Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.64 - Small Battles and Account XP

admin

• So now its impossible to make money with repair kits costing a possible 3000 gold.     you make 2000 gold a mission.....  missions are now not worth it based on time taken

5000 gold mission reward AND whatever you make from damaging the ships in your mission. What are you on about?

• Like 1

What about the pve server where you have

Missions, Trading and battleing ai fleets as your only option

Those are enough, you also have to remember there are less sources of outcome on PVE as well, in PVP we have to pay for flags, we are more likely to loose ships as well.

• Like 1

ya i was going to say, once you are like master commadant in a frigate or a belle you should be able to solo your missions and make 10K+ from the battle, before the mission update i was making about 12k per mission after repair costs. also i woul cap the enemy frigates and npc them for 12k and the guns for a total of like 8k, hammer the sides decently before you grape all the crew for extra xp and money. before that update i was coming close to 30k+ pretty much every mission. and frigates sell for under 100k which is like 20 missions, you should be able to easily afford that by the time you hit lieutenant commadant(200 crew rank) 

Sure can be. Players have put up Buy Contracts in every single nearby port producing Hemp, so there is never any Hemp on the open market where the price is set by NPCs. All Hemp prices are set by players, and due to the very short supply and huge demand it is not uncommon for Hemp prices in Gustavia to reach 800+

Sorry to break it to you, but because Cayman Brac is remotely near British ports there are buy contracts up for all shipbuilding materials there as well :D Same boat as Sweden by the sounds of it. I know some factions aren't having as much trouble but around UK waters it's buy contract central, you are incredibly lucky to get any materials dropped by the Port.

There is even a guy who has placed buy contracts for as much stone as possible around Kingston after buying up all the stone in port. Last I checked stone blocks were 145 apiece. I'm sure there are some ports where you can still get stone blocks but I'm half tempted to join him and get some guys together to multi buy contract the shit out of a single resource and force prices up to the moon. Then people will know pain.

You can increase production all you like but it really is the buy contract system nomming up everything a port produces that is causing these "shortages". I wouldn't be surprised if the people selling it are sitting on loads of units and there isn't an actual shortage per se, merely all the resources in the hands of people who resell at inflated prices in capital cities.

harryenfieldloadsamoney.gif

• Like 1

Sorry to break it to you, but because Cayman Brac is remotely near British ports there are buy contracts up for all shipbuilding materials there as well :D Same boat as Sweden by the sounds of it. I know some factions aren't having as much trouble but around UK waters it's buy contract central, you are incredibly lucky to get any materials dropped by the Port.

There is even a guy who has placed buy contracts for as much stone as possible around Kingston after buying up all the stone in port. Last I checked stone blocks were 145 apiece. I'm sure there are some ports where you can still get stone blocks but I'm half tempted to join him and get some guys together to multi buy contract the shit out of a single resource and force prices up to the moon. Then people will know pain.

You can increase production all you like but it really is the buy contract system nomming up everything a port produces that is causing these "shortages". I wouldn't be surprised if the people selling it are sitting on loads of units and there isn't an actual shortage per se, merely all the resources in the hands of people who resell at inflated prices in capital cities.

harryenfieldloadsamoney.gif

Completely agree with this, you cant accurately test the economy untill this issue is resolved.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

Gold was and will remain ridiculous because it is too easy to manipulate the market, if you have the gold to do it and there's no shortage of people who just want to control it. 

Kinda like the real world.

Edited by Babble

Что вы творите какие другие варианты на высоких уровнях? Смысл вобще качаться тогда если чем выше миссии сложнее ремонт дороже денег меньше втф АДМИНЫ ВЫ ЧТО КУРИТЕ ТАМ? Смысл играть в игру чтоб чем дольше играеш тем сильнее ты должен страдать просто 10 логики админов из 10

Really? Repair costs up for 4th rate and higher? with high level missions now giving only 5k gold and the gold from those missions the repair bill will be nearly or as much as your profit, this is stupid.

You are forgetting damage rewards that can reach 50k per mission on high level ships (in addition to a mission reward).

• Like 6

You are forgetting damage rewards that can reach 50k per mission on high level ships (in addition to a mission reward).

Furthermore, one should not really make any profit in 4th rates and up when fighting. Except when capturing Prizes and selling those prizes for money. 

Unless we want to see everyone sailing around in Santissima's again this is a good change.

• Like 1

If I were to delete my character on PvE, would that also delete my character on PvP?
We can now have different names and factions on different servers. But they do not specifically say that deleting a previous character will not delete the character on all servers.

I would like to avoid accidentally deleting my main.

What we have found over time is this. 

Sometimes players have to see two options to be able to see the light and the right solution. We lowered the mission rewards right now, but we have no strong position on this and it will continue being adjusted going forward until we find the sweet spot. 

In the future do not forget to constructively share your opinions if you disagree with changes. Don't be silent. Do not let the vocal minority to push for changes you do not want.

• Like 5

This is a big "maybe". You might also only get just whats needed. That argument is not, as i see it, valid for justifying the decision to apply it for every rank.

The added rick that comes with higher missions in not rewarded, well it is a bit with what 5% more XP?

Edited by Erhard

Sync Craft Labor Hours is a very Bad change in direction.

If you play on multiple servers you are very limited in supporting the ship building as a craft.  What once took a day to build will now take several days or weeks to build.  It makes no sense for a crafter to work multiple servers improving the ships on each server.  I have not checked if the crafting hours rate was increased, but if it does this also supports crafting on one server.  This change will support the large clan that pools all there labor hours into crafting a single ship. 

I would recommend unlinking the Labor hour at a minimum.  Unlinking the Crafting XP would also be preferable to this current change in direction.

Sneaky Turtle

If I were to delete my character on PvE, would that also delete my character on PvP?

We can now have different names and factions on different servers. But they do not specifically say that deleting a previous character will not delete the character on all servers.

I would like to avoid accidentally deleting my main.

deletion now will delete the player only on this server 

Sync Craft Labor Hours is a very Bad change in direction.

If you play on multiple servers you are very limited in supporting the ship building as a craft.  What once took a day to build will now take several days or weeks to build.  It makes no sense for a crafter to work multiple servers improving the ships on each server.  I have not checked if the crafting hours rate was increased, but if it does this also supports crafting on one server.  This change will support the large clan that pools all there labor hours into crafting a single ship. 

I would recommend unlinking the Labor hour at a minimum.  Unlinking the Crafting XP would also be preferable to this current change in direction.

Sneaky Turtle

Labor hours are universal across all servers. Otherwise you will level up 4 times faster. 

There are only 2 choices

• Sync craft XP and labor hours
  • or not sync craft XP at all. 

Because getting craft xp is hard (if not harder) than battle XP we believe it should be synced with labor hours -providing flexibility AND limiting exploits.. 

• Like 6

4th rates and higher vessels repair prices increased 50%

> Well.... no one gonna buy 4th rate if someone buy one of those that guy definitely lose money cuz mission prize is fixed 5000gold

In my opinion. Dvps change this game too much everytime

Edited by KiddWilliams

4th rates and higher vessels repair prices increased 50%

> Well.... no one gonna buy 4th rate if someone buy one of those that guy definitely lose money cuz mission prize is fixed 5000gold

In my opinion. Dvps change this game too much everytime

This is alpha. Expect frequent massive changes.

ok so i am totally cool with the mission gold nerf, but i think reducing the xp reward was unwarranted. was it really necessary to drop the xp on captain missions? i mean its not a big change but every little bit counts in the long haul and i dont remember seeing that it was being changed as well.