Game-Labs Forum

[SORRY] Stars and Skulls- PVP 1 EU- Pirates

Wasn't aware 15 bored people in a mix bag taking uncontested ports was considered an assault. Heck we had to go all the way down to de padre for anything to even happen ;p

Btw, hurry up. There is way too much annoying green in the gulf harboring lone victory/santisma fleet runners. I thought You'd at least be to Penzacola by now.

P.S. fixed my parapraxis

Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.' People who speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain would do well to apply this story to themselves.[4]

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 1

Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.' People who speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain would do well to apply this story to themselves.[4]

What is this in response to: 15 people taking random ports out of boredom, or you not being at Pensacola yet? Because you're not referencing the original meaning of that fable: the refusal to admit defeat. We have more than acknowledged our defeat. We lost the East Coast in a mere handful of days, and we are being pushed so quickly that I wonder how far we will be down the list when the next territory post is made in national news. 

Given the new patch releasing in the near future, I am surprised you haven't moved faster.

Edited by EricKilla

And grabbing random quotes off wikipedia and trying to pass them off as your own proves? I mean ffs, at least remove the footnote citation when you copy and paste them lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes#cite_note-4

Edited by Cragger

Quit feeding him guys.  All you're doing is providing popcorn scenes for the rest of the community.  Let them do as they will, say what they want.  Nitpicking on their clan page isn't the way to go.

Quit feeding him guys.  All you're doing is providing popcorn scenes for the rest of the community.  Let them do as they will, say what they want.  Nitpicking on their clan page isn't the way to go.

But I want to feed him. I want to motivate them to pick up the pace. They are only going to get uncontested ports so the only thing they can show off is how fast they can take them. And the U.S. nation in game needs a good clean sweeping and SORRY can do that.   

The reason that the Americans lose consistently to the SORRY clan is that they lack competent leadership.

Rank requirement have been cut in half and the new fleet orders are more lucrative than any "reinforcement exploit"  ever was. After you got your ass kicked the first time you should have ranked up, built first rates and practiced fleet tactics. In stead you make excuses and rationalize defeat.  

It seems that your current strategy is to curl up in a fetal position and hope we will stop beating you. 

You  believe the British will save you.  It is time for you to man up and save yourselves.

You have more players than SORRY.

You have more resources than SORRY.

You have more crafters than SORRY.

There is no excuse for the American Nation to be as weak and wimpy as they are.  

At some point SORRY is going to let you off the mat and you should use that opportunity to consolidate your best players under competent leadership and learn how to fight as a fleet. 

The reason that the Americans lose consistently to the SORRY clan is that they lack competent leadership.

Rank requirement have been cut in half and the new fleet orders are more lucrative than any "reinforcement exploit"  ever was. After you got your ass kicked the first time you should have ranked up, built first rates and practiced fleet tactics. In stead you make excuses and rationalize defeat.  

It seems that your current strategy is to curl up in a fetal position and hope we will stop beating you. 

If you count towers are beating I suppose. The few of us on that actually do anything but fleet anymore are just having fun elsewhere.

You  believe the British will save you.  It is time for you to man up and save yourselves.

I'm pretty sure anyone in the U.S. that has been around and done the major defending over the months has no expectations of this. Reading nation chat on your alt might give you that impression though as there are quite a few out of touch with reality players in that.

You have had more players than SORRY.

Fixed that for you, U.S. player population is frankly abysmal and has been for a long while and scattered across far too much coast line spending their time doing fleets missions in the gulf

You have had more resources than SORRY.

Fixed for you as well. Practically all the Gulf resources are being bought up by PvEs and sold to NPCs for profit thanks to the fixed prices. I'd say at the moment everyone is on the same footing thanks to the compass wood production/euro trade cycle.

You have more crafters than SORRY.

This one is highly likely to be true and likely selling for self profit outside of a few more dedicated clans

There is no excuse for the American Nation to be as weak and wimpy as they are.  

Absolutely correct, which is why SORRY needs to hurry up and clear out the Gulf. Too many U.S. nation players hiding in the gulf away from all the scary PVP. Why aren't you in Penzacola yet?!?

At some point SORRY is going to let you off the mat and you should use that opportunity to consolidate your best players under competent leadership and learn how to fight as a fleet. 

Would have to be on the mat in the first place, U.S. nation had defeated itself before SORRY came back again. Those that actually play for the nation are just letting you do our laundry and cleanse us of too many ports and players that don't play for the nation. 

