Game-Labs Forum

Letter to buckingham palace

lobogris

feel free to help with it :P

Look forward to it... I hope it's more like 1940 than 1775

i'm sure we can organise that :P

Before anyone gets the wrong idea i was joking about this, As there is no need for the US to get involved in another nations war when they are currently busy themselves with other matters.

Thought i'd post this here before i get in shit by fellow brits or misquoted as Spain likes to do.

I applaud the Spanish faction !!

In the end they will manage to combine old enemies against them and at same time they are trying to destroy themselves from inside.

P.S: I didn't misquoted you Jager, only making a joke from it. Or not a joke sadly...

• Like 1

About the port timer issue and the aussies and banging on us crying about that i have to say that in 3 days almost 10 english ports changed timers to 06-08 in fact there is a new joke in the nation about great britain being great 06-08.

Im not bringing this up as a QQ more in any means, Spain did it aswell. I'm just saying that it is no fun for anyone be it brits, spanish, americans whatever.

Also i didn't say we wanted peace, but bear in mind that your eastern front is shrinking

Gaizka- win, lose or draw, I'm sure there are plenty of people who appreciate your efforts. Diplomacy is often a thankless task. Especially in games, where there is no "real" consequences of bad decisions. O7

• Like 2

Sensible solution: Ignore everything that has gone before, start with what the situation is now. Come to a compromise that neither side is happy with but furthers both factions agendas as a whole and go from there.

What will actually happen: Mindless rants, endless dragging up of Chinese whisper versions of events and rampant real world nationalistic bullshit.

Either everyone calms the hell down and comes to the table or you may as well just stop posting all this repetitive crap and get on with shooting each other already. 

My money is on number 2 given that even if the "leaders" attempt the first one someone somewhere always has to piss in the cornflakes.

Edited by MalakithSkadi
  • Like 3

well you see Kayin, our prime time is technically between 08 and 12, yet as this time is maintence we pick the time before or after. In fact if you ask the US guys our ports were originally 06-08 but when they were at our door step we set them to after maintence rather than before. So you see all were doing it putting them back to what we originally had. But oh that seems like a big deal to the spanish that they once again have to complain about timers.

So as its 1:15am here i guess i will see you at 6am as i don't mind getting up early to take ports maybe you should to?

About the port timer issue and the aussies and banging on us crying about that i have to say that in 3 days almost 10 english ports changed timers to 06-08 in fact there is a new joke in the nation about great britain being great 06-08.

Im not bringing this up as a QQ more in any means, Spain did it aswell. I'm just saying that it is no fun for anyone be it brits, spanish, americans whatever.

Also i didn't say we wanted peace, but bear in mind that your eastern front is shrinking

Timer issue again.

The aussies took these ports, and are in charge of defending them as this is our home.  This is 5-7 pm for us. 

Britain is great at this time.  We have a 150 man clan at this time who live next to the spanish.  Deal with it.

I'm not saying you guys are pussies or anything, i'm just pointing the fact that the british faction has people on all the timezones whilst we don't and it's no fun this way.

You want to win the war, of course, you have the ships and the people. But being all the day on the defensive while not being able to retaliate at all to secure the borders or try to expand in a strategic way because all the timers are on another timezone it's not gonna help the player base at all. You wanna do it this way because it's your way. Fine with me but don't go crying to the admins or the game devs when the game is half dead.

And this is the last time im arguing about anything because you guys don't really seem all that reasonable you try to appear.

Peace out.

well you see Kayin, our prime time is technically between 08 and 12, yet as this time is maintence we pick the time before or after. In fact if you ask the US guys our ports were originally 06-08 but when they were at our door step we set them to after maintence rather than before. So you see all were doing it putting them back to what we originally had. But oh that seems like a big deal to the spanish that they once again have to complain about timers.

So as its 1:15am here i guess i will see you at 6am as i don't mind getting up early to take ports maybe you should to?

So basically 80% of GB players are Aussies? You have set 6-8 timers in two of your Jamaica ports and throughout both the Pirate and Spanish fronts. And yet at those times there are barely more than 300 people playing, Most of which are probably US players and a handfull of each other nation.

You're all afraid of losing ground, So the easy way is to set those timers from 6 to 8, precisely when neither the pirates, the danes nor the spanish are active. When they're either asleep or going to work.

On your front 'Spanish' a good proportion are indeed Aussies and US players, yes! 

Perhaps you think they should set the timers to when they are not on to defend them, and CET prime time just for you....that'll be nice.

I think you're overstating the number of Australian players. Considering GB is already setting 6-8 timers in the island of Jamaica I think it's quite clear what's going on here.

