Game-Labs Forum

Impoved Defence around Mortimmer Town

Hello.

well i have no idea how to say this but camping players right outside Mortimmer Town makes it imposible to play this game. for starters i cant attack them even if we are 4-5 pirates in frigates we dont stand a chance aggainst 10+. we cant leave because they will follow us and attack once we are out of safe waters. we cant attack NPC because all sudenly there are joining Constitution or higher ships. or like last night took my Suprise and attacked a traders brig. a Satisima and Constitution joins on enemy side and cant even call reinforcement fleet in protected area im performing the battle...

A Solution could be that you add A reinforcemnt button when an enemy players joins on enemyside. that would spawn more and more Ai overtime.

another outcome could be that AI spawn massive fleets around MT with goal destroying enemy ships.. it is pirate capital after all some defence it should have.

this issue destroys the gameplay as for new as for moderate players, and the worst part.. they dont camp for 5 min they camp for hours...

anyone have better solution please post it..

post-12848-0-62485400-1451019640_thumb.jpg

Hm, this infuriates me to an extend where i even would call for an international mission to protect newbie pirates players from such unhonorable griefing.

As such, i would recommend to call in global, when such behaviour occurs again, i'm pretty sure you will be helped. We need you as strong enemies, not besieged without a chance.

Edited by Nathaniel

I'm sorry, but I completely 100% disagree. If anything, you should have ZERO protection fleets. I mean come on, your pirates! You are the thieves of the sea, the scum, the scourge, the devil's.

Pirates are not a nation, and never were. They didn't have the resources or the ships to muster a 20 strong fleet of 3rd rates and St Pavels around their ports. They just had odds and ends of ships that they had captured (I would even say to remove crafting from the pirates).

The administration described the action of attacking smaller players outside their home port as 'Clubbing Seals'. For every nation other than the pirates I completely agree... but for pirates, regardless of location, rank or ship the rules are to sink on sight.

That is the risk of playing as a pirate. You can't have your cake and eat it to.

Edited by B4NGSPL4T

Just to note, it works both ways. Two days ago La Tortue was unusable for several hours because of a pirate fleet sitting outside. It's allowable under the current game mechanics. I was able to teleport to another location and continue playing. At the moment, the pirates have less options, but still own territory. This is also part of the games mechanics. 

I would argue that the ability to blockade a port should be part of the game. I'd be open to suggestions that nations should not be able to enter battles made up of two other nations (ie US entering a pirate vs. Spain). This would allow players to continue to play while in the protected area, but I believe that it may also lead to situations where people could escape PVP by entering battles with NPCs.

*As a disclaimer, I'm probably in that picture. If it was taken the evening of December 24th, I was not actively engaged in that location.

The difference Whitworth is that tortuga is a free port....not a starter city for new players. Plus Boomsplat knows damn well what kind of shenanigans they were pulling outside of MT...I won't get into it in detail on this thread but he knows. As far as his line about acting like thieves, scum, and a scourge I'll just give him a mirror next time he is looking for someone fitting that description.

Just to note, it works both ways. Two days ago La Tortue was unusable for several hours because of a pirate fleet sitting outside. It's allowable under the current game mechanics. I was able to teleport to another location and continue playing. At the moment, the pirates have less options, but still own territory. This is also part of the games mechanics. 

La Tortue is not a rookie spawn. Its a free town also known as Tortuga. 

Mortimer town is a rookie spawn and we protect rookies . 

It is not allowed to camp noob towns en force. It seems that this topic http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7955-us-players-boomsplat-and-dedo1911-pirate-toxic-behavior/#entry150427need to be readdressed again. Because not only these american players are camping a noob town against a well established international treaty, but also they use twink accounts to actually pull pirates into battle to circumvent the noob protection mechanics.

First, its Wetworth. Second, many US players use La Tortue as a base, so it's not that far off. Anyone who wants to go blockade Charleston will only find NPCs and empty water. You go to where the players are, regardless of what the city's name or status is.

A blockade is a blockade, and it's allowed in this game at the moment. I've been on both ends. 

As for US activities, I can only represent myself. I have no drive or interest in harassing low level players, or high level players in low rated ships. 

La Tortue is not a rookie spawn. Its a free town also known as Tortuga. 

Mortimer town is a rookie spawn and we protect rookies . 

It is not allowed to camp noob towns en force. 

It is my understanding that the nation capitols are the new player spawn points. Does this mean that no nation can engage in combat outside another nations capitol?

*edit - To my knowledge, no low level players were involved. The originator of this thread, according to his forum join date, has been involved with the game since early May 2015, which I would hardly call a noob. Further, to my knowledge, no member of TDA has ever griefed a low level player. It provides no challenge for PVP, it would foster a toxic game environment, and I imagine it would be counter productive for testing purposes, our primary goal here.

