Game-Labs Forum

The Missing Admin

MidnightLight

Moderators, including most of the players with green name in chat in-game, are private persons who do a voluntary service to Game-Labs and to the community. They may leave the game, switch nation, or simply become less inclined to show their voice and presence in chat at any time, for any reason - personal or other.

• Like 4

I know in-game on [PvP Global]  @Iroquois Confederacyand @The Red Dukecame in for a lot of unwarranted stick from the player community. Both seem to just completely step back from the game or as above Captains mention drop back from their Moderator Roles.

For selfish reasons I miss both players for their insights and passion for the game. @Iroquois Confederacyalso had one of my favourite 1v1 PvP battles with.

I do hope they return

Norfolk.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

I know in-game on [PvP Global]  @Iroquois Confederacyand @The Red Dukecame in for a lot of unwarranted stick from the player community. Both seem to just completely step back from the game or as above Captains mention drop back from their Moderator Roles.

For selfish reasons I miss both players for their insights and passion for the game. @Iroquois Confederacyalso had one of my favourite 1v1 PvP battles with.

I do hope they return

Norfolk.

As some may know, we [Rover] a clan of 4 guys played as Corsairs. Patch 11.x made this play style obsolete. Furthermore the community wasn't/ isn't always kind to our mods - sometimes people are missing respect. All that and a major community incident made us all from [Rover] taking a game break. Half of [Rover] recently started playing on EU again. @The Red Duke is observing the game and I bet no I am certain he will join us when every playstyle find its place in that game and or when the Sea calls him back home.

That may fit to other mods as well. Maybe they are already playing but different name, server and nation ;-) You can never be sure.....

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

Thank you for the kindness. Moderators are around.

Personally I'm involved in story telling projects ( pen and paper rpg ) and my own tabletop game design at the moment side by side with a big IT project here at my office, so time for Naval Action got severely reduced.

But I keep tabs with the stuff going on.

• Like 7

While I was critical of some of your actions, I appreciated your service. Community promoted moderators are key to a growing game - with checks and balances.

I hope the game does bring back the role of the Corsair, while also recovering the role of the Bounty Hunter. I had fun trying to recover lazy lost traders back when I was with the Dutch.  

Good luck with your projects and hope we get to fight again! Cheers.

Edited by Tenet

I did wonder what happened to red Duke... I no longer have 80% of my posts deleted, I also stopped having to get the admin to overturn bans....!

Mabey I stopped being a Arse on here also so o guess red Duke rubbed off on me after all... Miss you dukey!!

• Like 1

I get folks have to move on and other things come up, but I do think we need some new active moderators on the servers.  Not sure if EU has active ones as I tend to pop on there at odd slow times (Sunday mornings for me) and I pretty much never go onto PvE server.   It would be nice to bring in some new mods so folks know there is a presence and it might help keep some of the toxic nature of chat that pops up once in a while down just knowing that there might be some one watching.  

• Like 4