Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix - 9.67

admin

Captains! Minor hotfix was deployed today.

What's new:

Flags updated for several countries

Reinforcements were disabled temporarily for rework

Captains no longer can enter battles from invisibility/invulnerability to avoid port hopping and hiding in battles for the purpose of ganking

Fixed bugs:

Boarding parties upgrade bug fixed

Unsynced gun sounds for several ships fixed

Several typos in gun tooltips fixed

• Like 16

Most excellent fixes.

This particular fix will totally change the high sea combat on many contested areas.

Captains no longer can enter battles from invisibility/invulnerability to avoid port hopping and hiding in battles for the purpose of ganking

• Like 1

Reinforcements were disabled temporarily for rework

I luv this ty devs =)

All my guys are getting set up around national newbie areas as I type. Let the seal clubbing commence!!!

D,

I luv this ty devs =)

All my guys are getting set up around national newbie areas as I type. Let the seal clubbing commence!!!

D,

To be fair, reinforcements were able to stop only the reaaaaly bad players from ganking in enemy waters... just slip past them, sink your prey, be merry.

• Like 5

To be fair, reinforcements were able to stop only the reaaaaly bad players from ganking in enemy waters... just slip past them, sink your prey, be merry.

They were useful when commands were enabled - really helping Captains who did not want to run. But some clever guys started giving bots stop command and farmed them. After this was disabled they became useless and did not provide any protection at all (sometimes firing through your sails for example)

Basically any good feature in a multiplayer game will be abused unfortunately :( we either have to close eyes on them or disable.

I luv this ty devs =)

D,

Just tested this, it will be bad. No reinforcements except for the random fleet sailing past. Two minutes battle lock in combination with this and the no joining while invulnerable is paradise for gankers/griefers.

Edited by Zehtuka

Just tested this, it will be bad. No reinforcements except for the random fleet sailing past. Two minutes battle lock in combination with this and the no joining while invulnerable is paradise for gankers/griefers.

I know right, we are only going to target the lowest rank of players right outside national capitals just coz we can =P

Sandbox is fun for all again... even the guys getting ganked straight after downloading the game.

D,

No reinforcements + 2 minute timer + 60s Invulnerability timer blocking joining = Your buddy is getting ganked right outside the port you're docked in, and you still only have 1 minute to react if you want to help him.

Time will tell, but this makes me very skeptical. Looks like a wet dream for gankers/blockades. Seems like those fixes are addressing separate issues but instead creating something worse when combined.

Edited by Guest

RIP AI reinforcements. A couple weeks ago I was patrolling the waters around of the Haitian Bay alone when I was suddenly ganked by 3 pirates which were in Frigates, like I was. Luckily I was able to call for reinforcements. As noted before, they didn't do much in the damage category and shot my sails a couple of times, but I was able to utilize their very predictable paths to use them as damage sponges while I worked the enemies down. I eventually forced them to retreat after crippling 2 of their ships and well-damaging the third.

• Like 2

I know right, we are only going to target the lowest rank of players right outside national capitals just coz we can =P

You still cannot attack in capital waters - what are you talking about?

RIP AI reinforcements. A couple weeks ago I was patrolling the waters around of the Haitian Bay alone when I was suddenly ganked by 3 pirates which were in Frigates, like I was. Luckily I was able to call for reinforcements. As noted before, they didn't do much in the damage category and shot my sails a couple of times, but I was able to utilize their very predictable paths to use them as damage sponges while I worked the enemies down. I eventually forced them to retreat after crippling 2 of their ships and well-damaging the third.

That is a story that could be repeated among many other players... Alas no longer =/

Possible reason for this sudden carpet pullhttp://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12359-easy-levelling-requires-2nd-account/

D,

First you introduce 2 min timers and now you remove this AI reinforcement crutch...I am impressed with these latest changes.

Reminder from earlier: personal AI fleets were also taken out for rework and in the end still limited only to lower rank players. You cannot attack people in capital region and this game was supposed to not have safe zones at all in the beginning.

Caribbean is dangerous again and that's great.

• Like 2

You still cannot attack in capital waters - what are you talking about?

To watch them sail out on their maiden voyage of course... probably to closest national port I would imagine like most other players.

Why do you have a better way of ganking new players that I don't know about???

D,

I like PVP, but this will drive a lot of people out of the game.

Not to mention that now there is even less point in holding many ports

No reinforcements + 2 minute timer + 60s Invulnerability timer blocking joining = Your buddy is getting ganked right outside the port you're docked in, and you still only have 1 minute to react if you want to help him.

Time will tell, but this makes me very skeptical. Looks like a wet dream for gankers/blockades. Seems like those fixes are addressing separate issues but instead creating something worse when combined.

Did you share your voice in this topic? 

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12359-easy-levelling-requires-2nd-account

Also - this change has nothing to do with ganking is easy to avoid by keeping your station.

Your friend could be sailing near you instead of hiding behind a horizon.

In my experience bots have never helped much because they cannot keep chase and switch targets. 

And the last statement 

Please read patch notes carefully before commenting. Don't waste anyone time with useless sarcasm. Reinforcements are taken down for potential rework. They don't work now + cause exploits. 

To watch them sail out on their maiden voyage of course... probably to closest national port I would imagine like most other players.

Why do you have a better way of ganking new players that I don't know about???

D,

Try attacking someone near his capital and report back. 

make a video maybe :)  then we talk.

Unless something broke down - you cannot attack the nation in the vicinity of their capital.

do you the dev even play your own game i mean disabling the ai reinforcements will be a gankers paradise i mean can you not think of something else to do 

you are bleeding players at an alarming rate and dont give the the bs that this is our live dream we will do what we want, there are investors behind your game and trust me they will want a return on their money and these fixes lately havent been helping the population at all

do you the dev even play your own game i mean disabling the ai reinforcements will be a gankers paradise i mean can you not think of something else to do 

you are bleeding players at an alarming rate and dont give the the bs that this is our live dream we will do what we want, there are investors behind your game and trust me they will want a return on their money and these fixes lately havent been helping the population at all

I do play this game i made for all fans of age of sail combat like myself

gSwhsZ1.png

i am the only investor

The position on timers is simple

• If you don't see enemy sails on the horizon you are safe and they will not join the battle
  • If enemy is on the horizon but against the wind they will not join the battle
  • Battle are instanced due to complex damage model and skill based shooting (not point and click mmo style) we have to have combat instanced.
  • Because battle are instanced time compression can only be handled by closing battles.
  • Which is now done based on a simple proposition - if you don't see enemy or friends around they will not join the battle if they are more than 2 mins of sailing away. 2 mins compressed is 2.4 hours of sailing 

Seamless uninstanced combat is only possible if we move to mmo wow style combat or limit the server size to 50 people. 

Ganking can be avoided if you use the above mentioned rules to your advantage. If you see enemy sails on the horizon and have no friends close to you - better turn around and sail away using counter tag (attacking first)

Reinforcements will come back in the future when they are reconsidered/reworked to fix the exploit they were causing

• Like 32

how do you know their is investors???