Game-Labs Forum

Loss of a santi Cause Reinf Glitch

Lord Vicious

1) First of all you need to fix this tag system,  if you exit from a fight you cant enter battles but ppl outside can tag you and your other friends cant join cause battle timer

2) When you undock from a city enemy can tag you get you into a fight and the reinforcement tag get into ground, also the allied cant join cause they on battle timer, so ppl can just wait outside and you have no chance to undock and get a fight becouse if you tag enemy your allies cant get in while the entire enemy squad can

3) we where already undocked since 30+ seconds so my other mates got only 20-30 seconds before could join the battle so they all where perfectly in time for reinforce if the circle not was in land, since they where on 20 seconds for join when battle still got over 40 seconds for join

I ASK REIMBURSEMENT FOR THE SHIP A 5-3 SANTI SPEED  LIVEOAK BUILDSTRENGHT with gold reinf mast gold magazine gold planking

gold steel toolbox, gold hammocks, gold pellew sight, gold rum rations, blue powder monkeys

TBh i told he usa inside the battle about the glitch and they chosed anyway to continue the fight,    GG and then u call my clan, toxic lol 

350add5.jpg

Edited by Lord Vicious

Doesnt matter becouse by time time we undock, tag time (20 sec), enter battle +1 timer before  battle start all my guys where able to join , cause the battle still got 40 seconds open.

Devs consider 120 seconds but is not enought for avoid ppl joining a battle  becouse battle timer+1 battle prep  is more.  IF ppl are in the reinf circle they can join is with another 20-30sec spare on the battle. 

Also some of my guys undocked BEFORE me so their timer was lower then mine before i tagged :)  so your excuse not work

Edited by Lord Vicious

Also some of my guys undocked BEFORE me so their timer was lower then mine before i tagged :)  so your excuse not work

If they were within the tag circle they would have been automatically called in and would've been able to join. There are four join circles. They would have had ample time and more than enough routes to get into the battle. Either they didn't join it intentionally, or something here is not right. 

f7998dd.jpg

If they were within the tag circle they would have been automatically called in and would've been able to join. There are four join circles. They would have had ample time and more than enough routes to get into the battle. Either they didn't join it intentionally, or something here is not right. 

Jeez why u so bad at understanding game mechanics

THEY GOT INVU TIMER, so i tag i get in fight, but they not get dragged in

and no there is 2 circle for join only, and our was in the ground u cant even watch a screen ?

Edited by Lord Vicious

Port undock gank prevented by the beautiful new system, don't see a problem here. Instead of undock jumping (you attacked) how about you fight on the open seas for a change.

You cant , again another bad player who not understand new game mechanics

the moment you undock, enemy outside tag you and your reinforcement circle get put into the LAND  got it? you not have time for get distance and fight in OW, so camping a city now make impossible for the ppl inside to undock and fight.

Your friends not get pulled in also 

You cant , again another bad player who not understand new game mechanics

the moment you undock, enemy outside tag you and your reinforcement circle get put into the LAND  got it? you not have time for get distance and fight in OW, so camping a city now make impossible for the ppl inside to undock and fight.

Your friends not get pulled in also 

Problem is you attacked, you weren't the one tagged.

• Like 1

@Cragger It wouldn't have been much of a problem IF the join circle was not on land. The whole fleet right next to him was locked out of battle immediately. What don't you understand about that, or do you think that once side should only be allowed to join.

Lolz step back, consider what you are typing regardless of Vicious making the post. 

This is a problem for everyone and should be addressed. Am sure the devs  will be in here in the morning...

• Like 3

so i tag i get in fight, but they not get dragged in

So why did you imply you were attacked by US in the OP?

and no there is 2 circle for join only, and our was in the ground u cant even watch a screen ?

Yeah, messy, but your choice to tag right by land with reinforcements toward land (opposite direction from the US player you attacked). Nice try at ganking those US players in frigates with all your Santissimas, though.

So why did you imply you were attacked by US in the OP?

Yeah, messy, but your choice to tag right by land with reinforcements toward land (opposite direction from the US player you attacked). Nice try at ganking those US players in frigates with all your Santissimas, though.

We were not ganking them, they blockade and camp the port.

The problem is SORRY was not able to join because our circle was in the land unable to get to. But you just love making up stuff to make yourselves feel better. 

So what? my friends undocked before me, so 20sec+20sec for tag +10-20 sec for preparation they got almost a 40-60sec  window for join :) if the circle not was in the land

still not get eh? fact i tagged  matter 0, becouse my friends got 40-60 secs for join ANyway if the circle not was in land, since they undocked before me, plut my tag time+battle prep +1min and half of battle.   so is a ship lost to a bug, get over it,  we could have undock in 200 santi make no difference.  Is lost cause  a game bug.    and since DIUS got ship back for a similar mechanics. i am expecting same threatment from the devs.   And i bet Ellis got his santi too when he lost that to same bug of Dius in AYS.

The motion was this:

undock all,, then i undock 20sec later, i tag +20 sec,  battle timer prep 20 seconds, battle start 1,30 min.        at that point my guys where only 40 sec away from joining with a good 30-60 sec opportunity window. before battle closed.

