Game-Labs Forum

Very nice and informative video Saint...I thank you Sir, but that will in no way, shape or form mean that I shall be easy on you should we meet in battle......

Yea...   well, I put that up there so you did not have any excuse that you didn't know how to play... when I shot your ship full of holes and you had to jump overboard with your swimmies on :P

• Like 1

Yea...   well, I put that up there so you did not have any excuse that you didn't know how to play... when I shot your ship full of holes and you had to jump overboard with your swimmies on :P

That sounds like a challenge Sir....well I accept......I trust you have made or will shortly make peace with whichever God you worship, you'll meet him soon :P

A couple of questions for current testers in the wake of Saint's excellent UI tutorial..

a. What is/are the effects of the gunnery/sailing/survival buttons? do they just mean a majority of the crew prioritise the particular function selected or all of them? For example does selecting Gunnery decrease the reload time? If survival, does that mean they are making running repairs? If so what can they repair given that we have two repair "kits"? and.....

b. What do we use the repair kits for and what is their effect? If we choose for example to use a repair kit on a damaged rudder, does that give an instant or quick repair? if there are none remaining could the rudder eventually be repaired by clicking the crew to survival?

Repair kits?  I haven't read about this.  Is it intended to have them in the game?  If there are such things in this "realistic" game did they have counterparts in real life?  Did Nelson make sure that his ships had repair kits prior to the Battle of Trafalgar but Villeneuve did not, thus out-equipping the French and Spanish to the great glory of England?

Would it be remiss of a captain to forget to purchase a "repair kit" before leaving port?  Would he not in reality rely upon the expertise and seamanship of his crew to effect repairs in the heat of battle rather than break out (dare I say it) a magical repair kit that would solve (or buff) the damage to his vessel?

• Like 1

A couple of questions for current testers in the wake of Saint's excellent UI tutorial..

a. What is/are the effects of the gunnery/sailing/survival buttons? do they just mean a majority of the crew prioritise the particular function selected or all of them? For example does selecting Gunnery decrease the reload time? If survival, does that mean they are making running repairs? If so what can they repair given that we have two repair "kits"? and.....

Short answer is yes.

My observation is that it "focuses" your crew on that. If you listen in the videos when they hit survival you can hear the change in sounds of the voices, hammers, etc. Yes, running repairs. If you get holes below the water line your ship will fill without your crew on the pumps and plugging the holes i.e. Survival. Guns/ sailing a bit faster.

The way that I look at it is if your crew is in the rigging, I would assume that gunnery and repairs would suffer/slow. If on gunnery, not as many crew available for sails, etc. It makes the others slower.

b. What do we use the repair kits for and what is their effect? If we choose for example to use a repair kit on a damaged rudder, does that give an instant or quick repair? if there are none remaining could the rudder eventually be repaired by clicking the crew to survival?

There were 2 but a release or two ago they added a third repair unit. Using on the rudder will repair it, but it's not instant. Same with sails and Armor (hull). You don't want to do it too soon and not get the full repair benefit but if you wait too long you may regret it. If none are left you are probably not gonna get that rudder repaired. But managing the sails can give you some maneuverability.

the crew"skills" determin the performance on certain duties.

Sailing makes you sail faster and turn better, gunnery is giving you better reload, sacrifices sailing capability.

Survival is pumping your hull empty and plugging leaks. Also its supposed to make repairs faster.

Repairs:

We can choose to repair different modules: -hull/armor -sails -rudder -pump -powder magazine

As said bevore its as simple as repairing them.

Rudder is low priority, as is pump and powder magazine. If your armor is done. your ship is done. Better keep focus on this.

btw: Too late :P

I juust saw a new post incoming. But I provide some info nonehtless.

• Like 1

Going back to the Flying Dutchman posts. That was One Eyed Willie BTW. But I digress...When Fed Ex brought their B757's on line a few years ago, I noticed that all of the tail numbers were NXXXFD. In the phoenetic alpahbet FD is fox delta. To those of us in the aviation industry fox delta or alpha lima can get boring so we assign other words. An example of this would be bowel movement for BM or shit paper for SP. Well, I assigned Flying Dutchman for FD. This has nothing to do with the thread. Just putting it out there.

Wonderful impressions video RAMJB. Your english is quite good too. The Lynx looks like it can really move.

That video made me drop $40 faster than I've ever had before.  

Soon as it started "WTF IS THIS!?!  Why haven't I heard of this before and where can I get it?" followed soon after by: