Game-Labs Forum

Suggestion Summary mid '18

Looking back at an older thread I made about half a year ago, quite a few things got looked at by the devs and implemented in a more or less similar way as suggested - Thank you for that.

Now, there are still some things I'd like to see changed / implemented, so I figured a new "sum-up-list" to get other players' opionions would be appropriate.

Feel free to discuss, suggest changes or add new suggestions that come to your mind.

BRAINSTORM!

• Fixed Patrol Zone RoE
  • Safe, but smaller Reinforcment Zones
  • Buy Contracts for ships - Perhaps with the new Port UI (?)
  • Reputation System where sinking low ranked / new players gets punished aka. you get negative rep. points, sinking high ranked players lets you rank up. Sinking someone while having a huge advantage in numbers has a negative affect aswell. Would require a separate rank system - example
  • Rare, in no other accesible optical reward Items from Port battles - E.G. Paints that you cannot get from DLC's - To fuel RvR a bit.
  • Santa Cecilia - Don't know what the plans with this beauty are, Probably a DLC? If not, PLEASE make it more accesible.
  • Either nerf the Herucles or adjust other shallow water vessels to prevent the herc being the sole king of Shallows
  • Allow chat between players in OW if wished for (both players), so that an agreement can be made - E.G. trading 5 pvp marks in return of letting a trader go
  • 1-2 more Tow Requests per day, obtainable through gold or pvp marks 
  • 2 more unlockable outposts for ingame gold or pvp marks --> No "Pay2Win"
  • Sailforce-nerf - "heavy-wood" ingers should NOT be able to get to 15.5 kts. downwind.
  • "Prepared Perk" should be default.
  • Paint DLCs - soonTM I guess?
  • "Donation DLCs" which lets players support the dev. team - in return they get either a special badge, additional rank-name or name color ingame.
  • Duel option when right clicking a name, with given vessels (and upgrades), no loss, no rewards - possibly with an ELO rating?
  • Like 14

All sounds good to me, but I think the reputation system might not work as intended because: what if a low rank player attacks you or joins gank against you? Should your reputation be lowered for defending yourself? How do you design a system that prevents that? I had a 1v1 offered by a Ravager pirate the other day and it was better than most 1v1s I have with max rank players. With this reputation system, I would be forced to turn down the fight. All I see this doing is limiting content.

More Outposts please :)

Edited by Capn Rocko
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Liq said:

Santa Cecilia - Don't know what the plans with this beauty are, Probably a DLC? If not, PLEASE make it more accesible.

easy, just do something like this, and they may give you Santa. 🤣

Edited by Black Mamba
  • Like 1

Great list. Id just like to add... 1. A wind direction indicator in port. 2. The ability to buy sell non-dlc  paints in shop.

3 hours ago, Liq said:

• Fixed Patrol Zone RoE Needs to be looked at.
  • Safe, but smaller Reinforcment Zones Don't agree but they do need to be able to allow casuals to do there thing, but better PvP zones for the PvPers to find each other.
  • Buy Contracts for ships - Perhaps with the new Port UI (?)Yep hope will come with new UI along with port contracts limits for clans to pick who can make them in clan owned ports.
  • Reputation System where sinking low ranked / new players gets punished aka. you get negative rep. points, sinking high ranked players lets you rank up. Sinking someone while having a huge advantage in numbers has a negative affect aswell. Would require a separate rank system - example
  • Rare, in no other accesible optical reward Items from Port battles - E.G. Paints that you cannot get from DLC's - To fuel RvR a bit.Something to encourage folks to fight more, pluss BR's need to be looked at we have way to many ports at the 2500 BR mark limiting to fights to only small groups of elite players holding down ports.
  • Santa Cecilia - Don't know what the plans with this beauty are, Probably a DLC? If not, PLEASE make it more accesible.I think I seen one once......to rare to be honest for such a beauty.  Though would also like to see more refits of other ships. Same stats but special paints you can only get as rewards.  
  • Either nerf the Herucles or adjust other shallow water vessels to prevent the herc being the sole king of Shallows Lets wait to see what they do with the other 6th rates, but I do think the xebec needs to go back to 5th rate too and not allowed in PB's until the balance is done to the older ships.
  • Allow chat between players in OW if wished for (both players), so that an agreement can be made - E.G. trading 5 pvp marks in return of letting a trader go I kinda got use to the no name thing, but a Hail function would be nice to do just that, limit trade between enemy to in port though maybe allow marks or money pay for release/not tagging.  That are to arrange friendly fights between nations.
  • 1-2 more Tow Requests per day, obtainable through gold or pvp marks I'm fine with the one tow a day, but could make it one or two more but make them cost way more than the first one.  That way they get very expensive to do after the first one.  NOt every one is a millionaire after all in game.
  • 2 more unlockable outposts for ingame gold or pvp marks --> No "Pay2Win"Just give every one the capital of there nation for free.  As for the Hard Nations and Pirates see below for what to do with them and than give every one, one free port of there pickigns (like they give the free permit).  Than make the other 8 cost like they do now.
  • Sailforce-nerf - "heavy-wood" ingers should NOT be able to get to 15.5 kts. downwind.
  • "Prepared Perk" should be default.  Agreed
  • Paint DLCs - soonTM I guess? Don't know why they are holding onto paints so much, it's not like every thing will be wipe on release.  It irks me more that we don't have Paints back in game than waiting on the UI patches and such.  As I would love my ships not looking like every one else.
  • "Donation DLCs" which lets players support the dev. team - in return they get either a special badge, additional rank-name or name color ingame. Maybe a founders pack folks can buy that gives a Forum Tag, special rank-name/color ingame and some paint/flag in game to show they are FOUNDERS.  I know we are getting the Pandora, but something like this would be nice for us old timers that got gold pockets.
  • Duel option when right clicking a name, with given vessels (and upgrades), no loss, no rewards - possibly with an ELO rating? Never been a fan of Duel room as that is pretty much NA:L, but a training room would be nice. Any one know why the Fleet Practice room was removed any way?

39 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Less nations. More casual player content.  

They really need to drop the three extra nations and give those mechanics to pirates.

• Like 1

I would like to see a replay option, where you can save replays of a battle after the battle is over. You never know if something nice/funny/epic is happening in the battle and not everybody is recording. Also good for green on green prove or bug reports.

Nice list of suggestions btw.

Edited by Roronoa
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Capn Rocko said:

All sounds good to me, but I think the reputation system might not work as intended because: what if a low rank player attacks you or joins gank against you? Should your reputation be lowered for defending yourself? How do you design a system that prevents that?

A modification of a chess ELO system would work as well. In short:

• if you kill someone without large BR advantage, who has a high rank, you gain the most. He looses the most (however relatively less than you gain)
  • If you kill someone in a gank, or someone much less experienced than you, you gain almost nothing and he looses nothing
  • as a result, your rank goes up if you fight fair fights
  • goals of ranks is a bragging right

19 hours ago, Liq said:

Sailforce-nerf -

This one is risky. Right now sail force is the only reason why fighting with large ganks is somewhat (barely) possible, since on average half of them are slower than you either against or with the wind. I think it's a good thing. If I got sank every time I hunted in capital areas, I would stop going there  - so would others. The last place where PvP is somewhat possible would die.

All other suggestions @Liq posted are a good sum up of what's talked in the community.

Removing 3 new nations is a very stupid idea at this point. It's being suggested mostly by 2 same people, without good arguments. Removing a nation that is alive is bad for the game.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

also a great option would be :

Earning Titles:(just like we have the paints box )

"The Smelly" (he who travels with fish) "stinky" "The whale" "The Tuna" "The Haering" The Salty"

"The Bottle" (he who catches bottles a lot ) "totally slammed" "The drunk"

"the Slaughter" (captains who board a lot) "Catcher"  "The walker" 

we can think a lot of titles

ecc: 

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1