Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France declares war to Britain

Éric

I don't understand why some of the british posts are so angry. The british fleet is by far the biggest in game and its normal in games that the biggest gets hunted.

You have to live with it and take it as honor :)

• Like 1

fourteenth day of March, year of Our Saviour two thousand and sixteen

To the most gallant captains under the tricoleur banner and to whom it may concern,

I write this letter while being absent from service following combat against the swedish forces aboard the UPF Aardwolf King, a Belle Poule class chase frigate, in which we found ourselves rearguarding the escape of a captain aboard a Renomee class.

As is per habit of this captain, yours truly in the most honest and gallant ways of engaging the enemy, me and my crew would never give the satisfaction to the enemy of seeing us back down from a fight. Again, and as it is habit in this conflict against the Swedish crown, against the odds which becomes a tradition as 1:8, give or take a ship. I must admire the confidence shown by the Swedish captains and salute their resolute fighting spirit when the numbers are in favor.

Our ship was damaged enough to have to limp back to port for extensive repairs after one of the gunpowder magazines erupted of the port side and gave way to a catastrophic chain reaction which severely hampered our condition to continue the fight but not before we gave the enemy a run for their time and the crew put up a furious fire to both boards and even gaining excellent position of attack on a frigate. There was cheers but lasted only until a 74 gun man-o-war managed to reach us and add even more guns to the fight, because the two super frigates were getting ahead of wind already and the frigate was getting in dire straights. (( OOC, durability lost due to explosion ))

As we recovered from our wounds, under the divine attention of the nuns at the Abbey of the Hospitaller Sisters and Sacred Heart of Our Saviour in Cariacou, we dispatched a brig to give the dead a proper burial at sea.

Upon return of the brig a message was delivered to us that a migrant fleet of Frenchmen was passing through Dutch territory and going West to the old Audiencia of Santa Fé de Bogotá surely to proceed towards the old spanish Audiencia de Panama, both part of the once held spanish Viceroyalty of New Grenada.

War, the brig captain says, has been declared by the French on the British colonies, and the United Provinces council has actually allowed them to pass through the territory as a token of friendship and trust. Still, the brig captain went into a more dark tone, there are rebellious movements within the French Nation which never accepted the Eastern Alliance Peace following the events of the Black Weekend and would surely seek to undermine this migration and all efforts of both nations to work together.

This latter information is of no suprisse given the exchange of correspondence with valiant and gallant french captains already gave way to honest disclosure of intentions and to warn my fellow captains and traders of possible incursions of these napoleonic corsairs.

I must be supportive to the French Nation in their war against the British but also cannot but admire the courage of the rebel captains. Not that I support their cause, quite the opposite, but that in their fighting spirit they fail to direct their energies to the northern agressor which will, no doubt, attack them soon given their need, their very real need, of supplies and production ports.

I am sure the United Provinces Council shall give all support to the French Nation when they get attacked by the British-Swedish Pact. After all production is vital for an attrition war, which the Northern aggressors cannot hope to win.

My most humble apologies for writing such an extended letter but the down time at the sanatorium caring of my body wounds leaves this captain restless in mind.

Once the ship is repaired and the crew fit again it is our intention to reopen our base of operations in the Yucatan coast and from there prey upon all British shipping.

Captain Hethwill Eskeath

wounded at Cariacou

• Like 4

March, fourteenth, Anno Domini two thousand and sixteen

To Privateer Capitaine Hethwill Eskeath, LDF of DAS

Dear friend
Please stop sending me these letters.
With respect

Chef De Division Galileus
Secrétaire d'Etat à la démagogie, aux polémiques stériles et aux humiliations publiques de SLMFR
Commandant du vaisseau Kiss My Fumes
At my desk in Puerto De Espa
ña

// Sorry, I couldn't help myself XD

• Like 4

I don't understand why some of the british posts are so angry. The british fleet is by far the biggest in game and its normal in games that the biggest gets hunted.

You have to live with it and take it as honor :)

I think you'll find the Danish/Pirate Zerg, led by the Russians is the largest.

You appear to have confused biggest and best, an easy mistake to make.

Edited by Mighty Bouff

I think you'll find the Danish/Pirate Zerg, led by the Russians is the largest.

You appear to have confused biggest and best, an easy mistake to make.

At some point i'm wondering if that's just friendly banter covered with role-play or that most of GB players think they're like the e-sport faction of Naval Action.

• Like 1

Reading this topic I can only imagine evil British Lords in monocles and tophats, sipping coffee tea from embellished cups and going:

- NYAAA! Lord Friend, these french seem to have attacked us, NYAAA!

- Hum-mmm, Indeed, undeniably so! Mmm!

- Nyaaa! We shall wipe them off their wives, humiliate their ships and sell their maps, NYAA!

- Indeed, undeniably so! Hum-mmm!

• Like 3

Yes the game must of also lied to you about the huge pirate nation attacking British ports too and tying up the British ships.oh well

By the way I'm with the French nation, I just dont see right blaming others for our own foul ups.

Uhh, that same huge pirate fleet that was attacking the American possessions in the Bahamas at the same time the Danes wiped out the French and Swedes? I guess the mighty, mighty Spaniards must've been keeping you busy in South Cuba.

Edit: I guess the Spanish weren't actually at war with the British at the time. But that begs the question; what was Britain doing on Black Friday? Where was Albion when the Antilles fell?

Edited by InfiniteAmount
  • Like 1

Do you not think they are bigger?

As to best/biggest yes that is banter!

But they are two nations working together. You are one nation and still own most of the map. It doesn't work that way, sir.

You are the biggest in number, the largest in port and the greatest in arrogance. There really ain't much more to it, sir.

• Like 4

I regret to inform you that we French, despite our recent setbacks, have not renounced our claim on the monopoly of Arrogance.

However, our own brand of Arrogance™ doesn't merely consist in constantly belittling others in a drunken rage, like the rosbifs our desperate neighbours from across the Channel do, but to set the global standard of culture, elaborate fashion, good taste and enlightenment, leaving onlookers in awe.

*strikes a pose*

• Like 4

"in return"???

This said without the slightest ounce of irony from me, if there is any quality I sincerely admire in the British, it is their remarkable talent to tell the most fascinating tales. Dracula, Frankenstein, Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland, etc... Britain has graced the world with the most inventive, elegant and entertaining fiction ever written.

Now, would you please entertain us with yours, of a timeline so evidently inverted it could only have happened in a parallel universe? How do we gain access to it? I bet it is through a portal in the Greenwich observatory.

oh boy... Do we have to argue for each war for hours?

I think it's simple. France declares war to Britain then we fight.

This is probably the most sane post in this part of the forum in a while. Sums OW Naval Action pretty well.

• Like 1

"in return"???

This said without the slightest ounce of irony from me, if there is any quality I sincerely admire in the British, it is their remarkable talent to tell the most fascinating tales. Dracula, Frankenstein, Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland, etc... Britain has graced the world with the most inventive, elegant and entertaining fiction ever written.

Now, would you please entertain us with yours, of a timeline so evidently inverted it could only have happened in a parallel universe? How do we gain access to it? I bet it is through a portal in the Greenwich observatory.

Sir, I am probably misunderstanding your post, are you saying that there never was a British empire?