Game-Labs Forum

PVP 2 US sucker punch the french

mandrake

You guys are delusional if you think US are the zerg. Britain is fighting toe to toe with us... just look at some of the battle screenshots that SoL posts. there are like 25 SoB guys against a smaller number of SoL guys. Difference is, SoL are very organized and serious so they can PvP with a smaller force. I'm in USS and while we have a decent number of people on, we are now outnumbered against the Brits in the southern bahamas. You know why we're winning? Because they are in 4+ separate clans and can't coordinate as well as we can.

The Brits are the real zerg, and anyone that says otherwise hasn't fought them or the US yet so you wouldn't know. I've got nothing against them, I just hate this anti US talk around here. The US = a few very organized clans that have a reasonable number of good players and a ton of PvE people up the East coast doing admiralty missions/f*ck all.

I been following the conquests of the past weeks and I would agree that GB appears to have the little higher Zerg potential. Just a suggestion, just throwing this out there, did you ever consider that giving the pirates the Bahamas back would probably result in putting pressure on the Brits more so than yourselves?

Seriously think about this. You know your going to have to go head to head with the other map super power. Around you there us French, Spanish, Pirates and British. You started an extermination war with the Pirates. Then you went into the Spanish and now your attacking the French. So NOW that you've alienated your neighbors Britain is making moves. You have to admit, from the third party point of view you appear to be your own worst enemy.

I get that you don't like the USA bashing. But your brethren have managed to attack everyone in the game but the Dutch.

I been following the conquests of the past weeks and I would agree that GB appears to have the little higher Zerg potential. Just a suggestion, just throwing this out there, did you ever consider that giving the pirates the Bahamas back would probably result in putting pressure on the Brits more so than yourselves?

Seriously think about this. You know your going to have to go head to head with the other map super power. Around you there us French, Spanish, Pirates and British. You started an extermination war with the Pirates. Then you went into the Spanish and now your attacking the French. So NOW that you've alienated your neighbors Britain is making moves. You have to admit, from the third party point of view you appear to be your own worst enemy.

I get that you don't like the USA bashing. But your brethren have managed to attack everyone in the game but the Dutch.

I never considered that the French really had Louisiana/Texas. Sure... they technically owned those ports but I didn't think anyone was home up there since it's as far away from their capital as you could go. We're really just taking back America here to save Thomas Jefferson some money. We're really not at war with the French in my opinion, I hope they aren't offended with us taking their empty ports. I would love to ally with them if the opportunity was ripe.

Also, we totally figured pushing the pirates out would put us up against Britain. It's been super fun so far, I don't regret it. More PvP than you can shake a stick at. 

Edited by King Prince Chambermaid

There are French folks up there.   Compared to the number of folks in the US, you probably just don't notice them since its probably 50:1.  Keeping in mind how small the entire French nation is you might not even notice if we all were up there.

Edited by Arsilon

Bit late now, Rice. Even if the US simply wanted to "give" them back, there's no way the French could recap deep water ports up north since the only French ports left to launch conquests on the Gulf are all shallow water, and it takes too long to launch a conquest from way down south.

The French were using those ports for shipbuilding and sending warships down to fight the pirates. To be fair, there was no way the US could have known that, though, unless they were really paying attention to the pirate-Franco war and the strategies the French had to use to fight it.

I can't really blame them for assuming that the French shipbuilders wouldn't have sailed completely across the map to inhabit those ports. I can see why people would have thought they were not being used.

But that's basically a summary of the US population on PVP2 at the moment. The U.S. is so huge that they're accidentally taking over the world, lol.

Edited by ajffighter86

Bit late now, Rice. Even if the US simply wanted to "give" them back, there's no way the French could recap deep water ports up north since the only French ports left to launch conquests on the Gulf are all shallow water, and it takes too long to launch a conquest from way down south.

The French were using those ports for shipbuilding and sending warships down to fight the pirates. To be fair, there was no way the US could have known that, though, unless they were really paying attention to the pirate-Franco war and the strategies the French had to use to fight it.

I can't really blame them for assuming that the French shipbuilders wouldn't have sailed completely across the map to inhabit those ports. I can see why people would have thought they were not being used.

But that's basically a summary of the US population on PVP2 at the moment. The U.S. is so huge that they're accidentally taking over the world, lol.

actually during our peak times we could take a freebie, we got enough people up there that can sail rather large ships and craft some suitable deep port ships, but we definitely can't contest them against the U.S i saw their group and that was at like 3 a.m eastern time. I think the french players are going to be forced into the dutch pretty soon unless the pirates choose to stick around for pvp.

Edited by Lefort

Well....

