Game-Labs Forum

Port Battle Bug - 1st Rate lost:

Dius

Bug report - NAB-36518

Just finished the defensive PB for Ays.

US Vs Pirates

Came to the end of the fight. Everyone was chasing the last group of 7-8 US ships including Bellona / 3rd Rates & 1 Santisima.

PB timer was running down. Was at about 6 min left. 

All of a sudden my ship had No armor, from pretty much full health.

I was not outside the PB circle... So I asked on TS what the fuck is going on....

The guys suggested I press to see if the PB circle had started to shrink.

I was clearly still inside the circle of safety =) but my ship was still taking on water and magically stripped of all remaining armor.

No big deal...

I was so far away from the remaining 5 enemies at this point that I was able to click out of PB with not even 1/2 my ship under water.

When I got to the combat results screen... I discovered my Santisima with 2 gold perms & 4 gold / 1 purple upgrades had sunk lol.

Seriously WTF is up with the PB circle. And why did I still loose the ship even though I was able to click out?

So just to re-cap -

No PB circle to indicate PB circle boundary.  

After pressing N the circle was still very VERY far away from me and group that was with me.

I was able to click out way before ship sunk.

A Santisima with those perms & upgrades is a time investment I really hope can be replaced once the devs investigate this issue.

Don't have any screen shots but we did have a guys recording the entire PB. 

So will post that here once its edited & uploaded.

Regards,

Dius

• Like 1

Yeah both [TDA] ELLIS (usa) and  [sORRY]Dius (pirate) lost 2 santi due this bug  i not care that ellis is american, he not deserve the loss as well dius not deserve it

Lol I didn't even know this happened to [TDA] ELLIS as well, from the US fleet =/ 

Agreed, very frustrating bug for both side. Please see to this devs, looks like the circle is not shrinking on the visual side, with no 5 minute warning notification issued prior to the armor being removed. Those are major gameplay issues and need to be addressed as soon as possible, please.

Regards,

RockNRollMachine

EDIT:  I also strongly believed that the armor removal itself might not be showing up, because I left the battle with plenty of hp left, but when i got to port to repair, I was down to 0% hp on all side, as if the circle 5min timer had popped me up already. Again, very frustrating bug. Please see to it as soon as possible devs.

Edited by RockNRollMachine

Captains, thank you for the report. The issue will be investigated, please. also post here the video you have mentioned once it's done

Thank you for the quick reply, Ink.

The Pirate video will be uploaded by this evening.

Pretty sure the US fleet recorded the PB also, they may add their video once its ready for upload.

[TDA] ELLIS from US fleet also lost a Santi due to the same issue, from what the US reps told me this morning =/

What really sux is I am now out of contention for helping with PB defence / attacks this evening through no fault of my own.

And no way to get another Santi or replace all the perms / upgrades I lost for at least 3-4 days.

Anyway I really hope you can help with this.

D,

Wasn't involved in the battle but can confirm that Global chat was full of mention of this bug last night, after the battle finished.

I sailed down by Ays and saw the combatants just before entry. Lots of big beautiful ships!

I've noticed a similar but different issue.  I didn't bug report it because it was only slightly off.

The other day when I was in a port battle with my Renomee, I could sail just outside the circle, about 1/4 to 1/2 Renomee ship length outside, and I was still counted as inside the circle.  I'll bug report it next time.  Maybe it is related.

I've never been a fan of the circle and this just reinforces that. I hope when land is introduced the game can make use of shallows/islands to create a more natural combat perimeter with only a few tangible exits, because the mechanics used by the circle (sudden complete armor loss) seem like they will always be ripe for this type of unfortunate bug.

• Like 1

This happened to a number of US players in a shallow water PB a few days ago. We were trying to run out the clock and on the lookout for the collapsing circle - visually well inside circle but same effect armor gone and filling with water. Did file an F11 at the time.

• Like 3

This happened to a number of US players in a shallow water PB a few days ago. We were trying to run out the clock and on the lookout for the collapsing circle - visually well inside circle but same effect armor gone and filling with water. Did file an F11 at the time.

It would appear this is an ongoing issue then at this point. 

Really didn't realise this many people had experienced the same PB bug.

Edited by Dius

I had a similar post not long ago about a trinco I had awhile back. The ship magically was destroyed somehow. It was quite troubling to me for awhile and I did ask for a return on the ship then too.

In short, no, they will not refund your ship because the game is still in testing phases unfortunately. They will THANK you for reporting the bug though at least.

Captains, thank you for the reports. The issue will be investigated, please, also post here the video you have mentioned once it's done

Got some decent footage of todays PB at Ayes.

US vs Rat

As you can see, the PB circle never shrinks...

Still waiting on upload of yesterdays it will be later today.

Hope this helps...

Edited by Dius

Captains, thank you for the reports. The issue will be investigated, please, also post here the video you have mentioned once it's done

This is the Port Battle video for Ayes you requested.

The last 7min of the battle is what needs to be reviewed - the link below should take you to the point you need to see.

At exactly 4min 27sec left in PB is where I click out... And lose my Santi.

You can easily see the PB circle is still in its original placement as well.

https://youtu.be/icqF7BHbz1c?t=3614

Please let me know either way when you come to a decision after seeing this footage.

Would really like my stuff back if at all possible.

D,

Edited by Dius
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...