Game-Labs Forum

Rule on collaborating with the enemy

Known alts of players of other nations trolling nation chat have been banned.

You are pointing at today. I am fine with that if someone is stupid enough to disrupt a chat with an alt. But i was going further, i am pointing at the road of following the crybabies that whine about everything and then react with rules that re only to appease the whinners, that will never be appeased.

The whole "known spy" thing is really fucked up. It is an open invite to start reporting everyone because it is a "known alt" just because he said something i don't like.

I want devs to develop the game not to spend their day swimming in dumb reports.

Edited by Migui
  • Like 1

'Known Alts'   ...................................I can hear alt accounts around the globe going silent and being remade as we speak.  I don't have any(or do I?) If you see a charactor named...   NotBarbarrossa'sAlt it's a good bet it's not my alt.. and I'm quite positive that dude will be one helpful Angel to all..  a role model for Political Correctness in fact.

All joking aside I'm thinking if someone gets banned for trolling National Chat and trying to recruit in National Chat for another faction I really don't want him on my side to begin with.. ;)

• Like 1

You can accuse anyone fo anything you want. Since you cannot prove that, no-one will waste time on it.

The rule clearly states - it is reinforced through admission only.

TaranisPrime, please focus on playing the game, rather than creating more artificial/unnecessary/dynamic breaking problems and relating support work.

On one hand you're the first to scream "wasted time!", on the other you do nothing but try to forcefully "break" the rules by imagining incredible scenarios and coming up with pointless and overly complicated solutions. Which wouldn't be that bad, if not for the fact that you're working very hard to misinterpret very obvious rules.

Not sure where the obsession of making things personal or argumentative comes from - a little aperture of mind would go a long way.  You seem to think that the scenarios i related in other threads are fabricated - but they are what I have experienced, witnessed, and what others have also relayed in this very forum. 

In this particular thread, we seem to be making a lot about spying - players going out of their ways towards the creation of alt accounts to snoop on a given faction....  I agree that it is a deplorable behavior.  That said, spies did exist throughout the course of history.  While that behavior may happen in game, the players in clans/teams (in my experience) tend to watch out for that and avoid it (and flush out players suspected of spying).  Thus, in my experience in game, this is not a big issue.  My observation is that creating rules around this practice which is going to be based on he said/she said dynamics, which in my opinion, will cause/waste angst and effort.  That said, I am fine with that rule.

My beef in this case is the careless use of the word "banning".  I think that there are other ways of dealing with above discussed behavior.  I also think that a game where developers/moderators always threaten to "ban" folks (as the word has been used in multiple other threads now) is not going to create a lot of goodwill and will turn new players off.  True: this again is a matter of opinion based on past personal experience.

Now, the subject of my motivation, which you seem to question.  My goal is to give feedback and in so doing try to help developers create a great game.  I realize that I am just one opinion and that those of others matter as much...  which is the very reason why I do not take kindly to people who pretend to know it all and crush any opinions that diverge from their own.

Does this include tagging your own nation in pointless battles to remove them from important battles?

Does this include buying flags and not using them so the attacking fleet cannot carry out their attack?

Trolling nation chat is the least of our concerns right now.

• Like 3

So what are the rules regarding alt´s.

I do recall that we may have as many accounts as we wish i have more then one and do not hide my alt´s name and he belongs to the nation i play for can we get a confirmation if that is with in limits ?

I believe having alts tied in with the same nation is fine.  It is more about the fact some people make alt spies but then hop on nation chat and then troll nation chat or entice those in the nation to join a different nation.

Alts in same nation: ok

Alt spies: ok

Alts that troll nation chat or entice to join a different nation: Not ok

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

If players would focus on testing and help the devs instead of trolling, exploiting there would be no need for such rules. But since we have soo many trolls in this game we need rules. And seriously if a troll getd banned I am fine with it. Better to loose a troll who paid 40 bucks than loose 100 players because of this troll.

Oh btw british channel os also full with spies. Especially from pirates and danes. So I guess pirates should have no problem with having spies in thier own chat, right?

• Like 1

If players would focus on testing and help the devs instead of trolling, exploiting there would be no need for such rules. But since we have soo many trolls in this game we need rules. And seriously if a troll getd banned I am fine with it. Better to loose a troll who paid 40 bucks than loose 100 players because of this troll.

Completely agree and totally the right mindset for the test runs and even the healthy longevity of the game.

PS - post should've been just that piece of text, the second paragraph stained it. :)

• Like 1

We got few alts in danish national chat who spam fake info about PB. I saw one of them, reporting Guanica is full of 1st rates and no reason to defend it, despite guanica is shallow water port, or calling loud for defending ports, early reported by others that there is nothing more than cutter with fake flag. But at the end I wonder, how exactly moderators will check them being alt or not, if there is no "reason of report" menu in chat

Try and get in touch with a moderator of your faction via mail, while he is online to investigate. It's probably too hard to build a case after the fact. A mod can challenge the alt directly in chat.

Try and get in touch with a moderator of your faction via mail, while he is online to investigate. It's probably too hard to build a case after the fact. A mod can challenge the alt directly in chat.

I'm sorry, Maturin, but this is a really awful advice.

You can challenge the guy yourself - ask him openly if he's an alt. If he agrees, then use the reporting tool and boom! the guy gets banned.

If he doesn't come clean to you, he won't seeing a moderator. And if he doesn't, there is nothing no-one can do. You cannot confirm if he's an alt or not without a police investigation, so there's that.

I have an Alt in my nation to help with getting crafting mats and saving myself some money by production buildings, with the hours i play i wanna make the most outta my crafting as i possibly can, it also helps provide important things for our clan plus the pubbies that are looking for ships or any other mats they may require, i find this helpful and the way it should be used, i even put the same last name on my Alt to show that I'm not hiding it, those that do abuse it to spy/ grief and troll on other nation are just sad and a waste of space.