Game-Labs Forum

Can we have some bottles back?

Hi, I understand that the bottle pickup rate was altered but none of us (in our PVE guild) have seen one in days. They're fun and yes there were probably too many but it seems they are now very scarce......too scarce....

Thanks

• Like 1

Maybe offer to trade someone for their bottle.  Take a chance and offer them, say 50-G gold.  From what I read in chat and here, I think they're still showing up regularly.  I don't know what the pattern is, but maybe you can try sailing in some new waters?

Where did everyone get this ridiculous idea that every player should come across multiple bottles per week? Is this some sort of cartoon show?

Not only should you actually feel lucky to find one, but finding one should reduce your chances to nil for an uncertain amount of time.

• Like 2

For those of you not getting bottles I have a few questions.

-Where are you fishing?

-How long are you fishing? 

-Are you moving or stationary?

All over, Florida Coast (1), and (13) around Bahamas, around Mortimer Town, around La Tortue, and around Haiti.

All the time, as you can fish in any ship.  Most often I seem to get one within 5 minutes of leaving port, otherwise it is just random.  If you are in a combat ship, delete your worthless fish so you can keep fishing.

Moving.

Where did everyone get this ridiculous idea that every player should come across multiple bottles per week? Is this some sort of cartoon show?

Not only should you actually feel lucky to find one, but finding one should reduce your chances to nil for an uncertain amount of time.

Why the insulting reply? I am asking for a slight increase in bottle drops from the zero on the PVE server that my small guild is getting at the moment. Why? Because it's fun. Why is it when someone finds something fun (and not at someone elses expense) does so many people act like a grinch? "Noooo fun for you!!!" seems to be the general reply. 

It's not as if there weren't any....there were plenty and I agree too many. But my guild sails all over the Bahamas. I sail anywhere from StAnn to Tumbado to Barataria and everywhere in between. No bottles for several days for any of us and that is sailing big miles. It's like they have been shut off as I suspect they mostly have been. All I'm requesting politely....not demanding.....is that the faucet be opened just a little.  

12 in 7 days..3 in 3 hours...7 in 3 days and lots of ppl none.

Maybe the bottles are "Spawning" in just certain areas like the ai ships use to do at the start of ow 1.

More in a confined be it large localized area and very few in outlying areas.

Maybe Dev's could have a look if one has time,  to see the pattern of drops and see if this is the case?

Might have to be made more random over the map and is there a possibility some are spawning on land in areas and not in the water ?

Edited by Dragonfire

12 in 7 days..3 in 3 hours...7 in 3 days and lots of ppl none.

Maybe the bottles are "Spawning" in just certain areas like the ai ships use to do at the start of ow 1.

More in a confined be it large localized area and very few in outlying areas.

Maybe Dev's could have a look if one has time,  to see the pattern of drops and see if this is the case?

Might have to be made more random over the map and is there a possibility some are spawning on land in areas and not in the water ?

My guess it is a random "dice roll" when you fish.

Also, as I listed, I have been all over, at least in the middlish area of the map.

Im pretty sure you guys are making all this shit up to mess with me . Ive never seen a bottle and all the photos look like the fuzzy ufo pictures you see.

#thebottlesarealie

No, I swear, really, I just saw a "moss-covered three-handled family gredunza!"  :P

• Like 1