Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.64 - Small Battles and Account XP

admin

I think there should be some kind of money scaling on the missions as you get higher level. 

Not the 16k-18k +++ from the days before, but something better than 5k I'd say. 

The +1k per rank thing from before was good I think. 

just so you know, commander mission gave you 5k before the patch and no one ever complained about it. Last patch, we had that 23k mission, then get back to 5k, people cry like no tomorrow. 

Edited by Nashandra

Every one cry about mission momey lowered

But with that they gona lower the materials price and ships price

When the inflation happened ships went super expensive now that there isnt as much money on the game they will be force to lower it.just give it a couple of days

Tge problem i think os the buy contract yesterday i try to bye materials and was sailin for 5 hours going everywhere with no luck

And we can boycott the ship by buying npspc ship so they will be forced to sell cheaper

Edited by WhiteWalker

Actually you don't need ships higher than brigs and snows to take out 3rd rates.  I took part in one such instance where 4 of us in snows and brigs took out a 3rd rate.  Sure it depends on your ability to maneuver correctly but its more than possible with small ships.

Granted it will also take you somewhere around 45 mins to do that way but...

Constitutions can be taken out by a single snow in about the same amount of time (captured too).

Hint:  Chain shot -> Stern camp -> Grape Shot Windows

no you didn't

where have you been when we were bombarded by negative comments

I did not see a lot of posts protecting higher rewards

Well there are people now.

I think the problem is that most who play on pve dont go into the forum.

But yea i am on their side and pve server should be treated different.

and the most who bombard with negative comments are pvp players

Edited by Kuisalsega
  • Like 1

I wish they'd just get rid of the PvE all together, and bring back in the Neutral faction for players who want to PvE and trade. There would still be a measure of safety, as only pirates could attack them, and they'd be dedicated to economy. Of course, I'm an advocate for merging all the servers and expanding the map (Canada? South America? EUROPE?). Long term goals, I know, but I can dream.

Also, I'd like to see contracts only available in Free Towns - "The government has more control over their own ports, but in free towns..." And Then have AI traders actually move product from producers to consumers within their own nation, for predictable - and raidable - trade routes worth hunting.

As for mission rewards, making 20k plus per battle was a bit ridiculous, but so is this in the other direction. Maybe more of a system like 3000 for Midshipman, then add 1000 - 1500 for each rank over that. They shouldn't be the only viable cash/hour option, they shouldn't inflate the market, but they should be worth doing, and certainly should be profitable after repairs on even the worst fight. And it scales with growth too. 3k is a good profit while you have a free to repair cutter. 9k is worth searching for those crossed swords when you've got a Surprise to fight with and repair, but not so much that you get rich in an hour and buy up half the store.

Edited by Cpt. Blackthorne
  • Like 1

Ship prices will not be effected by the inflation so much, ship prices are high because the materials are way too hard to find. And those who find them sell them for ridiculous prices. I say mission gold has minor effect on ship prices compared to this economic meltdown.

yes.but if expensive ships are not selling anymore the crafter wont buy mats anymore traders wont sell anymore so they will be forced to lower prices 

Sorry if I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I just want to make sure before I do something particularly stupid...

If I read this right, I can now delete a character on one server and create a new one in a new faction without deleting that character on all servers? Or will character deletion still be on all servers simultaneously?

I'd like to keep my PvE server char for various testing purposes, but I'd also like to have a different character on a pvp server for "proper" game-play...I think that's what the patch notes say, but the warning thread about character deletion is still pinned on the forum making me think I may of misunderstood the patch notes somewhat.

Thanks.

I'm currently American Faction on PVP2, and thinking of switching factions to help balance the population.

But I am still a little confused about the mechanics to actually do this.

Do I give find someone on the other faction to give my stuff to?

Could someone point me towards the info to do this?

It cannot be 1450

European traders are bringing unlimited quantities at a much lower price (i think)

The problem, which can't be re-stated enough, is that people want to try to buy everything within their own capitals. Convenience like that costs money.

I'm afraid you guys need to just go ahead and erase 90% of the map because people are determined not to use it. :mellow: I'm hoping that a future patch will allow us to spread out our starting locations so we don't have a thousand people huddled together in a capital port arguing over who gets the last piece of hemp in the shop.

The sheer genius of the system the developers have created, is that this phenomenon works similarly in real life. The cost-of-living is always higher in large cities than in rural communities. It's a lot cheaper to live in the wilds of Montana than the urban sprawl of New York City. (or for the Russians, imagine Siberia versus Moscow I guess)

If people want the best deals, they have to explore and expand father than the end of the island their capital is located on.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 1

May want to search the forums on other ways to make gold. I am currently trying to grind up to 5th rate before going hardcore into PvP on a pvp server and have NO trouble making money even without missions or much trading. For me its about capping traders with contraband...get boarding down well and you can make ALOT of money and get ships as well. Example is Fir and hemp and Gold ore everyone cries about. I get a few hundred units of each per day just by capping ships. plus gold for fighting and selling ships.

What are you talking about???

I've yet to cap ANY fir off of a trader.... The one time I encountered a decent fir reward was after a port battle and I was in a warship so I couldn't take anywhere near what was offered...

