to get their chance

Tip: Out of range = a escape , and not a missed ball for 1 minute

Edited by Thonys