Game-Labs Forum

Why do you play the Nation you play

Hethwill

Why do you play the Nation you play  

113 members have voted

1. 1. As TITLE inquires, disregard several choices in different servers, focus on main choice. Choose the most appropriate.

• Nation citizen in reality
    • Because of History of the Nation
    • My gaming community ( not exclusive to NA ) chose the play it
    • Because of the map location
    • Historical/Fictional characters from books/movies/etc make me want to play it
    • I play test all Nations.
    • There is another reason... here's why... ( explain it in one short sentence )

I originally made a USA captain because I was uncertain about hitting a "language barrier" if I started as a captain of another country.  The Carolina Coast was fairly boring to sail, so the next time I started playing the game I made a Denmark-Norway captain on the PVE server, because I like being one of the "little guys", and because their home port is nicely situated for exploring and variety.  Most recently I made a Netherlands captain, though the Venezualan coast rarely has players on the US PVP server when I'm playing.  I'm still learning/testing how to play, so I'm not committed to any nation yet. 

• Like 1

Britannia rules the wave

Currently a pirate, for two reasons. Primarily (one I voted) is because the clan I play with switched from USA on PVP2 to pirate on PVP1 for bigger populations and more PVP. Pirate faction naturally lends itself to the PVP due to location and ROE, so it makes me a happy camper.

• Like 2

I joined Spain first on PvP2 because of my own family history. I am a member of the house Habsburg-Lothringen and thus chose Spain because of the family's rule in the 17th century. Also because Austria isn't a part of the game so it was the next best thing :P 

• Like 2

The Dutch: libertate Unanimous (in freedom united)

Its a smaller nation, yet very much capable. I loved playing with the old guard from early OW, just after ST. Some of the most enjoyable people i came across in my years in online games. I never wanted to leave/change, because i found my home.

• Like 4

Caribbean pirates cause of their history like equality, democracy and rebellious attitude towards the authorities. Living the pirate life at beach of some laid-back pirate haven as portrayed in movies of course, too.. I also don't give a rat's ass about SOLs, so yeah..

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm curious to know if people would change their nation choice if each nation had its own attributes, especially in relation to what ships they could build and how their ships were built (with spacing like Spain, France, GB, or without spacing like the US), and also in the government structure (if it were different based on history).

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14800-nation-specific-differences/

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...