Game-Labs Forum

Why do you play the Nation you play

Hethwill

Why do you play the Nation you play  

113 members have voted

1. 1. As TITLE inquires, disregard several choices in different servers, focus on main choice. Choose the most appropriate.

• Nation citizen in reality
    • Because of History of the Nation
    • My gaming community ( not exclusive to NA ) chose the play it
    • Because of the map location
    • Historical/Fictional characters from books/movies/etc make me want to play it
    • I play test all Nations.
    • There is another reason... here's why... ( explain it in one short sentence )

I chose US because I am from there but also because it has never been an option to me in other games before. I also didn't want to play the most populated nation and figured the US would land somewhere in the middle. I've previously played pirate in all the games before this one.

• Like 2

I chose pirates because there is no faction related to my country of origin (Italy)...and btw Malta order( Knights of St.John) is a great idea, is like a neutral faction, people of all nations joined the order ...

Edited by Coriolanus
  • Like 2

A fascination with piracy in all forms. I played a pirate in the very very old MMO jumpgate space sim which got me into reading about real pirates. Since then it's always been a fascination. Learning about pirates in turn got me fascinated with early naval shenanigans in general, but really, the way in which pirates led their lives is what really peaked my interest. 

In NA I get to pretend to be one  :ph34r:

• Like 3

I chose Spain first because that's the nation i was most tied to in POTBS.

When i got in game no one in Nation chat was speaking English so i figured id roll U.S. until i learned the game.  I got comfortable as a yank.

• Like 2

Early buy in friend went U.S. after last wipe. I have no particular attachments to U.S. in a game. I'd have gladly played British, or any other nation that caught my interest if there was a sufficient English speaking population.

• Like 1

Mine is both "Because of History of Nation/Historical/Fictional characters from books/movies/etc make me want to play it" and "My gaming community (not exclusive to NA) chose the play it"

Let me preface with: Messengers of Death started on Pirates of the Burning Sea where we play pirate. We expanded to ArcheAge and now Naval Action. We intended to turn pirate on ArcheAge, but the choice seemed too detrimental to the soc's wellbeing (going pirate would have meant losing a lot of members and hard work). But pirate is still our main identifier. 

However, I myself am not one of the original founders of MoD; I joined on PotBS and was later promoted to one of 3 leaders.

On PotBS, I joined pirates because I study the age of sail (among other topics) and absolutely loved the actual history surrounding the pirates. Of course the fanciful/romantic version of pirates also had a little bit to do with it, but all-in-all it's the historical idea of the underdog that is the pirate that I like. 

If Pirates weren't in NA, my second choice would be plit between Britain (rich naval history, plus having "Royal" in your name is always nice.) or the U.S. (of which I am a citizen and also has a decent amount of Naval history)

• Like 1

I joined Danemark-Norge, originally I wanted to join Pirates, but I was under the mistaken belief it would be very difficult. So I joined the danes instead, I'm british irl, but am a republican so the whole king and country thing doesn't appeal to me. I have danish and austrian ancestry (my family are dirty immigrants :v) so I settled with the danes. For now at least anyway. The lure of hoisting the black and being free with the wind at my back is hard to resist. Soon.jpg.

• Like 1

I started as a pirate in the game POTCO. After Disney shut that down, my guild moved to POTBS but only a few stuck with the game. Then through the POTBS pirate nation teamspeak, I heard about Naval Action. PVP is so much better in Naval Action than in POTBS (no classes and skill sets) although POTBS avcom was always fun. When picking a nation, I liked how pirates were a central part of the map. And since I did not care about conquest in POTBS I figured the same would be for NA & so chose pirate.

• Like 1

I chose Britain because the era where the game takes place is - for me - firmly woven with the British history. Ahm, nowadays I sometimes think about changing, just to contribute to smaller populated nations, but I like also the fact that in british community (due to the great amount of people there) you'll find almost any time somebody who joins for PVP or fleeting. And I don't like to stick to certain play times (like it is common in most of the clans) because I have family and real life too.

• Like 2

First I played for France since some of my buddies were already there. Later switched to Sweden, since my buddies had effectively stopped playing, and there was at the time a rather large language barrier between the French and non-French speaking players.

Why Sweden? Because the friday night before I switched had been dubbed Black Friday, a name some of you will remember. The night Sweden lost all its ports in the Denmark-Sweden war. Figured I might as well go hardcore in this game :P

• Like 3