So your assumption of i tagged you bla bla, are completely WRONG.  That made no difference since i tagged in a timely manner that wll allow my mates to join since their timer was already going down  before i started tagging :)

Edited by Lord Vicious

So what? my friends undocked before me, so 20sec+20sec for tag +10-20 sec for preparation they got almost a 40-60sec  window for join :) if the circle not was in the land

still not get eh? fact i tagged  matter 0, becouse my friends got 40-60 secs for join ANyway if the circle not was in land, since they undocked before me, plut my tag time+battle prep +1min and half of battle.   so is a ship lost to a bug, get over it,  we could have undock in 200 santi make no difference.  Is lost cause  a game bug.    and since DIUS got ship back for a similar mechanics. i am expecting same threatment from the devs.   And i bet Ellis got his santi too when he lost that to same bug of Dius in AYS.

The motion was this:

undock all,, then i undock 20sec later, i tag +20 sec,  battle timer prep 20 seconds, battle start 1,30 min.        at that point my guys where only 40 sec away from joining with a good 30-60 sec opportunity window. before battle closed.

So your assumption of i tagged you bla bla, are completely WRONG.  That made no difference since i tagged in a timely manner that wll allow my mates to join since their timer was already going down  before i started tagging :)

All you had to do while invulnerable was sail out from immediate dock up range from the port to put the circle not on land. That's your mistake not the game's.

Edited by Cragger

Hi guys,

I fully understand the issue with respect to join circles being on land as I lost a connie  (last dur btw) when I was jumped by two Swedes and the SORRY trinc that I was chasing, turned and joined the Swedes, so it was three against one.  I was the point man of the force chasing the SORRY trinc but my mates could not join battle as the US join circle was on land.  So it happens.  It happened to me yesterday, the first day of the patch, and I immediately posted this issue on the Steam thread. http://steamcommunity.com/app/311310/discussions/1/364041517009836870/?ctp=2 specifically post #20.

As for the timers, invu, can not attack, etc.  Folks need to learn the timing system and adjust accordingly with his mates, reinforcements and any actions in hostile water.   Indeed, I lost a few traders early in my career in NA due to the shall I say . . . "issues" . . .  with the mechanics involving ports and the entry of folks from the ports to OW and vice versa.  For like the first 50 hours or so of my game play I did not see a pirate if I pay to see one, then the moment I sail my first trader out of the sky comes 4th grade an up ships all from SORRY.  It not only happened once but twice.   I learned to adjust and deal with it.  But until I did I lost 800 coal on my first loss, which does not seem like a lot to me now, but back then it was a handful of work.

Bottom line guys, things are not perfect and one needs to work around things.  Just I had to do with my traders, folks need to do with warships and allies around hostile waters, learn the port mechanic and deal with is so you do not get caught in a situation not of ones choosing. 

I would like to say as a side note that I heard from my mates that the SORRY guys that jumped me were mocking and laughing about the jump on global chat.   I did not appreciate it as I was new to the game and spent some time gathering the materials and felt I got hosed by an issue with respect to port mechanics.  It happens we just need to adjust.   Sometimes it happens to you sometimes the other guy.  What goes around comes around.  

All you had to do while invulnerable was sail out from immediate dock up range from the port to put the circle not on land. That's your mistake not the game's.

Again you not understand game mechanics  THERE IS ONLY 20 SEC OF INVU not enought for sail in a first faar enought for not make the circle spawn again on land

also i am not supposed to sail anywere, tag is supposed to work as intended, with reinf circle available on sea not on Land. Or i want tanks

Edited by Lord Vicious

You of all people expect other players to let you go in a situation like that? You must be joking, right? The way you present yourself (not even talking about your clan, just you) on the forums and in game, ...

So much anger in your post again. Read the post of your mate dius (when he lost his ship to circle of death)and learn how to make a thread without hate and bile gushing out of every second line.

Well, re-read (or read for the first time) what Dius said earlier in this thread:  (paraphrased) "this is not about Lord Vicious; this is about a game mechanic problem that can affect every player."  Please save your PvP for the OW.

Edited by vonKrimm

I had the same issue when i got tagged by a swedish constitution yesterday morning. My mate couldnt get into the battle because the reinforcement circle for our side was right inside of an island.

Luckily I didnt need his help and won the engagement alone, but it still sucks that he couldnt get in.

f7998dd.jpg

Jeez why u so bad at understanding game mechanics

THEY GOT INVU TIMER, so i tag i get in fight, but they not get dragged in

From that screenshot it looks as if the pirate join area was not in the ground but the US one was half way in land... hmmm  Also you tagged someone knowing full well that some of your members would not be able to join.

• Like 1

From that screenshot it looks as if the pirate join area was not in the ground but the US one was half way in land... hmmm  Also you tagged someone knowing full well that some of your members would not be able to join.

OMG You're so dumb it hurt's, this is just a screenshot showing that one side was able to join while the other one can't, the one we are talking about where the santi was lost was this one. And this is not about Vicious losing his santi. It is about a game BUG, and when you lose a ship to a game bug you get your ship back as a redeemable.350add5.jpg

Again you not understand game mechanics  THERE IS ONLY 20 SEC OF INVU not enought for sail in a first faar enought for not make the circle spawn again on land

also i am not supposed to sail anywere, tag is supposed to work as intended, with reinf circle available on sea not on Land. Or i want tanks

20 seconds plus tag time sir.

As far as the second part I don't see this as a bug at all. If you want to jump out of port then actually jump out and leave the port. The end of end of the dock port undock jump ganks is a beautiful thing to me and not a bug.

Edited by Cragger