Fir production is broken and buy orders are destroying any chance of a fair shot at finding it.

PLEASE GET RID OF BUY ORDERS FOR RESOURCES!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy orders should only be for manufactured goods!

Edit; Scratch what I said about fir as a reward for port battle... Just checked. It was teak.

But seriously, if I spend three evenings of sailing from Charleston to Key West hitting every port and cant find ONE fir log for sale in any port in the Resources tab... Something is wrong. Gold I can understand but fir???

Edited by Diceman

I wish they'd just get rid of the PvE all together, and bring back in the Neutral faction for players who want to PvE and trade. There would still be a measure of safety, as only pirates could attack them, and they'd be dedicated to economy. Of course, I'm an advocate for merging all the servers and expanding the map (Canada? South America? EUROPE?). Long term goals, I know, but I can dream.

Also, I'd like to see contracts only available in Free Towns - "The government has more control over their own ports, but in free towns..." And Then have AI traders actually move product from producers to consumers within their own nation, for predictable - and raidable - trade routes worth hunting.

As for mission rewards, making 20k plus per battle was a bit ridiculous, but so is this in the other direction. Maybe more of a system like 3000 for Midshipman, then add 1000 - 1500 for each rank over that. They shouldn't be the only viable cash/hour option, they shouldn't inflate the market, but they should be worth doing, and certainly should be profitable after repairs on even the worst fight. And it scales with growth too. 3k is a good profit while you have a free to repair cutter. 9k is worth searching for those crossed swords when you've got a Surprise to fight with and repair, but not so much that you get rich in an hour and buy up half the store.

Spoken like a true PvP player who can't grasp why people play PvE, the point to PvE is so there is no attacks from players, no highly random behavioural factors to deal with. I'm likely speaking for most of the parents on here when I say I would prefer we keep it this way because right now I have a choice and I can swap between them depending on many variables including whether kids are awake or not.

If I'm to be forced to a PvP server then I will do exactly what I have done with all other games that are PvP only, uninstall it or only play it late at night on weekends where I don't have to worry about getting up every 5 seconds and leaving it for 20 minutes at a stretch. The reason this game has such a great appeal for so many people is because of the options on how a person likes to play their games.

I'm still at a loss as to what the big deal with having a PvE server is in the first place, there's already 3 PvP servers with one that's always at max capacity and the other 2 at moderate levels of activity, who gives a rat's arse if 500-1000 players are chilling on a PvE only server!!!  :rolleyes:

• Like 6

First of all sorry for my english.

Returning to the rewards system, if the problem is correlated to the partecipation in the PVP activities, I think that you have to make the PVP more valuable, not nerf the PVE rewards. Yesterday I did a "small battle". My team won the battle and sunk a lot of ships in about 1 hour. In 1 hour we gain approximatively 200xp and 10k of golds. I need 50k exp for become "Flag Capitan".

The flag for the Port Battle costs a lot and doing random PVP in OW is not so simple and the risk to lose the ship (whit loss of money and making no considerable exp) is really high (If you are a pro and you don't feel this risk, I'm not a pro but I think to have the right to play anyway). 

So, if we have to grow up making PVP don't nerf PVE rewards (after only 2 days from your last changes) and make the PVP more valuable!

Clearly these forums are no place for jokes.

It's all fun and games until someone gets their ship stolen on the open seas while they're taking a dump. Gotta remember to leave the bathroom door open so you can hear the cannon fire, and come running back to the computer with a wad of toilet paper in one hand and the other trying to pull up your pants.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 3

where have you been when we were bombarded by negative comments

I did not see a lot of posts protecting higher rewards

I'd rather see more gold from actually playing the game instead of arbitrary mission  rewards. It makes attracting combat ships on the open world remarkably unattractive. I can get 5k mission  reward + 6k damage reward from sinking a Navybrig in a 1st Lt Mission and +101 exp on top of the 150-ish exp I get from the fight.

With those numbers, missions are attractive and fighting on the open world is remarkably unattractive in comparison.

Maybe make missions, if they are even here to stay,  give some sort of third reward that we can do without.

• Like 2

I'd rather see more gold from actually playing the game instead of arbitrary mission  rewards. It makes attracting combat ships on the open world remarkably unattractive. I can get 5k mission  reward + 6k damage reward from sinking a Navybrig in a 1st Lt Mission and +101 exp on top of the 150-ish exp I get from the fight.

With those numbers, missions are attractive and fighting on the open world is remarkably unattractive in comparison.

Maybe make missions, if they are even here to stay,  give some sort of third reward that we can do without.

I'd actually prefer to see it the other way around - Maybe destroying ships in OW along with conquest give some sort of Faction Rep which could be used for some higher purpose. Maybe a necessary component of buying permits for Outposts? Or for the coming resource production? Or some other third thing, or list of cool little buffs. Maybe trade it in for resources at flat rates, or to send a ship from 1 outpost to another, or pop your teleport cool down.

This is not to say I disagree with you about increased monetary and exp rewards for OW combat. I would love to see "hunting" as the highest reward/damage option out there - but not by decreasing mission rewards. Increase OW reward, don't decrease mission income.

And for the love of god, lock contracts to Outposts or Free towns.