In all sincerity thank you for your janitorial services  :)

If you count towers are beating I suppose. The few of us on that actually do anything but fleet anymore are just having fun elsewhere
Fixed that for you, U.S. player population is frankly abysmal and has been for a long while and scattered across far too much coast line spending their time doing fleets missions in the gulf

It is not our fault that your ports are undefended.

It is not our fault your player base sucks. You had a lot of good players who came to U.S. from PvP2. You should have helped them with money to get set up and made sure they had proper port battle ships. Instead they were put on waiting lists while ganking frigates were being built instead of first rates. When they quit the U.S. in disgust many came to us. They got more help from us in 2 days than they got from you in 2 weeks. They are some of our best players. These players that should have been fighting by your side are now kicking your ass.

Every player we have sails the biggest ship they can crew. Those of us that can't crew 1st rates spend their time getting rank and practicing fleet tactics and maneuver. We don't cheat. We don't have some magic "exploit".  We help each other become better players. We fight as a unit. We have competent fleet commanders that the rank and file has confidence in. We learn from our mistakes. This is why you cannot defeat us.

The developers can put us in rowboats with cannon that shoot marshmallows and soon enough we will steal your ships and kick your ass with them.

There was a time when we could have as Americans worked together and helped each other make the U.S. the strongest nation in this game.

All we wanted was EQUAL standing in the council even though we knew you were not our equals.The council with it's arrogant pomposity and petty infighting pissed off the rank and file of this clan so much that they decided to go Pirate. It was NOT the Idea of the leadership to go pirate.. it was the rank and file of this clan that demanded it.  

The council is dead. All of that stuff as far as I am concerned is water under the bridge. I truly hope you guys can get your shit together and give us a descent fight.    

I am just one of the rank and file of the SORRY clan. I hold no rank and have little influence in clan policy.

Sir FartsAlot 

Edited by BeeRanch
  • Like 1

We have disgruntled American's joining our ranks too. They need to get their shiz together fast.

Had a situation last week were I (alone in surprise) attacked an LGV near Sunbury with a US player essex, trinc and connie sailing towards us when the battle started. Did they join to help their countryman? NOPE! I was gobsmacked. 

It's that sort of attitude that is killing the US.

• Like 3

Könntet ihr mal bitte aufhören all unsere Häfen an der Ostküste einzunehmen? Das verdirbt uns allen den Spielspaß.

What he says is : Can you please stop taking all Ports on the East-Coast ? It takes the fun away.

In my opinion he speaks a true word. I spend the most time to farm resources for crafting by my owne. Today i took part in my first Portbattle with a Basic Consti. and not in a 3rd or Imger.

Cause i got not the Ressources to Rank up on Crafting.

So i will stay on small ships and will do nothing untill we can get a few Ports and get ressources.

What he says is : Can you please stop taking all Ports on the East-Coast ? It takes the fun away.

In my opinion he speaks a true word. I spend the most time to farm resources for crafting by my owne. Today i took part in my first Portbattle with a Basic Consti. and not in a 3rd or Imger.

Cause i got not the Ressources to Rank up on Crafting.

So i will stay on small ships and will do nothing untill we can get a few Ports and get ressources.

Take your ports back, no one is protecting them.

We have disgruntled American's joining our ranks too. They need to get their shiz together fast.

Had a situation last week were I (alone in surprise) attacked an LGV near Sunbury with a US player essex, trinc and connie sailing towards us when the battle started. Did they join to help their countryman? NOPE! I was gobsmacked. 

It's that sort of attitude that is killing the US.

Keyword there is Sunbury. Most of the few remaining U.S. players have learned of the stupidity of port jumping out of freeports this game allows. So naturally they didn't go for what is 99% of the time a rather obvious port jump tag.

It is not our fault that your ports are undefended.

It is not our fault your player base sucks. You had a lot of good players who came to U.S. from PvP2. You should have helped them with money to get set up and made sure they had proper port battle ships. Instead they were put on waiting lists while ganking frigates were being built instead of first rates. When they quit the U.S. in disgust many came to us. They got more help from us in 2 days than they got from you in 2 weeks. They are some of our best players. These players that should have been fighting by your side are now kicking your ass.

Every player we have sails the biggest ship they can crew. Those of us that can't crew 1st rates spend their time getting rank and practicing fleet tactics and maneuver. We don't cheat. We don't have some magic "exploit".  We help each other become better players. We fight as a unit. We have competent fleet commanders that the rank and file has confidence in. We learn from our mistakes. This is why you cannot defeat us.

The developers can put us in rowboats with cannon that shoot marshmallows and soon enough we will steal your ships and kick your ass with them.

