Game-Labs Forum

Video - USN Attacks France

Grim DeGrim

fun to see you have to hire TDA in order to be able to win a battle.

considering that you are showing off your "skill" your probably one of the worst alliance i ever saw. at least be proud and stay quiet

I'm not part of any U.S clan, but if I see any of them need my help in a port battle or in battle on the seas, I have their back. For what it's worth anyways lol.

Not for any money or other payment, just for the fun of killing Spainards or any other faction.

Edited by Ruthless4u

fun to see you have to hire TDA in order to be able to win a battle.

considering that you are showing off your "skill" your probably one of the worst alliance i ever saw. at least be proud and stay quiet

Hire? I think you misunderstand. The United States, unlike the Spanish, French and British, are just that: united. Petty intrafactional squabbling is something of a purely European invention. It is my understanding that such inability of the French nation to internally agree to something as simple as a short term ceasefire was what doomed the French operation in Louisiana. Edited by InfiniteAmount
  • Like 1

Hmm, during the "Ceasefire" one of the leader's of TF was attacked by French forces. 

At first he was pulled into battle by SLMFr members that had no knowledge of the ceasefire. (How is that possible when both the ambassadors whom agreed to a 24 hour cease fire are from the very same Guild?! Lack of communication between ambassadors and members?). 

To be fair the SLMFr members respected the ceasefire when they were told about it.

However, not 10 minutes later he was once more attacked by another French Squadron (MRF), who did not did not respect the ceasefire. Any agreement made between our nations was clearly defined and followed to the letter by the US nation. The only failure in negotations was the failure for the French nation to conduct themselves in a co-ordinated and honourable manner.

As a result the ceasefire was cancelled along with the talks and the smell of cheese removed from Louisiana. 

• Like 2

Yes, ceasefires on all sides are broken, including one brokered, only to see Biloxi under attack less than an hour later.

Folks, all of this is old news. USN has Louisiana, and stands alone without allies. That is really what the sun of all events boils down to.

Yes, ceasefires on all sides are broken, including one brokered, only to see Biloxi under attack less than an hour later.

Folks, all of this is old news. USN has Louisiana, and stands alone without allies. That is really what the sun of all events boils down to.

No, not on all sides. The cease fire was to commence at 00:00 (Easten Time). Biloxi was not only taken before 00:00, it was also agreed with your diplomat, Nakor. Your players turned up, there was a good fight, France lost and the port was captured. The cease fire then went in to effect and a faction that was outside of your control did not honour the agreement made, as a result, you were removed from the vicinity.

I am all up for a little bit of role-play and banter, but the second you start being untruthful in an attempt to besmear the leadership of Tattered Flags then we start to have a problem. You came in to our teamspeak, where you were greeted warmly and with respect. An agreement was made. Your nation broke the agreement. End of discussion.

Edit: Oh and for the record, we are allied with both the Dutch and the Danish. You know, the ones kicking your tooshie down in the Antilles.

Edited by Stephen_Decatur
  • Like 2

You twist the truth like a serpent. Must be your nature.

As you were not present for the beginning of the negotiations (half an hour in), and left well before the end (talks went on for another hour and a half), you are in no position to be pointing the finger.

Edited by Stephen_Decatur
  • Like 1

Gentlemen, let's not cry and discuss the spilt milk ad nauseam. What is done is done. Louisiana is American.

I for one will remember the US diplomatic finesse. But I digress, in the end it is a pvp server and you won fairly. Maybe in the future there might some reconsideration of positions and approach to issues.

For now, good luck and fair seas!

• Like 3

My own impression, not as an ambassador, but as one of the grunts who does the fighting, is that we as a nation actually have nothing but respect and amiability for your nation.  It was met with disappointment when the talks collapsed, and hopes that things might be different at another time.

• Like 2

USN has Louisiana, and stands alone without allies.

If French captains spent half as much time on their gunnery and seamanship as they do trying to convince themselves they are not the ones at fault for their own losses, perhaps they would've actually been potential allies we'd regret losing. If we've learned anything about how the French treat cease-fires, I'd wager that being at war with the French is almost as dangerous as being at peace with them.

• Like 6

This went negative fast.

The French have been honorable. At least the ones we have been working with closely, SLMF.

This game is still pretty new and the clans in other nations are a bit behind the US in working together as a team instead of factions within a nation. The French have been trying to repair that in their nation and it will make them stronger.

What is to be learned of here is most likely communication. My guess is that after the meeting the message was not sent around to the other clans efficiently. That can be remedied in future negotiations with any nation they have.

I learned something as well. When times are set for cease fires, it must be specified whether we are talking server times or say East coast time. Either way I am understanding that a message was sent to the US that a discussion within the nation did not side in favor of a positive relationship with us. As soon as that was delivered the cease fire became mute as it was, in spirit, only to give enough time to have their meeting.

• Like 2

I think we should not let this thread turn into another slagging match. It started so well with praise for victors and vanquished. Any attempt at a truce or peace talks will never be possible again if we can't atleast keep the snidey comments to a minimum.

In regards to the broken truce, things have to be put into place on all sides to ensure that misunderstanding doesn't happen again. That way if someone does the same again and break a truce or cease fire agreement, then atleast we know it is only individual/s that are not honouring something that has been agreed. Either that or base peace talks or agreements with individual guilds not whole nations. I know it might not be perfect but until nations (not necessarily US) can work together as a whole nation in game it might just have to be with individual guilds.

Attempting informal, full ceasefires / peace in the absence of in-game systems is asking for grief and confusion. It is also arguably deeply unfair. A player paid the same as everyone else for the game, yet they find what they can and cannot do in-game is being dictated by small groups of individuals. They are limited in what they can do, while a small sub-set of players get access to a whole different form of gameplay that is now doubt very fun, gratifying and flattering for them, but excludes the majority of the nation.

Much simpler would be agreements between clans not to participate in territorial acquisition (port battles or running interference for port battles). This is much easier to implement and more democratic.

• Like 1

Thinking off the top of my head...  I wonder if the Devs could implement a 48-Hr faction poll on declaring War/Peace, whereby the voting would be open for say 48 hours.  That way, it would be moderately skewed towards players who are on regularly (read: clans).  This would also allow Clan ambassadors the time to state the case for war/peace via the Faction Chat.  This still allows casual, non-clan players input, but suffieciently skews the results toward players with more at stake.  

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 3