Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France declares war to Britain

Éric

You wanted a war? Well, you can't have one anymore. Good on you Pierrick. Just like back in 2008.

You didn't want proper fights at 8pm CET. You wanted wins. Well, you can now have those wins. as many as you want. You just need to get up at 5am on a Saturday for them. Why should we make this easy on you?

My English is not that good, and this make no sense to me. The words and grammar make sense, but the text has no sense. I need to practice more. I do not master yet subtleties of English language.

Could it be possible to stop this senseless discussion. I don't play NA to complain or fight in the forum over stuffs... I'm here to enjoy myself. I'm not here to fightover who's right or wrong.

This morning we had 3 honorable officers who resisted, knowing that they would not survive. Please let thank them for their sportsmanship. And please stop arguing about port timers.

Agreed, however when the French post this below... do they expect us to roll over and take it like the French took it from the Danes?

From what I heard from [bWITC] & [sINK] the battles in Panama have been honourable, to then have the leader of the EDR come on and talk about reputation and honour is pure hypocrisy.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11966-pvp1-france-declares-war-to-britain/page-25

• Like 1

Timers are going to be kept set at anti-EU times to limit the way in which anyone who plays at EU times can advance into undefended fronts. Feel free to take them at 04-06 or 10-12. I'm not making any excuse to use the Australians or non-EU players for this, it's pure and simply a delaying tactic.

For those that claim that setting timers as above ruins their enjoyment of this game, be aware that having to perpetually fight for as long as you are online and playing Naval Action also has the very same effect. 99% of those based in Panama have relocated elsewhere, so don't expect any actual worthwhile fighting. 

Bon voyage.

and how fun would the server be if everyone did the same thing? should the europeans maybe move to the US server to be able to do something?

but thank you for the honest answer:)

I was starting to wonder why I had no respect for the british nation in this game, but not anymore :)

• Like 1

and how fun would the server be if everyone did the same thing? should the europeans maybe move to the US server to be able to do something?

but thank you for the honest answer:)

I was starting to wonder why I had no respect for the british nation in this game, but not anymore :)

Aaaaaand here we go. Britbashing-time! Hooouray!

You ask why? Because it is not like our enemies had or have used this even either....

Just have a look to Misteriosa, Corrientes and Trinidad 11pm means midnight in middle europe which is also not so confortable on working days... Do you hear us complaining? No.But hey! Brits fault! Gnaaaahhhh...

Edited by Jonathan Arlington
  • Like 2

ah, not ment as britbashing.. my honest opinion is just that if you can't hold the ports at normal timer, don't hold it.. I know others have been using it as well, at least we(danes) used it when we took the french ports... But 60 out of 90 ports(reportedly) is a little to much imo..

I'll stand down from arguing on the topic.. no point anyways :)

On a personal note and unrelated to the GB council, I feel it's not the place of the 'Russian' French to talk of reputation and honour... especially from the very nation that folded and surrendered in a weekend, and now with the backing of their paymaster, claims to be the righteous and victorious French!

Respect is a two way process and though I personally held the French in the highest, your actions since your occupation and been nothing but cowardly and weak. To now place yourselves on a pedestal as 'moral guardians' is an insult the the word Honour!

Sir, look to the Spanish and the Free French clans as an example of integrity and true fighting spirit!

Classic Brits. Blame it on the Russians when you lose.

Pirates take ports - Damn Russians

Danes take ports - Damn Russians

French take ports - Damn Russians.

Spanish take ports - Damn Russians

Americans take ports - Aliens?

• Like 4

Classic Brits. Blame it on the Russians when you lose.

Pirates take ports - Damn Russians

Danes take ports - Damn Russians

French take ports - Damn Russians.

Spanish take ports - Damn Russians

Americans take ports - Aliens?

1458410101-113tq0.jpg

• Like 1

Just have a look to Misteriosa, Corrientes and Trinidad 11pm means midnight in middle europe which is also not so confortable on working days... Do you hear us complaining? No.But hey! Brits fault! Gnaaaahhhh...

It is certainly not the best time, i think i would rather see a new window between 19 and 22 or 20 23. 

But there's a difference between attacking at midnight and at 3AM or 4AM.

No point in giving away free ports to the enemy either, so do as much to dissuade them from attacking it. Sleep deprivation is a good way to go, as our fights against the Pirates/Danes have shown.   ;)

That's a little bit too "tryhard" mentality honestly. I think you guys forgot that it's just a game.

Talking about sleep deprivation in order to fight the others is just not fair-play and it won't obviously create a good atmosphere. The Port Windows were originally not designed for that, and even if the Danes/Pirates are doing it, you shouldn't feel proud to do it too. 

Edited by Thomas Rousseau
  • Like 1

A good atmosphere requires both parties to want one. From what we're told, you don't even want the ports for yourself, you want to pass them to RAE anyways - hence their strong support. So let them cap them?

We're as much obliged to provide you with a fun gameplay experience as you are to provide us.

It is certainly not the best time, i think i would rather see a new window between 19 and 22 or 20 23. 

But there's a difference between attacking at midnight and at 3AM or 4AM.

That's a little bit too "tryhard" mentality honestly. I think you guys forgot that it's just a game.

Talking about sleep deprivation in order to fight the others is just not fair-play and it won't obviously create a good atmosphere. The Port Windows were originally not designed for that, and even if the Danes/Pirates are doing it, you shouldn't feel proud to do it too. 

1458416350-sans-eyeside-resize.jpeg

People tend to do that, sadly.

When it's Role Playing, it can be ok.

1458416352-sans-eyeless-resize.png

But when it's not... It can become a really bad time.

It's not a matter of being proud of setting timers to that. We just don't have any other choice if we want to slow the French down as best we can. Thus.

1458416352-sans-eyeless-resize.png

So basicly, it's ok to use douchebag moves if it's you who do it?

I feel much confortable with doing it against you now.

edit: More seriously, don't be surprised if there is complain and argument about that.

1458416355-sans-blinking.jpg

Edited by KuroNyra

Considering that every nation in this game will try as best they might to defend what they own, yes. Complain about it all you want, we're simply copying the trend. Difference is, Britain as a whole probably has more people willing to wake up at those timers to actually take ports.

C'est la vie.