Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Sweden at war with the Dutch

Admiral Jacob Bagge

Attacking a port, staying in battle for an hour and then leaving wastes 2 hours from the defenders. Logging off after a lost battle makes you lose nothing?

I was under the impression you don't mind waiting for hours on end? You sit in port all day long afterall.  Wasn't it the same as usual, just with spectators?

Ofcourse, you waste the time of the people outside. They expect a enemy to actually come out.  Kinda makes sense, right?  Could it be we are starting to get fed up with the way how you do war? What goes around comes around.

Edited by Johannes Zoutman

port battles are supposed to be hard.

but the randomness of the wind makes it even harder. It is the luck faktor. Like when our fleet attacked caracas a while back.. We got raped by the wind

Edited by Dala

Yep, thats hard, but you swedes fought well. /tiphat

Yesterday the PBL wanted to wait for better wind, because we were outgunned. Then the wind was getting bader and bader... ^^ (wtf)

Seems like the dutch finally realized - in NavalAction, the wind is allways against you. :-D

• Like 1

At the beginning of the war, both sides were full of mutual respect. Now we have almost reached the level here, which there is between Danes and British. That's too bad. That you do not like standing idly by almost two hours, should be clear. Why is discussed? The Dutch like other things not good. This will also be discussed. Why both sides do not take the easy times for information only. If this post to one or other food for thought, I am satisfied. Actually we want to just play and have fun.

• Like 1

Discard the bad apples from the basket and keep enjoying the game.

Both Nations have great captains at both levels, frigate and ship of the line.

As I said to one of your captains yesterday, reputation is everything.

Many seem to forget this and take the game too serious :)

• Like 1

At the beginning of the war, both sides were full of mutual respect. Now we have almost reached the level here, which there is between Danes and British. That's too bad. That you do not like standing idly by almost two hours, should be clear. Why is discussed? The Dutch like other things not good. This will also be discussed. Why both sides do not take the easy times for information only. If this post to one or other food for thought, I am satisfied. Actually we want to just play and have fun.

I dont know what it sounds like on the dutch TS but in the Swedish community, on HRE & KF teamspeak, most people seem very happy with fighting the dutch. The only thing swedish players are really dissapointed with is the really few but loud dutch players that whine and complain on the forum and make bad excuses for this and that and whatever. On the high seas however, there seem to be alot of respect.

We like our new enemies. :-)

• Like 1

I dont know what it sounds like on the dutch TS but in the Swedish community, on HRE & KF teamspeak, most people seem very happy with fighting the dutch. The only thing swedish players are really dissapointed with is the really few but loud dutch players that whine and complain on the forum and make bad excuses for this and that and whatever. On the high seas however, there seem to be alot of respect.

We like our new enemies. :-)

Same as on the dutch TS/Chat. ^^

I agree with you Tretton, but all sides have "loud" players, not only the Dutch. It charmes up the game to a certain degree. There are still a lot of opportunities in this war to look into for a lot of players. There will always be people with different views and opinions, but I say most have a positive experience.

Yesterday I exchanged some good chatter and a few Swedish/Frisian folklore music youtube videos in a fight (I lost) and half an hour later I got into a battle (I won) being accused of shooting twice as fast as was possible by the Swedish player (I was shooting the two trinco decks alternating) and I would be filmed and put under scrutiny. Two different experiences in under an hour.

I rather enjoy it.

To you Trackterror, no need to call out on a small thing like this. I deem you better that that. There were reasons to play like it was played and we are not obliged to share that information in any way. Perceive it like you want to perceive it, according to me, the war is not only fought in portbattles, open world battles or forums alone, but also on a more strategic level and the choices made yesterday were more than excellent by the Dutch in that light. The leadership of the United Dutch Consortium are doing an excellent job in this grunts eye! 

• Like 1

Well yesterdays frigate and raiding actions around La Orchila and La Tortuga were amusing. There seemed to be action pretty much everywhere. Also congrats to the Swedish raider fleet for ambushing me and my three friends. Shame we didnt actually get a good fight going.

To you Trackterror, no need to call out on a small thing like this. I deem you better that that. There were reasons to play like it was played and we are not obliged to share that information in any way. Perceive it like you want to perceive it, according to me, the war is not only fought in portbattles, open world battles or forums alone, but also on a more strategic level and the choices made yesterday were more than excellent by the Dutch in that light. The leadership of the United Dutch Consortium are doing an excellent job in this grunts eye! 

Good answer, thank you, altough what am really dissapointed about is that I didint get to fire my gunz.

You guys play the game just as us, and engaging might not have been the best move, I can see that, I will now put this aside.

Still think we both missed a helluva fight outside, post PB.

• Like 3

Good answer, thank you, altough what am really dissapointed about is that I didint get to fire my gunz.

You guys play the game just as us, and engaging might not have been the best move, I can see that, I will now put this aside.

Still think we both missed a helluva fight outside, post PB.

Likewise. Godspeed!

Today, I m for once not here to flame,blame or complain but to say thx to 5 swedish players of the KF clan. Instead of ganking us, they gave us a even numbred fight and a bit of hope for those small fights back. Also a good move from the solo HRE captain to leave the agreed fight!

GF! the battle:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/10714-good-battles-thread/?p=229588

Edited by Manta Scorpion

Someone joked a week or two ago how all the carebears and mission grinders in the Dutch nation will have to finally do something if the Swedes ever reach Willemstad. The joke failed to amuse me back then and the reality fails even more now. This war is getting interesting.

Edited by Rectunator

Ok let me get some facts clear before Swedes start thinking we are whiners:

-The timers of the captured ports where set early in the morning, or not set at all(due to Lord protectors switching nations and some of the port being default property) conclusion: its our own problem

-Attacking ports during their timers is a game mechanic. Even if it is early in the morning.conclusion: Nothing unfair about this.

-Setting early alarms to capture ports? Smart tactic. Conclusion: my respect

Yes this is coming from a dutch guy that wants to have a fun war without flaming and pointing salty fingers

Sincerely,

Zee

-

• Like 4

No one has done anything wrong. Mechanics are mechanics.

Sooner or later we will know what our money bought us. Be it a fight without timers on a much more strategic and perhaps economic level to maintain an empire, or a game that needs you online 24/7 and set alarm clocks to maintain an empire. We al hope for the prior, I'm sure of it. Until then, the fight continues!  :-)

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 2

I'd like <salute> the Dutch for a very good fight in the Las Aves PB (25 vs 25), they've fought like lions.

At this point i urge everybody to show respect for the enemy. It makes everything more enjoyable.

This game has mechanics that might annoy people, but do not forget that this game is still in alpha development.

Thank you for acknowledging this fact and lets de-salt this thread somewhat in future.

Respectfully,

sveno 

Edited by sveno
  • Like 6