I think you're overstating the number of Australian players. Considering GB is already setting 6-8 timers in the island of Jamaica I think it's quite clear what's going on here.

You have knowledge of the actual bases in which the AUSEZ operate from, ok!

I know we in the SLRN set timers on player time zones of those assigned to defend them, dont you? Or do you offer them to the enemy to request times?

You have knowledge of the actual bases in which the AUSEZ operate from, ok!

I know we in the SLRN set timers on player time zones of those assigned to defend them, dont you? Or do you offer them to the enemy to request times?

So You're telling me that the Aussies are responsible for the defense of more than 30 ports (Set in the 6-8 and 12-14 timer ranges) in their timezone? Yeah. Ok.

If you set your timers so as not to risk them getting captured in your faction's natural timezone then You've done nothing to deserve those ports.  ^_^ 

So basically 80% of GB players are Aussies? You have set 6-8 timers in two of your Jamaica ports and throughout both the Pirate and Spanish fronts. And yet at those times there are barely more than 300 people playing, Most of which are probably US players and a handfull of each other nation.

You're all afraid of losing ground, So the easy way is to set those timers from 6 to 8, precisely when neither the pirates, the danes nor the spanish are active. When they're either asleep or going to work.

I had no idea about Jamaica, in fact i don't even go there except to TP and sail to the likes of Hati etc. AUSEZ is on the west with RGL, BRITS are located close by. RGL and BRITS operate the offensive, AUSEZ and BRITS operate the defense as BRITS are mostly US and EU players, RGL is all german and we are mostly all Australian with US and EU players with us as well.

Like i said i have no idea about Jamaica, i know a few small clans operate in those areas but those ports on Jamaica probably go back before Spain and GB were at war when we first took them into GB hands from there starting Neutral option. We don't care about those ports and leave them their defense to those in that area, if they want those timers changed all they have to do is ask.

Were not afraid of losing ground, hell we wouldn't care if we got pushed back all the way to Jamaica we would still fight on, but why should we set timers to times when we cannot defend the ports? If we were to change some ports to EU time are you going to do the same for us aussies? I very much doubt it as you know your EU timers are from 4-8am for most of us, why should we change timers just so you spanish can be happy when you wouldn't do the same for us?

Edited by Jager

Oh and to add, i wouldn't be surprised if the jamaican ports are what Savahanna and Montego? If so then these do in fact go back to when they were captured AUSEZ to clean up Jamaica. If i recall i did make a post on here somewhere.

ah yes here we go, back on Feburary the 4th AUSEZ cleaned up Jamica. http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/9822-jamaica-finished-being-secured-by-ausez/#entry175817

Just wanted to say guys again, we never wanted to go war against you. We had enough against all the pirates attacks and the conquering of our ports from the USA.

We had, since the begining, a war situation against several enemies. We just didnt have the time for talk when we had to be always doing battles.

Port timer rehash aside, this boggles my mind. Does anyone else remember that just a few weeks ago, the US was publicly trying to bring peace between the US and Spanish? (Let alone every effort post-wipe to not be enemies?)

The entire time the US was taking ports, we were saying that we would really rather work with the Spanish than against the Spanish.

You decided to ally with the Brits. A fair decision, not one we were happy with, but understandable. It was, after all, either the Brits or US (or even the Pirates).

So you insist on going to war with us (fine), complain about the inherent unfairness of it all on the forums (port timers) and now you're doing the exact same thing with the Brits?

Surely I'm not the only one experiencing de ja vu here?

Edited by Powderhorn
  • Like 4

Wow Spain complaining about port timers again....

Your leadership knew this would happen, they knew aussies were up here next to you. But decided to still not negotiate and go to war with us.

See how i was talking about incompetence in a earlier post, and spanish pride?

WOW just WOW  you want to complain about timers yet  as i wake up this morning i hear some disgusting news.   

Now i hear a British alt character that was created today, bought a flag for Misteriosa then sat in port preventing us from buying it.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11729-abuse-of-flag-mechanics-to-block-assault-on-port/#entry208394

Scum, just pure scum.

Edited by Wang

On the one hand yeah, that's pretty disgraceful. The primary thing, though, is that it's been brought to attention so that it can be addressed and fixed in the future. It's a good catch of an exploit.

This is the issue though,  a good catch of a exploit would be going "Hey devs we had this idea and were thinking of doing it, it is a exploit and want to let you know it can be abused."

Using said exploit and then letting the people who it was used against to report it is not productive to the game in any way.  Then in said thread where it is reported by the people it was used on, defending said actions by randomly claiming they have had exploits used against them, or the game is in alpha and needs to be broken in a sense. Is scum.