Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Sweden at war with the Dutch

Admiral Jacob Bagge

Let me clarify. I'm not complaining or blaiming our loss on anything being unfair. Misshaps will occur from time to time. Sweden might still be more skilled in tactics but the dutch are superior in industrial capacity and can afford to attack again and again, waiting for the swedish fleet to have these freak occurances happen all of a sudden. And then - BAM! Swedish fleet needs to be on top our game EVEY battle to stand chance and that wont happen. As yesterdays battle showed.

Well spoken Tretton! However, we are a merchant nation and there is more than one way to secure resources, other than fighting over it.

I just heard that the Dutch community is divided between a part that wants peace and a part that wants to finish this war with a one-port-end.

Please people, do me a favor, do not go the way of Sweden and divide your nation by such a stupid dispute. Stick together!

The war was funny so far and we should keep it that way.

with best regards

Thonar

I just heard that the Dutch community is divided between a part that wants peace and a part that wants to finish this war with a one-port-end.

This is not true. After situation with France, we are much more experienced and much, much more organized as nation like we were before it happened. So don't worry :)

Please people, do me a favor, do not go the way of Sweden and divide your nation by such a stupid dispute. Stick together!

The war was funny so far and we should keep it that way.

with best regards

Thonar

The Dutch are not the agressors in this war. If Sweden continue the hostilities, I'm sure the Dutch nation, the Dutch Consortium, its admiralties and free merchant captains will remain united in defending our common national interests and take all necessary measures to reduce the impact on our trade.

A one-port end? The leg to the north might be a bit tight on the clock, but quite a feat if you guys manage it.

It even might incite the devs to implement achievements per faction, who knows... :lol:

They managed to do that once already. But it was hairy ^^ (As far as I know...I was in the south at the time, so limited to watching the timers). It was a good night.

eJzErJd.gif

i Think its safe to say that we wont give up st george since we need the resorces it gives. and la blanquilla for live oak. ^^

You can always trade with the dutch

we take your gold for goods

and the side affect will be .....you don t loose gold on sunken ships in battle...

• Like 2

I would rather have peace with Swedes already and find more interesting war. For the last two days there was almost no PB or big OW battles. Cause with current mechanics 25 mercs vs 25 merc + 3 towers - it's very hard for defender to lose.

And in deep water PB it's also very hard to achieve needed BR rating when even fleet enter the battle. So both nation commandors don't wanna lose ships for small chance of winning port and people just sit and wait in these ports.

Maybe we can have a peace already OR at least schedule an OW battle (either in throw-away 3rd rates or even in the best ships) in between PB timers? Have out own private Trafalgar. Cause now the only thing I can do to have some PVP is TP to Island harbor with guys from CAP and BEARS and raid near Gustavia waiting for 20 guys gather near the battle to hit us when we come out.

This is all my opinion. Of course that's all for nation councils to decide where we will battle tomorrow. 

Porpoise likes to eat frogs. What about some cuddling with our French neighbours? Painting the rest of south American coast orange will make Porpoise happy.   :D

Each one his own. I prefer British pork.

Slow roast, in a salt crust. :lol:

• Like 2

Without the surrender of La Blanquilla and Saint George's back again to the Dutch by the Swedish, the status quo has not yet been achieved to formalize anything, I'm afraid. I'm sure however that the end of this war is for the fearing, the survivors and the uninvolved to see *when* it happens in due time, not *if* it happens in due time.

Edited by Lytse Pier

Without the surrender of La Blanquilla and Saint George's back again to the Dutch by the Swedish, the status quo has not yet been achieved to formalize anything, I'm afraid. I'm sure however that the end of this war is for the fearing, the survivors and the uninvolved to see *when* it happens in due time, not *if* it happens in due time.

But we have to buy a flag first right? No battles occured for 2 days, which is shameful for us. Still many people being involved in fighting pesky pirates near Coquibacoa. We probably need another punch below the waist which resulted in the insane mobilization effort last weekend.

PS: Common Swedes, give us a fight, we are too lazy to sail anywhere. Come to Macanao. 

Dutch falling asleep again into the AI sheep herding again ?

-.-

no no no NO !!!!

War fuels trade. Trade fuels war. The Dutch way.

And I belived that you might be happy.

I mean didn't you switched to pirates?

Thus if the Dutch are going back to farming Missions, they are way easier for you to engage and to cap.

Aren't you the new "Wolf" of Coquibacoa?

Than that would be in your favor!

See ya on the seven seas!

Hyena. Because of the laughter.

I do prey on some Dutch, but most are out of harm's way. And mind you that being a privateer for the Dutch nation and a freebooter has a lot in common albeit more liberties :)

i Think its safe to say that we wont give up st george since we need the resorces it gives. and la blanquilla for live oak. ^^

Understandable, but not realistic. We will take those ports back as they belonged to us. Just a matter of time. Maybe you should look for a trade agreement with us? Or perhaps admit defeat, then rent those ports from us for a set price per week? That would appeal to the dutch as merchants! :D

Understandable, but not realistic. We will take those ports back as they belonged to us. Just a matter of time. Maybe you should look for a trade agreement with us? Or perhaps admit defeat, then rent those ports from us for a set price per week? That would appeal to the dutch as merchants! :D

Merchand, give me the same he got - it seems like good stuff :D

Edited by Twig
  • Like 1