Game-Labs Forum

Video - USN Attacks France

Grim DeGrim

In a turn of events that sees an otherwise peaceful French nation settling down in Louisiana, the United States Navy (USN) attacks.  Though without a standing navy, nor arms of the day, France meets the USN at TerreBonne.

Supposed allies of the Dutch, whom France is at war with in the Lower Antilles, the USN effectively sends all French players to fight the Dutch in South.  Stephen Decatur's expulsion of the French being near complete, makes no allies for the future.  

Britain, Spain, Pirates, and all else - We will stand with you against the USN.

• Like 8

I was in a cutter and all the AI ships decided to chase 1 dude if I remember correctly. We were just looking for xp since that was right after they changed to the 200% bonus because we didn't care. Besides I heard (I was in a cutter just traveling down the coast that decided to see what was up), that you guys lost the second battle no?

Grats on beating 6 ai and 6 players with your 9 players 2 ai?

This is another battle with actual players on our side :) (both of our guys just escaped they never sank)

http://imgur.com/a/cbZVv

• Like 1

Take notes on what? On knowing how to take ports from groups of people who aren't even ONLINE at the time that you're taking ports? Not sure how those notes are gonna help us exactly when we're all sleeping, but okay.

Then set your port timers lol. You can't just lose 3 ports that were under timers and be like "WELL WHAT WERE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?"

Great fight guys, despite being outgunned you mustered and fought. Came darned close to sinking me by the end too. (nice rake on my bow Grim.) Though we may be foes, the French are an honorable foe and a worthy opponent. I have no doubt we haven't seen the last of you. o7

• Like 5

Great fight guys, despite being outgunned you mustered and fought. Came darned close to sinking me by the end too. (nice rake on my bow Grim.) Though we may be foes, the French are an honorable foe and a worthy opponent. I have no doubt we haven't seen the last of you. o7

See, this is the type of response these threads deserve: congratulations over a decent fight, win or lose, not the pissy, passive-aggressive foolishness that seems to permeate most of them that I've read. Kudos.

• Like 5

Take notes on what? On knowing how to take ports from groups of people who aren't even ONLINE at the time that you're taking ports? Not sure how those notes are gonna help us exactly when we're all sleeping, but okay.

God Bless ya Cake but the last three Spanish ports we took were ones with timers the Spanish set, not our prime time.

Awesome video Grim, and great work with timing the music.

For many reasons, it is a pleasure to fight and interact with your group of French. It is a shame you had to be affiliated with SLRN otherwise it never would have come to this. To see an example of the type of poor behavior your group thankfully does NOT exemplify, look no further than the poor-sport Sick Men who seek to hijack this very thread with their own Spanish insecurities manifest.

I hope you do not hold our expansionary policies against us in the long term. Our peoples are of an incessantly proud temperament. It is what makes us thusly belligerent, but also a valuable ally should you have a change of heart after these military actions are concluded.

I also hope it is realized that the SLRNMF vision of holding ports in the Louisiana territories was never going to be uncontested from our navies, especially for an SLRN subclan of nebulous parent affiliation. It seems that SLRN has only served to severely undermine the French and Spanish in the western part of the map, making one wonder why said factions are so quick to throw their weight behind an "ally" who takes their very ports and turns geographically proximal potential friends into enemies, to deadly effect.

• Like 5

Then set your port timers lol. You can't just lose 3 ports that were under timers and be like "WELL WHAT WERE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?"

One thing you need to realize about the Spanish in this game, that is their only defense. They actually have no hope of ever really doing anything worthwile so that is their crutch.

It was une grande bataille, with quite the spirited defense. I applaud the French for engaging us with order and coordination, truly much greater than the woefully low standard set by some of the other enemies of the United States. I myself was eliminated early, having screened our rear squadron from French guns, both naval and land based, and paying dearly for it.

• Like 1

Continuing the work of liberating occupied Louisiana, both Constance and La Bahia have been welcomed into the protection of these United States.  While the tides only allowed entrance into these ports at very narrow times, the United States Navy is willing to overcome any obstacle, including delirium induced by lack of sleep.

Good fight Grim. Thanks for posting it. Maybe I need to watch the video again but for the love of all things holy, why did you sit there with your sails down and the 3rd rate ram ya?

Complete miscalculation on my part. Stephen only had 180 crew on his Bellona by then. I really did have 3 boarding upgrades on.

At about 4 minutes, he rams another player. That was about the closest to boarding I came.

It did make for a nice video ending :)

• Like 1

If taking notes, Spain... A thought. The big scary third rates, and some of the 4th rates: don't bother shooting at them.

At this point, for dps output is very poor due to reload time. However, their tanking ability is very high, especially against load poundage cannon balls.

It might be more effective to kill off the 5th/4th rates first.

This dynamic will only exist for a little while, until ships are crewed properly. Otherwise, I'd normally say shoot the big ships.

• Like 1

Anglais / French communicating will be a work in progress. As my first experience in NA I thought the port battle team was very positive, despite the odds. No (that I could understand) objected to laying it all on the line.

Some obvious constructive feedback includes fleet discipline (observe the map overhead views and consider ineffective firing positions of ships stacked so deeply). USN did better at this than us, but not great either. Comms on teamspeak were excellent. Very little cross chatter. Target calling for focus fire was almost non existent. It almost felt like we needed battle groups, with at least 2 leaders (front half, and back half), as targets that were called only pertained to those in that localized area.

Had comms been recorded, I'd of posted a full length video, but new PC... Didn't realize they weren't.