There was a time when we could have as Americans worked together and helped each other make the U.S. the strongest nation in this game.

All we wanted was EQUAL standing in the council even though we knew you were not our equals.The council with it's arrogant pomposity and petty infighting pissed off the rank and file of this clan so much that they decided to go Pirate. It was NOT the Idea of the leadership to go pirate.. it was the rank and file of this clan that demanded it.  

The council is dead. All of that stuff as far as I am concerned is water under the bridge. I truly hope you guys can get your shit together and give us a descent fight.    

I am just one of the rank and file of the SORRY clan. I hold no rank and have little influence in clan policy.

Sir FartsAlot 

Yeah giving those millions and all those ships to people coming from PVP2 so they join against the pirates and not join the pirates really paid off, oh waits that's what they did the very next day lol. Wonderful propaganda speech though. Council in all honesty was never even a real thing, just a boogeyman excuse. SG that started it hasn't even played for a month or more.

I don't defend the logistics or organization of the U.S. in game. Never was that effective, scattershot across a ridiculously long coastline. Seriously you need to take a cruise along the gulf in an alt and just count the number of Victory, Santisma, and Pavel mission runners that would never even think of risking their precious pixels in a PB. 

If you actually want a real fight then stop lazing around the East Coast and get your butts moving across the gulf. Force the PVErs and Fleet missioners to have no place to go but back to Charleston if they actually want to be part of a nation. If not then well they can go pirate like everyone else does when they get their britches in a twist. I'd rather the U.S. have a few ports with a strong presence the the long string of emptiness everyone scurries into when the scary PvP happens.

Usa will have nothing else then Charleston, i think the first time was clear who won and who lost, but tf-tda keep spinning lies and propaganda about how they defeated us (lol we not lost a single pb in our main fleet ) if they wanna live this time they  to need to make public unconditional surrender, then we can sit on a table with the new usa leaders and decide borders, and of course they need to give up on their alliance with brit.

Do that and i will give you peace, otherwise keep losing players and ports, we not gonna stop. 

1) council end (done already)

2) pubblic surrender

3) new usa leaders for sure no thomas pains, sam adams, or any of the ppl who horribly failed and hide now

4) no alliance with brit

5) table where we agree borders 

About ppl from pvp2 our clan gave over 20 first rates for production cost (70% give away with their promise to pay when they can ) to the pvp2 players that joined us, and countless other ships pavels bellonas 3rds,    recently 35 new players joined us and they all already in first rates etc.  You need to invest , and soo far all beside 1 stick with the clan and become a great addiction

Edited by Lord Vicious

Usa will have nothing else then Charleston, i think the first time was clear who won and who lost, but tf-tda keep spinning lies and propaganda about how they defeated us (lol we not lost a single pb in our main fleet ) if they wanna live this time they  to need to make public unconditional surrender, then we can sit on a table with the new usa leaders and decide borders, and of course they need to give up on their alliance with brit.

Do that and i will give you peace, otherwise keep losing players and ports, we not gonna stop. 

1) council end (done already)

2) pubblic surrender

3) new usa leaders for sure no thomas pains, sam adams, or any of the ppl who horribly failed and hide now

4) no alliance with brit

5) table where we agree borders 

Amusing List :)

Still too many green ports, why so slow?

Amusing List :)

Still too many green ports, why so slow?

Since we started SORRY have taken 50 ports in a week, that an average of what 6-7 day ?

2 where contested yesterday, and we took again 5 ports in 1 night and defended 2,    we are a clan cant take ports more faster sailing time wind etc (usa setting port at shit timer for us cause they think we not take them lol) , consider that in some day we have take 10-12 in 1 night.. i think we doing fine.

Tbh i have much more respect for WBK and FORGE then TF-TDA who keep thinking they are good and instead they hide after they lost the first sorry war,      wbk maybe be new, with not great experience or numbers BUT THEY FIGHT  and they dont give up, thats similar to our spirit.  We troll them cause we beat them  but we respect their willing to fight. IF usa got another 2 clan like them, we where fighting on each port not advancing that fast.

STATS SO FAR

USA "CLEANING" CAMPAIGN      SORRY

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA LOSS:

3 santi (1 captured)

4 victory (1 captured)

9 pavels (3 captured)

12 bellonas (3 captured)

31 3rd rates (5 captured)

38 constitutions (9 captured)

21 trincomalee (6 captured)

minor ships frigs: 68

total =  186

SORRY LOSS:

1 SANTI (ganked cause was too behind the fleet lol)

1 3rd rate 

4-5 conny-minor ships 

total = 7

Edited by Lord Vicious