You don't need deep water ports to launch deep water conquests. We docked deep water ships at Pedernales, for example, and attacked Peurto de Espania from there. But even assuming the shallow ports up there are so shallow you can't reach them, you could also have the deep ships at an outpost in a nearby Free Port and then just buy the flag from the shallow port using a light ship. (I think there's actually a good argument for always carrying port battle flags in a Lynx, which is very nearly impossible to kill if it just runs away.)

I can't comment on the shipbuilding part, though I will say for my part I got all of my shipbuilding stuff from the Cano Mac area. I would put up buy orders for oak, hemp and iron and eventually they would end up getting filled. I don't know if that's some function of NPCs filling the buy orders or if it was people capping traders and dumping the goods for cash. (I was only offering buy prices of just above what the port itself would have paid.)

Im sure the USA is going to jump at the chance to hand 40 dudes 2 million gold to take back ports they didnt defend. 

Well, they did jump at the chance to spend 2 million gold to take ports they will probably never, ever use.

The problem is that there isn't an organized coalition in the US right now. The clan leaders aren't coordinating very much, it's mostly individual relationships. I know the people involved in those ports and it's MOB not SoL. MOB are good folks and I doubt they realized the French were using them to shipbuild - in fact I talked to them and they just said there were a handful of French random players up there.

Edited by King Prince Chambermaid

i could see a increase of those random french rather soon :)

we french are like Angry ants we get hit we come out of the wood work and hit back. the pirates are learning that now.

i guess we are used to super powers taking pot shots at us. seems the brits are now sniffing around as well so it would seem ehter slamz slept with one of the brit ambassadors wifes again or they want to poke the ant hill as well. 

arh to be french we are a war torn people but it is wonderful to see how resilient our people are.

on a postive note we ant bored hahahaha.

i could see a increase of those random french rather soon :)

we french are like Angry ants we get hit we come out of the wood work and hit back. the pirates are learning that now.

i guess we are used to super powers taking pot shots at us. seems the brits are now sniffing around as well so it would seem ehter slamz slept with one of the brit ambassadors wifes again or they want to poke the ant hill as well. 

arh to be french we are a war torn people but it is wonderful to see how resilient our people are.

on a postive note we ant bored hahahaha.

Ok  listen SOL has no part in your loss of ports in the north.   If you want  them back then take em back... all you french players speak big words....like the 100s of posts made by french pvp2 players. im tired of people just talking and threatening the US for  us just playing the game....Actions speak louder then word......and to say you cant capture deep water port from shallow it just a big excuse you know you can get a shallow water vessel pick up a flag for a deep water and the go plant the flag...bc the flag carrier doesn't need to go in the battle he just needs to start the flag timer down.

• Like 1

I don't know why you are getting all hot and bothered rice.  You know we are fighting the pirates very close to our capital.   When they first starting attacking I PM'd you asking who their leader was so I could talk to them and you didn't answer my question.    Just because you don't see French players up there constantly doesn't mean the area wasn't used.  The ports are really spread out up there and it takes a while to travel around.   There could be 20 ships between San Luis and Mobile and you might only see 1 or 2.   

If I knew who these americans are that are taking the northern ports, I would love to talk to them, but currently I don't think there is a way to find them other than asking around in global chat or asking people in the same nation.

Again, what Vllad said. We're not in a uproar. But it would be nice if you could keep your men in line.

Sinking a couple French ships is an over site. Capturing a port a social oops. Your boys took nearly the entire French sea board leaving the French builders only two ports they can barely use. So now the rest of us have to hear about it a lot. If they wanted some French ports they thought we were not using what was wrong with just asking first?

Edited by Bach

Like i said the people taking the north are Pubs and the Clan MOB  which i barely know about and i was stating that SOL isn't the entirety of the US so we have no control of that situation nor do we force any US player to follow our standards.    And we too are fighting the Pirates, Brits and the occasional Spanish.  The new influx of French players has caused more of the outcryers to start complaining about  US expansion and how they no longer can reclaim the lost ports which they clearly can. With that said the french are free to take back what they lost... but for god sake do something rather then just sit there  typing up a storm which could actually be used to try and recap ports lost or capture Spanish ports that are not being used.

Edited by Capt. Rice
  • Like 1

If I knew who these americans are that are taking the northern ports, I would love to talk to them, but currently I don't think there is a way to find them other than asking around in global chat or asking people in the same nation.

I talked to some USMC dudes up that way, they said it wasn't them and they didn't know who it was.  As they had no reason to lie I have to assume that they were not and there are just so many damn Americans that entire guilds of port raid strength can go un-noticed.

Its so strange to me, last night we went north to help our Bork Bork Bork allies help drive the Brits out of their newb area.  We were literally fighting more different Brit clans than there were total sweed players in total.  Seriously, stop scrubbing it up and going after low hanging fruit and go fight Americans already.

I hate games that implement mechanics to keep people from zerging it up, but I am really wondering what the plan is with this one because its obviously going to be a issue down the road.

• Like 1