Edited by Wetworth

It is my understanding that the nation capitols are the new player spawn points. Does this mean that no nation can engage in combat outside another nations capitol?

If you understand it is a new player spawn point you will make a right decision. Players not able to make this right decision will be helped by us if the are consistently reported for this activity. 

Plus Boomsplat knows damn well what kind of shenanigans they were pulling outside of MT...I won't get into it in detail on this thread but he knows. As far as his line about acting like thieves, scum, and a scourge I'll just give him a mirror next time he is looking for someone fitting that description.

Oh get over yourself. Calling you a scurvy sea dog etc is nothing more than naval jest, don't be so pedantic.

Because not only these american players are camping a noob town against a well established international treaty, but also they use twink accounts to actually pull pirates into battle to circumvent the noob protection mechanics.

1. I was not aware that we could not blockade a national capital. Where is this rule?

2. What international treaty are you speaking of? No US groups have agreed to any terms involving the Pirate nation.

3. I can only speak for myself, but I will reilliterate again that at no point did I direct a pirate player or a 'twink' to attack other pirate players. We blockaded the port, following players out of the zone and attacking if we could, a few times a battle was initiated pulling everyone within the tag area in to battle, however that was through no action of my own.

4. There is clearly a slight flaw in the tagging mechanic here. Would it not be possible to have it so it only pulls in players that are part of a group? That would certainly prevent a few rather shady tactics which from your response is clearly being abused by some players.

Edited by B4NGSPL4T

*edit - To my knowledge, no low level players were involved. The originator of this thread, according to his forum join date, has been involved with the game since early May 2015, which I would hardly call a noob. Further, to my knowledge, no member of TDA has ever griefed a low level player. It provides no challenge for PVP, it would foster a toxic game environment, and I imagine it would be counter productive for testing purposes, our primary goal here.

mate i lost my frigate tonight when some roockie decided it was good idea attacking connie's outside MT, my frigate said boom against at least 5 player and 3 of them was TDA(pretty sure TDA had a laugh), i had a huge PVP chance. or like yesterday when TDA young was camping MT with Santisima and joined several times against me in my suprise while trying to cap a Frigate. i guess that it's a challenge... 1 broadside from Santisima i'm pretty sure my suprise will sink like a stone.

since your looking on join date, i did try the combat trials and reached navy brig before i stopped. then i started play open world somewhere in early november this year. im maybe not a noob but i hell aint got any ship that could put upp a decent fight with other players.

First, a disclaimer, the following are only my personal conclusions, in no way representative of SLRN's or the British nation's position.

First, its Wetworth. Second, many US players use La Tortue as a base, so it's not that far off. Anyone who wants to go blockade Charleston will only find NPCs and empty water. You go to where the players are, regardless of what the city's name or status is.

A blockade is a blockade, and it's allowed in this game at the moment. I've been on both ends. 

Of course the difference is enormous. If an enemy nation will decide to blockade the Royal Navy's base(s) of operation i will regard is as a challenge, and a welcome one and we'll have our ways to lift it as you had ways to lift the Tortue's blockade (i.e. organize a coordinated sortie, jump to another outpost and sail back with other ships e.t.c.). However i can not even conceive a situation in wich the Royal Navy would come to blockade Charleston, expecting no opposition and just robbing players starting over from the possibility of ever obtaining a foothold in this game.

*edit - To my knowledge, no low level players were involved. The originator of this thread, according to his forum join date, has been involved with the game since early May 2015, which I would hardly call a noob

The experience of the players has nothing to do with it, it's the level of their characters that determines their possibilities to fight this blockade, which in this case was zero. That's exactly the reason, i suppose, why those people came to attack a newbie town and not try to blockade a real force that could actually answer back.

Further, to my knowledge, no member of TDA has ever griefed a low level player. It provides no challenge for PVP, it would foster a toxic game environment, and I imagine it would be counter productive for testing purposes, our primary goal here.

I certainly assume that TDA has no connection whatsoever to this dishonorable activities. However, that being true, please, don't try to defend this guys. Gentlemen, my personal advice would be to severe all friendly and trade connections with this people and treat them as the true pirate scum they appear to be.

Wetworth sorry about the misspelling....it was vary late! Secondly, to be very clear, I have not seen TDA involved in any shady behavior since I've been playing. There are players from another U.S fleet though that  have happened to be involved in other cases of questionable game play....when it's happening more than in a single isolated case then it shows a history of repeat behavior. However, I still would rather this not go down a drama filled path of tit for tat.

What I do want to point out is that once again we have left the door open on potentially abusive behavior with pirate vs. pirate mechanics. Unfortunately, while it is a neat mechanic on the surface it is also the source of numerous cases of exploitable or trollish behavior. It's just going to continue and get worse once the masses start showing up I'm afraid. For the little it adds to the game I just don't see it being worth it.

Simple solution: spawn pirate players in the Bahamas where they belong. The MT, Baracoa, Tortuga triangle will always be brutal, and AI rat Santis would be ludicrous.

We are thinking about creating several unhistorical ports in shallow waters for this purpose. That will eliminate the need for large radius protection fleets from capitals.

• Like 2

Alternatively give choice to people when they create characters of where to spawn. Provide a 'PvE spawn' in a city far away from other nations so they can peacfully farm and a 'PvP spawn' in the Bahamas for people who wish to level up by fighting other players.

• Like 1

The Problem is that capitals are prestige targets for big fleets. And as long as they are starting ports newbies will have a hard time.

A solution can be that newbies start at a shallow area (like mentioned before)

Or a tutorial area (like a big lake) where pvp isn't allowed. There new player can get familiar with navigation, sailing and all the other stuff. The advantage of a lake is that you can't get lost because of poor navigation skills.

I have ended up in front of Mortimer town as a result of pirate players attacking friends around tortuga etc. when I give chase, they retreat into their protection area, and I will follow. I have no interest in fighting their noob players, but I do hope I will find pirates willing to fight. I'm not sure what the best solution to that scenario is, but I know that griefing people has never been MY motivation for ending up there.

I suppose if they had their capital in shallow water, that could work as a solution. I'd like to test it for sure.

1) Of course the difference is enormous. If an enemy nation will decide to blockade the Royal Navy's base(s) of operation i will regard is as a challenge, and a welcome one and we'll have our ways to lift it as you had ways to lift the Tortue's blockade (i.e. organize a coordinated sortie, jump to another outpost and sail back with other ships e.t.c.). However i can not even conceive a situation in wich the Royal Navy would come to blockade Charleston, expecting no opposition and just robbing players starting over from the possibility of ever obtaining a foothold in this game.

2) The experience of the players has nothing to do with it, it's the level of their characters that determines their possibilities to fight this blockade, which in this case was zero. That's exactly the reason, i suppose, why those people came to attack a newbie town and not try to blockade a real force that could actually answer back.

3) I certainly assume that TDA has no connection whatsoever to this dishonorable activities. However, that being true, please, don't try to defend this guys. Gentlemen, my personal advice would be to severe all friendly and trade connections with this people and treat them as the true pirate scum they appear to be.

1) The pirates were down to a few towns, most shallow water. Where else were we supposed to go to engage them in PVP? You can't imagine a scenario where the British Navy takes all the US ports? What would you do then, create an artificial zone around Charleston that all British players abide by? Furthermore, no one was targeting any player sailing something smaller than ship rigged. We were looking for PVP, not greifing. 

2) This was a response to the admin. We were not targeting new players, and the player in question was in a ship rigged vessel. Again, the "newbie town" was the only town with pirate activity, due to the extreme lack of ports available to them. No one was chasing low level ships. 

3) I will defend myself and my fleet. Don't presume to tell me what to do, Sir. I believe you have already lost a great quantity of tea in that manner.

Edited by Wetworth

Wetworth sorry about the misspelling....it was vary late! Secondly, to be very clear, I have not seen TDA involved in any shady behavior since I've been playing. There are players from another U.S fleet though that  have happened to be involved in other cases of questionable game play....when it's happening more than in a single isolated case then it shows a history of repeat behavior. However, I still would rather this not go down a drama filled path of tit for tat.

What I do want to point out is that once again we have left the door open on potentially abusive behavior with pirate vs. pirate mechanics. Unfortunately, while it is a neat mechanic on the surface it is also the source of numerous cases of exploitable or trollish behavior. It's just going to continue and get worse once the masses start showing up I'm afraid. For the little it adds to the game I just don't see it being worth it.

I too wish no argument. As for other fleets... that is beyond my limited influence. 

I agree that a mechanic exists that can be exploited. It's not exclusive to pirates, though. Perhaps ships should not be drawn into battle as it stands. There is nothing that stops a new Spanish player from engaging a massive British fleet, and drawing his fleet mates into said battle. 

The last thing I want if for new players to be turned away from the game. On the other hand, I want PVP to be predominant. I would suggest to make the capitols shallow water, but that wouldn't be possible because is a nation was down to it's last port, it would limit those players to shallow water ships, and what would happen to their lager ships ships? 

Perhaps the solution is to limit a user name to a single nation, like PofBS. Of course, that wouldn't prevent people form making several accounts. I dunno. I'm just thinking out loud. 

But you are correct, shady things can occur, and should be eliminated. The fleets that protect the capitol should be absolute, and not be able to be circumvented.