Game-Labs Forum

Premium Club and Account Upgrades

• 2 months later...

Here are my thoughts

1)Base game price $30.00 at launch, Pre-order is more because we are getting cool things and helping to bring up the game.

-Person can obtain anything with in game currency.

-person does not need to spend real money to experience anything in game.

-no premium ques and no premium only places.

-anyone can buy and sell at the auction house. no premium player advantages, no buy/sell limit.

I honestly hate micro transactions and what they have done to the game industry but I understand that they can help small developers.

2)Micro transaction items will only include: premium ships, and aesthetic things like clothes or sail color ect.

-Monthly premium time will only give currency bonus and xp/labor bonus.

-Premium ships can be used by non premium members and are sold for cash/premium currency.

-Premium ships will give no unfair advantage over not premium ships/players in combat

-NO PREMIUM HEAT SEEKING AMMUNITION OF ANY KIND

-NO PREMIUM ULTRA CANNONS OR ARMS

-NO PREMIUM SPIDER SILK SAILS

3)Premium ships should be modeled after World of Tanks premium tanks. 

-Cool unique

-Give players who use them increased earned currency in combat/trade

-Premium ships range from small to large(Maybe no bigger than a 4th rate?)

-Increased or decreased repair cost/time(not really sure which it should be)

-Premium ships should obviously have their strengths but must also have weaknesses(Just because you paid 55 dollars for a tank in WoT doesn't make you good at the game, in fact most premium tanks are easy to kill and are driven by morons who do not know how to use game mechanics, I expect it to be the same in NA.)

-I believe premium ships should be expensive to buy possibly upwards of 50$ for larger ships. You are pretty much buying a permanent gold increase and that should be expensive. Also people will buy them even if they are expensive.

-Premium ships should be able to be defeated normally by non premium ships.

4)Optional premium time to support the game

-Maybe 10$

-Have and EVE online system(PLEX) or ArcheAge system(Apex) both are pretty much the same.

I maybe late to the party and probably have missed something but these are my thoughts so far, my apologies if I repeated a lot of what was previously said or if this is the wrong topic.

Thanks for reading.

-Gary

I would probably be able to afford a monthly subscription or in game micro transactions, BUT I do NOT want this to become a pay to win game. Microtransactions for aesthetics or in game items that confer no advantage only. Premium Ships, yes, so long as they are no better than a mid to high end ship available to all in the game. Maybe upgraded rigging, sails, cannon etc, but again only if they are no better than what anyone playing the game for free can achieve with a little time and effort.

Let me be clear..... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE NO PAY TO WIN!!

Here are my thoughts

I can see myself spending my money on some of these things.

I think there's good potential if they can offer a starter kit that includes a ship with more than 14 guns. You know like the Royal Armed Yacht but with battle ready characteristics that would be more suitable for holding its own against the enemy. Include a decent cargo hold with some resources for long voyages and you can pretty much guarantee the noobs and casual players will have a good first day with the ship. ;)

Great followup comment on how Premium Tanks in WoT work.  They're generally about average for their Tier.  You can do really well in them (like you can any tank) if you're good and know how to use them, but you'll still generally be outclassed by someone with similar skills to yours in a fully upgraded tank of the same tier.

Premium vehicles are fine, but not if you get sunk and lose it for good.  Paying for a ship means it either needs to be really cheap and disposable, or something that you can insure or otherwise keep a large portion of the value if it gets sunk to avoid bad feelings amongst your customers, and it also needs to be slightly inferior to the fully in-game earned version that is similar to it.  The micro-transaction model and how it will be designed will depend very heavily on how "durable" ships are throughout usage and battles.

Apart from hating chivalry and its arcade gameplay in comparisonn to warooof the roses (which has just been announced as dead because the devs wasted roses profits chasing chivalry and. Cod fans with war of the. Vvikibggs arcade game) i doooont mind. Payyying for cosmetics as longg as they are grinndable. As. Well.

mechwarrior oonlinnee. Isa good examples of. This. Mmodel

Great followup comment on how Premium Tanks in WoT work.  They're generally about average for their Tier.  You can do really well in them (like you can any tank) if you're good and know how to use them, but you'll still generally be outclassed by someone with similar skills to yours in a fully upgraded tank of the same tier.

Premium vehicles are fine, but not if you get sunk and lose it for good.  Paying for a ship means it either needs to be really cheap and disposable, or something that you can insure or otherwise keep a large portion of the value if it gets sunk to avoid bad feelings amongst your customers, and it also needs to be slightly inferior to the fully in-game earned version that is similar to it.  The micro-transaction model and how it will be designed will depend very heavily on how "durable" ships are throughout usage and battles.

Thanks

I like your idea on maybe decrease overall premium ship durability.

More ideas on premium ships

Premium ships should be special in some way, maybe specialize in carrying cargo, or have a few extra guns, or maybe its just fast. Or a mix of them.

Don't take an existing ship in game and slap on a currency booster, make it special, Maybe even make your own ship designs, I would be okay if it never existed.

World of Tanks uses blueprints and prototypes maybe do that if possible, sure they didn't actually exist but the idea did.

Make unique ships and add a permanent currency/xp booster to it and I guarantee they will sell even if they are expensive, just look at World of Tanks.

Sure some people will be upset at the lack of authenticity of the premium ships but adding those would be a million times better than adding pay to win items/P2P

JUST MAKE SURE THEY ARE BALANCED AND NOT OVER POWERED, AND CAN BE DEFEATED BY SHIPS OF THE SAME TIER.

Please not pay to win!!!

dont worry no one wants something like that here not even the devs

JUST MAKE SURE THEY ARE BALANCED AND NOT OVER POWERED, AND CAN BE DEFEATED BY SHIPS OF THE SAME TIER.

there is no healthbars or anything other with numbers. please all stop comparing NA with these other pieces of floral.

thanks

dont worry no one wants something like that here not even the devs

there is no healthbars or anything other with numbers. please all stop comparing NA with these other pieces of floral.

thanks

Friendly reminders don't hurt:)

Maybe they don't have visible health bars/pool but I am sure each component of the ship can only take so many hits before being crippled, same with the hull and sinking. So in a way there is kinda a health bar somewhere.

"other pieces of floral" Is that a typo or just an expression I have never heard?

What about DLC? extra quests or items what not better is than the normal items?

But please No microtransactions or somthing like that

What is a good way for them to continue to raise capital to keep the servers running and the developers paid then? If not with monthly subscription or purchaseable items?